Instant City - a BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - 40599

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis) Challenge - 5000

Post by Lorinsv »

:jawdrop:
Spoiler:
HOLY :censored: I totally misread the rules on Apartments and thought each apartment building counted as only one household :splat: So, instead of counting my four green energy farms as only four households, I should count them as sixteen. Twelve additional households earns me three additional NPC lots, which earns me another SM point!! :smooch: WOOOO, MESA VISTA, MEET 5%!!!

Mosh Spicy is great, the train station/prison/retooled ambers_journey's little business lots are great, the dialog stemming from the conniving Servos' speech bubbles is great, and setting my ass straight about the apartment buildings is REALLY great!! :celebration:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Yeah, Foreign Language, Difficult Language... :chat:
@Lorinsv:
Spoiler:
The architecture and the apartment rules can be confusing true - congrats on the 5 %! :applause:
Update Household B - New Business District added.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Lol,
that's enough characterization
Spoiler:
Space Shuttle! Space Shuttle! Very cool! I'm starting to like the look of desert hoods more and more. Now the name Blank Mesa makes sense ;)
Wow, so many Business Tycoons in the making!
I like the kind of modern simplicity of Household B's apartment building.
Nice population jump too, good going! :thup:
So fun watching your strategy play out, and still great pictures!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I read the summary, and I am so very impressed with this! It blew my mind!

Sooooo many servos!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis) Challenge - 6000

@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Glad you enjoy it - I settled on Business Districts for now, because in the long run, it will be less trouble for the computer, as all the districts can at least contain Community business that count towards the population, while Unis... also, no Uni material available so far...
@MichelleCYoung
Spoiler:
Thanks! I'm updating the summary currently - might take some time before it's up to date again.
Household C Update.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Magic Town/District, awesome. It was one I never got the chance to try out I never had Makin Magic back when Sims 1 was out. Also there is a mod that prevents alignment changes when using Neutral spells like Magus Mutato, I have it. I use Magivestum all the time and that's a neutral spell that would chance alignments. Anywho, nice update.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

*Ahem* Guess I'm just weird that way, but I found the Evil/Fun Side hilarious! :upsidedown:
Spoiler:
All those witch conversions(? ugh, I can't think of the exact term) and 5000-point aspiration hits were a hoot - the repetition just made it funnier for me (like the Plantsims at your cemetery).

And geez, FINALLY Serva C-3 has the decency to start some fires in her bakery. About time! :rotfl:

Can't wait to see what else you do with Magic District. How does it show up in the middle of a bunch of concrete like that - did you decorate it yourself using the original as inspiration? And how does a hotel lot work in a regular hood, or is it a vacation hood? *is confoozed* A desert campground centered around a hot springs is something I'm very interested in trying for Mesa Vista, as there are some places in remote areas of Nevada like that. I actually spent the night at one in the middle of winter ages ago...

Really enjoyed reading this, and thanks as always for the good laugh! :heart:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
I actually did not foresee Serva D-3 to turn into a neutral witch from casting the neutral spell - it's been a while since using it, so I totally forgot that it works that way... :duh: - not that I couldn't simply turn her back by parking her at the magic podium, but making look Link like the moron made up for it... :mrgreen:
Voleste's Magic Town is a wonderful recreation of the Sims 1 Town! That's why I just had to have it as part of Instant City :tongue: Mine now! :neener: :splat:
@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Yes - finally, fire... :heavybreathing:

- the interesting thing about terrain and lots is that, if you place a lot in a temperate hood and then change the terrain type, the lot will - usually - continue to stand in the temperate hood in lot view, as long as you don't move it. I say Usually, because sometimes it does change... :faint: for now, the the hotel stands in green - I'll put up a pic later...

Again, a Hotel in a non-vacation hood works like this: you can travel there like to any other Community lot, but can't use anything until you've booked a room there... then you can stay and sleep there, but can't save and leave the lot like in the vacation hood, and your hotel bill will pile up for any night you spend there until you leave... also, no skilling allowed, like any community lot... again, it's like a campground community lot but with paying...

