Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 40599

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2760

Post by Twilightoutside »

@lorinsV:
Spoiler:
Thank you! Glad you liked it. Taking over Club V was a combination of Zarathustras Sanguine Towers lot coming out and I just wanted it for my downtown, and to make use of it, it became a hotel, so I need a free spot for community lots etc.... and since Club V was a starting point for many of my Sims dating, I needed it fully staffed... we'll see, how I continue from here...
First Update this year, Weeeh: Household E-2
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2836

Post by Lorinsv »

Read both updates! The businesses and the different districts look so distinct and sooooo good! I love the view down the street on Slide 91 of E-2, Fall 2, the mist on the hills.

I lol'd at the slob makeovers. Also yoinking your scrap sales business.

Great job on everything! Glad you were able to fix the real estate lot issue :toast:
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -2836

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Finally caught up. And EAXIS did make a Stonehenge you can visit...in Sims 3. Spawn site of rare fireflies and seeds. Hehe. Good thing you don't have the larger households hack, I have it in my Sims 2 game and it allows up to 50 per house. That would totally be abused by those Family sims. Anyway, finally got the downtown and the pop boost? Good show. *golf clap* Now I need to find something else to read until I get tired enough to sleep.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -3038

Late answer but:

@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Thanks - it's a big compliment for me, that you didn't fall asleep during my story :mrgreen: and yes, there is of course a stonehenge in Sims 3, so apparently I wasn't the only one bothered by the fact... :mrgreen:
@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Thank you too - it's all a work in progress, and I'm surprised, that random collections of stuff seem to fit together after a while... the mist on the hills - huh, didn't even notice till you pointed it out... :O
And now - Update! This one took a long time, but I had so much fun playing... you'll soon see who is responsible for that... :plumbob:
Instant City BaMC: Household E-4, Fall 2
Instant City BaMC: Household F-1, Fall 2
Instant City BaMC: Household F-2, Fall 2, part 1
Instant City BaMC: Household F-2, Fall 2, part 2
Instant City BaMC: Household F-3, Fall 2
Instant City BaMC: Household F-3, Fall 2 ~ Bonus Round: I.C.U. ~

:sleepy: soo exhausted now.... - Happy Simming!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -3038

Post by Lorinsv »

Just read E4 Fall 2. Riverfront looks superb, and so do the Pier and Love Beach lots! Almost eerily real. Wonderful scenery everywhere :hearts:
Spoiler:
A pregnant Plantwitchpire isn't something you see everyday, tough gig balancing the sunlight conundrum...
Great update as usual! I'll be back with more commentz as I read the other updates :plumbob2:

Read the rest! Your fun playing Vada shined through, and I enjoyed reading about her.
Spoiler:
Omigosh, all that juice drinking, makes my tummy hurt, but wow!
Ahh, so Steph(ani[e]) is really Steffi in your game. I like that (and easier to remember the spelling :tongue:), I'm gonna refer to her as Steffi when I play her in MV. Thanks for the kick in the pants in that regard, btw.
Your remake of my municipal lot is different, but really good. Loved the family visit to the Eiffel private school.
Prof Disc playing with the kids in Instant City was cute too!
So Vada bought herself her own University *thumbs up* What a fun surprise, Amalgam's Sims showing up - I'm amazed how often the game throws us little unexpected joys like that! :hearts:
I enjoyed the introspection into your playing/strategy/writing, etc - you're very good at Sim dialogue. At this point in our lives and the Sims community, I figure we're really doing this all for ourselves and we all do it differently, which is a lot of the fun for me. Iz all good :)
Congrats on passing the 30000 mark!
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -3221

Update - at the speed of a :snail: !

Household F-4 (former F-2)
Household G-1, Part 1
Household G-1, Part 2
Household G-2, Part 1
Household G-2, Part 2
Household G-2 ~ Bonus Round~- I.C.U. continues

@lorin:
Spoiler:
Thanks for still sticking with me! You're right, at this point we're doing basically to for ourselves ^^
This time, Vada's little brother Charlie takes the spotlight... in hindsight, this might be a bit unfair for his younger sister Jill, who didn't get any real runtime... some day, some day...
Only 18.000 to go, then... I'll reach 10% of my goal... :dizzy: :faint: :rip:

Okay, looking at my current downtown makes this worth it... :awesome:
Spoiler:
Happy Simming anyway! :woot:
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -3262

Hello - long time no see....

