From A to Z: The Strangerville Mystery Completed 3/4/20

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Hrootbeer
Origin ID: Hrootbeer

From A to Z: The Strangerville Mystery Completed 3/4/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

It has been a really long time since I've posted any stories for the Sims (not since the first year of Sims 4) with a failed build Newcrest Challenge.

But I'm back! This time I'm planning a series of sexy, romantic stories focused around the various special content from Sims 4 like the Strangerville Mystery, which is the subject of my first story.

I have the site up and running and the introduction already published. My intention is to publish at least 3 installments of each story before moving on to a new story.

WARNING: Adult Content.
My stories include adult content like sexual situations, nudity, and adult language. They are intended for a mature audience. They will be ROMANCE stories (including sex scenes) that use the Sims stories as a backdrop. They will all have happy endings.

I hope you are now interested in reading!
The Blog is called From A to Z: Stories of the Sims
Here's the Introduction (no adult content in this one).
Part One: First Contact No adult content in this one either.
Part Two: Initial Investigation Adult content warning.
Part Three: Gathering Clues No adult content.
Part Four: Facing Facts No adult content.
Part Five: Inventing a Vaccine Some adult content.
Part Six: The Good Fight some adult content
Part Seven: Sweet Sorrow Adult content warning.
Part Eight Invitation and Answers This is the end of the story! Thanks for reading.
The next story will be set in Selvadorada. I will post updates for that story here.

Here are some preview pics:
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Hrootbeer on March 8th, 2020, 12:58 pm, edited 12 times in total.
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims

Post by LuckyDuck »

One reason I like the Strangerville pack is for storytelling reasons, so I love that you're using it to start yours off.
Spoiler:
I really like how you've included other alien species in this, with their own different cultures and such- nice bit of worldbuilding. I think you do a nice job of creating the chaos in this intro- if the computer doesn't know? Then that's when you know you might be screwed! I like the multiple POVs as well. I feel bad for Ada knowing she's just doing all the dirty work for the higher-ups, but I hope her hard work will pay off and she'll get to work on some of the bigger stuff!
I really like your intro and how well you introduce the characters and their personalities in one chapter. Love your writing style too, excellent work : )
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims

Post by Hrootbeer »

Thank you. I'm actually really enjoying the playing and the story-telling.
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 1/25/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

I just updated 1/25/20. The chapter is titled: First Contact
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 1/25/20

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
I feel bad for Ada; her boss seems like an ass. She’s doing her best! I like how you’ve set up Zeb’s distrust for the military; I always imagine that Sims military has an issue with aliens. I like that he uses his telepathy to make her tell the others there was nothing there; I like the idea of aliens having mind control as well as just telepathy. The fact that disguises take time to be created is a really cool plot factor, something that could hinder Zeb later on if he needs to hide his truie identity for some reason.

Zeb’s disguise looks so cool! Your lore on the Strangerville plants is so damn good :O , I love it! I really love that you went for a sort of neurotoxin/parasitic angle on the way it uses telepathy to lure prey into its mouth. Reminds me of the snail eye parasites that make them look like bugs, so birds will eat them to spread them.
Loving your story and worldbuilding so far!
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 2/4/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

Added a new chapter!
Initial Investigation

Hope you enjoy!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
I like how you've covered the idea that Zeb has probably gotten pretty lonely on his travels, the poor guy. I really like the way you write all the more erotic stuff with more of a focus on the emotions than the physicalities of it, it works really well. I also like the establishment of there being many more sentient alien species out there as well. You also captured the lab screenshots really well, the way you've taken the pictures gives it an eerie sort of Fallout-ish desolate vibe. I love your screenshots in general, I find your angles and such almost give a sort of movie-ish feel and it's real nice. Also your extended lore for everything is sooo damn good, I love how fleshed-out the world is. Knowing his feelings for her, it was so cute when Ada kissed him. Love Ada and Zeb's personality as well.
Awesome stuff ~
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am glad you like the screenshots. I have a design background...one I don't use much...but I try to have an eye for that when I'm getting shots in the Sims.
Spoiler:
Also thanks for your feedback on the physicality in the story. I wanted to write a romance with a bit of eroticism, but at the same time I don't want to come off as creepy or disgusting or voyeuristic. I'm glad it worked for you. It relieves me a bit to know I hit the balance I was going for.
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 2/7/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

Just added a new chapter. This one is entitled "Gathering Clues".

