The Ghibli Legacy: 2.30&2.31 (7/30/21)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 2.19-2.21 (12/17/18)

Post by Mojo »

Yay!! More Ghibli!! I love it!!
Spoiler:
How many of the 10 kids are going to be biological?

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 2.19-2.21 (12/17/18)

Post by Livvielove »

Thank you!
Spoiler:
I'm aiming to start at about 4-5 adopted kids and go until they have an heir, then swap back to adoption! :yes: I have 7 sims currently and I'm not sure I'm ready to fill up the 8th spot with a kid just yet... but I also don't want there to be a massive gap between the kids either, so I'm kind of mulling over what I want to do about that. Not to mention I've got Martha hanging around with Shira... and when he grows up I might try and move her out...
but that's only if I find her a love story. I'll feel better moving her out when she's happy and ready... and when I milk lots of points from her.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 2.22 (12/21/18)

Post by Livvielove »

A little bit shorter this time, but in theory I should have enough time to play and get enough pictures for the Christmas holiday to fall around Christmas time!

I'm deeply satisfied by this turn of events. Anyways, here ya go!

2.22 - A Lost Cause Boy
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I dont mind that this generation is long! I love Lettie and Caleb so I dont even notice the passage of time lol

Ongoing:
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Same here. Lettie and Caleb are awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 2.23 (12/26/18)

Post by Livvielove »

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Haha, it's probably going to be a decent stint more.
Meanwhile I finally finished Winterfest for them:
2.23 - The Grump of Winterfest

Warning: I'm a grump in it. Grumpgrumpgrump.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 2.23 (12/26/18)

Post by Teresa »

:christmas: :dizzy:
Spoiler:
no kidding, it took Merry's toddlers several years to figure out how to get presents from Father Winter
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 2.24(12/27/18)

Post by Livvielove »

I probably would've failed that holiday if it wasn't for your help on Discord, Teresa!

Anywho, I've got one more: 2.24 - The First Teenager of Ten
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 2.24 (12/27/18)

Post by Teresa »

Glad it worked out for you :)
:heartbeat: Yuma looking all fresh and pretty
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I finally read all the updates! You make me want to buy the vampires pack and do a vampire legacy...
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I can second that - not the vampire legacy, but definitely made me more willing to play with the vampires. :)
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

All caught up on my Ghibli!!

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: The Ghibli Legacy: 2.25 (2/18/19)

Post by Livvielove »

Hey everyone! I'm ALIVE! Also starting up my related Bachelorette Challenge. ;)

Long time no see! 2.25 - House Update From Hell
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I love the new house! And I'm really excited that you're doing Spirited Away for this generation because it's one of the two Studio Ghibli movies I've seen so I'll actually sort of recognize the character names! :) All that to say I'm excited to see if SimHaku ends up being close to movieHaku.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

For the collectables that are "locked" there are work-arounds in the game.

Sugar Skulls: If you leave a sugar skull offering on any grave, it will summon a Day of the Dead celebrator. You can then befriend them and ask for a skull. There is a special shelving unit for these

Magic Beans: Can be found in some seed packets. (I found one in a packet left by the harvestfest gnomes, but you can EASILY find them in the rare seed packets) For this one, you'll have to get the Magic PlantSim Stump from the debug menu.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to get the posters without the challenge. :(

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Sometimes transforming objects with the simray will transform an item into one of the special items. I have obtained the beans and other items that way. It isn't reliable but it is possible.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Oh! I just thought of something you could do for the motivational posters. You could "unofficially" complete the aspiration. Like do all the stuff you're supposed to do for the aspiration, but you'll have to manually keep track of your progress. And then reward yourself manually with the posters from buy debug

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

So I'm binging these when I should be making a Powerpoint, and I'm up to 2.23. I love this family! They're all gorgeous and interesting, and I don't know that I've seen someone both be so serious about points/rules and so...informal? fun? about the actual play/story. It's a nice combination. I'll comment more but after reading your winter woes, I wanted to point out some mods in case you haven't seen them yet:
Spoiler:
These are from LittleMsSam, who is a wonderful, productive, and responsive modder. The ones in this mini mod pack I think you would particularly like are in the Seasons section:
  • Change into Everyday when inside
Sims wearing “Cold” Clothes will change into Everyday Clothes when back inside. It affects Residential Lots as well as Community Lots but it only affects Community Lots that has the new Lot Trait “Change Into Everyday” added.
  • No Present opening Cooldown
“Why do i have to wait three hours until i can open my next Present Mom?”
  • More Costume Options for Wear Costume Holiday
Pirat, Pumpkin, Skeleton, Princess, Holiday Helper for Kids. Fairy, Witch for Teens
  • Lowered Thermostat Costs on Bill
This lowers Costs when Thermostats are active from 125% to 110%.
Anyway, thanks for the link early on to those genetic colorful kids' hairs! I'm excited to play with those. I'll comment more when I finish the last few chapters. This is great! :applause:
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

simsterlyrock wrote:I love the new house! And I'm really excited that you're doing Spirited Away for this generation because it's one of the two Studio Ghibli movies I've seen so I'll actually sort of recognize the character names! :) All that to say I'm excited to see if SimHaku ends up being close to movieHaku.
Haha thank you! Spirited Away is my second or third favorite Ghibli film. It's stunningly gorgeous in the visual department, and definitely deserves the awards and praises it got. Yes the actual recognizable names should be incoming soon, as I tried to pick ones that were more background characters given I had to have 10 kids. I was hoping the more recognizable names could be on the potential heir/heiress!
I'm so excited for Haku to get a bit older... the first baby of my Caleb/Lettie!

mojot89 wrote:For the collectables that are "locked" there are work-arounds in the game.

