The Gardenia Legacy-updated 6/4

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Heather letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.

Re: The Gardenia Legacy-updated 4/28

Postby Calamity Jade » April 28th, 2021, 12:08 pm

Spoiler:
Calamity Jade
Springing
House of Motherlode

Medals: 8
Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) SimNano 2020 Participation (1) SimNano 2020 Personal (1) 2020 Treat (1) 2020 Trick (1) 100 Posts (1) Happy Birthday (1)

Re: The Gardenia Legacy-updated 5/2

Postby Calamity Jade » May 2nd, 2021, 8:12 am

Back with an update, this time on the spare side of things. ^^

Spare Stories - A Day in the Life of Avenir

Spoiler:
Calamity Jade
Springing
House of Motherlode

Apocalypse Challenge (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) SimNano 2020 Participation (1) SimNano 2020 Personal (1) 2020 Treat (1) 2020 Trick (1) 100 Posts (1) Happy Birthday (1)

Re: The Gardenia Legacy-updated 5/6

Postby Calamity Jade » May 6th, 2021, 10:20 am

Chapter 1.3 is up! :toast:

Spoiler:
Calamity Jade
Springing
House of Motherlode

Postby nooboostar » May 17th, 2021, 3:54 pm

Finally managed to sit down and catch up on this awesome story! I was ecstatic to see that there were four updates waiting to be read lol. I loved seeing how Avenir was faring on his own, too. It was a nice break from the everything that's happening in the main household. I really like the blue skin-blonde hair combo going on with the kids, by the way. Can't wait for more Gardenia shenanigans! :D
LiveJournal (ARCHIVED) | Tumblr | Blogger

ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage
nooboostar
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 19
Completed a Challenge! (1) Scattergories (1) Easter 2020 (1) Scarecrow Hunt 2020 (1) 2020 Treat (1) 2020 Trick (1) 2020 Halloween (1) Christmas 2020 (1) 2020 Advent (1)
Valentine 2021 (1) Easter 2021 Events (1) 15th Birthday Event (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Gary? (1) Bahrain (1) 100 Posts (1) Happy Birthday (1)
500 Posts (1)

Postby Calamity Jade » May 26th, 2021, 3:03 pm

Thank you for your comment! As always, much appreciated.

I finally got the next update out, marking the end of Gen A's chapters.

Chapter 1.4 - Teenage and Elderly Woes Alike

BTW, feel free to add me on LJ here, if you've got one. As I also post updates and stuff on there.

Spoiler:
Calamity Jade
Springing
House of Motherlode

Re: The Gardenia Legacy-updated 5/26

Postby nooboostar » May 31st, 2021, 2:57 am

Hooray for a new update! Congrats on completing another generation! I really like how you write out your Sims characters by the way, I was chuckling the whole update. I like the teen hangout you built as well (I always found it strange that barely any teens show up on community lots during the day, tbh. I wonder if it's because the game considers them to be in school. Speaking of younger Sims, I don't think I've ever seen kids show up on community lots either. Awww rest in peace, Michelle. You and Pierce will be missed! Also I like the elder outfits for Eric and Ai. They suit them perfectly imo. Oh dear, looks like all the girls want a piece of Balakay haha. So excited to see what the triplets will get up to at college, and I'm looking forward to Borealis' reign once he graduates. :D

Great update as usual, @CalamityJade! I can't wait for the next installment. Also, I added you on LJ! It's always nice to have Sims buddies on there since the site is basically dead lol. :lol:

nooboostar
House of Llama
House of Llama

Completed a Challenge! (1) Scattergories (1) Easter 2020 (1) Scarecrow Hunt 2020 (1) 2020 Treat (1) 2020 Trick (1) 2020 Halloween (1) Christmas 2020 (1) 2020 Advent (1)
Valentine 2021 (1) Easter 2021 Events (1) 15th Birthday Event (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Gary? (1) Bahrain (1) 100 Posts (1) Happy Birthday (1)
500 Posts (1)

Postby Vooogerbits » May 31st, 2021, 6:49 am

This is a super fun legacy!

Spoiler:
I like the idea that Rod Humble is secretly evil and trying to cause chaos via delivering PCs with viruses lol. I will think that every time I see him in game now.

I'm obsessed with Ai's genetics, she's so pretty! (and sassy). Plus Alcatraz really grew into her face.