- also, a campground lot sounds like a good idea for a High Desert! :hearts:

Household D Update! Happy Easter! :hugs:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis) Challenge - 7000

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Nice name for the new BD, I actually know what it means. Yay for a Canadian dual language education. School of Eiffel, hehe. Sorry if my comment is a bit disjointed, boyfriend is playing his new Bloodborne game on his PS4 and it's loud. So more houses and still no actual Uni to use, heh. Nice update though.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

*munch crunch*
Spoiler:
Reading your stuff goes great with Doritos! :splat:

So, will each Business District have a theme related to each household? That's really cool! So good to see L'ID'E again! I like the grainy photo effect you used on it too. Or rather L'ED'E. Lol, I love how you're avoiding Unis like the plague!

I LOVE your subplots, I could listen to your logic, explanations, hypothesizing, observations, rambling, whatever all day long.

Make Sense spell :rotfl:

I'm a little confused on the Business District (brain is fried from writing and too lazy to go back and reread the previous chapter). Did you earn it before or after placing the new student hotel at L'École? (I get that the new households earned that)

I'm sorry you didn't get all the permissions in order for you to feel comfortable uploading L'ID'E. I know how much work you put into it, but I also am one of those who errs on the side of caution and probably to a fault in order to avoid the dreaded "getting into trouble." Doesn't take away your awesome efforts though :drinks: though a little extra recognition is always nice...
Loved your update as usual :hug:
Happy Easter!
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
The French wording is basically just because it's Neberque'223's 'Eiffel Uni' series I used... and the 'Eiffel tower' is too much a symbol of France to avoid trying to get my rudimentary French language skills to use... and again, so far no need for an Uni, as I don't have anyone I could sent there - again, trying to keep townies and NPC's out for now, do it the hard way... :pan:

I don't have Bloodborne, I don't have Dark Souls - I never would, I imagine to die at the start in a fight against a crippled blind beggar with a pointed stick... :ghost: - but I sure do love all the creativity and enthusiasm to deciper the lore of these game when I watch commentaries and explanations about it on Youtube.
@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
The 'Sense-making' continues with the BD's as well...though first and foremost I need them for SM Points.. as for earning them - I had 90+ Businesses at the beginning of summer, and then the A household, who got a Business Tycoon in Spring that unlocked adding Numa Key, got 5 more business tycoons, so 5 more Business Districts it is this rotation.

Thanks for the Upkeep :highfive:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, this is so good! I enjoyed the summary, of course, but for the real humor, it's hidden away in the chapters, which I started reading at Household C,
Spoiler:
and Link's attempts to make an army of evil witch robots.

ROFL!

And I love the "Make Sense" spell. Ah, if only!
Now I need to go back and read all the previous chapters, but I REALLY need to do my taxes, so that will have to wait. Sigh.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis) Challenge ~ 8500

@MichelleCYoung:
Spoiler:
Benjamin Franklin wrote:[...] in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.
:yuck:

Glad you like it - years ago, I tried to think of a story, then arrange pictures to fit the story... now I take pictures and make up a story on the fly... saves time... :shhh:
- Okay, this one took long, game got corrupted, backup, play again etc.... but eventually I pulled through to present you:

Household E Update.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

What was causing the issues?
Spoiler:
So close to all those mementos...I guess I sent you some luck with my treasure chest hunts in Maladoreias then. Hehe. Anyway, was wondering what happened to you guess that answers the question huh? Nice update though, *is melting here* Summer officially wants to begin today got sweat stinging my eyes and a light headed feeling so yeah time for some chillaxing.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
I just read the first chapter and color me impressed. I'm not sure I could build a city that fast. Professor Disc is hilarious character. It's awesome how even building the city at speed 3 you still gave him so much personality. I'll definitely be catching up on the rest to the story.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yahoo, an Instant City update on my birfday! :party2:
Spoiler:
I AM SO FREAKING JEALOUS :timebomb: !! :crowded: <- Me being crushed by inside joke
Next time I'm taking Diane Shin to your Twikkii Island, buddy! :splat: (and now I really wanna play her again! :hissyfit: )
But seriously, I got a kick out of your many many many many :timebomb: Hang Loose pictures . Do you think locals are more likely to do the gestures around Sims who already know them?

