Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [COMPLETE Nov 29]

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 6 November

Post by katrisims »

108sims wrote:Your game does not like the Architect career!

Good thing no one was sprayed by the skunk. :lol:

I haven’t seen a pink ghost before. Which death is that?

I’m surprised Gabrielle managed to stay up without passing out! He must have gotten enough sunlight.

I’m really hoping you find a position in the Architect career soon!
Clearly not! Probably if I played another family right now, they'd probably have Architecture jobs off the bat. :lol:

I think the residents were occupied with something else at the time, so nobody got the idea to pester the skunk, fortunately.

Edit: I actually forgot about who got which death, but I tried to get different ones for all the ghosts. According to the Wiki, pink would refer to death by fright. The color could also be magenta, which is death by hail, but I think I've seen a male ghost re-enact the hail death, so I'd say it's probably fright.

Bernadette has had the tendency to seek Gabriel outside and keep him company there, so his sunlight meter must be filling pretty well. Felix often comes to hang out with them too, but apparently not as often.

Me too! I've played ahead a bit and there's a bit of drama coming up, but things are going to get boring unless I can actually work on that LTW. I think the computer allowance limit must be approaching on us.

Thanks again for reading and commenting! :cookie:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 7 November

Post by katrisims »

Another day done and posted! Day 7 is here, I hope you enjoy!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I would definitely allow a computer, just you’re able to get started at least! That’s so true about trying with another family and getting architecture right away. The game is definitely like that.

Finger guns are fun no matter what! :D But it is odd to see them from a sim that’s not super outgoing. Maybe sim Katie is trying something new.

You don’t even need a maid with them cleaning up.

Thanks for the information on the ghost color! I don’t know too many of them.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

108sims wrote:I would definitely allow a computer, just you’re able to get started at least! That’s so true about trying with another family and getting architecture right away. The game is definitely like that.

Finger guns are fun no matter what! :D But it is odd to see them from a sim that’s not super outgoing. Maybe sim Katie is trying something new.

You don’t even need a maid with them cleaning up.

Thanks for the information on the ghost color! I don’t know too many of them.
I'm a couple days ahead and have now allowed a computer. I just hope we'll get lucky soon.

My simself has a whopping 2 outgoing points, so it's definitely odd! She is pretty playful though, I wonder if that might cause it. I didn't think shy sims could fingergun, but I have seen it a couple times now. Maybe she's going nuts in the asylum. :D

Yeah so far the other inmates have been very good at cleaning. I quite possibly wouldn't need a maid even if we were allowed one.

No problem! Me neither, I mostly have just old age ghosts, I'm not very murderous for a simmer. :lol:

Thanks for reading and commenting! :pie:

In other news, after a couple busy days in real life, I have Day 8 up now! :)
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 8 November

Post by 108sims »

She might be going nuts in the asylum! Also I just noticed my phone autocorrected your name to Katie? Weird stuff :lol:

I'm not either. This challenge and the new Genetic Roulette challenge have really been the only time I've killed off sims. I've had a couple of accidental deaths, but I like keeping my sims alive!

Sims just love walking in on other sims in the bathroom.

Oh yeah an Asylum is no place for a fortune sim, especially when you can't buy things to fulfill most of their wants!

Looks like there might be a little love triangle going on there with Felix, Gabriel, and Bernadette.
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 8 November

Post by katrisims »

108sims wrote:She might be going nuts in the asylum! Also I just noticed my phone autocorrected your name to Katie? Weird stuff :lol:

I'm not either. This challenge and the new Genetic Roulette challenge have really been the only time I've killed off sims. I've had a couple of accidental deaths, but I like keeping my sims alive!

Sims just love walking in on other sims in the bathroom.

Oh yeah an Asylum is no place for a fortune sim, especially when you can't buy things to fulfill most of their wants!

Looks like there might be a little love triangle going on there with Felix, Gabriel, and Bernadette.
Heh, well I suppose Katie isn't that far off, might even be variants of the same name. The Finnish variant must be too weird for your phone :lol:

Me too. I've killed for plot on occasion, but not without feeling bad about it. I often even find myself avoiding playing a family when an elder is about to die of old age. Ghost colors are sort of interesting, but generally I like to keep sims alive.

