The Literal Booker Legacy - Completed *03.12.2020*

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Literal Booker Legacy - Gen 5.1 Update! *05.12.19*

Post by graymondaysleep »

108sims wrote:Congratulations on making it to the halfway point!

Gen 5 update
Spoiler:
Good luck with getting rid of black hair! I downloaded a mod that makes all hair colors dominate for when I play sims 2, and I kind of feel like I'm cheating.

Are you really going to attempt Baldwin's LTW? I think you're going to be the first one I've seen to do that!

The puppies are so tiny and cute. :heart:

What a nice wedding, and the guests actually watched too!

I maybe kind of agree with Baldwin. I like puppies a lot better, in real life though. In sims both puppies and babies are cute. :D

Yes have some aliens! Aliens are the best!

Can't wait to see the future baby!

Off topic I guess, but I really enjoy your legacy, and it reminds me a lot of the sims 2 legacies I enjoyed ages ago. I don't really know how to describe it, but I'm just happy to read a legacy like your legacy. That probably doesn't make any sense.
Thank you! I can't wait to complete this legacy - I've never completed one before!
Spoiler:
You know what? I downloaded the same mod and you can see how helpful it is!!!!! For my spares, it's working great. Maybe my lot is glitched? We'll have to see with baby number two, I guess... ;; I really just want a different coloured hair sim!!

Hell yeah I am! It seems relatively easy, but I also really just like breeding pets together. As you can see in my spares update, I've been breeding the dogs from both Hardy and Atwood's families lmfao!

TBH, I'm the same, I am a dog person through-and-through. I'm not kidding, but Baldwin was really disinterested when Dickens was born... Like, I've never known a family sim to just straight up ignore their baby but... hey, maybe he's more of a pet-family than sim-family? That's the fun of this game, it throws you curveballs when you least expect it!

I am honestly trying but no one's getting abducted and I have a bit of an issue where when a sim does get abducted, their baby has the same face and genetics as the parent who gives birth to them... Maybe it's fixed cus I downloaded poppet-sims multi-PT hack to see if it stops the cloning issue :D Who knows, maybe there are alien babies in the near future?

Oh my God, thank you so so much! That actually means a lot to me because that's the kind of legacy I want to write. I was really inspired by a lot of the old school legacies that were on the exchange back in the olden days (LOL) and I guess I just never let go of that nostalgia. Thank you so much for your lovely words, they've made my entire week <33333
108sims wrote:Spare Update
Spoiler:
All your spares keep getting kiddos with a different hair color. Maybe it'll make it's way into the main legacy line.

Ellis: “And this is where my boys were conceived out of wedlock.” :rofl:

I thought Claire Tellerman looked familiar. That's the problem with townies, dating multiple generations of your family since they never age.

I can't believe Wynne's old now. :(
Spoiler:
I know! They're laughing at me. I'm so hoping, I've inserted 4 different blonde sims into the game and nONE of them have handed their genetics over! MAybe I need to add a different colour?

Hahahahaha! Ellis is always inappropriate, I love him.

Yeah, that's kind of an issue, I probably should have aged her up with Atwood back in generation 2 and then maybe someone else would have spawned in her place... Oh well, I'll marry her off to one of the Spare's kids pfft.

I know! I genuinely got sad when I got the notification and bought the cake. I had to take a moment before I completed the action. At least she's going into elderhood with a husband who loves her to pieces so she's not alone :)
Thank you so much for reading, Allison!! <3
Currently Playing:
Completed:
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Literal Booker Legacy - Gen 5.2 Update! *10.12.19*

New chapter is up!! :DDD
Currently Playing:
Completed:
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Your legacy is definitely capturing that nostalgia for me. :) It's weird to think those really were the "old days!"

A pet family is pretty awesome too. If that's a type of family sim, I'd be that type too.

I love the puppys' colors!

That's the life honestly no job, and getting to stay home with your puppies (and kid I guess too)

Aw I was really hoping you'd get a baby with a different hair color. You're really having bad luck this generation with genetics.

I would not be scared of colorful corgis. I'd love them. I always think it's funny though that the mailmen are scared of dogs.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Your legacy is definitely capturing that nostalgia for me. :) It's weird to think those really were the "old days!"

