Lakewood: Just a BaCC [6th February, 2022]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [31st December, 2016]

Post by katrisims »

:)
Spoiler:
Oh, "ace" is short for "asexual", I suppose because just "a" often feels a bit too short. Maybe I should edit in a quick note about that, just in case of confusion. :) (I've had the possibility of asexuality in my randomization for a while, but this is the first time that it's actually come up.)

Hmm, I'm not sure but I think there's only one good and one evil witch/warlock per 'hood. So it could be that your 'hood got female sims for both of those? I think that's the case in Alphabetia, too.

Tips seem to be a surprisingly good source of income, at least for high-creativity sims and in circumstances where they can just energize in between and keep playing. And at least in my game, sims are by far the most likely to tip when they've just entered the lot. So busy lots like businesses or dorms should be good. :) Looking forward to seeing how you end up using it!

Heh, I supppose the work outfits will be a bonus. :P Hopefully Lizzie will be happy, that's the main thing. :)

Glad to hear you're working on an update, too, best of luck! Looking forward to that and seeing how Dance works into it. :)
Thank you again for reading and commenting! :pie:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [26th May, 2017]

Post by katrisims »

Update bump! After a lot of real life distraction (I changed jobs and moved to another city, and there was some sorrow in the family), I'm finally back with another update! Week 4, Part 2 is here, I hope you enjoy! :smoothie:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Fun update!
Spoiler:
Holy cow, Reese rolled a doozy - seriously, Grilled Cheese and Pleasure? Lol! Reina's Knowledge/Romance is a cool combo I'm not sure I've played before - hers should be interesting too.

Soooo many plants to tend to! The penguin is so cute too!

Good luck getting a boy next time :)
Last edited by Lorinsv on May 31st, 2017, 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Post by Scribal_Goddess »

Caught up to week 2!
Spoiler:
I love the idea of a good genes challenge sim for a prettacy founder. But I'm just looking forward to orange or green babies too!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Reply time (finally)!

Lorinsv:
Spoiler:
The girls got interesting aspirations. Grilled Cheese is fun, except that it tends to dominate the want panel quite heavily. We'll see if Reese actually ever gets to roll those Pleasure wants.

So many plants indeed! I do think I may have gotten a little overboard with the plants. If they didn't have the sprinklers, surely they couldn't have taken care of all those plants. Even so, they are pretty exhausted from the job.

*crosses fingers* Maybe one of the babies now coming would be a boy... Or possibly it's a plot by Jenny to get her those six kids to marry off... I guess we'll find out next week!
Scribal_Goddess:
Spoiler:
Thanks. :) I'm pretty happy with that idea, too. I haven't done a genetic challenge before, so we'll see what happens with that. But in any case, orange and/or green babies should be upcoming. :)
Thank you both for reading and commenting! :lemonade:
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

I just had to pop in now that I'm reading Week 4:
Spoiler:
First off, I'm so thrilled Aaron randomized as ace - I'm just happy anyone else besides me even plays ace sims! Also, zero autonomy, static token,
extremely high relationship score to woohoo and aggressive friend zoning is how I manage my own simself's ACR token. (I'm aroace.) I actually wrote a tutorial for setting the ACR tokens here.

Also, it seems like you're zipping along pretty fast for a original flavor BACC, and I've been taking some pointers on business marathon sessions, because I have yet to get a business past level 6. (Doesn't help that my business tycoon is pleasure/fortune and has nobody to date...) Also, you've got such cute teens!

... catching one of each fish is a pain. But the penguin trying to catch fish is comedy gold!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi again! :wave:
Spoiler:
I'm also pretty thrilled about Aaron randomizing ace, and fun to hear you play ace sims too! :) I've had the ace orientation included in my randomization for a while, but this is the first time a sim has actually rolled it. I suppose the randomization was partially inspired by me being ace too (demiromantic-ish, here) and partially by a sim in my alphabetacy 'hood who I've figured is probably either grey or demi. Thanks for the tutorial, that was a very interesting read, and you've clearly put a lot of thought into this! I'm not sure what I want to do, as on the one hand I would want some different kinds of aces (if another sim ever rolls it, with the 2% chance I give it...), but on the other hand I don't think I'd necessarily want to make the randomization process more complex. Anyway, I may yet want to fiddle with the settings for Aaron at least.

