The Ghibli Legacy: 2.30&2.31 (7/30/21)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

The Ghibli Legacy: 2.30&2.31 (7/30/21)

Post by Livvielove »

Well I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be here...
I'm not a big Sims 4 player, but I'm attempting a Legacy for the challenge and the fame! No story here, just some fun goofing off, pictures, and 10 generations of pure, beautiful, pink-haired, pink-eyed children! The theme of my legacy is characters from Ghibli movies to add an extra layer of fun!
Slight disclaimer: I have a potty mouth. I use it sometimes. Like when I'm speaking.
Generation One: Generation Two:
Spoiler:
[Howl's Moving Castle]
2.00 - Lettie Ghibli
2.01 - Master Kisser
2.02 - Twins Stick Together
2.03 - Just Bitten By You
2.04 - Near Death Experiences
2.05 - Dork Parade
2.06 - The Day I Almost Disowned Someone
2.07 - Kaonashi
2.08 - The Gooey Chapter
2.09 - Clean Up in Aisle Relationships
2.10 - The Kiss of Death
2.11 - When I Bought More After Saying I Wouldn't
2.12 - Finally Hitting Third
2.13 - I'd Go Anywhere With You
2.14 - A Little Love to Go Around
2.15 - Goodbye Loves
2.16 - The Best Dork
2.17 - A Beautiful Wedding
2.18 - The First Holiday
2.19 - The Best Babysitter for a Date
2.20 - Spooky Party Madness
2.21 - The Chapter With Too Much Inspiration
2.22 - A Lost Cause Boy
2.23 - The Grump of Winterfest
2.24 - The First Teenager of Ten
2.25 - House Update From Hell
2.26 - I'm a Stalker Not a Fighter
2.27 - Who Are You Again?
2.28 - Nice to Meet Ya Again
2.29 - I'M the Monster
2.30 - Martha the Disney Princess Applicant
2.31 - When Time Slowed Down... Like A Lot
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.01 (6/28/18)

Post by Livvielove »

Got the first two chapters up!

1.00 Haru Ghibli

1.01 Keeping Score
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.02 (6/29/18)

Post by Livvielove »

Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Oooo! I'm going to read this tomorrow when I'm more awake!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Ooh! I hope you like it, I'm REALLY having fun, even though I'm not very good at the sims 4 yet, lol!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

okay, hang with me. I'm commenting as I read lol
Spoiler:
Get used to them being on their phone. It happens a lot. One of the mods I have has an option to disable that, so it's not a problem. But before I got that, it was a problem for me in my apoco challenge lol >.<

When hunting meeting potential spouses, try hopping from neighborhood to neighborhood. The game only spawns a certain number of townies at once, so if you don't find someone you like, try a different neighborhood and new sims should pop up. :thup:

:censored: RUDE! Now I just lost the game! I'll have to be careful with you... :evil:

haaaaaaa! I love that everyone was sitting on her bed! :lol:

I married the librarian in my first generation of my Wilde Legacy! She was the only YA I could find that I liked lol 8-)

I hate wedding events. They never work for me. Did you hire a caterer? They should make a wedding cake for you. Though I typically make my own and add a wedding topper and bring it with me lol then I don't have to worry about waiting to see if the caterer is actually going to make it. Also, pro-tip: To save on making birthday cakes for every birthday, if you make one and the sim blows out the candles, put candles back on it immediately before anyone takes a slice. Then if you go into build mode and put it in the household inventory it won't spoil and it'll be ready for the next birthday when you need it. Food doesn't expire in the household inventory in build mode. lolololol :drinks:

Your score sheet is AMAZING! I love it! I would totally use that if I was playing a strict traditional legacy! As it is, I tweaked the one I'm using for my Ugly Prettacy.

Yay for babies!

Whims: Some of them are based on your sims current mood. The others correspond to an activity they did recently (so if Haru was interacting with Erick, more interactions with Erick will appear.) They also correspond with your current aspiration. So if you have a romance aspiration, you'll get more romantic whim. If you have a fortune aspiration you'll get more money-related whims. It's not an exact science, but on the whole whims are dumb and I just ignore them. Which is why I want to try a Whimacy. I'm sure I would suck at it but it would be a challenge lol :rotfl: Also, side note: If you see a whim that you want to complete, you can pin it so it doesn't disappear. Just hover over the thought bubble and then click the push-pin icon :)

With the whole UI thing, I leave it on but usually take my general pic in TAB mode because it doesn't capture it. But when all those "aspiration complete" things flash on the screen, it'll still capture the UI

And finally, Congrats on the baby and promotion! :party:
Whew! That was a lot! Can't wait for more! And if you have any Sims 4 questions, just let me know!

Ongoing:
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.03 (7/3/18)

Post by Livvielove »

:bounce: Heheeee!

