Culpepper Pals (Winter 4 Part 7! Updated 20th March '24)

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Spring 3 Part 4, 15th June 2021)

Post by Anne »

Spoiler:
I love the Culpepper Pals! <3 I started reading the story a few days ago and I'm now up to Autumn 2, but I just wanted to leave a comment right now already. I absolutely adore all the Sims and I love seeing them branch out from the Spice Market to different places, and still remain friends :hug:
I've never played Sims 4 in a rotational way and I now totally want to start doing that too, but I was wondering how you manage the seasons? Do you use a mod or a cheat? That's the only thing that's keeping me from starting a new save with a bunch of fun Sims living in apartments as well, haha. It seems like so much fun!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Spring 3 Part 4, 15th June 2021)

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
Thank you so much! :heart: I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's so much fun to play, and to see how their world grows and changes over time!
I was the same - I was totally inspired by Heather and her Paraneighbours.

As for the seasons, when I started out I had it so that the season ran for 7 days and I would reset it Sunday when I changed household - there's a cheat for this (seasons.set_season X, where X is either 0 for summer, 1 for Fall, 2 for Winter or 3 for Spring), and I think there's also an option on the MCCC to change the season. I use the cheat. Also, now that I've got several households, I have the seasons running for 14 days instead of 7 so I don't have to play the holidays in every single house - that got old pretty quickly! I kept the rotations the same length, so now I sometimes switch household mid-season, or reset if I need to. I hope that all makes sense! Also kind of related, I think it's a good idea to eventually spread your sims out over different worlds, as the same weather several households in a row can get dull!

There's more tips for rotational gameplay here if you're interested :) Hope you have fun if you decide to give rotational play a go, I'd definitely recommend it!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Spring 3 Part 5, 22nd June 2021)

Post by Sam »

u p d a t e !
time to visit the Brows family :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Spring 3 Part 6, 24th June 2021)

Post by Sam »

I updated again! Look at me keeping up to where I am in game!! This time, we're visiting the Bell family :)
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Spring 3 Part 6, 24th June 2021)

Post by Anne »

I'm all caught up!
Spoiler:
Thanks for the tips on rotational gameplay! I'm still figuring out what exactly I want to do - I'm tempted to go the Culpepper House way (that's definitely the best apartment building!), but I'm not sure yet.

I absolutely love these Sims! I was gutted when Jo passed away - the Culpepper Pals won't be the same without her. I'm already dreading seeing the other starting Sims pass! It is fun to see the children branch out, though. I love that you're doing different things with all of them. :) Can't wait to read more!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Spring 3 Part 7, 28th June 2021)

Post by Sam »

Anne:
Spoiler:
No worries! Let me know if you have any more questions about rotational gameplay :) I love Culpepper House, it's definitely one of my favourite apartment buildings!

I have so much fun playing them all, honestly. I'm still gutted about it honestly, and it's been a while since it happened. I think at least two more are due to pass away next season, which is going to be rough :( I am enjoying the kids growing up though! I've had quite a bit of time to figure out what I want for each of them as they grow, but they still surprise me :lol:
---

Time to visit the Vatores!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Double Update! 2nd July 2021)

Post by Sam »

Double Update because I wanted to finish uploading spring before I play too much summer! :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I've not caught up yet, but just wanted to pop in and say congrats on winning best rotational hood this year! :party:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

:wave: joint winners with you, so congrats to you too! :D which is great, considering your sims are the ones that inspired me to start this save!! :)

Thanks to everyone that voted for the Culpepper Pals :heart:
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by graymondaysleep »

I just caught up on the Pals and it's getting better and better! I love seeing the growing families branch out. Now we're on the 3rd generation which is NUTS to me!

Congrats on your win with Heather! You both deserve it! You tell such great stories and your characters are so unique and interesting!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 3 Part 1, 8th July 2021)

Post by Sam »

graymondaysleep:
Thank you! It's really exciting watching the families grow & change over time - I can't believe I've got generation 3 in game now!
Thank you so much, it was really nice to win - and to share the victory with Heather!!

---
It's update time, we're popping in to visit Mackenzie McMullen!
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 3 Part 1, 8th July 2021)

psst, the link loops back to boolprop!
Spoiler:
I managed to find it by going the long way round!

