The Dysfunkshinul Legacy

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.9 POSTED (June 28)

Post by Gryffindork »

Ani:
Spoiler:
I think I have her from the round robin legacy sign-ups! She's always killing it in my game - I think she's a ghostbuster in this save, and her Flirty trait gets her all the guys and girls. :rotfl: Jerald is Delilah's brother (Trance's brother-in-law) so not a bad catch if you ask me. And I seem to recall little Angel-Finnigans running around, so you guys must tie the knot in the near future. ;) Hope you enjoy the rest!
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Yep, she's a Flirt, totally NOT like me at all. I don't know how to flirt. :( I have my Simself in my game with all my Sims 2 guys that I remade in Sims 3, from my legacy and Apocalypse. She wants all four of them and the all want her. 0_0
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

I LOVE this legacy! I'm currently only read up to Generation 2 but it has such a great sense of humor and got me back into legacy playing. Thank you for all your hard work! :)
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.10 POSTED (July 8th)

Post by Gryffindork »

Ani: I love it! ;)

Marnie: Ahhhh, thank YOU for reading! I'm so glad you're enjoying it. :)

P.S. SimNano Update #1 is up: 7.10 Early Hints
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.11 POSTED (July 15th)

Post by Gryffindork »

Another new reader! Hi! :D And might I just say HOW DID YOU DO IT?! I couldn't even read this whole legacy in a week if someone told me there was a mortifying typo somewhere in there and I had to find it ASAP. I'm seriously impressed. Thank you for the kind words, and I hope the experience did not cost you too many braincells. :heart:

Also here's 7.11 Login Time-out. It's a chonky one.
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.12 POSTED (July 17th)

Post by Gryffindork »

Ahhh, that is the best feedback I can hope for! There are times when writing it feels like drudgery, so I have to hope that doesn't come through on the other end. :shifty: And I'm glad you like the house! Building it took foreeeveerrrr and I cry a lot over the fact that these idiots get to live in it and I don't...

Same though! :cryingeyes: And techy is definitely a word (my Korean coworker keeps saying "we need to become techy" to run Zoom classes, so I disagree with the squiggly red line :lol: ). I think the secret to not losing my marbles is the fact that I've already lost them, but shhh don't tell anyone. :spin:

-

And on that note I'm here to drop a chapter with ACTUAL DUSTIESTA OFFSPRING(!!!): 7.12 Continue
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.13 POSTED (July 19th)

Post by Gryffindork »

Well then welcome to the Lost Marbles Club! :lol: Honestly the Free Will slider might as well be called the Stupidity slider. Asylums are a nightmare. :spin:

Here's 7.13 Use Proxy!
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

DV is completely overrun, I know :rotfl: I really should have moved them a lot sooner. In-game I've actually played up to the Gen. 8 heir poll and moved them back to Isla Paradiso, but I was in a hurry to play ahead before I moved overseas and I honestly might change my mind by the time I get back to my PC (which might be in 7 months or 19 months). :P Basically my plans are a mess at this point haha.
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Oh gosh can you imagine?? :lol: It's a fresh copy thankfully, aaaaaand I may have taken the kiddos to university in between (I won't spoil any more!) so no worries on that front. When I started this legacy I totally had it in my head that I was going to complete the whole thing on the original lot in Sunset Valley. Now if I ever do another legacy, I'm vowing to change neighbourhoods at LEAST once per generation. :haha:
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Well, it might get tedious if I had played this legacy within a normal legacy time frame... but usually by the time I go in to rebuild, it's been a year or two since I played the previous generation and I have all kinds of energy. :P I think this current house took me upwards of 36 hours in actual game time to build from start to finish, but I was so Sims deprived at the time that I could have kept going forever. THAT SAID I'm hoping by the time I can play again, I can blast through Gen 8 and 9 without too much delay (mainly because I'd like to be finished this thing before it turns 10 in 2022 :rotfl: ).
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I have to change worlds at least once or every two generations because the Old People Dying and Young People Not Breeding usually kills the whole hood. Or the Townies start whining about how there's no where to live and I have to go play Hunt and Peck in Edit Town mode to find what Townie married who and where they are, who I can evict to give them a house, it's annoying. Anyway, Ontario is still a hot zone for COVID-19 so you're probably better off waiting it out in Korea where the numbers are A LOT lower than here and in the Biohazard of America down south too. Just caught up by the way, nice to see some gen 8 babies finally coming around and throwbacks to the beginning with skin tones. I'll be looking for the next one.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Spoiler:
The Young People Not Breeding is the biggest offender!! And so silly, like I see y'all flirting and moving in together and adopting puppies and kittens out there and you're telling me you can't produce a few offspring? (Not that I can talk... :rotfl:) NRaaS Story Progression is a lifesaver in a lot of ways but it does nothing to stop the incest. >.<

And you're right about the COVID thing - I appreciate your advice! :heart: Ironically most of my friends and family back home have told me I should stay, whereas a lot of my friends here have decided to go home in March. It's tricky because I'd stay until next July no question, but contracts are March to March so it's either another 7 months or another 19 lol. We'll see what happens in the next little while I guess. Anyway, glad you got caught up! :D
Image Image Image
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

No kidding! :rotfl: TS3 is definitely the buggiest game, but most of us who play it know what we're getting into (and still love to complain about it). I guess the trade-off for limitless customization is limitless ways for things to get effed up? Idk, I still love it. :lol: And I'm not exaggerating when I say it's improved my patience like tenfold.