@Mojot89
Spoiler:
Thank you SO much! Any advice you have is desired and appreciated. I'm SO noobish at this game it HURTS sometimes compared to how I am with my favored counterpart (3) but it's still so much fun for me! Anyways, in regards to YOUR comment:

I wish I would've known that, lol! Haru only ever went to the same library and gym in Willow Creek! That actually makes a lot of sense though why it took so long, though I don't regret it. Erick is a catch and I got SUPER lucky for the start of my legacy. SHOOT I just lost the game again! :fisty: MAYBE one day we'll break this chain!

:highfive: yes, librarian-spouses-in-arms! It's useful, and someone had told me at the time that we couldn't marry townies for the spouses?? I checked the rules and didn't see that, but they also don't include a lot of things IN their rules which I find annoying (meaning from the challenge website). It actually doesn't even TECHNICALLY say that you HAVE to wait until birthdays to age children up (though they detailed it in a comment by someone way deep in... but seriously if it's a rule, include it with the rules!) :fisty: I'm opinionated!

SERIOUSLY? You mean I DON'T have to remake all those cakes?! Holy SHIT! That's fantastic! Now it makes me wish I could have a LEGACY CAKE
that lasts me the ENTIRE 10 generations...
Well maybe not, knowing me I'd make it to gen 6 with the cake and some greedy sim would EAT IT before I could candle it again! :fisty:

Thank you! I kind of got carried away. It was supposed to be just for parties but I thought "while I'm here..." I have the printout version of the Legacy Challenge score sheet but I just... can't bring myself to mark in it (mostly because it's missing things I want to keep track of... LIKE parties).

Agreed on the Whims! I mostly forget about them until it's been a few days, then I go "Oh right!" work on a few of them, then lock in a few more and forget about them again. That seems to be my norm. XD

You know that was my plan - take pictures in tab mode and leave UI on... but I think I ended up derailing from that so... UI will be a common featurette. XD

Thank you so SO much for reading! It's much appreciated. I'm fumbling a lot, but it's fun!
I got another one! 1.03 - The First Toddler
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Yay!!
Spoiler:
I wish someone had told me about the cake thing when I first started. It would have saved me LOTS of money! :lol:

Heeehee so many times my sims have had entire conversations with a door between them #simlogic

Pro Tip: The fire alarm is useless. There are no firefighters in TS4. So the alarm is a waste of money. I would spend that money on a sprinkler system instead (located where you get the fire alarm) That way if something happens and you can't get to extinguish it, the sprinklers will put it out.

Howl is ADORABLE! :hearts:

I love how parents can get frustrated by their toddlers. It's so life like lol :rotfl:
Great chapter! :applause:

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
bookloverblue
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by bookloverblue »

LOVE this so far!

Do you have a Gallery download of Mr. Mutton Chops available, perchance? He is so nerdily handsome.

Side note - when I saw Katrina Caliente sat at the Library computer, I thought "Oh my God - this is happening in the Miskin universe!"
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.04 (7/4/18)

Post by Livvielove »

@mojot89
Spoiler:
Hilariously I remembered the fire alarm was useless, I just forgot about the sprinklers... lol! Also I think they were really broke at the time, so that didn't help.
Oh my gosh I actually ran into this toddler parent frustration later and was laughing so hard! I think it was when I was spamming "ask why" and the parents were having NONE of it, lol! It's great!
Thank you so much!
@bookloverblue

Thank you, thank you! I can absolutely put him up on the gallery, uhh let me do that now so I can tell you what I tag him under. He'll be under Erick Ghibli... I don't know how to do "clean slate" versions of these sims... uhh I used him as a base for another sim when I was play testing and all of his skills transferred?
('scuse me while my noobery shows).
Anyways booting up the game now so I don't forget and...ok so I put him up on the Gallery but I swear I have 0 idea what I'm doing so I probably didn't do it right. He doesn't have CC but the game recognizes him to have CC (from the default replacement eyes, I'd guess). I'm Livvielovesims and he's Erick Ghibli; all he needs is parenthood! Have at him!

Anyways, one more chapter up! 1.04 - Haru's Revenge
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.04 (7/4/18)

Post by Mojo »

Spoiler:
Love Haru's New (not so new? Since you kinda already showed us this?) look!

If you really want Erick to have friends, there are usually other sims walking by. In that particular neighborhood, they're usually walking the path behind your lot or fishing by the water in front of your lot. That way you don't have to deal with the loading screens and still make friends. But it looks like Erick has his hands full! :spin:

That no promotion glitch also occurs with kids in school sometimes. It's very sporadic and annoying. :roll:

Well then! Haru is one sim I would not want to cross! Kudos to her for getting revenge on Vlad! :ghost:
Loved it!! :thup:

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.05 (7/6/18)

Post by Livvielove »

@Mojo
Spoiler:
Lol, it took me way too long to finally cave and get CC. :roll: I don't know why I thought I could survive without it. XD

Haha, I do want him to have friends... but I also don't want him to have to MAKE friends, lol. That's where the work comes in. He also isn't complaining about not having friends, so... neither am I! XD

The promotion glitch nearly drove me mad! I was like 'OK I know they ramped up the difficulty for promotions in the Sims 4 from previous iterations, but this seems RIDICULOUS!' and it was. I now regret waiting so long to fix it! :fisty: but we can't win them all.