I think I've gotten a pretty good start, though there's still ways to go. I haven't played a huge amount of businesses before, so I've been discovering some tricks as I go. Despite the tricks, the higher levels are still kinda work-intensive. Oh and I do seem to have gotten lucky with the genetic combinations so far, the teens are quite cute. :) I don't really know what I'm doing with the genetic challenges I just founded, but more like hoping that smashing enough of ugly/pretty genetics together the effect will be as desired. ;)

Yeah, I sort of expect that now that the Capps have caught all but two of the fish, catching the remaining two will take an eternity... The penguin trying to eat the mounted fish is adorable though. :heart: I think fish attract the penguin the visit, so I suppose that he'll be a regular visitor in the near future.
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Ah yes, the genetics:
Spoiler:
From observation (read: the vetinari dualegacies and some other legacies) I think the thing with the uglacy is to get faces that don't match well in terms of where the individual features are placed, like the nose and mouth aren't in the same plane type of thing. Prettacies, though? Yeah, just pick the prettiest, I've got nothing. :)

Good, I have a penguin visitor to look forward to in my own BACC, once Denise Ultra catches her remaining two fish before winter hits...
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Finally got the next update together! Week 4, Part 3 with the Curious OWBC is here, I hope you enjoy the update. :toast:

The kids are now all teenagers, so it's time for the first heir poll! You can vote for your favorite until the end of September, so about three weeks.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [8th September, 2017]

Post by Lorinsv »

Great update and info on bug collecting!
Spoiler:
Love the bug collection, it's so pretty! Coincidentally, one of my adopted kids just started working on one, and he got the bees while at Three Lakes - guess he'll be having more of those, poor kid - wow, thirty altogether. Great to know you can find bugs on hikes, and I'm checking to make sure I have that mod installed.

Those flamingos sure keep an OWBC family busy, it's fun to see that animation.

I love all the girls, I don't know who to choose, but I will!
Image Image
ISTJ
Scribal_Goddess

Post Counts

Left my reply over at the dreamwidth, but hey! Heir poll!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Lorinsv:
Spoiler:
The bug collection is quite pretty, which is a good thing as getting it drove me a little batty. Yeah you can find a bug on a hike, it's happened to me before, but it doesn't seem to be common. Also I don't know if it helps for the last few bugs or if it's just specific bugs that can be caught that way. It didn't help Nervous in the end but I had to try it. (Now I'm trying not to think about the fact that they have to do this again next generation... :P ) Oh, and I definitely recommend checking you have that mod, it's very annoying to be one bug short for all of time!

Yeah the flamingoes are pretty fun, though they've gotten maybe a bit less attention than I would have expected. Might be because I try to keep an eye on the gnome and try to get guests away from it, too.

The girls are pretty awesome, I'd probably have a bit of a hard time choosing between them if I were to do it myself. I may have a bit of a favorite though, but I'm trying not to say at least until the poll closes. In any case, I'm excited to see who wins!
Thank you for reading and commenting! :oreo:

Scribal_Goddess:

Whee, heir poll! Reply also over at DW, thank you for reading and commenting! :smoothie:
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I just read all the updates over the span of a few days, and I loved it! Can't wait for more. :)
Spoiler:
I can't wait to meet the Servo next week once it's been activated. I've always liked servos and can't wait to get some in my own 'hood!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [7th March, 2018]

Post by katrisims »

simsterlyrock:

I'm so sorry, I must have missed your comment somehow! I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed the challenge so far. :)
Spoiler:
The servo is pretty exciting. I'm not sure yet who's going to activate them, but it's going to be fun I think.
Thanks for reading and commenting! :pie:

After a long break, it's time for a new update! This time it's a week with the Fortunatos, the Pure Entrepreneur challenge. I hope you enjoy!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

The Daniels have done great with this challenge, and raised a wonderful family to boot. It is fun finding different ways to earn money apart from the 9-to-5 grind *jealous*
Spoiler:
Congrats on the snapdragons! After five weeks and still no gold flower badge, I hope to have them very soon in MV *eyes Aunt Tiffany* :sly:

Art galleries are a fun business to run, though I did it the easy way with Buy Mode paintings. Way to go Daniel P. for painting his own.

