The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 4.10 live!

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.5 live!

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you so much for continuing to read!
Spoiler:
How funny is buff Addy? I lost it when he walked out all buff, he looked like such a doofus! And then he slims down again, it's crazy! Caleb's death made me really sad too, but I was happy for him too. He just wanted to be with Mack, whether it was in life or death.
Teagan is so pretty, I was susprised! Her child is beautiful too, but sooooo different to the rest of the family! I can't wait for you to keep reading! I'm about to start writing the next chapter now!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

So I had time to finally finish what's here of the legacy ATM!
Spoiler:
The first pic in 3.1 'for real' - Teag's knitted top is so nice. Really love that Addy is still supportive of her after uni didn't go to well, bless the little redhead, haha! I wanted Teag to get with Camerson TBH, they seem suited for each other, so good to see she's spending some more time with him! Poor Emilio having to leave, I love that he got the unflirty trait. Maybe he got turned off of love seeing Addy and Lani's near-constant snogging (and more!) thanks to the autonomy mod! I already love Cam TBH, I love when he just blurts out that he loves her and then awkwardly tries to backtrack. It's cool my dude, she's super into you! : P

I laughed my head off when Addy asked Lani to be his girlfriend after them having two kids and living together for years. Gotta love that only he was letting in- gotta love that smug wineglass shot! Also that pic of Addy and Lani being adorable on top the skyscraper-looking building is a super gorgeous shot with the BG and everything. That video of Addy dancing was hilarious- he's really mastered the archetypal Dad Dance : P The seasons snow is mainly what makes me love the expansion pack, the same way I did in TS3. The world covered in snow always looks so pretty. Also WHY do you always get the cutest screenshots? The lil' Cam and Teag kiss in the snow is the cutest thing. Poor Teag, getting struck by lightning. XD The Unflirty romance traits are great, I love them!

Also it'd be sick to have Addy become a vampire again- after all, as you say, it was more Caleb who had the issue. Addy would definitely love to be immortal, I know he would, because of how much he loves being admired- he would be admired forever! Honestly he reminds me so much of one of my best mates IRL- and the 'checking self out in gym mirror' pic really confirms that, haha! Love Addy's maths error as well, but I can't blame him- I hate maths! So cute to see unflirty Em finding love too. Ahh gen 4 is on the way, I'm so happy! Addy's face after finding out is like 'oh yeah, it's all coming together!' haha.

I really love your commentary-style stuff but I really like the narrative switch at the 3.3 mark as well, your writing is always so lovely and emotional! I reckon (up to you!) It would be cool to see you stick with the narrative-style if you can, it's a nice little change as you get deepr into the family story. Really love Emi's island wedding as well, bless him! And of course Addy has to make it about him and stand there flexing at everyone! Of course you, Addy : P Congrats to Teag for graduating! At least those graduation robes are cosy for the baby, haha. Oh my gosh I can't believe Teag has a baby now, seems like not long ago she was only small herself! Iliana is such a pretty name. Addy is so proud of her in that toddler hug pic, aww! Child Ili is too cute.

Addy kissing baby Dakota is so heart-warming, he always struck me as if he'd grow up to be irresponsible but he hasn't! So cute that Ra had a little bot, although I love that picture of Addy stood there grumpy as hell with food in his hands. He's the opposite of his dad in that sense XD Can't believe he's an old man now! I'm going to be so sad when Addy goes : (
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you as always for the lovely comments!! I'm ultra motivated to continue now! And now on to my response!
Spoiler:
Addy just loves his kids too much, that's why he's so supportive even if they fail LOL. But Teags got there in the end and now she's incredibly successful and bringing in like $5000 a day with her books haha! I think that's so funny that you commented on Lani and Addy kissing all the time, they do don't they? They just really love each other I guess! I totally wasn't expecting Em to get that unflirty trait though but I shouldn't be surprised. When he was a teen he kept trying to flirt with Yuki Behr and every time she rejected him, LOL!

Cam is a super fun sim to play! If you have university, I recommend giving him a go cause he's a pre-made that comes with the pack. He also makes cute babies, Iliana turns out gorgeous although very unusual. I agree about the snow, it makes the world look so beautiful. It's a shame it doesn't snow in Sulani though! At the end of this challenge I'm going to resurrect all the sims who have passed so maybe I'll make Addy a vampire again! He liked it after all and didn't feel guilty about drinking plasma like his father did! I haven't written it in the story yet but I was devastated when Addy went too, I love him too much!! It's funny that he reminds you of one of your friends too!

