The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 17th]

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: cafffy
Origin ID: rachellaaaa
Great Britain

Post Counts

The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 17th]

Post by calientequeen »

I'm too excited to start having this family posted so I'm making the boolprop thread in preparation :yoyo:
For SimNaNo (and beyond), I'm posting a legacy family I've been playing with recently. It's a random legacy but as the generations have gone on I've got more and more rubbish at sticking to my own enforced rules...so it's pretty much just a relaxed legacy.
I'm following these rules (albeit somewhat loosely)
updates:
1.1 1.2 1.3
2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5
:alert: spoilers below! you have been warned! :alert:

generation rolls
Spoiler:
generation one
marital structure: single parent
number of children: 3
primary career: video producer
generation goal: do-gooders
miscellaneous fun: perfect attendance

generation two
marital structure: second chance
number of children: 4
primary career: politician - charity organsier
secondary career #1: conservationist - marine biologist
secondary career #2: treasure hunter
generation goal: collector
miscellaneous fun: sibling rivalry

generation three
marital structure: couple
number of children: 2
primary career: culinary - mixologist
secondary career: freelance gardener (unconventional career)
generation goal: best club ever
miscellaneous fun: vacationer

generation four
marital structure: couple
number of children: 2
primary career: freelance photographer (unconventional career)
secondary career: lifeguard
generation goal: bring me back to life
miscellaneous fun: partier
sims
Spoiler:
generation one: dagna sun
children (w/ heather wells): alistair sun | anders sun | nathaniel sun

generation two: anders sun
children (w/ darla jamieson): carver sun | justice sun | velanna sun
children (w/ duncan hodge): sigrun hodge-sun

generation three: velanna sun
children (w/ nixie levine): anora sun | vivienne sun

generation four: vivienne sun
children (w/ ??): ?? | ??
Last edited by calientequeen on July 17th, 2020, 3:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 1st]

Post by Calamity Jade »

Spoiler:
I love the quality of your pictures! So bright.

Dagny is very pretty, she really is suited to be a vlogger.

I adore the Dragon Age theme! Not gonna lie I had a bit of a crush on Alistair in Origins. :slaphappy:
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 3rd]

Post by calientequeen »

chapter 1.2 is now available!
@Calamity Jade:
Spoiler:
haha I'm glad you like the naming scheme! I love Alistair as well, he's just so darn adorable! it's so hard to play through the first game without romancing him!
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 3rd]

Post by simsterlyrock »

The Sun family is so cute! I love that you're playing in lilsimsie's save since she was the first YouTuber I watched religiously for Sims Let's Plays and I love the style of her sims and houses. SO CUTE.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 11th]

Post by 108sims »

Just getting caught up on this.
Spoiler:
Your approach to toddlers seems to be pretty similar to mine. They're cute, but kind of a hassle, especially since you're dealing with a single parent this generation.

Dagna playing with Alistair at the park was so cute!

What a sweet little Winterfest with Heather coming over too. I'm sensing she mainly likes to visit on the holidays?

Who doesn't wear a crop top when pregnant. :lol:

I was definitely not that child in school. I hated homework all through uni too.

Heather really doesn't care much about those kids, does she?

I really love how Anders turned out. Even if he didn't have the red hair, I think he'd be the best looking kid? Maybe just me?

It's interesting to see you play through the random legacy aspect. It's fun to kind of follow what the rolls gave you, and they've added a lot since I last tried. It's also easy to forget certain rolls too. I feel bad that Anders is going to have to break up.

Very fancy apartment!

Darla is super pretty! I wish she could be Anders main spouse.

I LOVE Anders' hot weather outfit.

I also love the My First Pet Stuff furniture. The extra pet furniture is cute!

Pounce-A-Lot is adorable. :D

Darla and Anders are just so cute together.

There's good and bad sides of having twins. At least that means one more pregnancy this generation, and the twins are extra cute!

I hate when pets run away. :(

Yeah I don't know why they decided to include only one version of that hairstyle for each age group. I can't remember if I have the single colored version downloaded for kids or not. I have too much cc.

I like how you handled the second chance option. I didn't want Darla and Anders to break up, so I'm glad Duncan is just an additional part of their family.

It's nice to see Dagna come over and visit the family even if it was just before the time was up.

