Academy

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
SimCave

Post Counts

Academy

Post by SimCave »

I'd like to introduce you all to Jacob Sherwood. He is living in the academy cabin #1. This is my first post for the Close Encounter Academy challenge.

[hr]

Hello my name is Jacob; Jacob Andrew Bartholomew Samuel Walter Porter Colt Sherwood to be precise. Don't ask. I've decided to be something my parents never expected. Something they never wanted. Something that defies their perfect roadmap they pre-planned prior to my birth for me. As such, I have been disowned, disavowed, dis-whatever. To be honest it hurt at first. For the ten seconds it took for my brain to adjust to their horrendous outrage. After that, I felt a surreal calm settle over me. I took my own life into my own hands to become what I wanted to be. What did I want to be? An alien ambassador, a space explorer, a cadet at the Close Encounter Academy. All of which disgusted my parents. Did I care? Yes and no.

I did not care that I'd picked up the reigns of my own future. I did care that I hurt the ones that gave me life though. But what was I to do? This is what I believed in. This academy and my trip to the stars was something deep inside I could not deny. I waited until I was accepted into the academy and received my assigned living cabin before breaking the news to my parents. I'm glad I did as they kicked me out of my home and inheritance that very moment. Its a good thing I had a place to go. I wasn't even allowed back into the home to collect any of my belongings. Not that I needed them. The academy would provide all that I needed. I would be okay. No. More than okay. I would be great. I would be free!
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Re: Academy

Post by LuckyDuck »

Sorry if I end up double-posting; I commented but for some reason it didn't work?

Anyway I love your start-up and I love that Jacob is defying his un-supportive family to become an alien ambassador! Can't wait to see where you go with this.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

I love Jacob's full name. :)

Can't wait to see what he gets up to being a part of the Academy!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

LuckyDuck wrote:Sorry if I end up double-posting; I commented but for some reason it didn't work?

Anyway I love your start-up and I love that Jacob is defying his un-supportive family to become an alien ambassador! Can't wait to see where you go with this.
You did not double post. Thank you for such a delightful comment. It warms my heart to know you enjoyed the opening.

108sims wrote:I love Jacob's full name. :)

Can't wait to see what he gets up to being a part of the Academy!

His name was unplanned. I wasn't even planning on having him say anything. It just happened. I don't know what will come of this. I've played a long time and have not yet shared anything. I find writing to be difficult. I'm happy that you enjoy it.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

I'm Jacob. I was accepted to the Academy and given a cabin with a platform to build a rocket and a small observatory to study the stars. As time passed, I realized that life at the academy was not going to be as 'easy' as I thought. Yes they provided everything that I would need. Evidently that did not include a maid, gardener, butler, or cook. I had no idea how sheltered by my parents I'd truly been. Did I miss my old home and the lifestyle that came with it?

No! Surprisingly, I found it rather refreshing to be learning how to do things for myself that I'd always taken for granted. Seeing how others lived in this world normally was a real eye-opener. I met a few associated with the academy. Some in person and a few online. One of them seemed to make me smile whenever he chose to message me.

[Forum post to 'Jacob', from Dylan, 10:32 pm]
[Man, your parents sound like absolute assholes. I hate un-supportive parents. Glad you're not bowing down to them and you're doing your own thing though man! Good on you! Hopefully you'll have a good time doing the CEA and you'll make them super jealous! Good luck!]

I wouldn't call my parents names but in truth, he wasn't far off.

[Forum post to 'Dylan', from Jacob, 06:17 am]
[Thanks friend. I never thought taking care of my own needs would be so hard. I've taken a lot for granted. I'm learning though and don't have to get sneered at every time I don't do something absolutely perfect. I heard you froze your boss/professor with that simray you invented. I nearly died of laughter hearing about that one. Carry on my friend. Freeze the world. LOL
p.s. You don't have any easy-to-make recipes you could share, do you? Fruit salad and sandwiches are getting old.]

Its nice having someone to chat with. I don't really share all of my thoughts and feelings though. I'm too paranoid for that. The Parents, pretty much turned me off to 'sharing is caring' when it came to that. All I'd get in return when I had tried in the past was a long lecture and threats of their growing disapproval if I didn't 'fix' my thinking immediately. Do you blame me for being paranoid now?

Speaking of paranoia, I'm beginning to wonder what my future really will be like. The CEA has been very hush-mouthed about much. And some of my fellow cadets that are further along in their coursework seemed to have disappeared. I have no idea why or where and no one seems to know. If they do know, they aren't saying. Will I disappear one day too? Will my penpal Dylan? I don't dare ask him about it though. What if 'They' are reading everything I write? No. I have to keep it normal and safe. Just in case.

I've been working really hard in my course work and cadet science studies.

Because of my hard work my first assessment looks really, something.

