The Baker's Joy - Updated 3/28/24

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

The Baker's Joy - Updated 3/28/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

This is the landing page for my Joy of Life Legacy Challenge which is part of my larger Achievement Challenge. I had seen some simmers do this one on YouTube/Twitch as Let's Plays and thought it looked fun. This challenge does use some mods which I may or may not incorporate depending on the mod. You can see the official challenge rules here.

Overview & Succession Laws
Generation One: Week 1 - Winter
Generation One: Week 2 - Spring
Generation One: Weeks 3 & 4 - Summer
Generation One: Week 5 - Fall Part 1 - NEW
Generation One: Week 5 - Fall Part 2 - NEW
Last edited by Designergirl81 on March 28th, 2024, 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Baker's Joy

Post by ciyrose »

Oh boy, I don't know this challenge, so I'm excited to see what it's all about!
Spoiler:
Week 1: That cupcake maker mod makes so much sense! The blind date thing is cute! Hey, not a bad blind date at all! The table looks so good with all those baked good. Ooops about the door! Awww, a little baby girl! What a fun start!
Great job so far, this seems like it will be a fun challenge!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: August 9th, 2023, 5:19 pm Oh boy, I don't know this challenge, so I'm excited to see what it's all about!
Spoiler:
Week 1: That cupcake maker mod makes so much sense! The blind date thing is cute! Hey, not a bad blind date at all! The table looks so good with all those baked good. Ooops about the door! Awww, a little baby girl! What a fun start!
Great job so far, this seems like it will be a fun challenge!
Thanks for reading and providing comments. I am glad you enjoyed the start of the legacy.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Here is chapter 2 of the Joy of Life legacy with Beatrix Baker.
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

I'm 100% into this story after I saw baking and the little family drama had hooked!
The extra expansion look so much fun in this game! I've been out of the loop for awhile.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Another one caught up~
Spoiler:
Beatrix is so pretty! I had to saay that lol and it already looks like Bethany is gonna be super adorable too.
I'm glad that things are better with Peter now, I thought for a second that he was just gonna walk out on them and never come back! They make a realyl cute couple and very cute kids too
The chef's hustle pack looks very fun lol maybe I'll look into buying it soon too, I really want the waffle maker lol! Beatrix is doing great with all of her goals!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

Thanks Bouncer and Salem for the comments. Glad you are both enjoying this legacy so far.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Oh boy, week 2.
Spoiler:
The new SP really is such a perfect addition with this challenge. Ha, well who needs other furniture? Yay for being able to make cupcakes in the oven without a mod now...boo about the fire. The new stand is really cute. I love it already! Bethany is super cute, and Sunny is a good infant trait. I love the little raspberry onesie on Bethany! That photo is adorable of the two of them! Oh boy, I wondered if that love day romp would cause another nooboo to be on the way, I guess it did. Awww, yay, good job Peter! I'm happy for them. Those markups really make a big difference!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Baker's Joy - Updated 12/15/23

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
love the cat name spatula and children are cute too
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Woo, can't wait to see how the next 2 weeks go!
Spoiler:
Awww, I love the decorations for the birthday! I think it's super fun! There were so many other pregnancy bellies at the party! You will have a ton of kids this next round or 2. Interesting about the aliens. I think the achievements are still rather broken, but hey, eventually I'm sure you'll meet more aliens. :) Oh my goodness, look at the little chef!!! That is so cute! Oh boy, poor Benjamin having a sister who, so far, doesn't like him. Hopefully, that will change. That cake does look really good. Joksters comes up SO MUCH, so I don't blame you for not saying yes. Spatula is such a cute name for a kitty in the sims!!! Love it, perfect for this family. Yeah, I get why they don't build baking, since some of it is base game, and baking isn't a base game skill, but still!! You bake a cake! Yay for a third baby, AND an engagement. I love this little family. Another boy, all right, well Bethany will be a great heiress I think. All the kids are super cute here. What a lovely wedding too.
A fun update!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: February 21st, 2024, 4:48 pm Woo, can't wait to see how the next 2 weeks go!
Spoiler:
Awww, I love the decorations for the birthday! I think it's super fun! There were so many other pregnancy bellies at the party! You will have a ton of kids this next round or 2. Interesting about the aliens. I think the achievements are still rather broken, but hey, eventually I'm sure you'll meet more aliens. :) Oh my goodness, look at the little chef!!! That is so cute! Oh boy, poor Benjamin having a sister who, so far, doesn't like him. Hopefully, that will change. That cake does look really good. Joksters comes up SO MUCH, so I don't blame you for not saying yes. Spatula is such a cute name for a kitty in the sims!!! Love it, perfect for this family. Yeah, I get why they don't build baking, since some of it is base game, and baking isn't a base game skill, but still!! You bake a cake! Yay for a third baby, AND an engagement. I love this little family. Another boy, all right, well Bethany will be a great heiress I think. All the kids are super cute here. What a lovely wedding too.
A fun update!
Thanks for reading and the lovely comments. Always appreciate hearing your thoughts on the chapters.
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Baker's Joy - Updated 3/28/24

Post by ciyrose »

Yay for more of these guys, another of my favorites!
Spoiler:
Fall 1: Poor Cole, wanting to move in with Beatrix, definitely not a good idea. That new party kit would probably be great for all these parties you have to throw. I love that bed that Benjamine got, I need to use that bed more often. Poor Benjamin with the soup kitchen. At least Bethany had a good outcome. I love the different views on the waffles, too much fun. OMG, I love the big panda wall decal for the party!