Wow I've never seen that call before either! It's heartbreaking.

I love this family a lot. :heart:
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
calientequeen
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 11th]

Post by calientequeen »

chapter 2.4 is now up!
108sims wrote:Just getting caught up on this.
Spoiler:
Your approach to toddlers seems to be pretty similar to mine. They're cute, but kind of a hassle, especially since you're dealing with a single parent this generation.

Dagna playing with Alistair at the park was so cute!

What a sweet little Winterfest with Heather coming over too. I'm sensing she mainly likes to visit on the holidays?

Who doesn't wear a crop top when pregnant. :lol:

I was definitely not that child in school. I hated homework all through uni too.

Heather really doesn't care much about those kids, does she?

I really love how Anders turned out. Even if he didn't have the red hair, I think he'd be the best looking kid? Maybe just me?

It's interesting to see you play through the random legacy aspect. It's fun to kind of follow what the rolls gave you, and they've added a lot since I last tried. It's also easy to forget certain rolls too. I feel bad that Anders is going to have to break up.

Very fancy apartment!

Darla is super pretty! I wish she could be Anders main spouse.

I LOVE Anders' hot weather outfit.

I also love the My First Pet Stuff furniture. The extra pet furniture is cute!

Pounce-A-Lot is adorable. :D

Darla and Anders are just so cute together.

There's good and bad sides of having twins. At least that means one more pregnancy this generation, and the twins are extra cute!

I hate when pets run away. :(

Yeah I don't know why they decided to include only one version of that hairstyle for each age group. I can't remember if I have the single colored version downloaded for kids or not. I have too much cc.

I like how you handled the second chance option. I didn't want Darla and Anders to break up, so I'm glad Duncan is just an additional part of their family.

It's nice to see Dagna come over and visit the family even if it was just before the time was up.

Wow I've never seen that call before either! It's heartbreaking.

I love this family a lot. :heart:
@108sims
Spoiler:
Haha thank you for all your lovely commentary/comments!! I've really grown attached to this family too (and I'm glad you also didn't want to see Darla and Anders break up!! they're just too perfect for each other!)
I'm definitely gonna have to go look for that cc so all ages can have both hair colour options. it just seems like a very weird oversight by the dev team?!
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 13th]

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Nothing wrong with some cat spam! I love cats.

This family is just so sweet and cute!

I do like how you've been keeping the same hair texture. It adds for a little extra touch of realism there. :)

I think Darla is every parent helping their kid with schoolwork. :lol:

Sigrun is cute! I think it's the eyebrows making her look so angry, or maybe she didn't like what she grew up in.

I only seem to get the blue and red glow illness if I got back to a household after playing another one, so I have no idea what causes it.

I love how realistic Pounce-a-lot is. Reminds me of one of my cats always meowing everywhere.

Both kids grew up great. Velanna is so pretty!

Darla is me. No need to change out of the PJs unless you have to.
[align=center]Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 15th]

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I still just love Darla so much. She seems like such a fun sim. :)

Love that you're moving Carver back in with the rest of the family. Weird about the not aging though.

RIP Heather. :(

Sims 4 collections are hard to complete! I've managed the snowglobe one by luck. The voidcritter and holiday plush things aren't too bad to do. They just require a lot of patience.

Sigrun is adorable.

Can't wait to see what Velanna gets up to and congrats on meeting your SimsNaNo goal!
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 15th]

Post by ciyrose »

As is so very common for me, I am already so far behind. :) I've been trying to get through reading as many of the SimNaNo entries I can, but I'm woefully behind most of them, but that's ok! :) Lots of fun stuff to read. So here I go diving into your Random Legacy (which I love the idea of trying someday.)

Generation 1:
Spoiler:
LOVE Dagna, she's adorable, and her little starter house is adorable! Heather is pretty and I"m sure they will have cute kids if they get that far. :) Awww, too bad about the lunch. I don't think I've had an issue getting seated at a restaurant, so that's sad. But yay for baby 1. I sort of wish they had people have various levels of freaking out, but oh well. Welcome, little Alistair. Love the name btw, and the whole theme. He's a cutie for sure!