A pet family is pretty awesome too. If that's a type of family sim, I'd be that type too.

I love the puppys' colors!

That's the life honestly no job, and getting to stay home with your puppies (and kid I guess too)

Aw I was really hoping you'd get a baby with a different hair color. You're really having bad luck this generation with genetics.

I would not be scared of colorful corgis. I'd love them. I always think it's funny though that the mailmen are scared of dogs.
Spoiler:
Ah that makes me feel good! I still remember a few of the old legacies I used to read but I either never finished them or they were abandoned...

SAME! I always makes my simself a Pleasure sim because I like video games and just watching TV and buying clothes but if I could choose the type of Family sim, I'd be a pet family sim for sure. I'm thinking of adopting a cat when I move over to South Korea, not right away but after I settle down because I love animals a lot.

I really love the "goofy" colouring too, it definitely adds some quirkyness to the dogs.

Man, just don't even start with me, I am getting so downtrodden by the lack of genetic variation. I keep saying it over and over again but I genuinely get all the kids mixed up because there's no variation to them. However, I have recently played a sim full of aliens using the PT hack I downloaded from Poppet-sims and I am pleased to announce that it works and so generation 6 will definitely be seeing some alien babies!

Mailman: "THEY'RE WALKING LOLLIPOPS!"
I've never seen it over in the UK, but my dogs are all bark and no bite so if someone's at the door they'll sit and bark and the postmen always greet them if they poke their nose out. It's kind of funny to watch the mailmen run around the lot and the corgis chasing after them. I think it's just cus they're corgis though. Have you seen the corgi racing video, it's just so good, that's what watching the mailman run around reminds me of.
Thank you for reading, Allison! :D
Currently Playing:
Completed:
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

I binge read over the last week. I love the Bookers! :heart:
Excited to see the boys develop their personalities in teenagedom.
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

apocalypticautumn wrote:I binge read over the last week. I love the Bookers! :heart:
Excited to see the boys develop their personalities in teenagedom.
Wow thank you so much!! I love them too, even if they are cursed with consistent black hair.

!! You'll see it very soon, I'm updating tomorrow! :D
Currently Playing:
Completed:
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Literal Booker Legacy - Gen 5.3 Update! *19.12.19*

I apologise for not updating on Tuesday like I usually do. The 17th/18th of December is a hard time for me as a Kim Jonghyun fan.

Anyway, two exciting things:

The new chapter is up!
AND
You can now VOTE!!

You have 10 days so go, go, go!!!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Woo a new chapter and a poll!
Spoiler:
My simself is typically a Pleasure sim too. Usually with a Fortune or Knowledge secondary (I like money, and I like weird supernatural stuff), but yeah an animal family is my type of family. Cats are awesome! I have two. I hope you get one! Hooray for alien babies in Generation 6. :alien: I had to look up the Corgi racing video after you mentioned it.

I hate when they overheat from jumping on the bed. I did have child almost get taken away for that, but I did some major cheating to avoid it.

Aw poor Heath. :(

Serdar needs even more fancy clothes to be anywhere close to Elton John's level. :lol:

I love Dickens staring at the boyband poster.

Those are great puppy names!

Now Generation 4 is all gone. It's always so sad when sims die.

It's so weird to have a straight sim named after Oscar Wilde. I would've randomized again.

Real Arthur is super cute!

That's some intense MySims playing. That game is so chill, and cute. It's always funny when the sims' actions do not match the game they're playing at all.

I can't believe Generation 5 is old and over already!
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Hey, I just read the Prologue and I love it so far and the designs of your Sims! I also love your famous author theme as well, it's a neat idea for a legacy!
Spoiler:
Yvonne is so pretty, she is great! Your commentary is so funny and I love the author-to-character speech as well, some of it cracks me up, haha! Especially the 'manipulation and lies...you'll get us censored!' XD Also Yvonne and Andrea are too cute together. I'll try and read some more of this at some point, great job so far.
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

108sims wrote:Woo a new chapter and a poll!
Spoiler:
My simself is typically a Pleasure sim too. Usually with a Fortune or Knowledge secondary (I like money, and I like weird supernatural stuff), but yeah an animal family is my type of family. Cats are awesome! I have two. I hope you get one! Hooray for alien babies in Generation 6. :alien: I had to look up the Corgi racing video after you mentioned it.

