Legende Zombie Apocalypse [Updated 6/20/21]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Legende Zombie Apocalypse [Updated 6/20/21]

Post by MommyIzz »

I have never tried an Apocalypse challenge! I started to read the rules once & went cross-eyed and moved on to a Legacy challenge.

I saw Phaenoh's mod for the restrictions and got really excited to try something new!

Unfortunately, my poor first founder, Andres Legende, was moments from successfully lifting the culinary restrictions when a chance card got him fired. He was pretty much doomed from that moment on. Before he turned into an elder, I zombified him and set him loose on the town.

LEGENDE: I made another founder, completely opposite of Andres, shy & intelligent Zoe Sharp. She has been MUCH more successful!

SHARP:
Spoiler:
TIER 1:
Chapter 0 - The Old College Try
Chapter 1 - Settling In
Chapter 2 - Zombie Anatomy
Chapter 3 - First Flutterings of Hope
Chapter 4 - Midnight Picnics
Chapter 5 - Hero Worship
Chapter 6 - Watered Down Soup
Chapter 7 - A New Addition
Chapter 8 - Dogs and Babies
Chapter 9 - Roach Stomp Dance
Chapter 10 - RTFM
Chapter 11 - I Love Babies
Chapter 12 - HOOAH!

TIER 2:
Chapter 13 - Are You My Girlfriend?
Chapter 14 - The Haunting
Legende Interlude
Chapter 15 - The Unluckiest Romance Sim
Chapter 16 - Never Too Early to Prepare
Chapter 17 - Getting Lucky
Chapter 18 - The Kids Are All Growing Up
Chapter 19 - Ups and Downs of Adulthood
Chapter 20 - I will Name Him George
Chapter 21 - Vivi, Just Being Vivi!
Chapter 22 (Vivi) - Living La Vivi Loca
Chapter 22 (Urias) - In Retrospect, He Should Have Stayed Home
Chapter 22 (Urbain) - Wish It Was a Dream
Chapter 22 (Vito) - House Feels So Empty
Chapter 23 (Vivi) - I can't Stand a Cheat
Chapter 23 (Urias) - Tie That Binds
Chapter 23 (Urbain)- Ghost of Martha
Chapter 23 (Vito) - Would You Like to Read a Book?
Chapter 24 (Vivi) - A 3 Bolt Love
Chapter 24 (Urias) - Children Grow Up When You're Not Looking
Chapter 24 (Urbain) - Swab the Decl
Chapter 24 (Vito) - All Good Things Come to An End
Chapter 24 (University) - Attack of the Evil Coach
Chapter 25 (Tesira) - Sneaking Around
Chapter 25 (Urias) - Pillow Pummel
Chapter 25 (Urbain) - Marsha, Marsha, Marsha
Chapter 25 (Tetris) - Mother's Smother Love
Chapter 26 (Tesira) - One Thing Led to Another
Chapter 26 (Urias) - A Business Plan
Chapter 26 (Urbain) - Food Fight!
Chapter 26 (Sookie) - His One True Love
Chapter 26 (Tetris) - Moving On Up
Chapter 26 (University) - College Crashpad
Chapter 27 (Tesira) - All That Sparkles
Chapter 27 (Urias) - We Could Always Adopt
Chapter 27 (Urbain) - And a bottle of rum...
Chapter 27 (Sookie) - To Add Insult to Injury
Chapter 27 (Tetris) - Can We Build It, Yes We Can!
Chapter 28 (Tesira) - Really?
Chapter 28 (Theorem) - Always Be My Baby
Chapter 28 (Urbain) - Gotta Put a Ring on It
Chapter 28 (Sookie) - Let There Be Light!
Chapter 28 (Tetris) - New Hair Dos
Chapter 29 (Tesira) - Learning to Trust Again
Chapter 29 (Theorem) - Toxic Jealousy
Chapter 29 (Teak) Bad Dog, Bad!
Chapter 29 (Syllabus & Sailor) - Dueling Duplex
Chapter 29 (Tetris) - Teenage Angst
Chapter 30 (Syllabus & Sailor) - New Locks for the Windows