OMG, I don't think I've ever taken a toddler to the park and watched them play make-believe. It's ADORABLE!!! I must try this now. Oh man, invisible baby.....glad he's ok as another adorable toddler. This time with red hair! Hi Anders, you are so cute! Toddlers are adorable! That thinking skill can be tough. The fastest way I've found to gain is to have the toddler watch people. If you have parents at home that makes it usually pretty easy. I have totally had Winterfest outside myself. :D Just to double-check, you know you can place presents under the tree and don't need a separate pile right? YAY for the final baby being on the way. :) Happy Birthday Anders. Awww, welcome angelic Nathaniel. He's also adorable.

I have no idea why the flower bunny glows, but I would also be curious in the answer. I love it when kids are close and always hugging each other. I think it's super sweet. I love Ander's look at a teen. Very handsome! I really do wish there was another meal to make for vegetarians for holidays. Oh well. Good job Dagna. I am getting better at the fame stuff, but it's still rough to get all those stars. You did have a lot of birthdays, but they were fun. I enjoyed watching the family grow up. :)
That's all I'm going to get through at the moment, but I will be back!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 17th]

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I'm excited to see your Eco Living gameplay as I still haven't played around with it much.

I would still want a TV with a nice view. :lol:

Seeing the town in an industrial footprint is kind of cool. Gives me some apocalyptic vibes.

Yikes and Velanna almost dying! Good thing you were able to start over.

I love Nixie! :D

Yeah I wouldn't want my bed overlooking a giant open door where anyone could walk by and stare at me.

I'm still not sure how I feel about dumpster woohoo, but at least they're official and had fun?

Yeah I loved TS3 snowmen. Especially the alien one. :)

Yay baby! I'm excited to see what their kids look like.
[align=center]Image
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The Sun Random Legacy [updated July 17th]

Post by ciyrose »

Ok, time to see if I can get through Generation 2 now. :)
Spoiler:
Darla is beautiful. You did a wonderful on her! I do love it when sims doing that cheek kiss autonomously. It's adorable, and I think these two will make adorable kids. Welcome Carver. :) He is super cute as a toddler! I love it! Awww, Pounce-A-Lot, so cute! That egg bed is ADORABLE!

The wedding was beautiful. I really want to do a wedding at the romance festival at some point. They really did a great job with the pets. I haven't played with them often, but I LOVE the cats! Oh boy twins!!! Carver is a cute boy too. Velanna is SO SWEET!!!! I love her!!! Justice is also a handsome little boy. :) Yep, those gnomes can be a pain if you do them early. In starter families where I want a garden I do them early so I can get lots of seeds, but otherwise yeah....they are a little overwhelming. Glad Pounce-A-Lot wasn't gone long. I seem to always have pets running away, regardless of how much we do for them. lol Apparently, some are just prone to it.

Awww, I like the story of how Duncan came to join the family and for them to have their "non-traditional" continuation of their happy family. :D YAY for a grandma visit! I love when the parents/grandparents or really any of the extended family come by autonomously. Awww, bye bye Dagna. :( You will be missed. Carver is certainly an interesting looking teen, with some interesting traits. lol OMG, Sigrun is just the cutest! I love that hair on her. I also love that Eco top!!! LOL.....I laughed at the photo with poor Pounce-A-Lot, that is so a kid with a cat.

Awww, I love that hair too and on Sigrun it's just beautiful on her. I am pretty sure it's bear, because bare is like it's plain or empty. Like Bare Naked or Bare Shelves. Whereas Bear is either the animal or to carry something or be weighed down by it I think. So I think the idea would be he couldn't hold onto the stress of worrying about the cat, so it would be 'bear.' :D The teens are fun, and yay for Velanna being heiress. She'll be fun.

I always get a little bit of a laugh at the "we thought you might want to know" message for when someone passes. I get why, but it's like, yeah, I do want to know my mom/dad/sister/brother/etc passed away, OF COURSE! lol Man, pour Pounce-A-Lot has been sick a fair amount lately. Poor kitty! SO CLOSE with the snow globes! Can they do it??? I guess not. Some of these collections are HARD! The costumes for spooky day can be really fun. lol Oh wow, Sigrun is beatuiful as a teen. I know she won't be heiress but she if lovely. If you upload her to the gallery let me know! Hard to believed Anders is already an elder, but he's very handsome still.
That gets me through another generation at least! You are doing great!

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”