Paraneighbours (Rotation 12 - Ariel: 07/03/20)

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Paraneighbours (Rotation 12 - Winchester: 07/01/20)

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Yeah Caleb/Lilith is a thing people ship. I accidentally stumbled upon a tumblr dedicated to them and was kind of horrified.

Magnus is amazing! You should definitely give Diego a heavily tattooed boyfriend! Even his living situation is similar because I've always seen San Myshuno as being kind of like New York.

I love Jeff wearing the university sweater. I can only imagine how embarrassed Poly and Cas are. :lol:

You really should give them another baby. They want one so badly! Of course their dog would watch them have shower woohoo. What's a sims game with out awkward stuff like that happening?

Ah, to begin a bromance with your girlfriend. How romantic!

Jasper's traits are sort of a mess.

Once your sims know aliens, it's kind of non stop abductions from there. Playing the last four generations of my legacy with at least one alien in the household meant nightly abductions. I think it's cuter if it's Polly's mom making sure her girlfriend is is suitable for her daughter.

I'm surprised you got a selfie with the mascot! He hated my sims and kept denying them.

Same! I don't need to go to lectures with my sims. My uni days are thankfully behind me.

Communal showers are yucky. Jasper clearly has the right idea showering in the rain!

I'm impressed by all of your sims getting decent grades in uni! You must be better at handling a multi sim household there than I am. :D
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Paraneighbours (Rotation 12 - Winchester: 07/01/20)

Post by Sam »

:celebration:
Spoiler:
It was really interesting to see how you're making university work with the rotational play, as I haven't figured it out yet. I've got a couple more rotations before I'm ready to send anyone, so seeing how you're making it work is actually super useful. It'll definitely help me sort out how to play uni when I get there! Are you letting them age normally whilst at uni?

Jeff buying the school swag made me laugh, he's such a proud dad :lol: I love that he and Polly get a bro hug! I also didn't know they got notes on the relationship with their parents, that's really cute.

:lol: they really want another baby, bless them!

I love the way you've decorated their dorm rooms :) and the campus is just so pretty! I don't mind the rabbit holes either. I love that Polly is on the soccer team, it's perfect for her :D

I love the bikes so much and I'm so glad we have them, but it can lead to some interesting glitches, like Kirby riding hers straight into the house:
I would love them to patch the bikes for the kids!! That screenshot of Morgyn and the cat is perfect.

Gosh there's so many little things in this pack, like the books & the bandages!

Jasper causing mischief is brilliant :lol: and the keg party looked like fun!
Looking forward to seeing more!! :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Paraneighbours (Rotation 11 - Irving: 12/25/19)

Post by Heather »

Sam wrote:Coming in late...:D
Spoiler:
Irving:
It was so good to see the heist! Along with all of her livestream viewers :lol: Persephone and Aquila are cute together and I look forward to seeing more of Aquila in future updates! Same goes for Persephone, she's a really interesting sim with so many possibilities!

The Vatores:
Love that Death is casually watching TV in the first shot! Love that Lilith's cauldron matches her yellow aesthetic! I think I've settled on green at the moment for Lilith in my game, but I absolutely love her in yellow. I haven't had a cursed sim yet, but I have been making good use of the familiars :D The raven is perfect for Lilith! Also, I love your Caleb makeover! And I absolutely love Morgyn Ember - they seem like the perfect choice for Caleb! I also love that Lilith and Caleb got co-ordinated party looks :D They're really getting into this occult aesthetic! I love your idea as Diego Lobo being a Magnus Bane type warlock, that's brilliant!
Spoiler:
It was really interesting to see how you're making university work with the rotational play, as I haven't figured it out yet. I've got a couple more rotations before I'm ready to send anyone, so seeing how you're making it work is actually super useful. It'll definitely help me sort out how to play uni when I get there! Are you letting them age normally whilst at uni?

Jeff buying the school swag made me laugh, he's such a proud dad :lol: I love that he and Polly get a bro hug! I also didn't know they got notes on the relationship with their parents, that's really cute.