TIER 3:

Family Tree

Feel free to laugh, scream and cry with me as we attempt to survive the Zombie Apocalypse!
Last edited by MommyIzz on June 20th, 2021, 4:50 pm, edited 28 times in total.
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: Rozemarjin
United States of America

Re: Legende Zombie Apocalypse

Post by Rozemarjin »

Ah, I've stayed up too late reading this, haha! I got excited when you mentioned you were following the same rule set as me. I love the way you set up your town. I was too nervous to deviate from the typical stilt apocalypse house, haha. I really like your way of telling a story too!
Spoiler:
Craig and Zoe were such an adorable pair! I hope Craig is able to cope with Zoe's loss. At least Yoshi has Orlando to help her through it, I bet Craig is going to be rough to handle without Zoe there.

I'm also happy to see that you had the same problem with them cleaning up food before it was all eaten! Dang neat sims!
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Thanks! I liked the idea of having a bunch of temporary trailers until I unlocked architecture! But, boy, I wish I had gone with a house on stilts so that I could have a driveway and a junked car. lol. I think it's great we both started around the same time. It's nice knowing someone else feels my pain! Lol
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
ok I just read the second try for the apocalypse, (all in one go) it is going really well, shame the dogs make an awful lot of mess. Love the story telling too.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Thanks peachy! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had a couple near-misses due to my OCD founder, but things are going smoothly for now *knock on wood*
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

Spoiler:
Oh my goodness, that's so many dogs! I can barely handle just one dog in my house haha!

I know your roach problem! Although, if you have any family sims, you can totally make the comfort soup, so the flu isn't as scary as it seems!

As for Orlando's job, I interpreted it a bit different...
If a Townie at the top of a career joins the house as a spouse and that career is not lifted and is in the current restriction level, it is lifted instantly. If it is for a future restriction level, those restrictions may be lifted as soon as that restriction level is reached, even if the sim has already passed away. However, they may not work toward lifting a different one in the meantime. If that career has already been lifted, the spouse can work on lifting a different career.
So basically ,if you move in a townie at the top of a career, that restriction is lifted (even if it's a future restriction, you just have to wait until you get that tier). If it's already lifted, you can start working towards another one. So technically, I read it as a townie can start working towards the next tier's restriction, even if you haven't finished the one you are on, it just won't be lifted until you finish your tier.

I could be wrong, in which case I've made a big booboo in my story but I'll just accept it. LOL
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Spoiler:
Sooooo many rules! LOL. :banghead: My daughter and I had a debate over the rule. I could have sworn I read somewhere it was fine to be in the law enforcement career, but started second guessing myself. Then I couldn't remember if a teen could stay home with a child or if an adult needed to be home, too. So, I decided to hell with it - Orlando was quitting. K.I.S.S.! Sooooo many dogs, too! The hardest part is getting them up the stairs and in that tiny little bathroom. Lol. The little dogs are easier, but Webster does not like taking a bath. I have to try 2 or 3 times usually before I can get him routed in there!
Thanks for reading Roze! It's fun having someone to do the challenge with! I read your update last night, too! WTG!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Military lifted way to go. I think it is in the rules that you can let you friends adopt the dogs you don't want to keep (or I have read it in another story somewhere)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Oh good call about the dogs! But I get attached. Lol. And I need them around for the next pet restriction & puppy power! lol.
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

It is very fun having someone else doing the challenge at the same time! I'm jealous of your writing style though, it's more story-like than my observational one and I like yours more, haha!
Also, you have zombies! I don't. LOL Just pretend ones.

