The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 4.10 live!

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
noodlemama
Australia

The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 4.10 live!

Post by noodlemama »

Hi everyone, I started a legacy challenge back in September and have been posting on the official forums. I'd like to share it here too though in case anyone wants to read it! Meet Mackenzie (or Mack, Mackie, my dude, my man or whatever you feel like calling him), our founder. He's recently moved from Pleasantview to Newcrest to get away from his suffocating parents and is totally, fully 100% excited to be part of this.

You can find Mackie's adventures here and the generations are linked individually below!

Generation 1 COMPLETE!
Generation 2 COMPLETE!
Generation 3 COMPLETE!

Generation 4
Chapter 4.1
Chapter 4.2
Chapter 4.3
Chapter 4.4
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 4.6
Chapter 4.7
Chapter 4.8
Chapter 4.9
Chapter 4.10

And lastly, here's the family tree!

I'm doing my best to keep score, but I've also never played a scored legacy before so I may make some mistakes. Any questions or comments you have for either Mackie or myself, drop below and whichever one of us it is directed to will try our best to answer :duck: Thanks so much for stopping by and both Mack and I hope you enjoy!
Last edited by noodlemama on July 9th, 2020, 11:12 pm, edited 27 times in total.
noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 2.8 Live!

Post by noodlemama »

noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 2.8 Live!

Post by noodlemama »

noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 2.9 Live!

Post by noodlemama »

noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 2.10 Live!

Post by noodlemama »

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.1 and three quarters li

Post by Sam »

I've just started reading generation one, and I'm loving it so far! Will pop back when I'm fully caught up :D
noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.1 and three quarters li

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you so much!!! That's really sweet of you :) :)
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.3 live!

Post by LuckyDuck »

I just started reading this Legacy and I love it so far! I apologise for the upcoming ramble-fest... (I'm up to 1.3)
Spoiler:
I really love that Mackie came out with stereotypical 'frat boy' traits because to me that's the sort of attitude/look he gives off. Your commentaries and dialogue are always so funny and I love how quirky and socially awkward Mackie is, although I'm sad that he doesn't have much self confidence. He deserves all the good things! Also I DID NOT expect the first heir to be born between Mackie and Caleb of all people. Nothing like a vampire daddy, haha! Instead of 'I can feel the baby kick!' it'll be 'I can feel it bite!' Mackie and Caleb are adorable together though. The autonomous woohoo/Risky Woohoo mod you're using (forgot the name of it) I had the same thing for TS3 and loved it TBH. So much auto-woohoo. House parties were never quite the same!) It feels like your legacy is going to be full of surprises as well because...MACKIE IS ALSO HAVING A BABY? Fun times! Double the trouble. Maybe they can play a game and see who gives birth the fastest XD Also I love the idea of Caleb moving in, just looking at the lawn and saying 'Moving into WHERE?'

I actually love that image of him just sat on the edge of the bed next to Mackie; it's oddly peaceful and adorable, although the look on his face looks like a mix of 'aww' and anxiousness to me, poor thing. Also BLESS THEM for marrying! Caleb asking that guy for plasma was hilarious. It does make me wonder what to do if you're a desperate vampire with no plasma pack. 'Nice neck you got there, mind if I bite it sweetheart?' The whole hospital situation was brilliant. Caleb, you've already had a kid, you know what goes down! And of course he asks the doctor for her plasma as well. Good job Caleb. XD Maybe Caleb ought to pull a TS3 and raid the hospital for plasma packs. Forgot if that was a mod or Supernatural feature though! Addison is all kinds of cute. Especially loving that terrified face. "AGH! VAMPIRE! Oh wait, that's just Daddy."
I will carry on reading this when I have time but I honestly love this legacy and your screenshots/writing!
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Eee thank you so much for reading and leaving a reply, I really appreciate it!!! :) I had no idea you could raid the hospital for plasma packs in TS3, that's hilarious!!! You've given me motivation to get the next chapter out now :) :)
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.4 live!

