Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [COMPLETE Nov 29]

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 13 Jan 8]

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Your poor simself looks like she's about to fly off the steps to catch her carpool!

That's how you know they're trapped in an asylum, the best gossip they can come up with is about a wolf they saw walk by. :lol:

You'd think they'd try and avoid being outside at night because of the ghosts.

You mean you don't have a huge smile on your face when you "get" to clean up messes?

Gabriel should know better than to fight with a werewolf.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 13 Jan 8]

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
She was in a big hurry. Fortunately she's a sim and can't hurt herself by running down some stairs!

Yeah, there hasn't even been that much burned food to gossip about, so the wolf will have to do. :D

That's what I would do, but these are sims, so of course they gather outside just about every night. :P

:lol: Yeah, I really don't, I suppose I'm weird that way. :shrug:

He definitely should, but unfortunately for him, it doesn't look like he's about to get any smarter in that regard...
Thanks again for reading and commenting! :donut:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 14 Jan 14]

Post by katrisims »

Continuing on my catching up: Day 14 is now live! I hope you enjoy. :)
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
At least you don't have to worry about sims getting too embarrassed in Sims 2! That's the worst part of the one bathroom rule I think.

Playing catch in their underwear! At least it was night time, so no one walked by? :lol:

Gabriel really needs to leave Bernadette alone! She's going to fight back, but obviously he doesn't learn.

The fights can be kind of amusing, but it gets frustrating when it's between the same two sims.
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
Ooh yeah... No Death by Embarassment, thank goodness!

Playing catch (or doing anything else) in underwear has been I recurring theme since I took out Smart Beds. :lol: A lot of the inmates seem to prefer sleeping in underwear, and since I'm not telling them to, they often never change into their dayclothes. :P

Agreed. He's entitled to be angry, but for his own sake he should drop it. I don't think he's won a single fight in the whole time I've played, but he keeps starting them. Or well, it's hard to tell who really starts the fight, but I do think it's Gabriel most of the time.

Yeah. I'm relieved that the others are getting along still, but it's tiresome watching those two fighting over and over again. Unfortunately, there's a lot more of that to come...
Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 15 Feb 1]

Post by katrisims »

Another day caught up, Day 15 is up at my DW! I hope you enjoy!

Oh, and as I said on Tumblr: if my posting takes a while, I haven’t fallen off the planet. I’m just, ahem, slightly distracted by Sim City 3000 and maybe some other lovely games from my youth. My sister introduced me to GOG, oops. :blush:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
no promotion that dampers the spirit when you realise you need more friends. At least you weren't killed by the ghosts.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Bernadette and Gabriel just don't seem to quit! Someone's got to get over their grudge at some point.

You'd think they'd make something for themselves, but sims are silly. I suppose fighting makes you work up an appetite!

At least Felix and Gabriel seem to have made up.

That's too bad about the promotion.

You tried your best to keep Bernadette and Gabriel distracted!

Gabriel is just not good at picking partners. Poor guy.

I'm glad you survived the ghosts! :ghost:
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Peachy:
Spoiler:
Yeah this wasn't the greatest of days in the challenge. I'm just glad none of the inmates died of hunger and my simself didn't die from the hauntings!
108sims:
Spoiler:
Neither of those two are showing any signs of stopping. As they're in the enemy territory now, it'd probably be a lot of work to get them to good terms again even if they were controllable...

It's weird, as so far several sims have been cooking no problem, and the day my simself didn't have the time to make breakfast, no one does. Maybe they were too hungry for that or something... Or, well, just stupid. :P

Felix and Gabriel have seemed to be in good terms for a while. I don't know what made them make up really, but I'm not complaining. Gabriel fighting with Bernadette is quite enough!

Yeah, too bad really. But well, mistakes have to happen sometimes. Besides, I don't think there would have been enough time for the friendmaking anyway, if I had noticed the need.

I really tried, but it doesn't seem anything helps. There's a bonus for not using influence, so I've been avoiding it, but I have considered it, in the hopes of getting them to stop.

Yeah, not really smart of Gabriel. Poor guy is a Family sim, I suppose that's not doing him any great favors right now.

Me too, that was a lot of ghosts! :ghost:
Thank you both for reading and commenting! :lemonade:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 16 Mar 8]

Post by katrisims »

Ahem, where did February go? I've been kind of distracted, it's currently Don't Starve that has me hooked. Anyway, I did manage to write up Day 16 regardless, so here it is! I hope you enjoy, and I hope I get the next one done sooner.
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I love the call in fake sick option. It's so funny to watch how dramatic the sims are. :lol:

I wonder if you'll ever get them to stop fighting.

Your simself is eating good over there!

I love how they're just talking like there isn't a giant fight going on right in front of them. Everyone else seems bored by them from the looks of it.
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
It's always fun to watch the call in sick animation. I think I've seen pictures of a servo doing it, that was somehow even more funny. :lol:

I'd like to get them to stop, but at this point, I really don't think I'll be able to do it. They must be maxed out enemies by now, so I'd have to lock them in different rooms or something, and the rules don't allow that.