And all these years I saw the little suitcase in memories and never thought to click on it, D'OH!

Haha, Servos doing yoga look like miniature (mechanical, not avian) cranes!
You will be befriended, resistance is futile!
:rotfl:
The deep-tissue massage on a Servo looks really painful for the masseuse, lol *rubs crushed knuckles*

On a technical note, Slide 56 (frowny-face one) reads "Servos can sleep in tents."
Once again, you are inspiring and hilarious! :hug:
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge OVER 90

@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Hit the nail on the head with the treasure chests... :sly:

My game crashed, and suddenly, several of Numa key's Business got somehow corrupted - the household were still considered owners, the level was the same, but info over the numbers of customers was lost, as was the business tab when entering the lot, combined with NPC's spawning... in the end, selling and rebuying the lots, then changing the business level via SimPE back was the only way to get rid of it...
@pony:
Spoiler:
Quite frankly, Professor Disc is probably the only Sim in Instant City with any personality, save for Yvonne Engler the infallible good witch...
@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
changed the mistake in slide 56... also happy belated birfday.. :party: :woot: .... or does that bring bad luck? I keep on forgetting... :faint:
Household F-1 Update!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Instant City - BaMC(Build-a-Metropolis)Challenge - OVER

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Never got those Dragon Ball Z over 9000 things, never liked the anime. Also bed and barbeque? Never heard of it, we call them bed and breakfast inns here. They're very popular in Niagara Falls. Also interesting Bigfoot names, I haven't played them that much to see what my game would spawn since I have a name generator that seems to pick names that fit with the theme of my hood, like in Hidden City, I got a lot of Greek mythological names that spawned. Or maybe it's just coincidence... :shifty: Anywho, nice to see a new chappie out. :thup:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

:heart:
Spoiler:
Vielen Dank for all the adorable pet pictures! (Cryyyystalllll! :hearts: :hug:)

Love Serva F-2's conversation with Michael Bigfoot (the shoes :rotfl:)! Your ability to weave gameplay elements into clever and funny conversations is a prime example of why I LOVE READING YOUR STORIES!!
- I second that! -
:rotfl:

I also love how you gave purpose to adding the new Bigfeet, and Magic Town looks so perfect for them!

Jep, B & B stands for Bed & Breakfast :hug:

Hmm, do sunflowers need weeding or trimming? I don't use them all that often because I don't always like how they look in my landscaping, but I should get over it, because they look great everywhere else I see them! These Magic Town lots are gorgeous! And Coral Lagoon is another lovely addition to your BaMC. One of my favorite things about Instant City is seeing how big and beautiful the Sims 2 world can look. Such a lovely feast for my eyes, and always gets me so inspired and jazzed for MV! :bounce:
... the inofficial greeting of Instant City
:celebration: :timebomb:

HOLY COW, 100 COMMUNITY LOTS!!1111!!!11! :plumbob2: :plumbob2: :plumbob2:
Uninspired, my ass!
:applause: THANK YOU, it was a joy as always! :D
Image Image
ISTJ
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

@Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: - I simply googled B&B and took the first thing I read - which said Barbecue and Breakfast, never bothered with the most obivous Bed and Breakfast... :ouch oh well, live and learn...

- I never watched the Anime either, but I read the Mangas by Akira Toriyama... and I was so fed up with them at the end as well, especially after they introduced this ridiculous strength measuring system... :censored: - that's why I had to include it - makes sense? :faint:

I looked around a bit after the name Ti-Ning came up and actually found a Sim by the same name - he also doesn't 'match' (not that he can't have that name, names aren't supposed to be owned by one ethincal or geographical group, but still... :dizzy: ) the name at all... http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ti-Ning_Hanby

Glad you liked it! :hug:
@lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Sunflowers need trimming too - they develop a lot of leaves and have less flowers than.

Voleste did a great job recreating the lots in Sims 2 - it also gave me a chance to not invest so much time coming up with my own...

Actually, we had already 106 Community Lots at the the end of F-1 :ugeek:

thx for the praise - you made my day :party2:
Updated a brief history of Instant City!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”