[hr]
- Science Tasks Level: 5
- Logic skill level: 9
- Rocket Science level: 9
- Abducted by aliens times: 0/3
- Recommendation to proceed to Stage 2: yes
[hr]

Good news, my skill assessment score looks very good. Its probably my genius trait at work. Not bragging. Just fact. Bad news is, that next to the last line on the assessment. Abducted?! By aliens?! I have nothing against aliens. Obviously, because I wouldn't be here if I did. But this is the very first thing I noticed that brought back some of my parents' words to me. Could they have been right about this academy? Maybe I really am in over my head. And what was 'stage 2'?

Am I just being paranoid or, should I really start worrying now?

Jacob's online penpal, is LuckyDuck's Sim that is also doing this challenge. You can read their story: here.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Loving the second chapter :heart:
Spoiler:
I really like how well you portray Jacob's background and story through the narrative, without 'info dumping' it- it's so good. I actually really like how he wishes his parents didn't shelter him like they did, and I like how he enjoys responsibility, even if he's not used to having the maid etc. around. Also thank you so much for the shout-out and the 'CEA forum' reply! I'll have Dyl respond in the next chapter. I feel bad for Jacob in that his parents sort of turned him into the sort who can't talk about his feelings, so it's cool you used the CEA forum to explore his character and give him an outlet for the first time in his life. Also liking the dubious nature of the CEA itself, and that Jacob doesn't fully trust what's going on. Also good job on levelling everything up so fast as well!
Really love your challenge character and the story, keep it up < 3
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

Your comment made me very happy and it touched my heart with joy. Thank you for being so kind. I look forward to reading your story's next update. I've been enjoying it very much.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

Jacob is my name and I can be too paranoid sometimes. This was a good academy for the furtherance of alien and human cohabitation knowledge. Why could I ever doubt their goodness?

When I got home from my science duties, I changed into something more comfortable. Then I got my mind off of things by working on upgrading my assigned rocket. That was tiring but rewarding work. I enjoyed it very much. I'd do the same sorts of things for several days. On this particular day I had the day off as it was a weekend. Checking my CEA forum messages I noticed an unread one from Dylan. I smiled slightly as I opened it up to read.

[Reply to 'Jacob', from Dylan, 10:38 am]

[You saw that conference on TV right? Yeah, it was pretty mad. Ray McRayFace is the best though. As for recipes, TBH I'm no good at cooking, but I always say when in doubt, throw some garlic and chicken at it!]

Putting my fingers to the keyboard I began my reply right away. I had decided to ask him covertly about what I read on my assessment. Stage two? Abductions?

[Reply to 'Dylan', from Jacob, 09:24 am]

[Garlic and chicken? I'll pass. I tried cooking something with garlic a few weeks ago. The results made me regret that substance exists. LOL Thanks friend, for the suggestion all the same. So, how's your CEA experience so far? Have you had anything, interesting, happen to you yet? I got my assessment back and it said afsouyiho;aiethg alwehe ... Dylan anolfaishjolie HELP! They.... |

A few minutes later, a personage dressed in black, returned my computer chair to its upright position and then locked the front door behind them when they went.

Jacob is my name. I've been taken.

Last edited by SimCave on January 19th, 2020, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I like how you've made the CEA seem a little bit more suspicious. Jacob has an interesting back story. It can be hard being on your own when you've been so sheltered. I wonder if he will be expecting an alien baby surprise from his abduction?
[align=center]Image
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
I like how you've made the CEA seem a little bit more suspicious. Jacob has an interesting back story. It can be hard being on your own when you've been so sheltered. I wonder if he will be expecting an alien baby surprise from his abduction?
Thank you. I could say no or yes to your question, but you'll find out eventually. I don't want to spoil things either way. If he doesn't get pregnant before he turns elder, I do have an idea how I can carry on with another, to continue the story. But if he is pregnant, then this will be interesting too.

[hr]
Here I have a few behind the scenes facts you may or may not wish to read. I will do my very best not to have spoilers in this spoiler.
Spoiler:
Jacob has been abducted five times.
He is currently six days away from being an elder and has not given birth to an alien baby yet.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Ooh, I really like how you've given a sinister twist to the CEA. I love Jacob's character as well. It seems like although he's away from his family, he also has no idea what he might have gotten himself into. I wonder if the aliens have taken him because he knows too much? Or because he's suspicious?
Another amazing chapter ~
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

Disclaimer: Please be aware that this update is darker than the others before.

I am Jacob. Just Jacob. I have no idea where I am. It was very dark when I woke. I remember fighting for my life. I vaguely remember being paralyzed by a blue light and a glimpse of the academy grounds from somewhere far above it. Everything seems surreal and foggy. Have I been drugged? I only know one thing for a certainty. I am angry. More angry than I think I've ever been.

I scream my fury to the darkness around me.

I vow to rebel.

Looking back on that initial response of mine, it probably wasn't the best idea. I should have played things cool. But would that have changed what happened next? I'll never know.

By force, which wasn't much considering my muscles felt like gel, I was shoved into a decontamination unit and ordered to clean myself. I refused their first command. After a few minutes of being convinced to comply, I was shoved into the unit again. I did not refuse a second time.