Fall 2: I love the hopscotch and marbles, I haven't used them much, cause I haven't played much since we got them, but I look forward to adding them in a few places. I should do more with the midlife crisis stuff. It's kind of fun. Bethany is very pretty as a teen, I agree. I look forward to following her next gen. Ok, I just have to laugh at this, every time I glance at a picture of Bethany, the barrettes in her hair make me think she has pointed ears that are sticking through the hair. Awww, the prom date is cute, and sad about the cuddle carts. Good for Bethany, you just do it yourself girl! Awww, poor Brandon, you were going to have a special birthday and everything!

As for your question about switching or timing. As you get further into the hood your generations are going to likely end up not being fully aligned. There are so many things that can throw it off from how many kids you have, who is heir, do you need a poll, when you have the kids, etc. For example, my MySims challenge kids will just be getting their Gen 2 heir poll during the current season even though multiple other families have already started Gen 2 this season. So I don't think you need to worry too much about that unless there is a rule you want to follow about it for yourself, like them needing to be a YA to take over. I am waiting to switch until their first full week of being a YA just for my own sanity's sake. So, for instance, Ginger grew into a YA shortly before the first week ended, while Wintson on the other hand grew up to YA on the 2nd or 3rd day of the first week, but I just kept the original generations rules until the start of the second week. I COULD have switched right away, but it's just easier to keep track this way for me, and it doesn't mean I can't start on the next gens goals, I just keep the "rules" (so like my Random legacy will switch to the 'new' misc fun once I official "switch" to the next-gen). Hopefully, that gives you some ideas of how at least I do it. It's something I may even end up changing later, but I fully expect a lot of my families to end up in different generations the further I go.
Great updates as always!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Baker's Joy - Updated 3/28/24

Post by Designergirl81 »

ciyrose wrote: April 11th, 2024, 3:37 pm Yay for more of these guys, another of my favorites!
Spoiler:
Fall 1: Poor Cole, wanting to move in with Beatrix, definitely not a good idea. That new party kit would probably be great for all these parties you have to throw. I love that bed that Benjamine got, I need to use that bed more often. Poor Benjamin with the soup kitchen. At least Bethany had a good outcome. I love the different views on the waffles, too much fun. OMG, I love the big panda wall decal for the party!

Fall 2: I love the hopscotch and marbles, I haven't used them much, cause I haven't played much since we got them, but I look forward to adding them in a few places. I should do more with the midlife crisis stuff. It's kind of fun. Bethany is very pretty as a teen, I agree. I look forward to following her next gen. Ok, I just have to laugh at this, every time I glance at a picture of Bethany, the barrettes in her hair make me think she has pointed ears that are sticking through the hair. Awww, the prom date is cute, and sad about the cuddle carts. Good for Bethany, you just do it yourself girl! Awww, poor Brandon, you were going to have a special birthday and everything!

As for your question about switching or timing. As you get further into the hood your generations are going to likely end up not being fully aligned. There are so many things that can throw it off from how many kids you have, who is heir, do you need a poll, when you have the kids, etc. For example, my MySims challenge kids will just be getting their Gen 2 heir poll during the current season even though multiple other families have already started Gen 2 this season. So I don't think you need to worry too much about that unless there is a rule you want to follow about it for yourself, like them needing to be a YA to take over. I am waiting to switch until their first full week of being a YA just for my own sanity's sake. So, for instance, Ginger grew into a YA shortly before the first week ended, while Wintson on the other hand grew up to YA on the 2nd or 3rd day of the first week, but I just kept the original generations rules until the start of the second week. I COULD have switched right away, but it's just easier to keep track this way for me, and it doesn't mean I can't start on the next gens goals, I just keep the "rules" (so like my Random legacy will switch to the 'new' misc fun once I official "switch" to the next-gen). Hopefully, that gives you some ideas of how at least I do it. It's something I may even end up changing later, but I fully expect a lot of my families to end up in different generations the further I go.
Great updates as always!
Thanks for reading. They are one of my favorite families too.
Spoiler:
I feel like some of the recent packs have been made specifically for this challenge. First the Home Chef Hustle pack was perfect for Beatrix as she was able to set up her market stall and have bake sales. Now the new party kit will be great for throwing future birthday parties. I will have to go all out for Bethany's YA party. Thanks for the advice regarding when to switch generations. I took note when you said "I just kept the original generations rules until the start of the second week". For some reason I had it in my head that if I started the two weeks with Gen 1 then I need to finish the two weeks with Gen 1. But after I read that I realized I could start the next rotation with Gen 1, let Beatrix finish maxing her baking skill, and then in Week 2 have Bethany officially take over as heir. I was really struggling with how to drag out a full two weeks with Gen 1 but your suggestion is perfect.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”