I hate when they overheat from jumping on the bed. I did have child almost get taken away for that, but I did some major cheating to avoid it.

Aw poor Heath. :(

Serdar needs even more fancy clothes to be anywhere close to Elton John's level. :lol:

I love Dickens staring at the boyband poster.

Those are great puppy names!

Now Generation 4 is all gone. It's always so sad when sims die.

It's so weird to have a straight sim named after Oscar Wilde. I would've randomized again.

Real Arthur is super cute!

That's some intense MySims playing. That game is so chill, and cute. It's always funny when the sims' actions do not match the game they're playing at all.

I can't believe Generation 5 is old and over already!
Spoiler:
Is the corgi racing video not the best thing ever? Maybe it's why I was obsessed with giving my sims corgis the moment i downloaded the breed LOL

I know. It's a real pain cus they always do it and you don't know until you get the little notification. ugh. little brats.

Don't let Serdar know that, he'll try and get some fancy clothes, no doubt. He'll keep rolling wants to buy new clothes.

Honestly, the moment he stared at it after changing his clothes I was like. THAT'S ACTUALLY PERFECT OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU DICKENS. pfft

Thank you! I'm trying to be as kooky as possible with the names lmfao

Losing Bronte and then Shelley was difficult. They were my favourite heiresses.

I mean, I would have done but I'm trying to let the game decide where to take me. I'm sorry Oscar Wilde but it's the importance of being earnest in this game.

Thank you! He's my baby!

They're yelling at each other as they play TS3 or Bustin' Out like.... Mood.

I know. Baldwin and Serdar is best couple. OTP.
Thank you for reading and commenting Allison <3
LuckyDuck wrote:Hey, I just read the Prologue and I love it so far and the designs of your Sims! I also love your famous author theme as well, it's a neat idea for a legacy!
Spoiler:
Yvonne is so pretty, she is great! Your commentary is so funny and I love the author-to-character speech as well, some of it cracks me up, haha! Especially the 'manipulation and lies...you'll get us censored!' XD Also Yvonne and Andrea are too cute together. I'll try and read some more of this at some point, great job so far.
HELLO! Thank you so much for checking out my legacy, I really appreciate it :)

Aw, thank you! Yvonne is my baby. I love her so much.

Thank you, I might as well but this literature degree to some use right? *sweatdrop*
Spoiler:
Ahahaha thank you! My sims say a lot of things that could get me into trouble as you'll see if you progress through later chapters lmfao!

Andrea and Yvonne were such a good couple for being a founding couple. I loved them both so dearly. They produced two beautiful daughters so I could never fault them really.

Thank you! And if you do, I'd love to hear what you think when you've finished catching up <3
Currently Playing:
Completed:
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

The first Booker I can help vote in! Muhaha the poooower.
I've never tried the 20 puppy LTW, seems exhausting but you're doing a great job!
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

apocalypticautumn wrote:The first Booker I can help vote in! Muhaha the poooower.
I've never tried the 20 puppy LTW, seems exhausting but you're doing a great job!
The power is in your hands!!! *rubs hands together*

Honestly, I've never tried it either but because I downloaded a whole bunch of cute dog breeds from MTS I decided that I would use my fave breed, the corgis, to overload the neighbourhood with corgis for generations!
I''ll be like Oprah - You get a corgi, you get a corgi, EVERYONE GETS A CORGI!!!!

Thank you so much! Only 8 more left to go!!
Thanks for reading and voting <3
Currently Playing:
Completed:
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Literal Booker Legacy - Gen 5.4 Update! *08.02.20*

Hi all! I have returned!

I've been popping in on the website once in a while trying to get the energy to get back into the sims (you know that meme that says "I only play the sims by playing it constantly for a month before ignoring it for half a year" or something like that? That's been my life since christmas time). Anyway, here's a college update about our two identical not-twins, Dickens and Wilde!