I'm sad Mackenzie is gone and that's it for Jo's family. Will you move the cats to live with someone other than Akira?

It's going to be weird starting Fall with Norah but, things like these happen ;;

Great update as always!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 3 Part 2, 11th July 2021)

Post by Sam »

graymondaysleep:
d'oh! Thanks for the heads up!
Spoiler:
Sorry about that :lol:

It's really sad! Definitely feels like the end of an era :( I think I will move the cats in with someone later on - most families already have pets, so I'll wait a little while until there's room for them.

It's going to feel really strange! It's really weird, because it's really exciting how the newer generation are growing up and starting out, but it's so sad that we're losing the founders now!

Thanks for your comment :heart:
----

u p d a t e !
We're visiting Norah, Miko & Marnie! And I really enjoyed playing this one :heart:
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 3 Part 2, 11th July 2021)

Spoiler:
Yay! Great update!

Marnie and Luna are very cute and I'm glad Marnie to experience a festival in a positive way with someone else!

Getting engaged after a few days is the new u-haul stereotype for lesbians lmfao

Miko getting abducted again and again is honestly my favourite running gag of this sim series!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 3 Part 3, 14th July 2021)

Post by Sam »

graymondaysleep:
Spoiler:
Thank you! It was a lot of fun to play :)

They're so cute together, and the fact they picked one another without much input from me makes it even sweeter. It really nice being able to do the festival again, in a more positive way :heart:

I've never heard of this before :lol:

I can't believe how often she gets abducted, honestly. I counted it up, it has been 4 times at this point - I could've sworn it was more!!
---
u p d a t e !
We're heading to the beach to see what summer has in store for David and Casey!
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Spoiler:
This update was so stinkin' cute!!

I get so excited with the families branching out and expanding that relatives come and visit and cousins become friends! It's just really cool!

There's something relaxing about catching up with this particular family in Sulani. It feels so laidback and calming. Must be the island setting.

Great update as always! Looking forward to more!!
Currently Playing:
Completed:
sueplayssims
Origin ID: SusieeP94
Great Britain

Post by sueplayssims »

Spoiler:
I've finally caught up with Culpepper Pals and so excited with where the families are branching.

The poor McMullens, I know what you mean! It's difficult to know what to do with sims at that life stage. At least the cats are taken care of but it's a shame that it's the end of the McMullens as a household! But your families are growing in other directions aren't they, such as with David. Riley is gorgeous and I can't believe that's gen 3! They make a really sweet outdoorsy family.

I love the direction you've taken Norah and Miko. The move to Komorebi really suits them as an older couple and I can't wait to see how the snowboarding goes!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Culpepper Pals (Summer 3 Part 4, 22nd July 2021)

Post by Sam »

graymondaysleep:
Spoiler:
I love playing these guys!

I'm really enjoying watching the extended family interact together, which is probably why I have so many family gatherings :lol: it's just neat

They're so laidback and chill to play, I'm glad it comes across in the updates!

Thank you! :heart:
sueplayssims:
Spoiler:
There's so many updates now, you deserve a medal for catching up!! I'm at a really exciting point with the families, it's a lot of fun watching the kids grow up!

I really had no idea how long Mackenzie had left, and really was just running out the clock, sadly. I have made new plans for the cats, but more on that later on this rotation! It's a real shame to lose their family line entirely, but it does make room for the population explosion that's currently happening :lol: I love Riley! I really can't believe we're at gen 3 already!!

They're such a sweet couple, I love them together :heart: the neighbourhood is perfect for them, and I'm so excited for Marnie's future there too!! :)
----

Thanks for your comments guys! :hug:
I've been working a lot but I come bearing another update - let's visit the Goths!
sueplayssims
Origin ID: SusieeP94
Great Britain

Post by sueplayssims »

Spoiler:
The Goths are such a lovely family! It really made me laugh all the pregnancy comments and denial! Ana is absolutely gorgeous and they really suit Newcrest I think. What a wonderful extended family they are turning in to!
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Spoiler:
It just makes sense for the Goths to be Spellcasters ngl

This is a super cute update and I can't wait to see more!
Currently Playing:
Completed:

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”