Post by LuckyDuck »

I did some catch up, I’m up to 2.2 or 2.3 now!

Spoiler:
Mack’s parenting skills are great, aren’t they? Now the kids will forever fear the wrath of the Paint Cow! It was so sweet when Caleb became human again, must be a lot to get used to though! I love the bit where he struggled to figure out the computers as well- I keep forgetting he’d have no idea how they worked. XD I love how Addy is the spitting image of his dad as well, and the twins are so so cute! I loved when Caleb and Mack celebrated about Mack’s work as well. It’s sad but also sweet to see Mack as an old man now! I’m excited to see what Addy gets up to. I hope he gets with Nalani!
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Hehe thank you! Addy is a spitting image, isn't he? He's one of my favourite sims I've ever played! Thank you for your comments!

Also I just started reading your Alien Adoption Challenge! I left a comment on the blog but it came up with my username as unknown. Anyway, I'm going to continue reading some more later on today!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

noodlemama- Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, I appreciate it so much! I'm so happy you like it. I'm going to try catch up with the Davenport legacy when I can- it's nice to read on a morning before work, and on the bus there. : P
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.5 live!

Post by LuckyDuck »

So I'm currently up to Chapter 2.7, making gradual progress but loving it so far! All your characters and their dialogue/relationships are the cutest thing!
Spoiler:
I must be in love with your Legacy because I legit felt both so heart-warmed and heart-broken when Mack and Caleb grew up, because I knew how soul-crushing it would be when they died! They are both so adorable together! I do love that Addy gets told off for using vampire powers as well. XD The 'thanks for all the adventures' BROKE my soppy heart! I do love that the move to Sulani left Addy bald- I've had similar happen in TS3 where my sims have come out in random hairstyles because of accidentally deleting CC or something. Mack's congrats about his grandchild, and telling his son about his eventual death was necessary but also super sad. Watching him die was the worst, but I do love that he and Caleb are excited to haunt their family. Addy's in for a bad time!
I love your Legacy so much, I really love all the heart you put into it and how everyone you create is so lovable in their own way!
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you so much!! Your words are so kind and it makes writing this legacy worth it!! :)
Spoiler:
Weren't their deaths the worst? I swear I almost cried when I got that first notification about Mack's life coming to an end! And when I saw that they could renew their vows, well I had to, didn't I? :) That almost made me cry to :'( When this legacy is over I'm going to revive all of them so they can all live happily together in my save file.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Okay so I finally almost caught up on this challenge! Sorry it's taken so long! I've read up to the 3.1 (and three quarters) chapter.
Spoiler:
Caleb's death was SO horribly sad for me, but at the same time it's quite bittersweet- the ex-immortal wanted mortality, so I suppose it is not wholly a sad situation. What's worse though is how devastated Addy is, and his toddler is even sad too : ( The pic of Lani consoling him is too cute. Also the Hug and Hug Lovingly animations melt my heart every time I see them! I love how Teag has inherited Addy's lips and Lani's nose and is the perfect blend of her parents' traits, too sweet! Really like how you decorate the house as well. Caleb's urn joke that squicks out Addy is hilarious, I cracked up so hard! I'm glad Addy got his old hair back, but Addy used the fitness equipment like five times and ended up buff out of nowhere.

I really loved it when Addy visited Teag in uni, but I also love how in one of the shots you see someone swooning over him, and also how everyone recognised him from his livestreams as well. I really love how you used a guy reading Teag's book as a way for her to introduce herself to him as well, that was a nice little game/story integration thing. I somehow only just noticed those urns had photos behind them as well, that's so sweet. The pic of Cam and Teag doing karaoke just gives me this horrible sound in my head of terrible singing, haha! Creating traditions is something I didn't know you could do in Seasons, I only just bought that expansion but I think the input of a remembrance day is really sweet. Gotta love Teag comforting her dad during this hard time.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”