The Tsarina Alphabetacy - Chapter Five 7/31/2020

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
captainmills

The Tsarina Alphabetacy - Chapter Five 7/31/2020

Post by captainmills »

I've decided to try to drive myself insane with an Alphabetacy. I hope you enjoy it.

Founding Generation
Original Slideshare Upload Chapter One: The Penguin/Snowman Alliance
Original Slideshare Upload Chapter Two: Murphy's Law
New Blogger Upload Chapter One: The Penguin/Snowman Alliance
New Blogger Upload Chapter Two: Murphy's Law

After losing the original Tsarinas in a computer switch, I've finally got the legacy restarted!

Founding Generation - Sophia Tsarina
Chapter One: A New Hope
Chapter Two: A Stubborn Pair
Chapter Three: Time To Go Home
Chapter Four: Awkwardness Intensifies
Chapter Five: The Promise
Last edited by captainmills on July 31st, 2020, 4:52 pm, edited 10 times in total.
captainmills

Re: The Tsarina Alphabetacy

Post by captainmills »

Quick question to anyone who may be able to help:

You may have noticed that the visual quality of these chapters isn't great. I don't know why. The settings in the game, including camera, are all set to high-quality. When I view the chapters on my computer, they look great. But then when I upload them to slideshare, I get reduced picture quality and somewhat blurred text. I followed all the steps on that site to preserve quality, including converting the chapters to PDFs before posting, but I still couldn't preserve the quality. I wrote to slideshare's support team, and they responded saying that it's the best quality they have - which I have a hard time believing.

So does anyone know how to preserve quality on slideshare, or a site that does a better job? If so, please let me know.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I think some people have moved from slideshare to either blogger, word press or another blogger site because their may have better quality pictures. I think your best bet would join a couple of sites and compare. I am with blogger but I don't edit my pictures like some people do. I just post them. But this just my opinion.:)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

captainmills

Post by captainmills »

After a couple of weeks of desperately trying to get this to work as a slideshow, and uploading it to a million different sites for that purpose, and finding that it would constantly lose a massive amount of quality no matter what I did, I decided to follow peachy123uk's advice and used Blogger instead.

I've got the first two chapters changed over to that format and posted the links to them.

I'm working on chapter three, but it's going a bit slow due the aforementioned weeks of trying to fix the uploads and the fact that my job has gotten a million times busier due to the pandemic. Speaking of, I hope everyone here is safe. Remember to be careful.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Don't worry about posting do it when you can. The pictures are looking great.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Peanutbutter

Post Counts

Post by Peanutbutter »

Enjoying this. :) I like the theme and their new house. Did you get glitches with the old one?

The pics look fine on Blogger, I stopped using Slideshare for much the same reason. It wasn't really easier to use and you do get a quality loss.

The kids are so cute, who would have known Komei T wasn't so ugly after all? ;) I relate to Alexei not wanting to do his homework, I was that kid too. LOL

Looking forward to more.

TS2- Compact Legacy Upd 10th Apr 20 | Sweetheart Legacy Completed!
Widespot Never Knew What Hit It! Upd 22nd Dec | Be A Flamingo Among Pigeons Upd 3rd Jan

TS3- Party On My Lawn! Upd 8th Jan

Other stuff- Simblr :: Dreamwidth :: MTS downloads

captainmills

Post by captainmills »

@peachy123uk

Thank you! I'm still getting used to using Blogger as a format, and I'm not sure how it's going to end up affecting my writing style. But I am enjoying the better picture quality. Thanks for the suggestion.

@Peanutbutter

I'm glad you're enjoying it! :D

I absolutely love Komei. I actually had Cate lot hopping in hopes of finding him. I had almost given up hope when she brought him home from work. I was so excited.

So, the rebuild has quite the story behind it.

The lot that Cate moved into when she got to Siberia was taken from Desiderata Valley. It's from a spot near the coast there. I had played it previously with a legacy that never really got off the ground. I loved the lot, but I couldn't recreate it myself. Since it was now empty due to having to do a reinstall, I just packaged the lot and placed it in Siberia. Then I realized that I wanted to use the same face template for Cate that I had used in the defunct legacy (there named Maeve). So I restored the backup I had to retrieve the face template.