:lol: they really want another baby, bless them!

I love the way you've decorated their dorm rooms :) and the campus is just so pretty! I don't mind the rabbit holes either. I love that Polly is on the soccer team, it's perfect for her :D

I love the bikes so much and I'm so glad we have them, but it can lead to some interesting glitches, like Kirby riding hers straight into the house:
I would love them to patch the bikes for the kids!! That screenshot of Morgyn and the cat is perfect.

Gosh there's so many little things in this pack, like the books & the bandages!

Jasper causing mischief is brilliant :lol: and the keg party looked like fun!
Looking forward to seeing more!! :)
Spoiler:
Irving: I am so excited to explore the new robotics stuff with Persephone, and the photography with Aquila! I've purposefully put off playing those areas in my other saves so that I can experience it with these two for the first time. :) And I'm glad the bank heist was still fun to see, even if it wasn't super action-packed. :lol: I may have to send her back for a future heist, I'd love to move her into a bigger apartment, but she's not quuuuite rich enough for something roomier yet.

Vatores: I love that they let the grim reaper stick around a little bit after he's finished his reaping duties! I think I remember he used to be able to do little things like use the toilet in TS2, but actually being able to have a chat with him is quite fun. I mostly stuck with Lilith's yellow aesthetic because it's not a colour I often dress my sims in, and I figured my game could use a little more variety. :lol: The Vatores are probably some of my favourite premades post-makeover, there's just so many different looks that work for them! I actually love the casual look your Caleb is rocking, too. :) Diego Lobo as the Magnus Bane of San Myshuno just feels right. I actually ended up giving him his own star on the walk of fame, and a lil faerie familair when I did his makeover, too!

Winchester: Glad I can be of service! I've actually debated writing up a post about the best way to set up rotational play in TS4, so maybe I should get around to doing that sometime. :hmm: I've been playing with aging off for uni this generation, mostly because they were my guinea pigs, and I wasn't quite sure how the timing was going to work out. I actually did not decide to play through all of their terms until I finished their first one, and realized that I had to keep going if I wanted to keep their scholarships.

I was disappointed that I didn't see any school sweaters in CAS (besides the embroidered cardigan), and then I spotted the option to buy school sweaters while they were touring the campus, so obviously I had to buy Jeff a proud dad sweater to support his babies. :)

They are by far my most persistent couple. I don't know if I just don't notice the others asking for babies, but I swear every time I look at Jeff & Alec's whims, at least one of them will want to have a baby with the other.

I have only seen one instance of a sim riding their bike in the house so far, and it was Polly riding her bike outside the elevator on graduation day. I gave that a pass, because I figured the elevator just glitched out a little. Honestly, I kind of like the fact that they can ride bikes indoors, I wouldn't be mad if they didn't bother patching that. :lol: The picture of Morgyn biking next to the cat is one of my favourite pictures I have ever taken, it's just so good... Morgyn looking down at the cat, their pink helmet, the cat's lil strut... I was so pleased to have paused at that moment.

I'm just really pleased with this pack so far, and the little details like the books and the bandages are just one of the reasons why.

Thank you! :)
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Yeah Caleb/Lilith is a thing people ship. I accidentally stumbled upon a tumblr dedicated to them and was kind of horrified.

Magnus is amazing! You should definitely give Diego a heavily tattooed boyfriend! Even his living situation is similar because I've always seen San Myshuno as being kind of like New York.

I love Jeff wearing the university sweater. I can only imagine how embarrassed Poly and Cas are. :lol:

You really should give them another baby. They want one so badly! Of course their dog would watch them have shower woohoo. What's a sims game with out awkward stuff like that happening?

Ah, to begin a bromance with your girlfriend. How romantic!

Jasper's traits are sort of a mess.

Once your sims know aliens, it's kind of non stop abductions from there. Playing the last four generations of my legacy with at least one alien in the household meant nightly abductions. I think it's cuter if it's Polly's mom making sure her girlfriend is is suitable for her daughter.