Good lord, all those first dates! I'm glad it isn't creating any friction in the relationship, although it is entirely possible and a unique twist to keep them platonic. :angel1:

I'm of the opinion that Lakewood's business reviewer likes his job - I know I would!
Image Image
ISTJ
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

The Daniels had a successful week!
Spoiler:
Almost halfway through the 50 1st Dates LTW! Are you excited to be done with it? :lol:
Dora looks super cute as a teenager. She's my favorite of the kids. :heart:
A furniture store is such a good idea! I might have to do that in my BACC. I'm running out of ideas for community lots, which is challenging since I have two or three Sims now who want to Own 3 Top-Level Businesses for their LTWs. I want to try and do it, but I don't know if I can come up with that many original business ideas. :lol:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Lorinsv:

Thanks! Thinking up different businesses is part of the fun in a BaCC - and in Pure Entrepreneur, too. :)
Spoiler:
Thanks! I sort of goofed since I forgot that William Trollson already has a flower store (and he'll probably sell snapdragons too sooner or later), but hey, they're still useful for the family. Of course, nothing forbids me from doing a second flower store, but I try to have variety where I can. As for MV, you can do it! *\o/*

I do it the easy way too, mostly. Once Daniel P. has enough of a stock, I think I'll add one custom painting at a time for sale, to hopefully not have them sold out immediately.

Yeah, that's a lot of first dates. I usually do that LTW by inviting the matchmaker over and starting and ending blind dates one after another. Now since the matchmaker is a service and won't be unlocked until population 500, Daniel F. has to work on his relationships to be able to ask all those sims out. And just to be different, I'm seeing the dates through. They've mostly been platonic, as I fullfill the friendly wants and then mostly leave them on free will. It's resulted in some romances here and there, but fortunately Daniel P. hasn't been upset at least so far.

I suppose he does! Well, all the better for me. :)
simsterlyrock:

Thanks! :)
Spoiler:
Yeah, almost halfway through. And Daniel F. is an elder now. :P I'm holding my horses, it's still quite a few dates before we're done - and actually, since this challenge forbids anti-aging measures, it's a real question whether Daniel F. has enough time to complete them all!

Dora is a cute kid, I like her a lot too. Currently I'm leaning towards making her the heir of the challenge, but I'm not decided yet.

Thanks! :) Feel free to use the idea, I know I snag business (and other) ideas from others' challenges whenever I can. ;)
Thanks to both of you for reading and commenting! :pizza: :lemonade:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [5th October, 2018]

Post by katrisims »

And here we go again (finally)! Week 4, Part 5 is here, it's time for the Broke family TPC. I hope you enjoy the update! :pizza:
Avenie

Post Counts

Post by Avenie »

I binge read your BaCC last night, and it was fantastic! I love your Maxis premades idea, I really love your design skills, and the different challenges keep things interesting. I think the Broke household is my favourite at the moment. Can't wait for the next update!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Avenie, and welcome aboard! :wave: Thank you, I'm really glad you're enjoying the challenge so far. :blush: The "premades as townies" idea was totally stolen from a legacy by ndainye (on LiveJournal, been inactive for a longish time now), it seemed like so much fun. To be honest I'm not much of a builder, but it's been a fun challenge making different businesses for the BaCC. :) I think the Brokes are a bit of a favorite for me too, the TPC does make an interesting challenge!

Thank you for reading and commenting! :cookie:

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”