Yup, she's eating good! And she's definitely accurate there. :lol: I would have let her stay fat if it wasn't for the broken morph, that was a pain to look at.

I'd definitely be bored if I was locked in a house a couple someones who fight all the time. Well, more upset really. But it seems the household is really past caring, and I can't blame them.
Thanks for reading and commenting! :pie:
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 17 Apr 19]

Post by MommyIzz »

I love the idea of a haunted asylum!
Spoiler:
Katri had a productive day, even with all the fights! I laughed when the werewolf started raiding the trashcan. Lol. And poor brokenhearted Gabriel. You could try hanging out with the quarrelsome couple then leaving. They'll stay talking until their motives drop too much! Good luck! Lol
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
It seems your simself has gotten very used to the asylum! I love that the werewolves are basically alarm clocks :D

TV is one way to distract them from fighting. I’m sure it won’t last long thoug.

Poor Cecily might be Gabriel’s next fighting opponent.

You would think Gabriel would leave her alone since he never wins. You’d think it would bruise his ego!

You were right, Gabriel and Cecily did not last long!

Yeah you’d think Gabriel would’ve seen them flirting all the time as they seem to do. I wonder if he’ll take a break from fighting Bernadette to fight Cecily or Edward?
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

MommyIzz:

Hi and welcome aboard! :wave: It's a fun idea definitely, it was a Halloween challenge here at Boolprop this past autumn, but like everything does with me, it's taken forever. :lol:
Spoiler:
Yeah it was surprisingly productive, my simself mostly managed to stay out of the way. She runs from fights so it can be hard if she needs to be in the same room.

The trashcan looting tends to happen occasionally in this household. :D

Poor Gabriel. I have some sympathy for him, but he's being a bit of an idiot too. I've tried getting them to hang out, but without much success. I think at least Gabriel's needs are constantly pretty low these days, he spends too much time fighting and too little outside and showering... Well, I can try again always I guess. As long as nobody dies, fine. :P
108sims:
Spoiler:
Yeah by now, werewolves and zombies must be everyday stuff for her I figure. :D

I'm trying different ways to distract them, but nothing seems to work for long. If I had strawberries available when Gabriel and Bernadette first broke up that might have helped, but by now they're not just furious, they're sworn enemies.

Oh yeah, I saw trouble the minute Gabriel showed interest in Cecily. It's the same thing all over again, only this time Cecily was already involved with someone else. I do have some sympathy for Gabriel, he's a Family sim and apparently one should never be locked in a place like this, with ACR on top of it all. Family sims just don't deal with broken relationships well. But I'll admit I'm a bit exasperated with him, he's being a bit of an idiot too.

Well, I already know what's to come, I guess I'll just say the fighting isn't about to end, that's for sure. :P
Thank you both for reading and commenting! ^^
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Finally got through the first update and it was a lot of fun.

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 18 Jul 13]

Post by katrisims »

ciyrose wrote:Finally got through the first update and it was a lot of fun.
Hi, welcome aboard and I'm glad you enjoyed! :wave: Thanks for reading and commenting! :cookie:

And here we come with a new update: Day 18 is now out! I hope you enjoy. :)
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I'm sure your simself is over all the fighting that happens each night and glad she can sleep through it. :)

I'm surprised no one got sprayed by the skunk!

Wonder what exactly happened to Gabriel? Ah it's time for the flour sack baby! I feel bad, but I think the aspiration failure objects are a little funny.

Aaaand we're back to fighting. Gabriel went through a lot while you were at work!

They're sims! They love to do everything in the bathroom. :lol:

Wasn't Cecily involved with someone else? Maybe I'm not remembering right. Just as long as it doesn't cause anymore fighting, things should hopefully be fine.
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
Yeah, she's pretty tired of it. At least they don't fight in the dormitory, so she can get some sleep!

I suppose the fighting and stuff has the good side that no one had time to pay attention to the skunk? :D

I'm not sure what happened to Gabriel that caused him to lose all those aspiration points, either. It's been a while since I played the day, so it could be that I've forgotten, but there was no clue in my pictures, so I think I never saw what happened in the first place. I feel bad for him too, but I'll admit that aspiration failure is a bit funny too.

Yep, fighting isn't really even news anymore, not when it comes to Gabriel at least. He had an eventful day.

The bathroom is the most interesting room in the house. :D

Yeah, Cecily is also involved with Edward, who is also involved with David. So now Cecily, Edward and Felix all have two partners. It's making me a little dizzy. :dizzy: It seems only Gabriel so far is upset about sharing romantic interests, so unless anyone else gets involved with him, I think it will be fine. Maybe? :lol:
Thanks for reading and commenting! :lemonade:

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”