My name is Jacob. What happened next, I will never forget. Paralyzed now and completely aware of what they'd just done, I wished with all of my heart. I wished I'd never been born.

Last edited by SimCave on January 19th, 2020, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Jacob's vengeful-looking grin is honestly eerie as hell, and I really like how well you've set the scene in the screenshots with the dubious black, greys and greens. The whole description of this chapter was utterly chilling. Really loving the suspense you're building here. I'm wondering what's happened to Jacob. If it's what I think it is...did he give them the okay, or did the aliens not even bother to ask? TBH the screenshots are fantastic; they almost feel like movie stills or something.
Amazing work once again < 3 Dyl will eventually reply to him in an upcoming chapter ^u^
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

Thank you LuckyDuck. I did not know this story would get dark when I began.
Spoiler:
The aliens did not bother to ask.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
Anya

Post by Anya »

SimCave wrote:
Spoiler:
The aliens did not bother to ask.
Spoiler:
Sims aliens rarely do. They really need to learn about consent and boundaries.
I agree with LuckyDuck, though, the screenshots are very well composed.
Mutation Central: An Uglacy
Winner of two Golden Plumbobs!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
A city built on rock and roll... and furious exploitation of Open for Business.
Wealth-boom strategy, heavy character focus, and ridiculously cute aliens.
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Very creepy! I'm guessing your version of aliens are not good aliens.
[align=center]Image
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

I am delighted that you appreciate my screenshots Anya. I try very hard to make nice ones. Thank you dear!

Every species has their extremists. There are beautiful, kind aliens. And there are not so nice ones too.

Spoiler question:
Spoiler:
The question we all must consider is this: Was Jacob abducted by the CEA? Or a rival corporation that is tired of taking the time-consuming route their counterparts take?
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
SimCave

Post Counts

Post by SimCave »

I think my name used to be Jacob. Its been so long since I've heard it. They call me X-cea09-3 now. Time is skewed. Its unclear to me if I've been here for days or years. It seems my whole life has been lived twice over already. When they first put me into the 'growing unit' all I could do was wet my lashes with tears.

Even my tears were washed away by the thick tar-like substance that enveloped me. How long I was suspended in that nightmarish substance, I could not say. Months maybe? The mask I thought was a muzzle to keep my screams silent turned out to help me breathe. I still hated it. I still felt suffocated.

Several lifetimes passed it seemed before something happened. There was a voice, muffled, indistinct but full of quiet urgency. It was a voice in my mind.

"Jacob. Wake up! You need to run."

It took a while for me to realize the black gel was gone. I could feel my body. I was not paralyzed. I was in a great deal of pain. But run. I had to run?

"Move Jacob!"

I opened my eyes. The lid to my prison was open. Moving was torture but I did. Slowly at first, but the feeling of urgency energized my will to push beyond my limits, my endurance was being tested. Move I did!

I felt a sense of praise flow through me. Approval. Encouragement. Hope.

"The vial. Drink it. Hurry!"

The voice sounded more clear now. Vial? What vi-. Oh that vial. Leaning down slowly to pick up what was somehow materializing at my feet, I looked at it dubiously but had learned never to disobey a command. Not wanting to go through what I had the first time I refused, I hurriedly drank what was in the vial. It tasted like sweet apple-honey and seemed to settle around my middle. My-- OH!

"Don't panic. Just breathe. The door to your cage will unlock ---now. Exit and go to the wormhole generator. I will meet you there."

I did not waste any time getting out of that messed up torture lab. Despite the feeling of reassurance from the voice, I still felt very anxious. Anxious until I saw her.
"Brielle?" My voice barely croaked out in a whisper. Her answer was a smile and nod as she touched her colorful fingertip to her mouth and ushered me through the portal.

I turned without hesitation and jumped through, hoping Brielle was right behind me. She'd become a good friend at the Academy. I had no idea she'd been an alien. Whether she could be trusted or not didn't matter right now. All that matter was freedom. Freedom for me and... what I carried within.
[align=center]Image
Spoiler:
[/align]
LuckyDuck

Post Counts

Post by LuckyDuck »

Spoiler:
Oh god, I'm an idiot- in the last chapter, the last picture of Jacob in the pod? I was reading it on my phone on low brightness, and I mistook it for an alien in a pod. Now I know it was actually Jacob though it's more horrifying. Like I can picture a sort of Matrix-style array of these pods somewhere...
Honestly I love how this CEA has such a dark and eerie tone to it. I really love the suspense and intrigue, and I do like the sense of horror surrounding the impending alien child as well. I can only imagine how horrible it must have been stuck in that pod the whole time, poor guy. Love the wham reveal as to why he tells us his name in every chapter as well...because he's trying to hang on to it so he doesn't forget it. Love it.
Amazing work, I'm really enjoying following your story and playthrough :heart:
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

Woo, I finally "caught up" on your story. Great job so far! Very interesting. I do like the level of dark you went to. There is plenty to take away and question about what is going on. I'm excited to see what happens next!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”