The Dysfunkshinul Legacy

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.15 POSTED (Dec 9th)

Post by Gryffindork »

Heyyyyy guys. It's me. I finally updated. Seven months later. :party:

7.16 Enhance Your Calm

nooboostar:
Spoiler:
Ack, coronavirus really does ruin everything. :cryingeyes: But no problem, I hope you've been able to play in some capacity since we last spoke? And that the mods have been helpful if so? And yeah, I've fully given up on solving the Kyrii mystery at this point.

I was indeed very happy to see Riza go. :P And I think she really did better once she was out, too! The quads are so satisfyingly diverse - to make up for the complete and utter chaos of having four of them, lol. I'm so excited for you guys to see them grown up!

Thanks as always for your comments and I'll try not to make you wait so long for the next update! :sarcastic:
Nella:
Spoiler:
New reader! Hi! :) I'm so glad you liked the first generation! I'd tell Tewl you're a fan, but I don't want to inflate his ego any more. :P I hope you enjoy(ed) reading the rest!
Roxanne:
Spoiler:
Ahh, I'm honoured! And sorry to be so stingy with those updates. :lol: And glad to hear your circle has been doing okay - hopefully still the case given how long it's taken me to reply!

I was already impressed at the words "completed Sims 2 legacy", but 145 sims! :jawdrop: I just did a rough count and I think the Langurds are only at 40-ish up to now, so wowww. The commitment! You'll see in this chapter just how much chaos the quads have rained down upon us though. Gens 9 and 10 would be in real danger of being single-child generations if I hadn't waited, like, four years in between.

Your comments give me life. :heart: I love thinking of the quads as X-Men. I'm also psyched you mentioned Pete's "accent" because I was totally grasping at straws to differentiate him from Dudley, and I just figured Siesta's attempts at creating "intelligent" life all had to be a little borked in some way. Even I'm not sure what's going on with his pronunciation. :shrug:

Anyway, thank you! I'm ultimately really glad I extended my stay in Korea, but I'm pretty sure this one will be my last year. Hopefully knowing I'll be back to my PC by next March will be the motivation I need to get through the rest of this generation! :spin:
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.16 POSTED (Jul 11th)

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Has it really been nine years? Huh, how time flies. Anyway, at least you got something out that's an accomplishment. I've got like 7 challenges going and somehow manage to still add another one for SimNo. But it's been fun so far, writing and stuff. Nice to see you back. :thup: I've actually forgotten a lot of who's who, and where's where in this.
CeresIn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Argentina

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.16 POSTED (Jul 11th)

Post by CeresIn »

Spoiler:
Love Tonu and his random phrases, great potential for hilarity (err a little more I suppose. :shifty: )
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.17 POSTED (Jul 19th)

Post by Gryffindork »

Never showing up to this thread empty-handed! Here's 7.17 Multiple Choices!

Ani:
Spoiler:
Thank you! :) Indeed it has! :O And I don't blame you! Tbh I've forgotten an embarrassing amount of who's who and where's where in my own legacy. You always impress me with the number of challenges you tackle - good luck with them all!!
CeresIn:
Spoiler:
LOL thank you for appreciating Tonu, that kid is a poor poor soul who needs all the love. :heartbeat:
nooboostar:
Spoiler:
Oh man! That's super sweet of your family, but I'm sorry you've had limited play opportunities. :cryingeyes: COVID is kinda rampaging in Korea right now tbh, but I'm keeping safe and get my first vaccine in a couple of weeks, so I'm trying not to stress! I hope thing are okay on your end too! :heart: And ahh, thank you! The Golden Plumbob seriously took me by surprise. I have awesome readers. :D

It's one of my fave moodlets. :rotfl: And perfect for Acara and Ixi, whom I can only imagine being very socially stunted after being raised by robots. The beach trip did not go even a little bit as planned, but neither does anything around here and I suppose that's the fun of it. :lol: And let me just say that Kiko may be after Lira's "scariest sim" crown...

