The L'Amour Legacy- updated 17/06/21

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Heather letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 24/05/21

Postby Vooogerbits » May 27th, 2021, 8:25 am

KatLovesPotatoes wrote:I... LOVE... MUTU!!! :hissyfit: AHHHH! ADORABLE BABY!!!

:lol: Me too, Kat!! :heartbeat: :heart:
Vooogerbits

Medals: 2
Completed a Challenge! (1) Valentine Challenge (1)

Postby Vooogerbits » May 27th, 2021, 8:31 am

Calamity Jade wrote:
Spoiler:
You know, I guess it's a good thing that the classic birthing spot is on the sidewalk, it sure beats the bathroom in simverse. :cheeky:

Not Diddy... :ouch at least he lived a decent, long life.

I'm curious to see how the Story Progression mod is doing in your 'hood, since I don't have the urge to download it myself. Definitely seems like it creates some funny situations. xD

I never noticed that plumbbob animation in the cut scene(well because I never had an alien birth cutscene TBH, but still, cute!)

And yes, Savma is finally off to college! It's always interesting to see which parent drops off the kid at college.

Very good update! :slaphappy:

Hi, Jade! Thanks so much for your comments :D

Oh gosh yes, I know Eloise had one of the boys in the bathroom (if you could call it that).. *so* not ideal!

Yeah, I like that the story progression mod tells you about deaths relevant to the family, sad as it is. I haven't played around with the mod tooo much yet, but so far it's been interesting seeing who my sims decide to date and have babies with (and what they call the babies...). I do like playing rotationally but I thought I'd give it a go.

I get the plumbob in normal birth cutscenes too, annoyingly :( I thought it was because I had the 'prettier plumbobs' mod but I got rid of it and nothing changed- oh well! :bounce:

Yes, I enjoy seeing which parent drops them off too! I've had teen sims show up themselves before with neither parent, interestingly. Maybe their relationship score comes into it.

Thanks again for reading and your comments :heartbeat:
Vooogerbits

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 09/02/21

Postby Vooogerbits » May 27th, 2021, 8:52 am

nooboostar wrote:...

Hey Nooboo, I just caught up on your Colorful Curcubeus challenge and with the Didneys and saw that you've been having computer issues and needed to stop the stories. I'm so sorry to hear that, we all know how terribly frustrating computer issues / running this old game are. I had an overheating laptop for ages and it was all kinds of awful. I hope you can find a solution or at least enjoy some time away from it all. Although I'll of course miss the Didneys and the new heir Ebony, you should know that I will definitely enjoy any more stories that you write! I hope you're doing well aside from the computer stuff :heart:
Vooogerbits

Postby nooboostar » May 30th, 2021, 11:23 am

Hey, Voo! Aside from the gaming and laptop issues I'm holding up pretty okay, thanks for asking. Yeah, it's a shame that my stories had to end so abruptly but it was fun while it lasted. At the moment I won't be able to play or build for a while since I'm waiting on my gaming pc to be ready (although I'm not sure when that'll be since the covid situation is still pretty bad here). As for blogging and other things, I'll be temporarily using an old laptop my dad had stored away until I save up for a shiny new uni/work laptop. And awww, thank you so much for your kind words! It really means a lot to know that you enjoyed my stories! Speaking of the virus, we're in the middle of another lockdown right now. We have four different vaccines available, though, and the whole fam got vaccinated around March this year so I have hope that things are going to settle down soon. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble booking an appointment. Hopefully you get the vaccine soon! :hug:

Oh no! I absolutely love InTeen as well as the trips and quads mod, so it's sad to hear that the story progression mod will clash with them! Guess I'll just wait on it a bit more then. In the mean time, I should really practice my self-control because God knows how many mods I had installed (I think it was around 200). Having to redownload them and get them ready for my gaming pc is a good opportunity to sit down and think of which ones I actually need or really like lol. :P

You should be proud, it was very well-done! I struggled so much making the photocards for the Curcubeu heirpolls, so I applaud and respect your editing skills! I will admit it might be a bit weird if irl work was like the sims, but I think it could be fun too haha. I honestly don't see Suyuu settling down, for some reason. Like she strikes me as the gorgeous, fun, outgoing gal that isn't worried about finding anyone and just lives life in the moment but is also a super amazing aunty. She's like the cool and hip young aunt basically lol. Also, having little half piglets might be equal parts disturbing and interesting but I'd be curious to see how they turn out lol. Whatever you choose to do, though, I'll definitely enjoy reading about. :)