Haha, I was so mad about Vlad taking from Erick and Haru was just nudging me like:
LET'S BUILD A BOX AND LOCK HIM IN IT. We need the death points anyways!
Who could argue with that logic?
I have another one: 1.05 - Motherhood is Hard
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.06 (7/7/18)

Post by Livvielove »

Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.05 (7/6/18)

Post by Mojo »

Chapter 5:
Spoiler:
I totally agree things break too much! I always try and buy the unbreakable toilet and shower asap so that I don't have to worry about that lol

Poor Haru and Howl! It's rough building a relationship with toddler who says no all the time...

Also, do you have Get to Work? If you send her to the hospital to have her babies and it fills all her need bars. Is that cheating? Maybe. But I use it all the time lol :haha:

Oh I can't wait to see what kind of trouble Sophie gave you! (which will happen immediately since you posted the next chapter while I was writing this lol)

Chapter 6:
Spoiler:
Yeah, I tried the high chair too hoping it wouldn't be as annoying as the ones in TS3. I was wrong. They're worse. I never buy them anymore.

The advice things get annoying after a while lol. It's to the point where in some of my saves, I'll just pick an option without looking because I just. don't. care. anymore. lol

You actually taught me something! I didn't know you could tell children about pregnancies lol! Good to know!

The teen phases are the best! They way the mope around the house is hilarious! And my favorite child phase is the bear phase!

Can't wait for more!

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.06 & 1.07 (7/7/18)

Post by Livvielove »

@Mojo -
Spoiler:
I DO have Get to Work, but when I did a Hospital Birth (even before I heard about the trick) it didn't actually fill up her needs!

You know I was really hoping for some high-chair cuteness and had *no* idea that tots could be that fussy! I play-tested on 3 toddlers prior to Howl, and ALL OF THEM did just fine with the high chair, I had 0 idea that it was even possible, so needless to say that was a miserable first encounter thanks to Sophie.

Woohoo! I'm learning enough to possibly be useful in offering advice to someone else! :bounce:

The problems I have with the advice is the sacrifices. I'm trying to get all of the positive traits on my kids and it's SO hard to get some of those traits up! I'm hoping this will get easier with time, but it feels like so much juggling! I'm well into two teens (almost all teens) and I love how dynamic they are so far!

Thank you so much for all the positive comments and advice! It's really helping me stay invested. I've been trying so hard to get out all the backlog I have so I can resume playing this family!
Speaking of... Another chapter 1.07 - Way More Explanation Than You Needed, and the title is right on point today. XD
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I can get all five positive traits but I cancel all advice actions in order to do it. It felt like I had to have the parents avoid the kids to get five positive traits. Which I hated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

I'm starting to feel that way too, Teresa, though honestly I just have no idea how to raise "Conflict Resolution" for teens without starting some big fight (thus lowering it). I finally figured out how to work on Emotional Control (which took we way too long for Howl and Sophie to likely get those traits). Manners feels STUPID easy to raise, along with responsibility (just doing their homework every night seems to max that sucker out)... Empathy is... challenging but if you've got a few days/evenings you can dedicate to volunteering it's not too bad.
Emotional Control is NOW easier that I realize I can just use "Unwind to music" and take them for jogs or writing in a notebook, but the Conflict Resolution for teens is near impossible! Children can "learn to say sorry" which I'm starting to do now with the ones who are STILL children, but it still seems so small in comparison.
I don't know how to avoid the ask once it's up, but do you cancel the interaction when you see it happening? I like that they ask for advice but at the same point I hate that it's so hard to raise/lower these traits. I honestly might look into a mod because it's no fun for me to parent and get those traits if that's the only way I can!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Spoiler:
Twins! Well have fun with that! Ironically, the game seems to sense when you only want one and has a way of sending you multiples instead. Same thing happened in my Apocalypse challenge lol

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

The method I used is to have the the parent teach the children the two that they have the option to teach: Please and Thank You (Manners) and Sorry (Conflict Resolution). Then as teens I have them work on Empathy by spending one weekend day doing back to back volunteering (5-6 in row gets them in the range). Emotional control gains by jogging after school each day - I had better luck with that over unwinding to music. Responsibility just comes naturally. But then I monitored all communication with their parents and canceled every advice action. Nothing you do to the toddlers makes much headway unless you want the negative values - those start early and get a good build - bad manners is easy by using burping and farting and it is hilarious to watch toddlers. ;) And negative emotional control is fun to watch as they grow up. But I never could live with negative responsibility or the other negative ones. 8-)
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 1.08 (7/9/18)

Post by Livvielove »

Thanks Mojo! I'm going to need it!
Spoiler:
I also noted you had a similar issue with the twin drop, lol, it seems the game is out to get us! :shifty:
Thank you so, so much Teresa! I love all this information, I can add it to my arsenal of things. I probably will start canceling advice, because I find it to be a bit tedious anyways. :roll:

Anyways, I got another chapter up, and I'm almost caught up to my in-game stuff! 1.08 - The Twin Terrors

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”