Also, thank you so much to those who have nominated this legacy for the Golden Boolprop's 2020 Best Legacy Challenge. It means so much just to be nominated so thank you! :smooch: :smooch: :smooch: :smooch:
Currently Playing:
Completed:
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

It's nice to see you again, and congratulations on your nomination! I'm also glad things are gong better for you. :hug:
Spoiler:
I can't remember who I voted for. I think Baldwin, maybe. I still like Dickens though.

Yes keep the fish alive!

I kind of wish Dickens would have won the heir poll now. He has an amusing personality!

Wow what a face for first kiss! He better be nice to Dickens.

Nooo not the fish!

Wilde is so pouty :lol:

Well if Wilde doesn't meet a girl, there's always the aliens. :shrug:
[align=center]Image
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

108sims wrote:It's nice to see you again, and congratulations on your nomination! I'm also glad things are gong better for you. :hug:
Spoiler:
I can't remember who I voted for. I think Baldwin, maybe. I still like Dickens though.

Yes keep the fish alive!

I kind of wish Dickens would have won the heir poll now. He has an amusing personality!

Wow what a face for first kiss! He better be nice to Dickens.

Nooo not the fish!

Wilde is so pouty :lol:

Well if Wilde doesn't meet a girl, there's always the aliens. :shrug:
Hello Allison! I have missed reading your thoughts on my legacy aha!
Thank you so much, congrats on yours too! <3
And thank you, I hope you're well too!
Spoiler:
Do you mean you voted for Wilde? Wilde had about 5 votes and Dickens had one. Dickens is amusing I will give him that.

I think I should have left the heir poll till college seeing as the kids personalities always shine through when they're away from their parents and the craziness of the main house. Oh well, my lesson has been learnt now though so next heir poll will be back to college time.

Mitch is awesome, don't worry hehe he's head over heels for Dickens.

Don't worry, even if Wilde meets a girl, there will always be aliens ehehehehehe
Thank you for reading! <3
Currently Playing:
Completed:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

I checked my Sim Lit tracker in my notebook and realised just how behind I am with this challenge. X_X Just read Gen 1 Chapter 1, up to Gen 1 Chapter 3.
Spoiler:
Really love the new hair you've given to Andrea! Yvonne's shock over childbirth is just...I can't imagine how scary it must be honestly. You can do it Yvonne! Wynne is such a cutie. I laughed when Andrea was telling herself to breathe instead of Yvonne. XD Austen is adorable! All the kids growing up look so cool. Wynne's face at 'where do babies come from?' is so funny. Just "Storks! Yes...Storks...PAINFUL storks..."
When I get the time to read this in one go I'd love to, but so far loving the characters and the humour!
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

LuckyDuck wrote:I checked my Sim Lit tracker in my notebook and realised just how behind I am with this challenge. X_X Just read Gen 1 Chapter 1, up to Gen 1 Chapter 3.
Spoiler:
Really love the new hair you've given to Andrea! Yvonne's shock over childbirth is just...I can't imagine how scary it must be honestly. You can do it Yvonne! Wynne is such a cutie. I laughed when Andrea was telling herself to breathe instead of Yvonne. XD Austen is adorable! All the kids growing up look so cool. Wynne's face at 'where do babies come from?' is so funny. Just "Storks! Yes...Storks...PAINFUL storks..."
When I get the time to read this in one go I'd love to, but so far loving the characters and the humour!
Ah that's okay. Take as long as you need. Honestly, I'm having a hard time updating frequently atm so you might catch up just yet ;)
Spoiler:
Thank you! Andrea is so pretty, it was really hard not to dress her up and change her appearance all the time.

Honestly, both Wynne and Austen were so precious. I was seriously spoilt with the first generation of Bookers hehehe

Wynne's face was just perfect timing - It was a Kodak moment!!
No worries! I'm just glad you're enjoying it thus far!

Thank you for reading and leaving feedback <3
Currently Playing:
Completed:
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Literal Booker Legacy - Gen 5.5 Update! *13.02.20*

Another update and that is Generation 5 COMPLETE! Next update will be the start of Generation 6 so party time!

I also added the spares chapter early because I've noticed that the spares updates get a lot of views so I guess you like the antics the spares get up to hehe

I hope you all enjoy!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Literal Booker Legacy - Gen 5.5 Update! *13.02.20*

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
I like the book references. Yep I like seeing the spares too.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”