Now to comment on the latest chapter! :bounce:
Spoiler:
Lol I love how you added "baby" and "potential baby" to Sin and Tap's bellies in the family photo! Also, what a way to start the chapter! I hope Sinimak didn't traumatize poor Sav too much. Phil taking the kids to school in his PJs is too real haha! It reminded me of when my mom or dad would literally roll out of bed and take me to school when I was younger. That snow-covered outside toilet is just *chef's kiss*, by the way. Good luck to anyone that needs a bathroom break during winter. :haha:

Awww, the baby bump buddies pic was super cute! Speaking of babies, welcome little Havas (his genetic mix is really interesting)! Also, what is it with the kids bringing back school friends at a bad time? First Preeti, and now Savma. It's hilarious lol. OMG MUTU IS TO DIE FOR! I LOVE LOVE LOVE HIS SKIN COLOR SO MUCH! Man, I'm going to miss Sav though. Can't believe she's going off to college now. *sniff* Also, are those freckles I see on toddler Havas? How cute! They suit him really well too, in my opinion. :grin:

Amazing update as always, Voo! Can't wait to see what happens to the L'Amours next! :D
LiveJournal [ARCHIVED] | Tumblr | Blogger

ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage
nooboostar
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 21
Golden Plumbob 2021 (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Scattergories (1) Easter 2020 (1) Scarecrow Hunt 2020 (1) 2020 Treat (1) 2020 Trick (1) 2020 Halloween (1) Christmas 2020 (1)
2020 Advent (1) Valentine 2021 (1) Easter 2021 Events (1) 15th Birthday Event (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Gary? (1) Bahrain (1) 100 Posts (1)
Happy Birthday (1) 500 Posts (1) 1,000 Posts (1)

Postby Vooogerbits » June 17th, 2021, 8:38 am

nooboostar wrote:Hey, Voo! Aside from the gaming and laptop issues I'm holding up pretty okay, thanks for asking. Yeah, it's a shame that my stories had to end so abruptly but it was fun while it lasted. At the moment I won't be able to play or build for a while since I'm waiting on my gaming pc to be ready (although I'm not sure when that'll be since the covid situation is still pretty bad here). As for blogging and other things, I'll be temporarily using an old laptop my dad had stored away until I save up for a shiny new uni/work laptop. And awww, thank you so much for your kind words! It really means a lot to know that you enjoyed my stories! Speaking of the virus, we're in the middle of another lockdown right now. We have four different vaccines available, though, and the whole fam got vaccinated around March this year so I have hope that things are going to settle down soon. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble booking an appointment. Hopefully you get the vaccine soon! :hug:

Oh no! I absolutely love InTeen as well as the trips and quads mod, so it's sad to hear that the story progression mod will clash with them! Guess I'll just wait on it a bit more then. In the mean time, I should really practice my self-control because God knows how many mods I had installed (I think it was around 200). Having to redownload them and get them ready for my gaming pc is a good opportunity to sit down and think of which ones I actually need or really like lol. :P

You should be proud, it was very well-done! I struggled so much making the photocards for the Curcubeu heirpolls, so I applaud and respect your editing skills! I will admit it might be a bit weird if irl work was like the sims, but I think it could be fun too haha. I honestly don't see Suyuu settling down, for some reason. Like she strikes me as the gorgeous, fun, outgoing gal that isn't worried about finding anyone and just lives life in the moment but is also a super amazing aunty. She's like the cool and hip young aunt basically lol. Also, having little half piglets might be equal parts disturbing and interesting but I'd be curious to see how they turn out lol. Whatever you choose to do, though, I'll definitely enjoy reading about. :)

Now to comment on the latest chapter! :bounce:
Spoiler:
Lol I love how you added "baby" and "potential baby" to Sin and Tap's bellies in the family photo! Also, what a way to start the chapter! I hope Sinimak didn't traumatize poor Sav too much. Phil taking the kids to school in his PJs is too real haha! It reminded me of when my mom or dad would literally roll out of bed and take me to school when I was younger. That snow-covered outside toilet is just *chef's kiss*, by the way. Good luck to anyone that needs a bathroom break during winter. :haha:

Awww, the baby bump buddies pic was super cute! Speaking of babies, welcome little Havas (his genetic mix is really interesting)! Also, what is it with the kids bringing back school friends at a bad time? First Preeti, and now Savma. It's hilarious lol. OMG MUTU IS TO DIE FOR! I LOVE LOVE LOVE HIS SKIN COLOR SO MUCH! Man, I'm going to miss Sav though. Can't believe she's going off to college now. *sniff* Also, are those freckles I see on toddler Havas? How cute! They suit him really well too, in my opinion. :grin:

Amazing update as always, Voo! Can't wait to see what happens to the L'Amours next! :D

Hey! I'm glad you're doing okay, how is the computer situation now? Better, I hope!! It's cool that you're getting a gaming PC though. Yes, I definitely did enjoy your stories, and I'll be looking out for the next ones you do for sure! Is the covid situation any better there? We've got some restrictions in place but it's lots better, and I got my first dose of the vaccine yesterday, which I'm very happy about haha. I'm hoping to go home and visit family at some point in the summer, but that's looking too complicated at the moment. I'm glad to hear your family got vaccinated, that's great news!

Now onto sims chat aha... yess I feel the same about InTeen and trips and quads, and I miss the latter. I got some mods to enable teen pregnancy but I haven't tested it out yet. There aren't any teens in the legacy house anyway yet. I'm sure it won't be too long before the story prog mod can be used with mods :D ahh yes, organising mods is a great idea, especially when you have to reinstall the game and everything.

Haha thank you for the compliment about my title screen editing. I'm slowly learning how to use gimp, it's fairly fun! I love your view of Suyuu! <3 It makes me want to go and play their household more and let her live it up! She is definitely the cool hip young aunt :heartbeat: Lol @ the half-piglets. I'll definitely try my best to make that happen. Thank you!

You are forever the sweetest to comment on each chapter <3

Haha, I was excited to have two babies on the way! Lol, Sav really needed to go to college. Hahaha yes, I really related to Phillip in his PJs in the car, barely awake. These sims can be so relatable. :haha: yeah I love that the snow immediately covers your new purchases.

Yeah, do you like Havas' genetic mix? I was kind of hoping for Sin's blue skinton, but I was not expecting a ginger, and I like that with his mum's eyes. I so thought we'd only have brunettes this gen. Haha I know, those traumatised kids coming home to a birth show on the pavement XD Aww I love that you love Mutu! I've got a few other sims with this dark blue skintone and I like it too :) I've been having fun with Savma at college :) She's so cool. And yes, I've got some kind of freckle skin mod that gives all my redheads freckles <3

Thank you for your comments and again, I hope you've been keeping well! :heartbeat:
Vooogerbits

Postby Vooogerbits » June 17th, 2021, 8:47 am

Chapter 2.3 is heeeere, and it's pretty wholesome stuff this time; click if you want to ogle cute babiez. Do leave a comment if you feel like it, I love reading them! And I hope you're doing well and staying safe :)
Vooogerbits

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 17/06/21

Postby MommyIzz » June 17th, 2021, 11:15 am

I love it! I wish my lunch was longer so I could read more! I motored through the intro & Chapter 1.1. Phillip had me smiling the whole time. Great handicaps & great start :)
MommyIzz

Re: The L'Amour Legacy- updated 17/06/21

Postby nooboostar » July 6th, 2021, 4:06 pm

Hi, Voo! I'm having trouble falling asleep right now so I thought I'd pop in to see if there are any new L'Amour updates, and imagine my happiness when I saw that you put up Chapter 2.3! :)

Regarding my computer situation I have some good and bad news. The good news is that my family members all pitched in to buy me a shiny new laptop, however the bad news is that the gaming pc will have to wait until the covid situation gets better here. I'll be installing my games onto the new laptop for the time being, though, so it's not all doom and gloom lol. I'm glad to hear that you got your first shot! How did you feel afterwards? Any side effects? Right now we've just come out of another lockdown, but people are going crazy since we've all been stuck at home for so long. I won't be surprised if the cases go back up and they decide to go into lockdown again. I'm glad to hear that things are better on your end and I hope you have a good time with your family when you get the chance to visit them! :heart:

Yeah I honestly can't live without InTeen or the trips and quads mod haha. Out of curiousity, though, do you remember the teen pregnancy mod you downloaded or do you still have the link to it? I heard that InTeen has long been discontinued, so I'm trying to explore alternative mods in case it decides to stop working for me or bork my game. And I'm soooo looking forward to seeing how the story progression mod is going to develop further! I always enjoyed the story progression parts whenever I would read about a TS3 story or challenge. Speaking of mods, the whole 'organizing my mods' didn't work out because I now have 200+ installed (which is more than I originally had in my old game and laptop)... :oops:

Ooooh I've heard of gimp! That's really cool! I don't really edit my pics much (I literally just crop and resize them lol), so I use BeFunky Photo Editor. If I'm going to do something fancy or a proper edit (like the heir poll cards) I use Photopea, which is a free online version of Photoshop. It's a bit limited in comparison, but that doesn't affect me because my edits are minimal and not to fancy. And awwww, I'm happy you liked my vision of cool aunt Su! I'm also looking forward to the half-piglet abominations hahaha! So excited that Sav is finally off to college, as well (it felt like she'd been a teen forever lol)! And yessss I absolutely love the diversity in the L'Amour family tree! It's like the kids add something new to the genepool each generation, and I'm here for it! :D

Now it's time to comment on the new chapter! :bounce:
Spoiler:
That was quite the interesting opening shot, if I'm being honest lol. Gotta love TS2 glitches, amirite? Also, have I mentioned how much I friggin' love the toddler-pet cuddle animation? Because I 100% absolutely and wholeheartedly do! Whoaaaaa,a PlantSim?! That's awesome! I've always struggled to turn my Sims into one. I guess Tap should be renamed to Sap now, eh (as in tree sap, because he's a plantsim haha. Sorry, I couldn't resist the horrible nature pun...)? Awwww, Mutu grew up adorably! I honestly can't really make out who he resembles more yet. I realized that I start to notice these things when the Sims age up into kids (or teens at the latest). :tongue:

This is completely random, but I don't know why that dark nighttime shot of the bunny head toy looks menacing and evil. I think it's the cold beady eyes staring into your soul that does it for me hahaha. On a more serious note, I think Havas thinking about college could be a sign of corruption? I'm not too sure, but here's a link to an informative list of signs according to the sims wiki. "What could be healthier than a young child getting some nutrients in the dirt whilst his father sprays chemicals a foot away? Nothing!" This was probably my favorite line in the update! It had me chuckling for a good minute or two! :haha:

Sininen is a total boss babe! She bounced back from that demotion real quick! I seriously admire and respect her so much for always working hard and doing her best and just being an awesome mother and employee! I'm not looking forward to seeing Phil in is almost birthday suit again, though. My poor eyes can't handle the image lol. Awww, I'm glad I could help out with the custom paintings idea. Super excited to see Phil put them up around the house once they're finished! The love card and date bouquet are a nice touch, too. I agree on personalizing your Sims' houses or rooms; it feels so wholesome and real. OMG A NEW PUPPY! WELCOME TO THE MAD HOUSE, LITTLE DUDY! Also, I didn't know kids could pick the flowers! That's so cute and realistic! I just love all these little animations in TS2! Also, the ending shot of the house was a nice way to finish the update. I'm really impressed with the progress, Voo, you're doing great with the house! :grin:

As always it was fun to catch up with you on the story and real life, Voo, and thank you for being such a sweetheart! Looking forward to more L'Amour madness! :hug:
LiveJournal [ARCHIVED] | Tumblr | Blogger

ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage
nooboostar
House of Llama
House of Llama

Medals: 21
Golden Plumbob 2021 (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Scattergories (1) Easter 2020 (1) Scarecrow Hunt 2020 (1) 2020 Treat (1) 2020 Trick (1) 2020 Halloween (1) Christmas 2020 (1)
2020 Advent (1) Valentine 2021 (1) Easter 2021 Events (1) 15th Birthday Event (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Little Ball of Fur (1) Gary? (1) Bahrain (1) 100 Posts (1)
Happy Birthday (1) 500 Posts (1) 1,000 Posts (1)

Previous

Return to Sims 2 Stories