There is even a surprise visit from everyone's favorite Strangerville Sim!
Spoiler:
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Oooh I saw the update e-mail this morning and was very excited -u-
Spoiler:
I feel bad for Zeb feeling like he's not able to reveal his true self to Ada. Ooh, I like the reveal of a Pries family member being missing as well... I love the joke about the impractical stilettos to work as well. XD I like the idea of having Ada going around trying to find anyone who used to work at the old lab at her workplace. Ahhh I love that you manage to put Erwin in the story as well! He's such a weird guy, he's great. XD I feel bad knowing that something happened to his father though, poor guy : ( I love all the shots where Ada and Zeb hug, they're just so cute together. Oh gosh, I can't believe Ada walked into the spore cloud thing and got possessed ;o; I really hope it hasn't done any long-term damage...I'm glad Zeb had time to put her in the pod.
Your writing is amazing and I love your story so far! < 3
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

LuckyDuck wrote:Oooh I saw the update e-mail this morning and was very excited -u-
Spoiler:
I feel bad for Zeb feeling like he's not able to reveal his true self to Ada. Ooh, I like the reveal of a Pries family member being missing as well... I love the joke about the impractical stilettos to work as well. XD I like the idea of having Ada going around trying to find anyone who used to work at the old lab at her workplace. Ahhh I love that you manage to put Erwin in the story as well! He's such a weird guy, he's great. XD I feel bad knowing that something happened to his father though, poor guy : ( I love all the shots where Ada and Zeb hug, they're just so cute together. Oh gosh, I can't believe Ada walked into the spore cloud thing and got possessed ;o; I really hope it hasn't done any long-term damage...I'm glad Zeb had time to put her in the pod.
Your writing is amazing and I love your story so far! < 3
Thank you for your words and I am excited that you were excited :awesome: .
Spoiler:
Zeb and Ada hugging are some of my favorite shots, too. And don't feel too bad for Zeb not revealing himself. She just spent the night nearly naked in his pod. I think the jig is pretty much up! And I'm super happy about it, actually.
Blue Zeb is my favorite. Now I get to let him be his natural self around her.
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 2/16/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

I just posted the latest update titled Facing Facts.

I'm thinking I have two more updates until I wrap up this story. After that, I am not sure what I want to do next. I have ideas for Island Living, Jungle Adventures and Realm of Magic. Any requests?
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 2/16/20

Post by LuckyDuck »

First off to answer your question: A story around Realm of Magic or Jungle Adventures would be awesome!
And second, what a better way to end the week with an update to one of my fave stories B ^ )
Spoiler:
Loving that intro and I like that she thought it was a coffin; must be scary as hell waking up in that thing. I love the design of the ship as well, sorta gives me that eerie clinical feel. I'm glad Zeb used his mad alien tech to suppress the plant spores! I like that there's a limitation to their scientific developments as well, so although there's not a cure there's at least a temp solution; I like the realism of that idea. Your alien worldbuilding is always so damn gooood < 3 I love that all the different planets and species are established. Interesting that Ada doesn't believe in aliens at all as well, I like the idea that the humans of Earth in this world don't actually have much alien contact, if any. I'm glad Zeb's managed to tell her he's an alien! I feel bad that Ada feels like Zeb thinks she's 'uncivilised' though, especially since he has feelings for her in actuality! Love that Zeb meets up with the military guy again, I always love how much you vary your dialogue for all the different characters. I had a feeling Don Lothario would be super creepy, haha. I'm glad Ada's having none of it. Cool how you include some of the classic Sims though!

I'm so happy that Ada and Zeb have kissed whilst he's not being disguised- I'm hoping him being Sixamian won't change her outlook on him! I'm hoping they can defeat the mother plant!
Loving this story as always! < 33
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 2/22/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

Ok, so things are moving along nicely now. Inventing a Vaccine was just published. I've actually played ahead quite a bit, so I think I have enough for the next update. I need to do a bit of writing and see if I need to stage more scenes. But, I think we have one more update and an epilogue and then this little Sim Adventure will be complete!

Enjoy!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 2/22/20

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
I really love your story and all the thought that goes into it, and I like that you try and make it feel realistic with how they go about making the cure as well, like the vaccine and such. Also I love the way you write sex TBH, you don’t make it sound fake with flowery language, you show the raw emotion of it so well. and I like that you don’t use terrible metaphors for genitalia like some romance authors do, haha!. I’m sad though cuz I kinda hope Zeb stays with her or that Ada goes with him.
Love your story as always. < 3
Hrootbeer

Re: From A to Z: Stories of the Sims Updated 2/25/20

Post by Hrootbeer »

Almost done! The Good Fight is now up!
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Eee ;u; I saw this just before I went to bed, finally back from work so I can read it :D :D
Spoiler:
I really like the design of the pop-up lab. Don Lothario is a little slimeball, and as soon as she mentioned the freeze function I prayed she'd just freeze his ass- and my 'prayers' were answered. I laughed so hard at the 'cool your libido...' line, good on you Ada. XD The plants look super creepy when they sprout properly. I really like how nicely you pace the prep towards fighting the Mother as well. Cool to see Seb train up Ada, maybe if she gets to Fitness level 10 she can just spark the mother plant out in one punch : P I love the gym session day-dream as well, I had a feeling Ada wouldn't mind seeing Zeb in close fitting gym gear! I really hope that Zeb's true identity won't get in the way of the other two guys helping the fight. After all, he's not the alien that's destroying the town and infecting everyone! You look some really cool screenshots of the Mother, btw. Love the little kiss at the end! So glad Ada is okay!
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I love aliens, so I had to check this out!
Spoiler:
Awesome introduction! I love how the AI didn't know anything. :lol:

Ada's boss seems like a real jerk.

