Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri's 2021 Writing Prompt Challenge

Post by katrisims »

Prompt: "We could get arrested for this" (Dialogue prompts, Jan 12)
Type: Simlit
Universe: Alphabetia
Canon status: undetermined
Spoiler:
Russ walked towards Komei and Jessica, pocketing a wallet. He'd apparently already emptied it, counting the money as he walked the dark street.

"Not half bad, I told you this one was a good pick", he said as he came to a halt next to Jessica. He handed the money to Jessica, who quickly counted it, divided it into three stacks and handed two of them to Russ and Komei.

"Nice, I was running kind of low", she simply said, pocketing her share.

Komei just stood there, staring at the money in his hands. This was weird. He didn't even need the money, seeing who his parents were and all. He knew this wasn't right, that much was obvious. But... At least nobody was hurt, right? Tonight's victim probably wouldn't miss his wallet for a while, and Russ would dispose of it at a safe location. Komei didn't need the money, but he did need the status. Since he'd joined the little gang of his new friends, he hadn't been picked on once.

"What's wrong?" Russ asked, looking at him questioningly.

"I don't know..." Komei said, trying to hide his uncertainty. "It's just that... We could get arrested for this."

Jessica shrugged. "True, we could. But so far, we haven't. Me and Russ have been doing this for a while, and I'd say we're getting pretty good at it too. You weren't half bad yourself tonight", she said assuringly. "And well, it wouldn't be fun if there wasn't any risk involved, would it?"
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri's 2021 Writing Prompt Challenge

Post by katrisims »

Prompt: "What makes you think it was an accident?" (Dialogue prompts, May 5)
Type: Simlit
Universe: Alphabetia (future)
Canon status: undetermined
Notes: We're in unknown territory here, I've not decided how things go exactly if I ever get this far, but just in case, beware of spoilers! I'll keep names out and so at least.
Spoiler:
The young couple stood by the side of the road, watching the house in the distance. Or rather, what was left of it. Most of the devastation was covered in smoke, and the fire brigade was still at work trying to get the rest of the flames die down. The two watched in silence, the woman clutching a baby in her arms. The man had wrapped his arms around her, but still his eyes were on the remains of their home.

"I can't believe this", she finally spoke up, her voice merely a whisper. "How quickly the flames spread, how bad it was. Five minutes later, and..."

"I know", he said. He squeezed her tightly, mostly just to make sure she was still there. "We were incredibly lucky to get out of there."

"Yeah. I... couldn't have imagined such a horrifying accident could happen to us."

"Accident? What makes you think it was an accident?" he asked, almost sharply.

She turned to look at him, squeezing the baby tightly. The little one let out a dissatisfied noise. She realized her mistake, held the baby more gently and whispered to it soothingly.

"You mean..." she hesitated. "You mean it was...?"

He stared at the smoldering house in the distance. "Trust me, I really want this to be an accident, nothing would make me feel better right now. And I know what you're thinking about. Yes, I know he's in jail, he can't get at us. But there are still sims out there, his connections, who were never found. I think we can be quite certain that this wasn't an accident."

Return to “2021 Writing Prompt Challenges”