Thank you! I didn't end up having to commit to anything this week, which is a relief. But we'll see what happens. :)

Oh, also! 7.14 Insufficient Storage is here!
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.14 POSTED (July 28th)

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I have the NRAAS Story Progression too, and it STILL happens. Old People Dying, Young People Not Breeding. Or they get married then whine endlessly in my notifs that they have no homes. I put down homes from the library, game says they're uninhabitable because they have no kitchen or bathrooms THEY DO SO!! But game says nope, not there lalala! *fingers in ears* Or it won't let my put down new houses on the big lots because they just "disappear" from the EDIT TOWN mode. Then I usually know it's time to abandon hood-ship for sunnier shores or greener pastures. It's hitting my OWBC hard now. I DON'T WANNA MOVE!! But...before generation 3 grows up I'll have to do it and generation 4 will be in a new hood. :cryingeyes: And I have to figure out which extended family member spares I need to NRAAS Porter to the new hood to keep the family connected. I can't abandon Orlando's sisters and their families...I miss my girls. I can't go yet though, Prentice doesn't have a spouse for the heir poll. Which I also have to do soon so I'll be wondering how you'll set up yours for the SEVEN gen eight kids. Anyway, I can't think of the last time I got Sims 3 quads without cheating it all the way up to 1000% possibility of quads with the Fertility LTH perk on both of them. The apple/watermelon thing stopped working for me too so I can't influence genders anymore, my fairies can no longer use "Bloom" magic on plants the option is gone. They have maxed Fairy Magic skill too. Still don't know why and it annoys me. All of us Sims 3 players know that it's unplayable without mods like NRAAS and EA has dumped Sims 3 for Sims 4 and will probably dump Sims 4 for Sims 5 in the next year or so since it's about the usual time that they do that. Sims 4 is now 6 years old and that's ancient in their eyes. Anyway rant over.
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

Spoiler:
I also have issues with story progression, even with NRAAS. I love 3, but it's a beautiful, overly ambitious mess. Like you said, limitless customization means limitless bugs! Still, I'm really enjoying your legacy. :) (Still catching up though!)
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Ani:
Spoiler:
The kitchens and bathrooms thing drives me crazy! I'm like, I built that house, I know they're there!! Lots disappearing sounds like a whole mess though. I hope your OWBC move goes smoothly!

You know, I'm actually not sure if the apples and watermelons thing still works for me. Chances are it did with the quads because she started with a boy, ate watermelons and ended up with a boy and three girls, but I guess I can't really know. :P You're so right though - I always say TS3 has been a completely player-supported game from the beginning, and without all the badass modders and troubleshooters in the fandom we all would've stopped playing long ago. EA never did anything to smooth over the bumps, they left it all to us. I guess that's kind of their thing though. :eyeroll:
Marnie:
Spoiler:
"Beautiful, overly ambitious mess" - so accurate, and why do I feel like this is why we identify so much with the game?? I mean personally, that's a pretty good description of my creative projects (and my life at times). :lol: Anyway, thanks so much! Take your time. :)
nooboostar:
Spoiler:
It is a shame! I know it's kept a lot of people from playing, and it certainly kept me from playing before I had a PC waaaaay above the recommended specs. (Not that that even solves all the problems - I just get bugs in HD now :spin: ) It's a trade-off we're willing to accept I guess, but I also don't blame anyone who DOESN'T accept it. :rotfl: I would be kinda thrilled if TS5 were to bring back some TS3 features, but who knows. Maybe fans will create a knock-off TS3 remake somewhere down the road. :P