I'm surprised you got a selfie with the mascot! He hated my sims and kept denying them.

Same! I don't need to go to lectures with my sims. My uni days are thankfully behind me.

Communal showers are yucky. Jasper clearly has the right idea showering in the rain!

I'm impressed by all of your sims getting decent grades in uni! You must be better at handling a multi sim household there than I am. :D
Spoiler:
Definitely! I think they based different areas of San Myshuno off of different cities. The spice market has always reminded me a little of downtown Toronto, even though I'm pretty sure that's not what they based it off, haha.

I feel like Polly would be fine with it, because she's such a daddy's girl, but Cas would definitely be embarrassed. :lol:

I'm going to recreate Jeff and Alec in a new save once they hit elderhood, and play them through university as roommates, so maybe in another universe they can finally have a baby together. ;) Rocket is always following at least one of them around, so at this point it's not surprising that he'd follow them into the bathroom (or the bedroom) while they're trying to woohoo. Better than having their kids walk in on them, I guess?

Jasper has become the new Eugene, but less stubborn.

That would definitely explain how/why Morgana got abducted so quickly, and also why the Olsens have the most alien abductions out of everyone. As far as I remember, the Mortis-Rudolf clan has not had a single abduction yet. Even Carlotta's been abducted!

I did not even know that the mascot could deny them a selfie!

I occasionally miss having classes, but most of mine were studio, so it was a couple hours of painting rather than a couple hours of listening to someone talk. :lol: Definitely don't miss the homework or the term projects, though!

Why have just your dorm mates see you junk when you could have the whole campus see your junk? :lol:

Right before I sent them off to university I was playing 6 sims and a dog in a 2-bed, 1 bath apartment, so that definitely gave me some much-needed preparation. Other than that... I guess I am just very good at micro-managing?
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Paraneighbours (Rotation 12 - Olsen: 05/02/20)

Post by Heather »

Rotation 12 is up for the Olsens! Also, I'd like to give a big thank you to whoever nominated my boys for Sweetest Lovebirds this year. :heartbeat:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Finally found time to carry on with this! Starting from Winchester #1 and finishing the first rotation!
Spoiler:
I love the fact that Jeff shows up topless every time he visits...How 'bro' can you get? XD Alec and Jeff are so cute together. I can just hear the constant 'I love you, bro!' Haha! I do agree, the TS2 kiss animation is much better, the First Kiss cinematic was so sweet TBH. I really love the apartment designs, the stone walls work really nice.

Andromeda is so sweet and I love that she has a pet raccoon! She is so cute alongside Miko as well. Lucky it was your girls who got abducted- at least there were no babies! I love the idea of Alec being fearful but also hunting vampires. Vampires? No trouble...but SPIDERS? haha!

That vampire apartment is gorgeous, the colours are so perfect. Carlotta is so pretty, love her sort of vintage femme fatale design. And those eyes are perfect for a vampire! I love that pic where it looks like she's just won a fight with Alec. Good job, 'vampire hunter'. XD Also Alec and Jeff are all-around CUTIES and I will hug them both ;o; I love that you set Carlotta up with Lilith Vatore as well! It'd have been hilarious to create a copy of the Alec Winchester book and then gift it to him, haha!

Isobel the ghost is so pretty, you make such pretty Sims aaa ;o; I love the pic of her cuddling the ghost cat. I love that she ends up fighting Caleb as well. I like your redesign of him...at least she managed to get him after all that effort!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Congratulations on your nomination! I love Jeff and Alec. :)
Spoiler:
Yay Luna and Will! They're so cute. I've finally managed to get some sims through college with good grades, but I haven't gotten a distinguished degree yet. Also, I feel you with the job and playing over writing. Whenever I get time, I just want to play.

It can't be a rotation at the Olsen household without an abduction!

I also can't wait to see Ariel's super ~dramatic~ uni rotation with her special degree.