My secret to getting cute screenshots? Take a million of them! I think I easily have 2000+ screenshots and I'm only up to gen 4! Actually gen 5 was born last night, I forgot! And thank you for your kind words about the narrative style, I'm going to keep it that way. I've found it easier to write and I feel like I can get more of their personalities in this way. Thank you so much for reading and I'm going to keep writing!!!! :D :D
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.6 live!

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
I bet old man Addy still thinks he's 21 on the inside, haha! Really like the little speech he gives in, I love that you picked that instead of the 'don't touch my daughter' speech, although TBH Addy wouldn't be like that anyway. Also love the video of him on the piano as well! Good to see Addy became a global superstar in elderhood as well! Also Happy Birthday to Cam! Ily is so pretty when she ages up, I love her hair!
Thanks again for another fun chapter!
noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.7 live!

Post by noodlemama »

LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

I always look forward to your updates! : 3
Spoiler:
That shirt you made looks so awesome! I used to love designing clothes in TS3. I do love that they're having peas for dinner, but still beats animal crackers. Addy's face eating veg is also my face when I eat veg too...disgust! I love old lady Lani, although she doesn't look happy to age up! It's all good Lani, age is just a number! Awesome to see Teag is a three star celeb! I wonder if she'll bask in the fame the way Addy did, haha! Interesting to see T's perspective with Dakota, wanting to teach her tha losing means she has to work harder as opposed to Addy's 'go easier on her' outlook. I see Cam can't hold his spice well, poor guy! I see Ily feels a little bit like her parents are too busy for her, I feel bad for her. Love Dakota's hair!
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you for the feedback!! Sorry for not responding to your last comment but I did read it and I did appreciate it ^^ ^^
Spoiler:
Don't feel too bad for old lady Lani, she lives for a very long time. Way longer than Addy and long enough to see her great-grandchild! T will definitely bask in the fame, she is self-absorbed after all LOL! Isn't Dakota pretty? She looks so different to her sister!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I just got caught up. This was a fun read, and all of your sims are so cute!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you so much!!! I'm glad you've been reading :) :)
noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.8 live!

Post by noodlemama »

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I like seeing Ily and Dakota bonding.

Nooo! I'm going to miss Addy.

The moment with Addy finally placing his star made me smile, even if it is a little bittersweet.

I'm glad he's getting to spend so much time with Lani during his final days.
[align=center]Image
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Dakota and Ily, at least wait until the cashier starts work before you start asking for a cappucino, haha! The way you write Addy's talk with Lani over the reaper notice is the saddest thing. The part where Lani is making the most of ever sharing a bed with Addy again is heartwrenching :( I'm glad he got to place his tile down though! When he talks to Mack about death and how he's not scared and I WANT TO HUG HIM ;n; Now I'm going to have to mentally prepare myself with the loss of one of my favourite Sims in this story! I love the way you write it though, I like your portrayal of death as something to be celebrated and accepted moreso as a super-sad thing, it's a nice thought.
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you so much for the comments :D :D
Spoiler:
This was a sad chapter, wasn't it? I remember being so sad when it happened in game too. I was even sadder about Addy than I was Mack!!! He's my boy, I raised him from when he was born :( :(
noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.9 live!

Post by noodlemama »

108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Sulani always has the prettiest views. It's hard for me not to take scenery pictures of my saves there.

I hope Addie comes to visit often. It's so sad that he's about to pass. It'll be hard on the whole family.

It's hard for me to imagine anyone having a kid with Vlad!

Dakota might have a crush! I think she and Ariel would make a cute couple.

At least Emilio got to see his dad one last time, even if he didn't realize it'd be the last.

I'm going to miss Addy. I did like Illy going to talk to him.

I love that Mack went to go get Addy, so he could visit his family.

I love the pictury of Addy!
[align=center]Image
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment!!
Spoiler:
How sad is it?!! I'm going to miss Addy so much :'( :'(
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
RIP Addy, you were great! I honestly love how well you wrote his death, and how it touched everyone around him as well. I really like the urn room with the photos so much as well. Your writing is always so good and full of emotion, I love it. The bit where Teag and Lani stayed with each other for a bit after his death was so sweet. Also I’m so glad you like the art! You deserve it!
noodlemama
Australia

Post by noodlemama »

Thank you so much!!
Spoiler:
I hope I managed to capture the emotion well enough! I'm never too sure how to write death scenes, it's obviously quite a serious and emotional subject but at the same time it's just a game so I don't want to be too deep. I hope I managed to do him justice!
noodlemama
Australia

Re: The Davenport Legacy - Chapter 3.10 live!

Post by noodlemama »

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”