The Doe Paranormalcy [updated 12/16!]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
adamsims

The Doe Paranormalcy [updated 12/16!]

Post by adamsims »

Foolscombe: a small neighborhood a few hours away from Strangetown, just far enough for all that paranormal-tolerance to have worn off. The Doe family moves in with the hopes of bringing more paranormal Sims here as well, and making a safer town for everyone.
The Doe Paranormalcy is a (story-driven!) legacy in the style of the old, classic Sims 2 Exchange stories. Each heir must marry/have children with a different type of supernatural Sim. That's pretty much all there is to it, plus some obscenely pretty CC and a green SelfSim. Follow along on my LiveJournal (yes, really), here, or on tumblr!

Image Generation I: Mouse Doe

Chapter I: What Frustrating Life Forms You Be!
Chapter II: The Human Concept Known As Love
Chapter III: You Can't Stop Now, Let's Go!
Last edited by adamsims on December 16th, 2019, 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: The Doe Paranormalcy

Post by calientequeen »

haha this was great! good ol' sims 2 dormie glitches. (seriously, why do they continuously leave the lot as soon as you try engaging with them?!)
can't wait to read more!
adamsims

Post by adamsims »

Thanks so much for reading; I really appreciate it! New chapter up very soon...
theoddcatlady
Origin ID: NatureReigns

Post Counts

Post by theoddcatlady »

I really like Larry. IDK why. I just get him.

Great legacy tho, I'm excited to see where this will go! The writing style feels very classic sims 2 age, back when all the stories were uploaded to the exchange. Makes me a little nostalgic :3 Also your simself is ADORABLE. Mine just tips over trash cans and annoys everyone.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I love it, definitely has an old legacy feel, from the Golden Age of the sims 2 and the Exchange.
Spoiler:
Poor Mouse, he has to cope with a lot. Being a legacy founder is rough. Hopefully Larry warms up a bit. The kiddos are awesome, aliens are the best. I like Twinkle she just quietly trucks on in the background. The song slides on the end are cute :D

Selfsim and Simself are used interchangibly, so feel free to refer to your simself however you would like. :) Follow the link in my siggy for the Sims 2 Simself list, I'll add you if you feel like uploading yourself. There's more instruction on that thread. You might end up as a vict....:shifty: resident of Silver Bend.

Can't wait for more!
simnerdhere

Post by simnerdhere »

I just viewed Chapter 1 and it was great! I love the slide show idea. I may borrow that idea and do one of my own.
"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
adamsims

Post by adamsims »

Ah, the ol' computer troubles... my monitor (I play Sims 2 on a separate computer so that I can actually get it to run) busted out, and not in an exciting console spin-off game way. I promise the next chapter is coming! Just very, very slowly, as work and computer explosions attempt to thwart me. In the meantime, responses!
Spoiler:
theoddcatlady wrote:I really like Larry. IDK why. I just get him.

Great legacy tho, I'm excited to see where this will go! The writing style feels very classic sims 2 age, back when all the stories were uploaded to the exchange. Makes me a little nostalgic :3 Also your simself is ADORABLE. Mine just tips over trash cans and annoys everyone.
Thank you so much! I think Larry is a very divisive issue-- I mean, person. I'm working on giving him More Attributes, but none can say for sure what will happen. I'm glad you like the writing style; I was worried it would just come off as cliche or like I was trying too hard. I mean, the only Legacies I really read are the old ones, so I guess it's hard not to write that way, at this point... and thank you for liking my SimSelf! They're such a pain, but that's what I get for making them a vampire.
Pony wrote:I love it, definitely has an old legacy feel, from the Golden Age of the sims 2 and the Exchange.
Spoiler:
Poor Mouse, he has to cope with a lot. Being a legacy founder is rough. Hopefully Larry warms up a bit. The kiddos are awesome, aliens are the best. I like Twinkle she just quietly trucks on in the background. The song slides on the end are cute :D

Selfsim and Simself are used interchangibly, so feel free to refer to your simself however you would like. :) Follow the link in my siggy for the Sims 2 Simself list, I'll add you if you feel like uploading yourself. There's more instruction on that thread. You might end up as a vict....:shifty: resident of Silver Bend.

Can't wait for more!
Thank you! It's funny; I only ever read things on slideshare and backups of the Exchange... I'm glad this feels similar! Mouse and Larry are quite the couple; I'm trying to give them a chance. Twinkle is so... normal; I love how easy she and Nel are to play (so far.) Good kids.

Thank you for the reassurance on the song slides!! They take forever and I am always afraid they aren't worth it.
simnerdhere wrote:I just viewed Chapter 1 and it was great! I love the slide show idea. I may borrow that idea and do one of my own.
Thank you! I really love slideshow Legacies; they come most naturally to me and are really nice to read (honestly, I write a lot, so it's just that my scrolling finger gets tired easily...) I'd love to read if you do end up doing one!
Thank you everyone for the support... I'll work hard to bring you the best possible Doe content in the future!!
adamsims

UPDATE!

Post by adamsims »

I apologize for the long wait; I've got a new updating schedule (mostly internal) and I hope to continue to bring you all content for the next several years! I adore the Sims and nothing could keep me from it.

With that said, here's Chapter 3 of the Doe Paranormalcy! :hellokitty:
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Doe Paranormalcy [updated 12/16!]

Post by graymondaysleep »

I binge read all three chapters and I really love Mouse. I love the way he looks, he's so cute.

I also really like the theme of your legacy and I'm looking forward to seeing the upcoming generations and the supernaturals they'll marry!!

This is really good so far, I can't wait to read more from you!!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
adamsims

Post by adamsims »

Thank you so much for your response!!! I really appreciate it. I'm glad you like Mouse! I definitely want to continue and post more often. I have a lot planned out and I haven't even gotten to the second generation spouses yet...!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Hi, just wanted to say that I enjoy your story so far! I've always been a fan of classic sims 2 legacies so I'm glad people are still writing them. That being said, hope you update soon!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”