Things were going fine. Until it was time for the rebuild. I had stuck floor tiles. And not just one or two like I had dealt with in the past. This was a big section of tiles that I could not get rid of. I tried every fix I knew of, and every fix I could find online. Nothing worked. The tiles would not go away no matter what I did. Eventually, it came to the point of having to just move the Tsarinas out and demolish the lot. I had planned to simply place the lot again and move them back in. But then it was not showing up when I opened the lots folder. It also didn't show up in the game folders, and I hadn't saved a copy separately like I normally do. So my choices were to have them on a lot with different terrain, which I didn't want to do because I love that lot, or repackage the lot from DV.

However, the DV lot was no longer empty thanks to me restoring the backup. So I packaged what was there, cleared the people and furniture, then placed it back. The Tsarinas bought it and moved in. So the house there is the house that I had built for the defunct legacy. Which is why there are portraits visible in some of the pictures of Cate and Komei's doppelgangers. I didn't have the heart to remove the pictures after they had donated Cate's face and their house.

I plan to do another rebuild somewhere around generation 10, just for some variety, and I really hope I don't run into this issue again.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Great story so far! Two Pleasure sims should be a blast! Or a handful(especially if they're shy or serious from my experience)

Love the Russian theme too, as I come from that background.
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

*Update*

I'm sorry for the long delay here. My laptop's hard drive was dying, and I had already had to replace it twice. Basically, the laptop has become a lemon. So now I have a new computer. Yay! However, the Tsarinas are having a hard time making the migration. So far I've been able to get Cate and Komei over, but the kids keep disappearing for some reason. I'm going to try a few more things to get them moved over, but there is a chance I will not be successful.

Should I fail, I will probably start over from scratch. In that case, I would maintain the Russian theme and all that.

I just wanted to let everyone know why I haven't updated in so long and what might be coming.
captainmills

Re: The Tsarina Alphabetacy - Update 7/14/20

Post by captainmills »

*Update*
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
shame about restarting but truly enjoyed that. Umm wonder what Cris has got planned!
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

captainmills

Post by captainmills »

@peachy123uk

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It sucks that I had to restart, but at least I wasn't very far in when it happened. Restarting on A is a lot easier than if I had had to restart on M or something lol.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
Poor Mr. Big, relegated to be the bad guy in everyone's legacy just because he carries 50,000 simoleons in his pocket and primps like there's no tomorrow. :slaphappy:

Yay, a girl on the first try! Though I have a feeling once you try for a spare, you may start getting all boys. :fisty:

Uh-oh, Cristian storming out like that is NEVER a good sign. I guess we shall see... :shiftyeyes:
captainmills

Re: The Tsarina Alphabetacy - Update 7/16/20

Post by captainmills »

*Update*
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
aaah the children grew up lovely, who was siya talking to and whose house does she go to ? We know Cristian, a little plotty revenge. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
I used to not like sloppy sims either, but now I don't know. I sort of find their dumpster diving and plate licking endearing(also realized just how useful they can be in an apocalypse).

Noo, Siya! Don't do it! Oh, but it has to happen. :O
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

@Calamity Jade
If I was playing an Apocalypse, I would definitely love getting a sloppy Sim. I've made my peace with Siya being a slob, but I'm still hoping that Gen B gets some neat points.
Also, I love the Apocalypse you're writing. I just binge read it earlier today. Can't wait for more!
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

*Update*
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Tsarina Alphabetacy - Chapter Three 7/18/2020

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
mmm but what did Christian really say to her and is he still plotting! love it.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

captainmills wrote:@Calamity Jade
If I was playing an Apocalypse, I would definitely love getting a sloppy Sim. I've made my peace with Siya being a slob, but I'm still hoping that Gen B gets some neat points.
Also, I love the Apocalypse you're writing. I just binge read it earlier today. Can't wait for more!
Aw thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'm really liking your story as well.
Spoiler:
Glad Siya got home safe. Definitely don't trust Cristian one bit though, I wonder if Sophia will finally confront him.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”