A Victorian Challenge

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Hugotarian

A Victorian Challenge

Post by Hugotarian »

Hello friends! I've been doing a variation of a BACC for the Victorian Sims 2 for almost a decade now, and have started posting game play of three families on YouTube (I'll be showing the game play and builds of the rest of the neighborhood on Twitch, @HistoricalSimmer, in the coming months! Join along if you'd like to. The sound quality of the videos get a little better thanks to getting a mic after a few episodes. I structure my game play on social classes and the idea of keeping the neighborhood and families self-sufficient. I'm working on updating and finishing the Google Doc soon, as I'm transferring everything from Numbers and it's taking a little while.

I promise to do a full, proper write up document on the challenge soon! I'm the meantime...

The basic rules:
Start with three young adult couples.
After this point, you may add one new family of any size every Monday (or number/days of your choosing, depending on how quickly you want the neighborhood to grow).
Social classes:
Lower Class: Family funds 0-30,000
Career Options: Farmer, Vintner, Butcher, Costermonger, any other home-lot craftables like sewing and weaving. Can only run home-lot business (cannot purchase new lot).
Anticipated inheritance and dowries (needed for main house to elevate to next social class): 5,000
Lower Middle Class: 30,000-50,000
Career Options: Politics, Medicine, Law enforcement, Slacker, Military, Criminal, can run off-lot businesses by purchasing lots, may sell novels.
Anticipated inheritance and dowries: 15,000
Upper Middle Class: 50,000-80,000
Career Options: Athletic, Journalism, Adventurer, Science, Culinary, Business
Anticipated inheritance and dowries: 25,000
Upper Class: 80,000-200,000
Career Options: Paranormal, Show business, Artist, Natural scientist
Anticipated inheritance and dowries: 40,000
Royal Aristocracy: 200,000
Career Options: Royalty, or whatever they want! But careers aren't really fashionable. Advisable to simply focus on skilling or the creative and high arts.

Keep track of all paid bills in a spreadsheet to go towards public buildings, churches, and shops.

Generation One
Part 1
Part 2.1
Part 2.2
Part 2.3
Part 3.1
Part 3.2
Part 3.3
Part 4.1
Part 4.2
Part 4.3
Part 5.1
Part 5.2
Part 5.3
Part 6.1
Part 6.2
Part 6.3
Part 7.1
Part 7.2
Part 7.3

Generation Two
Part 8.1
Last edited by Hugotarian on December 2nd, 2020, 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hugotarian

Re: A Victorian Challenge

Post by Hugotarian »

Added a few rotations :)
Hugotarian

Post by Hugotarian »

A few more episodes :)
Hugotarian

Post by Hugotarian »

Two new updates!