Ooo exciting that Zeberon happened to crash there.

Hopefully the military doesn't come back after Zeberon erased their memories, but I have a feeling they probably will. Too bad he had to erase Ada's memory as well.

And now Zeb gets to meet the wacky inhabitants of Strangerville. Of course everyone's acting shifty and won't tell him what's going on. Hopefully he'll get answers.

I like your backstory about the mystery plants.

I feel like Ada's boss is in on the coverup since he destroyed the plant.

I wonder if the mother plant infected the scientists before they were able to leave the lab?

They're both so distracted by each other. I don't see Zeb sticking to his plan to avoid Ada.

Some interesting information gathered from Zoe.

It makes sense for Erwin to be paranoid since his dad mysteriously disappeared.

I love how you're playing out the mystery so far.

Zeb's going to have to answer a lot of questions now that Ada's awake.

So is Ada infected?

She kind of took finding out Zeb was an alien better than I expected.

Well the easiest way to get someone to spill their secrets is if they're drunk.

I figured the military would be back to stop them eventually. Good thing Zeb was able to subdue her.

Ada is infected. Hopefully they can cure her and destroy the mother plant!

Poor Ada with everyone insulting her just because of her field of study. At least she got more information on how to make the vaccine.

Yay for a working vaccine! Also I'm super glad Ada froze Don.

I like that they're getting a team together. Hopefully that'll be enough to take down the mother plant.

Yay the plant is defeated, and hopefully the mind control will stop for everyone that was infected.

I can't wait to see what's next for Zeb and Ada.
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

108sims wrote:I love aliens, so I had to check this out!
Spoiler:
Awesome introduction! I love how the AI didn't know anything. :lol:

Ada's boss seems like a real jerk.

Ooo exciting that Zeberon happened to crash there.

Hopefully the military doesn't come back after Zeberon erased their memories, but I have a feeling they probably will. Too bad he had to erase Ada's memory as well.

And now Zeb gets to meet the wacky inhabitants of Strangerville. Of course everyone's acting shifty and won't tell him what's going on. Hopefully he'll get answers.

I like your backstory about the mystery plants.

I feel like Ada's boss is in on the coverup since he destroyed the plant.

I wonder if the mother plant infected the scientists before they were able to leave the lab?

They're both so distracted by each other. I don't see Zeb sticking to his plan to avoid Ada.

Some interesting information gathered from Zoe.

It makes sense for Erwin to be paranoid since his dad mysteriously disappeared.

I love how you're playing out the mystery so far.

Zeb's going to have to answer a lot of questions now that Ada's awake.

So is Ada infected?

She kind of took finding out Zeb was an alien better than I expected.

Well the easiest way to get someone to spill their secrets is if they're drunk.

I figured the military would be back to stop them eventually. Good thing Zeb was able to subdue her.

Ada is infected. Hopefully they can cure her and destroy the mother plant!

Poor Ada with everyone insulting her just because of her field of study. At least she got more information on how to make the vaccine.

Yay for a working vaccine! Also I'm super glad Ada froze Don.

I like that they're getting a team together. Hopefully that'll be enough to take down the mother plant.

Yay the plant is defeated, and hopefully the mind control will stop for everyone that was infected.

I can't wait to see what's next for Zeb and Ada.
That was quite the stream of comments! Thank you for reading and for commenting. I'm glad you liked the story. I read yours, too. I can't remember if I commented. I find the Alien Academy challenge interesting.
Hrootbeer

Post by Hrootbeer »

LuckyDuck wrote:Eee ;u; I saw this just before I went to bed, finally back from work so I can read it :D :D
Spoiler:
I really like the design of the pop-up lab. Don Lothario is a little slimeball, and as soon as she mentioned the freeze function I prayed she'd just freeze his ass- and my 'prayers' were answered. I laughed so hard at the 'cool your libido...' line, good on you Ada. XD The plants look super creepy when they sprout properly. I really like how nicely you pace the prep towards fighting the Mother as well. Cool to see Seb train up Ada, maybe if she gets to Fitness level 10 she can just spark the mother plant out in one punch : P I love the gym session day-dream as well, I had a feeling Ada wouldn't mind seeing Zeb in close fitting gym gear! I really hope that Zeb's true identity won't get in the way of the other two guys helping the fight. After all, he's not the alien that's destroying the town and infecting everyone! You look some really cool screenshots of the Mother, btw. Love the little kiss at the end! So glad Ada is okay!
Thanks for reading, as always.
Spoiler:
I'm glad you liked the kiss and the day-dream. It was a near-miss for Ada. She really was taken out by one of the infected townies. At first I thought she had died! But there was no reaper, so it was ok. It gave me a good reason for her and Zeb to have a little HEA...coming next chapter

Return to “Sims 4 Completed Stories”