MFP is not worth $14. It's $10 here, and I don't think it's worth that either. It's a cute pack though. I love when the pets bite them on the nose, I think it's hilarious.

I wish they'd wear the costumes from Get Famous as well. Will and Luna make a cute Romeo and Juliet.

Maybe Camille is into robots! ;) Something to think about for her future.

I really loved seeing all the kids in their costumes! (It feels weird calling them kids when most of them are YAs, but they are still kids since they're the second generation)
[align=center]Image
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

LuckyDuck wrote:Finally found time to carry on with this! Starting from Winchester #1 and finishing the first rotation!
Spoiler:
I love the fact that Jeff shows up topless every time he visits...How 'bro' can you get? XD Alec and Jeff are so cute together. I can just hear the constant 'I love you, bro!' Haha! I do agree, the TS2 kiss animation is much better, the First Kiss cinematic was so sweet TBH. I really love the apartment designs, the stone walls work really nice.

Andromeda is so sweet and I love that she has a pet raccoon! She is so cute alongside Miko as well. Lucky it was your girls who got abducted- at least there were no babies! I love the idea of Alec being fearful but also hunting vampires. Vampires? No trouble...but SPIDERS? haha!

That vampire apartment is gorgeous, the colours are so perfect. Carlotta is so pretty, love her sort of vintage femme fatale design. And those eyes are perfect for a vampire! I love that pic where it looks like she's just won a fight with Alec. Good job, 'vampire hunter'. XD Also Alec and Jeff are all-around CUTIES and I will hug them both ;o; I love that you set Carlotta up with Lilith Vatore as well! It'd have been hilarious to create a copy of the Alec Winchester book and then gift it to him, haha!

Isobel the ghost is so pretty, you make such pretty Sims aaa ;o; I love the pic of her cuddling the ghost cat. I love that she ends up fighting Caleb as well. I like your redesign of him...at least she managed to get him after all that effort!
Spoiler:
I don't think I've ever had a sim spend as much time in their active wear as Jeff does... which means between that and his pjs/undies, he probably spends about 85% of his time shirtless? :lol: And they are, I was so pleased to see that they were nominated for sweetest lovebirds this year, and that they actually managed to win! I particularly miss that one kiss from TS2 where they bumped noses in the beginning, and then one of them finished off the kiss with a little foot pop; that one was particularly cute. The apartments are definitely my favourite to decorate, because I don't have to worry about the exteriors, haha.

The raccoons are adorable, but my my god, Andy's raccoon in particular is so needy. Andy and Miko were probably the most prepared to have a baby at that point, but it was definitely a good thing that I didn't have any surprise pregnancies in the first rotation. I love the idea of alec being sacred of spiders, I imagine him finding one would be like... an hour's worth of "no, you kill the spider, bro!" between him and Jeff. :lol:

Thank you, it was definitely my favourite of the starting apartments! Red/Black/Whit is just such a classic colour combo! Carlotta was a really fun sim to make, but I usually have fun making any hot lady sim. :lol: The picture of alec getting his ass kicked still gives me a little giggle; any time Alec doesn't quite live up to his "dangerous vampire hunter" persona it amuses me. I definitely wish that I had known better, and had made a copy of the book to give to Alec.

Thank you! <3 I wish the features on ghost sims were a little easier to make out in game, I was so pleased with how she looked in CAS, but whenever I load my ghosts into the game I feel like I can barely make our their facial features unless I'm super zoomed in, haha. I definitely needed to have her win Caleb over after I went through the trouble of giving him and his sister a makeover! Plus, I feel like him and Lilith are kind of a package deal? I'd feel bad playing one and not the other.
108sims wrote:Congratulations on your nomination! I love Jeff and Alec. :)
Spoiler:
Yay Luna and Will! They're so cute. I've finally managed to get some sims through college with good grades, but I haven't gotten a distinguished degree yet. Also, I feel you with the job and playing over writing. Whenever I get time, I just want to play.

It can't be a rotation at the Olsen household without an abduction!