Aww, I love the name Bianca, and a new custom skin?! :heartbeat: I really like the outfits and hair you choose for your playables. Your style generally is great! Barbara's dress is awesome, Ai's elder dress :heart: gorgeous!

I'm really looking forward to Borealis' time to shine as heir!

Can't wait for more, Jade!
Vooogerbits

Medals: 2
Completed a Challenge! (1) Valentine Challenge (1)

Postby Calamity Jade » May 31st, 2021, 9:57 am

Thanks so much for the comments, guys! :slaphappy:

Nooboostar:
Spoiler:
Yeah, the teens don't show up when I want to set up a teen outing, but when I have a founder searching for a spouse, the teens all decide to come out. :D. And I don't think kids can show up on community lots unless you have a playable kid, unless there is a mod for that? Probably.

Yes, Michelle will be missed. But she lived a really long life for someone who didn't get permaplat until elderhood, so no complaints there.

And I added you back, awesome! Haha, there's still quite a few simmers on there I think.

Vooogerbits:
Spoiler:
Thank you, I'm glad you're liking it! I do try to give each of my sims a unique personality, and most of the time, they do a good job of conveying what they want(the college update so far is proof of that).

I think most of my elder dresses came from MTS/All About Style in particular. Really nice to have elder ladies looking sophisticated and less saggy.

And yes, update coming soon!

Spoiler:
Calamity Jade
Springing
House of Motherlode

Re: The Gardenia Legacy-updated 6/4

Postby Calamity Jade » June 4th, 2021, 11:35 am

Updated, with Part One of Gen B's college years!

Spoiler:
Calamity Jade
Springing
House of Motherlode

Postby nooboostar » June 10th, 2021, 6:28 am

Yeah, I've met some awesome people on there! It's a shame the site is pretty inactive overall, though. I planning on switching to either Blogger or Wordpress once I start Simming again, although I'm still not sure which one to pick. :hmm:

Also, regarding the children and teen townies showing up on community lots: I know that twojeff's Visitor Controller allows you to ban certain Sims from lots based on many factors (one of which is age), so that could be a solution. I also found a mod that specifically allows children and teen townies to spawn on community lots, however it conflicts with the Visitor Controller. So I guess you could use one or the other, and not both together. :shrug:

As for the new update, I absolutely loved it! I left my comments in the spoiler below. :P
Spoiler:
When Ai brought a kid with her to visit Blake I nearly spat out my drink lol. Also, it's nice to know I'm not the only one that likes to wait and see what majors my Sims roll wants for. :)

Yeesh, what is up with Barbara and her random animosity towards that blonde dormie? Poor girl literally didn't do anything to her! And oh man, ACR is making things really dramatic (in a funny way) between the Gardenia kids. Mary was smart to leave as soon as that date started. :haha:

Yay for everyone getting into the Greek House. Now Al can finally graduate and leave college, haha. She probably has a lot of catching up to do with friends and family back home. :tongue:

Great update as usual, @CalamityJade! I can't wait for the next one! :D

nooboostar
House of Llama
House of Llama

500 Posts (1)

Postby MommyIzz » June 10th, 2021, 8:45 pm

Just checked out the first round & it's off to a great start!

Spoiler:
I absolutely loved all the redheads. Someone is playing a dirty joke on Pierce. lol. You managed to get Pierce engaged and a baby on the way!
MommyIzz

Postby Calamity Jade » June 12th, 2021, 12:12 pm

@nooboostar

Spoiler:
That looks like a cool mod, shame it doesn't work with VC. I tried to use Visitor Controller to only allow teens but that time I only got those two teens. Maybe I'll take it out to try the other mod one of those days, I think I just use the VC to ban evil witches off businesses.

Yeah I think it gives sims some more personality when I see what they want to major. Borealis' choice felt the most random, but the others made sense regarding their wants.

My guess is that those two had a few bad conversations or someone rejected an Admire, that always tanks the relationship score when you first meet someone. But it wouldn't surprise me if Barbara just waltzed up to her and started arguing. Not complaining though, mean sims are fun. Most of the time. xD

Yes, it's about time for Al to graduate. Luckily I already have someone to take her place in placeholding.

@MommyIzz

Spoiler:
Thanks for reading! Pierce and his early days was certainly a fun time. I kind of have a soft spot for the founder lawn-living days.

Spoiler:
Calamity Jade
Springing
House of Motherlode

Previous

Return to Sims 2 Stories