TOO EVENTFUL. :pan: I'm actually still stumped on lobster baby - my mind jumped to Quinn at first before remembering he's not Siesta's father. :dunce: Honestly someone had to be on the rainbow slider (Frieda maybe?) or maybe one of the O'Connells is on the light end of a red slider? Idk lol. Usually the readers tell me how genetics work. :lol:
Image Image Image
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I'm behind on commenting and the reason is: LIFE. That's it. That's the excuse. :roll: Anyway, are you still in South Korea? I hope you and your friends and coworkers (and family and friends back home) are all staying safe and healthy! Thank you for continuing to update because getting caught up was a marvelous, gut-busting experience. Your family consistently cracks me up and I just love them so much!
Spoiler:
Ahaha, all the kids! In my main legacy, I just finished growing up a generation of an heir, four spares, and their two unwanted - and younger- alien aunts. And the grandfather of the main kids/father of the aliens died while the aliens were babies. :fisty: So my patience is shot and I am guaranteeing next gen will be smaller. I always think raising the cap is a good idea until it's not, haha. I hope you have/had better luck with this crop. I love the variety of skintones you're getting, even if the facial features aren't providing a lot of variety so far. Especially the red!! What the heck? The thing I love about the Langurds is, no matter what else their personality may be, all of their alignments are chaotic (blank) and I respect that. It's entirely too much fun to read and I'm sorry you're away from your sims computer still for a while (I die when I have to go an entire term without playing) but I love that you're keeping us spoiled with chapters. Stay well and I'm looking forward to more!
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Agh, I am terrible! :cry: First things first: I come bearing 7.15 Payload Too Large, a wee baby update. :lol:

nooboostar:
Spoiler:
I am so late on this! Did you get your gaming PC? I run my TS3 game with a good chunk of the Nraas suite - MasterController, StoryProgression, Overwatch, Woohooer, Register, DebugEnabler, Traveler, PortraitPanel... I'm sure I'm missing one or two haha. For me, Overwatch and MC are probably the most useful for catching/fixing errors, but SP keeps the neighbourhood going in some capacity which is such a godsend in TS3 lol. I hear Saver and ErrorTrap are also good for preventing save file corruption. :spin:

Yellow + green = pink?! Dang, I'd be questioning that kid's parentage for sure. :rotfl: You could be right though, honestly! I still haven't solved it - I'm putting it down to a simple mutation at this point, like Katana's golden eyes in Gen. 3 and Kip's weird orange ones in Gen. 7. But there may be an answer out there yet.

Also hope you're staying safe in these crazy times! :heart:
Roxanne:
Spoiler:
If you're behind on commenting then idk what I am at this point. :lol: I am still in South Korea! I've just signed on for a third year here (99% sure it will be my last, so I'll be back home in February 2022). And I am very lucky to say that my friends, my family, and I are currently healthy - I really hope you and yours are also doing well! :heart: Also thank you for continuing to love this silly story!

Gosh, you're so right lol. It's such a power rush filling the house with 3 bajillion Sims, and then suddenly plants are dying and everyone is failing school and your head is on your keyboard and you're fantasizing about the days of a single founder on an empty lot. I have to say things weren't horrible this time around, but there are some kids who slip through the cracks on the documentation side of things (oops). Haha, "chaotic (blank)" is so Langurd and I love it. :D Anyway, still crying about my PC sitting all alone on the other side of the planet, but what can you do. Hope you're keeping well and thanks for commenting! :D
Image Image Image
Nella
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.15 POSTED (Dec 9th)

Post by Nella »

I just finished the first gen, six more to go. But this so crazy good! I think you had the best founder ever.
My Stories:

Spoiler:
ImageImage
Nominations: Best ISBI (Disaster in the Making) - Sim of the Year (Mona Simpson)
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: The Dysfunkshinul Legacy: 7.15 POSTED (Dec 9th)

Post by Taube »

Yours is one of three stories I check periodically for updates of, even when I'm too busy to play or write my own. So I was thrilled to see another new chapter! My circle is all doing well for the most part, although I have some distant family struggling with post-virus complications. And of course, life just kind of like, sucks, but what can you do, haha? Hope you have a wonderful holiday season! :party2:

I am furiously nodding in agreement about filling the house. Even before such a mod existed in Sims 2 days, I had some families abusing the reward that lengthened your life so they could have more and more kids. My completed Sims 2 legacy had--no joke--145 sims born or adopted in game, counting spares' kids - much helped along in later generations by a mod to raise the household cap. It's been a major problem ever since! I get very excited when my sims are having babies and develop amnesia of what it means to raise those babies. :peekaboo:
Spoiler:
We'll miss Riza. I love that she left and immediately evolved as a person. Langurd good influence in effect!!

Oh geez, Dusty's got that thousand-yard stare.

I :heart: :heart: :heart: Pete and Dudley. Pete's "accent" (?) makes me laugh so hard.

Lev is a very involved mayor, haha. Hopefully she sends help.

"But we already have SO MUCH BREAD" sent me.

Acara's faces in the pool!!!

Salute to Crash for apparently laboring right up until his death.

That family tree, holy cow!

Siesta's pep talk for Dudley was really funny. I like that she thinks of herself as a "cool RoboMom."

The quads are AMAZING!!! I love them. Look at all those genetics all jumbled up with a splash of red at the end for no apparent reason. Can't wait to get to know them better. They kinda look like some new band of X-Men when they're all together.

Great update! Have fun with another year in Korea, and please keep updating when you can!

Return to “Sims 3 Completed Stories”