I get attached to the dogs too, so I never give them away. There's no rule against it (in fact, it is explicitly allowed), but I don't wanna. Plus, if you give them to a townie, they run the risk of becoming a stray again, which is no good.
Spoiler:
Congrats on lifting all the Tier 1 restrictions! Excited to see the puppies :D Curious if you're going to have them go for the next pet restriction, or if you'll have Pepper try it out.
I keep meaning to ask, do you prefer comments here or on the blog?
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Thanks, I enjoy writing the story based on what those crazy Sims do! I think all styles of blogging are great, and I really like yours as well! Hehe - the real zombies are driving me crazy! Now that military is done, there's going to be a little twist regarding those pesky undead! lol. You can leave comments wherever you prefer, I'll see them and answer :)

I love the pets, even when they're annoying, like destroying the bed 3 times in a row! Lol
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Made it over:
Spoiler:
So I just did some playing of my second Apocalypse and finally got my first pet lift done, and it ACTUALLY didn't glitch out on level 3! :party: I haven't posted it yet because there's a pre-story post I need to write up first before I start on the Apocalypse. I'm a writer first and foremost and it just seems weird to me to start an Apocalypse without a written short story first to explain some things that I may or may not be able to do in game. So much for not making another plot-heavy Apocalypse :sigh: Anyway, restarting before your second gen is even born must have been funstrating (fun+frustrating) but your second founder did a lot better. I like to finish my Apocalypses in six generations which means I have to have five lifts per generation and that needs at least three kids and another pet to do. I don't have the Job Board mod and my community lots only get built when the appropriate lift is done first by the family, I also use the 8x8 house size max before the Politics lift is done in my Apocalypse. Except for community lots, they get to be 8x16. And I did Pet Service first because I don't want to lose control of my elders, the rule set I have doesn't have tiers like I've seen you use so I can choose whatever Pet lift I want to do first. Anyway, looking forward to seeing the next installment.
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Thanks for reading Ani-Mei! Can't wait to read your apocalypse story. Oooooh girl... I twitched when you said you did 5 lifts per generation. Lol. I'm struggling with space already in my little trailer. Lifting the pet service would be nice. I hate losing control of my elders! They get so SAD!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Yeah I never had to deal with elders after my first generation in my last Apocalypse, I did Pet Service first then the whole neighbourhood just "vanished" from the in-game UI screen and took my founder and his wife with him. They never got to be elders so by the time I "rebuilt" with the second gen kids Pet Service was already done before they eldered. And so was Military and Intelligence so I could move out the spares after they did their lifts.
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

Spoiler:
Ah, so many updates to read!

Oh no Barker! Why'd you get fired? although...Looking at that picture it looks like you got him in security and not service to begin with :o

I can really tell how busy you've been with this household, since he hasn't really showed up in the last two chapters of the family!

I enjoyed the Legende interlude. Too bad his romance-ness is coming back to the front! Poor Gretchin.

Wasabi is certainly just as spicy as her name! I feel a little bad for Vivi, she probably doesn't have a good relationship with her mom at all!
Although, politics is a really good career for her, it suits her really well!
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Ugh. Bored at home leads to Simming and posting! Lol
Spoiler:
You're so right! Barx WAS in the security pet job! I sure messed that up! Although, he lost his job by not going to work, so he kinda deserved the firing, whether security or service. Lol.

<3 Andres. We'll see him again.

Wasabi is slightly spicy, huh! Vivi didn't have a great relationship with her Mom when she was a child, but she's best friends with her now that she's a teen. Politics is PERFECT for Wasabi!
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Wow Wasabi seems to upset everybody, at least she finally got promoted and could lord it over everyone.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

Spoiler:
I definitely pictured Wasabi rubbing it in that she lifted a restriction & Xerxes didn't! Oh man, she scowls when she talks to everyone! Lol. I've never met a grumpier Sim!
Rozemarjin
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post by Rozemarjin »

Spoiler:
yay for lifting Politics! Perfect timing too.

I laughed at your attempts to get autonomous violin playing going on. I can't make my sims stay away from the stupid thing! Everyone always has max creativity because if I take my eyes off them for a second, they're fighting for the violin!
MommyIzz
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post by MommyIzz »

I'm debating rules in my head. Education reward is an amazing bookshelf. But can you use it before you lift journalism (with the no reading books to skill)?

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”