They do, and then they love to be all shocked about the other sims doing bathroom things in the bathroom! :lol:

Fortune sims are possibly the hardest in an asylum. They can't work or get new objects, so it's quite tough.

Oooh yeah... There's some drama coming up in the next few days.

Thanks again for reading and commenting! ^^

The challenge moves on, Day 9 is now live!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 9 December

Post by 108sims »

It’s so hard for me to play with aging on anymore. I don’t want my sims to die!

I’d be crying too if I was stuck in an asylum! Poor Cecily.

Lots of romance going on!

I still think it’s so funny to watch zombies carry around plates. :lol:

At least Daisy can’t die again of fright?

Another love triangle! You were right about the drama.

Bernadette must have a thing for plantsims.
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 9 December

Post by katrisims »

108sims wrote:It’s so hard for me to play with aging on anymore. I don’t want my sims to die!

I’d be crying too if I was stuck in an asylum! Poor Cecily.

Lots of romance going on!

I still think it’s so funny to watch zombies carry around plates. :lol:

At least Daisy can’t die again of fright?

Another love triangle! You were right about the drama.

Bernadette must have a thing for plantsims.
I generally play with aging on (not in this asylum though), but yeah it's hard when that means someone has to go. :sigh:

Me too, definitely. Poor Cecily is having a kind of a hard time, though a lot of the time she puts on a brave face.

Plenty of romance, and there's more coming up!

Both werewolves and zombies look pretty funny with the plates, especially when there's food on the plate. :lol: It's a good thing the game basically glues the food on the plate, otherwise it'd all be on the floor.

Hmm, that's an interesting point, I don't know if a zombie can die again and if so, for what causes. :hmm: They don't age, so old age is out, but otherwise, they still have needs like other sims, so things like hunger and fright might be able to kill them... I don't know, I haven't had that many zombies!

ACR is pretty good at arranging drama. :lol: And yeah, Bernadette clearly likes plantsims. I don't remember if it's an actual turn on for her, and now I'm not allowed to look, but she's into them alright!

Thanks for reading and commenting! :donut:

(Hoping to get at least one day written sometime this weekend. :) )
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 10 Decembe

Post by apocalypticautumn »

I'm all caught up!
Spoiler:
You're completely justified in using the computer. 10 days with no job is outrageous! Fingers crossed for Day 11.
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Poor Gabriel. :(

Hopefully with the computer now, you’ll have a better chance of getting into the architecture career!

The Hobby sims defy all logic. :)

Bernadette needs to pick one of them and stick with her choice!

Also I never thought about zombies possibly dying of fright or hunger. I don’t play much with them either, but I suppose it’s probably possible!
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

apocalypticautumn wrote:I'm all caught up!
Spoiler:
You're completely justified in using the computer. 10 days with no job is outrageous! Fingers crossed for Day 11.
Spoiler:
Thanks, I thought so too. We've had some baaaad luck with the jobs. The computer should be helpful with that.
108sims wrote:Poor Gabriel. :(

Hopefully with the computer now, you’ll have a better chance of getting into the architecture career!

The Hobby sims defy all logic. :)

Bernadette needs to pick one of them and stick with her choice!

Also I never thought about zombies possibly dying of fright or hunger. I don’t play much with them either, but I suppose it’s probably possible!
I feel sorry for Gabriel, he's had it quite rough. It looked like all was going so well at first...

The computer is quite helpful for that, thankfully!

Oh yes they do. :lol: They probably didn't get the memo that this is a closed facility.

Bernadette has caused quite a mess, hasn't she? I'm giving both her and Felix some stern looks for this, but I don't think it's helping... :tongue:

Yeah I think it probably is, so at least I won't count on it being impossible!