8 months ago, my mom died after losing to cancer :rip: - and our relationship was never easy... yet I still miss her... :cryingeyes:

So this Update is me coping with the loss. Don't expect anything breathtaking. :guilty:

- perhaps another time... Thank you for reading anyway. :hug:

Happy Easter /Happy Holidays /Good Health to all!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -3262

Post by Lorinsv »

Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm not as diligent about reading as much as I should, but you write for/to me too! :hearts:

I read F-4 and G-1, Pt 1 a couple of weeks ago. The Charlie's Angels miniplot was so cute! I used to watch that show as a teenager, it was nice revisiting a fun little snippet of life :thup:

I skipped G-1, Pt 2 and G-2 to read your G-3 mini-tribute. You did and are doing so good! :hug:

I always get a kick out of your turn on/turn off interpretations, and the Bluewinter Range lots look great! The hot air balloon is cool, I didn't realize it was a functioning object (Servo barfing, lol). I rode in a hot air balloon once.

Nice pic of Mom at the end :hug:

Will leave another comment after I finish the in-between updates!

:heart:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -3335

@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Thank you for your support as always!
Update Household G-4!

This one is a filler chapter - the focus is actually on Riverfront Downtown:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Happy Simming!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge -3409

*Bump*

Okay, this episode is really bad :headache: - I file it under 'filler' for now, till we get to the better stuff....

Happy Simming anyway!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

:heavybreathing: Whew! All caught up, including the in-between G chapters from above :party:

:eek:
Spoiler:
I forgot Steffi grew up with Charlie! No worries, I wouldn't wait on me either :splat: D'OH and now I feel worse, I forgot you kept her under wraps :sly: in a mummy costume. Sorry, Steph!
I didn't know about the perma-sunburn glitch until Charlie :ouch
Lol, I think it was Tiffany's turn ons (fat + glasses)/off (black hair) = Star Trek fans not playing a Vulcan = brilliant! :haha:
I think wannabees are funny :whome:
Lol, all those wrong answers to the Ninja!
Ooh, nice little plot on how Charlie came to buy Vada a downtown, even if he didn't go about it perfectly and pissed her off in the process. His heart was in the right place. Plus, it looks great, of course!
G-4 Fall: the Downtown Tour Episode :hearts: Awww, bestest friend :hug:
Y'know, if I was able to wash my clothes for the first time since 2004, I'd love laundry too :party2:
What are those posts holding the snapdragons on Lenore and Dash's lot?
I forgot how good Blank Mesa looks. You sure go to a lot of trouble to do such cool things with your lots (*cough* space station *cough*)
Great lots, great hoods, great playing, great BaMC!
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Thank you!
No worries - I always wanted a mummy in my neighborhood! ;)
Yeah - this was a serious perma sunburn Charlie had - probably the longest time I ever waited for a Sim to get over the burn normal without cheats....
Yep - Star trek fans are usually more overweight than star wars fans - the latter at least go around swinging light sabers...
50 % chance... I never blew so many chances on the ninja as back then...
... yeah, the downtown plot was a little forced... but dangit, Rival fraternities/sororities - totally worth it!
I love my little airport now - thanks for the great idea!! :hug:
Considering, that Sims 2 Sims have no washing machines and can wear the same stuff for an entire life stage... :gasp:
The posts are the single floor scifi columns from the pet expansion - you can place up to three snapdragons on the little shelves emanating from the columns, or other objects...
Thanks for the read!! :smooch:
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 361

*Bump*

Two new chapters:
Household H-2
Household H-3

Nonsensical - little bit of a writers block right now...

Nonetheless: Happy Simming!
Delonariel

Re: Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 40599

Post by Delonariel »

I was hearybroken to see the links aren't working anymore! This seems like such a wealth of valuable information to anyone attempting a BACC. Very impressive stuff

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”