Sugar Skulls: If you leave a sugar skull offering on any grave, it will summon a Day of the Dead celebrator. You can then befriend them and ask for a skull. There is a special shelving unit for these

Magic Beans: Can be found in some seed packets. (I found one in a packet left by the harvestfest gnomes, but you can EASILY find them in the rare seed packets) For this one, you'll have to get the Magic PlantSim Stump from the debug menu.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a way to get the posters without the challenge. :(
ThANK YOU! YES! I had no idea I could still get them! I mean, I saw the interactions on the grave during the spooky holidays but when I used them nothing happened, so I assumed it was just fragments of the dumb idea to lock off content after a short while for EA.
It's good to know this stuff actually works though. I'll probably save the seeds for the last generation if I remember it, since I want to avoid opening myself up to cheats in this legacy (I used to be an addict, you see, ;) I went cold turkey and haven't really used them since unless I'm doing story stuff in TS3) :lol:

Teresa wrote:Sometimes transforming objects with the simray will transform an item into one of the special items. I have obtained the beans and other items that way. It isn't reliable but it is possible.
Ahhh! I didn't even know all these tricks were here! Thank you so much! I love that I'm a noob to this game because it lets me learn from people who are so comfortable and familiar with the game in the way I am TS3. Thank you so much for offering tips! I really appreciate it!

Taube wrote:So I'm binging these when I should be making a Powerpoint, and I'm up to 2.23. I love this family! They're all gorgeous and interesting, and I don't know that I've seen someone both be so serious about points/rules and so...informal? fun? about the actual play/story. It's a nice combination. I'll comment more but after reading your winter woes, I wanted to point out some mods in case you haven't seen them yet:
Spoiler:
These are from LittleMsSam, who is a wonderful, productive, and responsive modder. The ones in this mini mod pack I think you would particularly like are in the Seasons section:
  • Change into Everyday when inside
Sims wearing “Cold” Clothes will change into Everyday Clothes when back inside. It affects Residential Lots as well as Community Lots but it only affects Community Lots that has the new Lot Trait “Change Into Everyday” added.
  • No Present opening Cooldown
“Why do i have to wait three hours until i can open my next Present Mom?”
  • More Costume Options for Wear Costume Holiday
Pirat, Pumpkin, Skeleton, Princess, Holiday Helper for Kids. Fairy, Witch for Teens
  • Lowered Thermostat Costs on Bill
This lowers Costs when Thermostats are active from 125% to 110%.
Anyway, thanks for the link early on to those genetic colorful kids' hairs! I'm excited to play with those. I'll comment more when I finish the last few chapters. This is great! :applause:
HI! Oh my gooooshhhh thank you so much! I'm so, so glad you like them! They're just my goofy family that I love so much... I had such a problem getting attached to TS4 sims for a long while and this was the first family that "did it" for me. I'm both glad and extremely flattered to be your choice of avoidance of work! A lot of my storytelling comes from the fact that I NORMALLY only ever write story-based. Doing challenged-based is extremely hard for me lol so I end up getting extremely personality-full sims that end up... crossing over into my serious works because what is restraint?
THANK you for the recommendation I'm off to look at them now!
Dumb question, but are these all good for the latest patch (I haven't visited the site yet so that question might get answered for me)? I opened the link, her documentation has me drooling... :hearts: I found a fair few mods that all got wiped by the November patch that changed everything (it's why I broke down and made my own mods for plasma intake and diaper changes). Anywho, this is PERFECT and exactly what I needed! Thank you!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Livvielove wrote:
mojot89 wrote:For the collectables that are "locked" there are work-arounds in the game.

ThANK YOU! YES! I had no idea I could still get them! I mean, I saw the interactions on the grave during the spooky holidays but when I used them nothing happened, so I assumed it was just fragments of the dumb idea to lock off content after a short while for EA.
It's good to know this stuff actually works though. I'll probably save the seeds for the last generation if I remember it, since I want to avoid opening myself up to cheats in this legacy (I used to be an addict, you see, ;) I went cold turkey and haven't really used them since unless I'm doing story stuff in TS3) :lol:
I lied! You don't have to cheat for the seeds! You can buy the magic stump in the outdoor activities section and the buy some of the rare seed packets and you should complete it no problem! Took me about 10 minutes when I tested it out for you lol :rotfl:

Ongoing:

Complete:
Awards:

Spoiler:

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”