Thank you both for reading and commenting! :hug:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 11 Dec 12]

Post by Ani-Mei »

Just read it all.
Spoiler:
I did finish an Asylum in Sims 3 but haven't posted it yet, they seem to take better care of themselves in Sims 3. And I have to remember that Sims 2 zombies DON'T eat your garden and kill them like they do in 3. I did have a small garden in my asylum, had to build a backyard fence and lock the gate because Sims 3 zombies = death for plants. And everyone goes out to do it, not just my playable. Hehe. Anyway, I didn't take as many pictures in mine and since my lifespans are set to 30 days as YA, 25 A, and 21 E mine took the WHOLE 30 days and a bit to complete. I should post it.
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Annie is so hungry she’ll eat anything! :lol:

Congratulations on finally getting the job!

I do not think issues have been fully resolved between Felix and Gabriel. They might be working on it, but not there yet.

How much food is everyone eating? :o

Edward kind of lucked out there.
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Ani-Mei wrote:Just read it all.
Spoiler:
I did finish an Asylum in Sims 3 but haven't posted it yet, they seem to take better care of themselves in Sims 3. And I have to remember that Sims 2 zombies DON'T eat your garden and kill them like they do in 3. I did have a small garden in my asylum, had to build a backyard fence and lock the gate because Sims 3 zombies = death for plants. And everyone goes out to do it, not just my playable. Hehe. Anyway, I didn't take as many pictures in mine and since my lifespans are set to 30 days as YA, 25 A, and 21 E mine took the WHOLE 30 days and a bit to complete. I should post it.
Hi Ani-Mei, welcome aboard. :wave:
Spoiler:
Heh, I think with all my mods my sims are not as stupid as they would be in a vanilla game, but they're still a bit stupid. *pat pat* :lol: Oh, I didn't know TS3 zombies did that, that sure puts a hamper on gardening! This does seem to take a surprisingly long time to complete it seems, of course it's partly a matter of luck too. *glares at newspaper for unlucky job selections*

108sims wrote:Annie is so hungry she’ll eat anything! :lol:

Congratulations on finally getting the job!

I do not think issues have been fully resolved between Felix and Gabriel. They might be working on it, but not there yet.

How much food is everyone eating? :o

Edward kind of lucked out there.
Digging the trash can seemed kind of desperately hungry to me, but Annie seemed perfectly happy so I don't know. :lol: I did think it best to feed her asap though.

Thanks! It sure took long enough, now I'm hoping for speedy progress through the career.

Yeah we'll see about that. They've been acting quite friendly, but I'm sort of keeping an eye on them.

A lot. :D My simself feeds the inmates about two to three times a day, and some of them are in the habit of getting snacks from the fridge too. So I guess that's enough to drain the food supplies. Also the fridge is on the cheaper side, so it doesn't fit as much food as an expensive one would I think.

Edward is a pretty lucky guy it seems. At least so far. :tongue: With ACR installed, not all sims have jealousy on those interactions, but if someone does a base game interaction, that might still cause some issues between an otherwise non-jealous couple... We'll see how things go with the three of them!

Thanks for reading and commenting! :lemonade:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 12 Jan 1]

Post by katrisims »

Bump! Happy New Year! :party: I've meant to post the next update for a couple days, but my office worker neck has given me headaches. But fortunately, I was able to shake them, so here comes. Day 12 is now live at my DW, I hope you enjoy!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Aw poor sim!Katri. Don't be nervous, it'll get everyone out of there quicker. :D

I know it's not how it works in the game, but I'd love you could actually stand over plantsims with a watering can!

So she's decided she wants Felix now?

That night was rather peaceful compared to some you've had!
[align=center]Image
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Spoiler:
:D I don't know what's up with my simself, she both shy-worries and fingerguns, sometimes right after each other. :shrug: :lol: Well, hopefully she can get the lot of them out of there anyway!

Heh, now I'm imagining my simself walking after Felix and Gabriel holding some sort of a portable sunlamp and a watering can. It would be a kind of a neat feature. :D

I'd think so, yeah. Bernadette hasn't shown any further romantic interest in Gabriel, but I can only say that the drama isn't over yet...

Oh yeah, that was downright quiet! There haven been (and will be) much more eventful nights in terms of both ghosts and inmate drama.
Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^ :cookie:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Katri and the Case of the Haunted Asylum [Day 13 Jan 8]

Post by katrisims »

Trying to catch up with my playing a bit here, so Day 13 is now live! I hope you enjoy. :)

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”