Tonu probably took the brunt of the robot parenting thing, so Unstable feels fitting. But man, I'm so unimpressed with that trait in practice so far! It's too real. Without spoiling too much, Dustiesta really needed that romantic outing before the shitstorm of the next few chapters. And hey, you don't need to put it nicely! Acara's face is kind of a mess. :P

Anyway, thank you for being so understanding! I realize my Slacker's Guilt(TM) comes mostly from my own brain, but gosh I am so impressed by all the simmers out there finishing challenges in a few months. Lol. I have a fair bit of time on my hands these next few weeks, so I'm going to try to keep getting chapters out! Thanks as always for continuing to read and comment! :hug:
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.17 POSTED (Jul 19th)

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
My boy is NOT vanilla, he's Vanilla Coke. :yes: It's been so long since I've seen Sim Self spawn, not since my Sims 2 days of yore. But hey happy to provide Gen 8's first non-related boyfriend. Didn't expect my Sim Self to be a Ghostbuster though, that career always bugs out on me around level 7 I have no idea why. :shrug: Is she not a fairy in your game? Anyway, good to see you finally catching up to your screenshots. :)
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.18 POSTED (Jul 22nd)

Post by Gryffindork »

Here's another one! 7.18 Conflict!

(Ironically still haven't signed up for SimNano because I know that as soon as I do, Murphy's Law will kick in and the productivity will go to die. :spin: )

Ani:
Spoiler:
He certainly wasn't vanilla before I got my hands on him! :lol: I actually love his coloring - aside from the fact that we've had so much green in this legacy, but at least it's a different green. I've never played a Ghostbuster properly, but for some reason it's a common one for my townies. And that's a good question! She must be a fairy because all the other simselves are waaaaay older or dead by now, but maybe the work uniform hides her wings? I have no idea...

Thanks for reading! :D
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.18 POSTED (Jul 22nd)

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I've had a butler for like the first time ever in Sims 3 when I played generation 3 of my Rainbow Sins challenge. He worked well for a bit then just vanished one day and a new one kept spawning. Since I had their gate locked to household only I got a lot of "Shoo flees!" before Overwatch nuked them for routing errors. In the Rainbow Sins challenge the butler has to father the fourth gen heir so I need a male one and kept getting female. Didn't think the same sex pregnancy would work. Anyway, how much more until the heir poll?
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.19 POSTED (July 26th)

Post by Gryffindork »

Here's 7.19 Site is frozen!

Ani:
Spoiler:
Dang, sounds like a whole hassle! I trust that if I ever actually NEED a butler for something, my game will also do me dirty.

I have no idea how much more, tbh. :rotfl: Maybe five chapters? Maybe ten? Maybe I'll try to condense things. Maybe I'll fail. This legacy thrives on uncertainty. :P
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I have a house full of witches who love to START fires, not put them out. Well Caspian did anyway...these guys keep casting Love Charms on themselves or try to use the Pestilence curse on each other. It's weird. ~_~ So if there's going to be an heir vote, I'm picking Tonu. His weird lines could be hilarious for generation 9. I've done all my SimNo updates for the month and still have five days left. I am well into generation four already, I like the Christmas decor and the wall sized TV. Anyway, it's 5:30 in the morning here and when Ontario isn't getting tornadoes we too are having gross heat waves.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Spoiler:
That sounds like a chaotic mess, but somewhat entertaining at least? :lol: Interesting, there's a lot of love for Tonu so far! My random sentence generators are running dry, but I'm sure I can find new ways to write nonsense dialogue. Congrats on finishing SimNano! :party: And I hope Ontario cools down/stops having crazy weather soon. Thanks for reading! :D
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.20 POSTED (July 31st)

Post by Gryffindork »

Image Image Image
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I've been away from the forum for a while being busy with life stuff, so you get only empathy from me, no judgment. My only completed legacy to my name took nine years because of a multi-year break in the middle, and I'm at gen. 8 and coming up on 7 years with my next furthest-along legacy. :shrug: Anyway, you can't rush quality, and that's definitely what this legacy is! I laugh out loud every chapter, and I LOVE the chaos that's going on.
Spoiler:
This family is so alive and quirky, and they're just so darn funny. I'm highly invested in all the kiddos! I also want to see Dudley return from his life of crime to be with Pete some day, because Pudley deserves a happy ending. :heart: They're wholesome in every way Siri isn't. :rotfl:

As for the kids, college before heir poll sounds fine, but I'm a really big fan of your two blue quads. I love evil sims, personally. I find them some of the most fun to write, but there's also something really cool about Kougra and she keeps my attention even when she escapes the camera for most of the chapter. I dunno! But they're all awesome, and actually Acara is also a fave of mine, so I really wouldn't be mad with *anyone* winning an heir poll in the future. I know you'll make the most out of whoever it is going forward.
As always, wonderful chapters! Hope you're staying healthy and happy, and good luck with the remaining part of your contract. Thanks for gracing us with this content in the mean time! It was much enjoyed! :thup:
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Sorry guys, I'm so behind on this thread! I've actually been churning out updates like crazy for SimNano and the Gen. 7 heir poll is finally up!

7.21 Too Many Requests
7.22 Permanent Redirect
7.23 Service Unavailable
7.24 Processing
7.25 Retry With
7.26 OK
Super Special #1: Exiled
Super Special #2: Vendetta
Super Special #3: Inferno
Super Special #4: Lovers
Super Special #5: Satisfaction
HEIR POLL!

Roxanne:
Spoiler:
I hope I still qualify for that exemption! :sarcastic: It's nice to know there are other simmers who hang onto their challenges for as long as I do! I think there are just so many prolific bloggers/simmers on Boolprop that it addles my expectations a bit. This one's officially a decade old now, but when I look back at the amount of content I've written, that doesn't seem so horrible. In fact, your nine years with a gap is pretty impressive! And aww, thanks for saying that! I try to make it sound like I don't care about quality, but underneath it all I'm an insufferable perfectionist. :lol:

If it comes down to it, I will stage a Pudley wedding spinoff with Siri as a (reluctant) officiant. Or I mean... it's probably not too late to make that canon. :shifty:

Yes! Thank you for the Kougra love. It's been hard to write her without making her a total repeat of Katana, but she's one of my faves too! And Kiko just steals every scene without trying. I'd be interested to know how you feel after this string of updates - and I'm leaving the heir poll up for quite a while, so you have time to catch up if you'd like! I agree, though. With all the variety I got in this generation, there's really no result I'd be unhappy with (even Acara, lol).
nooboostar:
Spoiler:
I hope you've recovered from your sims burnout and are able to fully enjoy playing again! Honestly, it sucks when the pressure to document/make things a certain level of entertaining gets in the way of just playing the game. I feel that sometimes with these guys, although I'm pretty fortunate in that my game is possessed by some kind of chaotic demon who lives to entertain me. :lol:

I guess I had just gotten my first vaccine when you commented, which probably explains why I disappeared! I actually had a really rough time with all my doses (especially the first one) and wound up having to get an EKG among other things. But I'm still super thankful I was able to get them, and I'm fine now! I hope everything is good on your end, too. :)

I was like "Slacker's Guilt," that's such a good phrase, I'm stealing it!" before I realized that I was stealing my own words... :rotfl: Definitely have a renewed sense of that, since I fell off of whatever roll I was on last year! But I have a new dump of updates for you guys thanks to SimNano, so hopefully that makes up for it. Being productive is hard. :cryingeyes:
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: UPDATED 8.21

Post by Gryffindork »

A cheaty little non-chapter about how this generation almost played out...

8.0 The Life that Almost Was
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: UPDATED 8.24

Post by Gryffindork »

Generation Eight is a-rollin'!

8.1 Weigh Anchor and Hoist the Mizzen!
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: UPDATED 8.25

Post by Gryffindork »

Here's another one!

8.2 No Prey, No Pay
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: UPDATED 8.26

Post by Gryffindork »

And another! WordPress tells me I'm on a three-day streak. :spin:

8.3 Shiver Me Timbers!
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: UPDATED 8.29

Post by Gryffindork »

Broke the streak, but still making headway!

8.4 Blow the Man Down
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: UPDATED 8.30