I also can't wait to see Ariel's super ~dramatic~ uni rotation with her special degree.

MFP is not worth $14. It's $10 here, and I don't think it's worth that either. It's a cute pack though. I love when the pets bite them on the nose, I think it's hilarious.

I wish they'd wear the costumes from Get Famous as well. Will and Luna make a cute Romeo and Juliet.

Maybe Camille is into robots! ;) Something to think about for her future.

I really loved seeing all the kids in their costumes! (It feels weird calling them kids when most of them are YAs, but they are still kids since they're the second generation)
Spoiler:
Thank you! I was so pleased to see that they not only got nominated, but also won!! My boys!!! :D

They're disgustingly cute, I feel like whenever I check up on them they're doing something sappy together. I'm still trying to figure out how grades are determined - I've had sims do all their homework, take notes in class, submit their papers/presentations, and still bomb the classes. I thiiiink it might also depend on them reaching a certain skill level for each course?

I've lost count of how many abductions they've had at this point... I've even had some of the Olsens get abducted while I was visiting them as another family!

Originally I was just gonna have her tough it out and try to break into acting straight out of high school, but then I saw that she could get a ~distinguished~ degree, and I knew miss fancy pants Ariel absolutely needed to have it. What kinda snob would be be without a ~distinguished~ degree??

I would pay like... $3 for MFP? Honestly, the rodents are really the only good part of the pack; the CAS stuff is straight up garbage, and the furniture is pretty meh, aside from the cool aquarium table.

Again, Spooky stuff is really only worth like, $3 to me. I really only have it because I am a completionist, I definitely think Seasons covers the holidays much better, and you can make pretty decent costumes out of the stuff from other packs.

Imagine a mermaid/servo couple, though. :lol:

It was super fun dressing them all up!
Very late on the comments this time, sorry guys! I held off on doing them in case I got another chapter up last month, but then I ended up procrastinating on that too, lol. I do have another one written though, so I'm hoping to get that one properly published this week. :)

Also, thank you again to those who nominated, and voted for Jeff and Alec in the sweetest lovebirds category this year! It warms my heart to see that their bromance won. :heartbeat:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Paraneighbours (Rotation 12 - Ariel: 07/03/20)

Post by Heather »

Ariel's first uni rotation is now up!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
It's really exciting watching the kids grow up and get their own rotations!

Ariel's apartment is beautiful, love all the pastels! I wouldn't have noticed the dark shadows on the kitchen cabinets if you hadn't pointed them out :lol: I've not had anyone live in the Fashion District yet, but I love that the food stands are different.

Xiomara is really cute! I didn't know roommates could flirt by themselves, that's interesting! I might have to play with that feature more now! I remember the survey, I do hope they're planning something new. Anyway, Xiomara and Ariel are really cute together :)

I love the photo corner on Ariel's desk :heart:
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Ariel is too dignified for the hot dog costume.

My guess would be they forgot to paint it, but I have very little faith in EA, so who knows.

I feel like it fits Ariel to have her bedroom be the largest room in the house.

Xo is a cutie! Ariel definitely got lucky there.

I'm surprised Caleb's actually dressed appropriately!

Wow rude Diego. I guess maybe he realized that Ariel was fabulous too after hearing her sing?

What would an update be without a Carlotta sighting?

At this point I refuse to believe that Felix is actually unflirty.

I've recently had a sim ask another sim to be their girlfriend too! Roommates seem really cool, and I might have to give them a try sometime.
[align=center]Image
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by calientequeen »

It's taken me a solid few hours...but I've finally finished reading everything you've posted here (I literally started yesterday after stumbling upon the Paraverse)

I love them all so much and now I want to try my own rotational neighbours game in ts4!!

p.s. Andy 4 president I love her the most
KatLovesPotatoes
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by KatLovesPotatoes »

Alright, let’s see what this about... sounds interesting.

Edit: Up-to-date, and I love this! It’s so interesting!

Return to “Sims 4 Story Graveyard”