Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 10/16/23

All sims 4 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 10/16/23

Post by Designergirl81 »

After finishing my Dear Diary Challenge I decided I wanted to try the Not So Berry Challenge by lilsimsie. As I was reading the rules I noticed that it hadn't been updated to reflect any packs other than City Living and Get to Work. I wanted to incorporate other packs, new traits, aspirations, etc, so I came up with my own version of the challenge which is why I am calling this Not So Berry with a Twist.

I hope you enjoy!

Mint Generation
Spoiler:
Mint Generation: Ivy Bennett
Rose Generation Yellow Generation Grey Generation Plum Generation Orange Generation
Spoiler:
Orange Generation: Vixen * Please note that with this generation I explored the Teen Pregnancy and Adoption modules in Lumpinou’s WhooHoo Wellness and Pregnancy Overhaul mod. The teen pregnancy part of the story takes place mainly in chapters 3-6 so if that is triggering for anyone or not your type of story please skip to chapter 7.
Pink Generation Onyx Generation
I know in the official Not So Berry rules Peach is the next generation. But this is my “Twist” on the challenge and a) there is no “filter by color” in The Sims 4 for Peach and 2) I have a hard time differentiating peach from either Orange or Pink – it is just too similar. So I decided to go an entirely different direction and made my next generation Onyx (black). Blue Generation
I completely redid the Blue Generation from the original challenge. I made this the gamer generation and brought in a bunch of stuff from the new high school years pack.
Last edited by Designergirl81 on October 16th, 2023, 3:03 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 7-6-21

Post by Designergirl81 »

Chapters 1-8 of the Plum Generation are ready to go. More to come in the next few days!
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 7-6-21

Post by Designergirl81 »

nooboostar wrote:I've been binge-reading this story the whole week, and I'm proud to say that I've finally caught up lol. I really like the first-person/story-telling narrative style you did, since it's not that common with Sims challenges, and I love how each generation is assigned a specific color as well. Looking forward to more updates in the future! ^^
Glad you are enjoying the story. I was really interested in trying the Not So Berry Challenge but really wanted to incorporate more packs, so I put my own twist on some of the generations.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Final post of Plum Generation and ALL of Orange Generation

Post by Designergirl81 »

Sorry for not posting any more chapters in the last 4 or 5 months. While I had been playing the Sims 4 I got behind in writing the chapters. Work was hectic and then I suffered a personal loss as my 13-year-old Beagle passed away. But I have finally caught up on all the writing. I am happy to share the final chapter of the Plum generation as well as ALL of the Orange Generation. For those that are familiar with the Not So Berry Challenge, you will notice that the Orange Generation is VERY different from the official rules. That is because I have been putting my own twist on this challenge to incorporate different packs. I have also been experimenting with different mods for the purpose of storytelling. I hope you enjoy the latest chapters and feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

Plum Generation: Chapter 20 - Final Chapter

Orange Generation
Spoiler:
Orange Generation: Vixen - NEW *Please note that with this generation I explored the Teen Pregnancy and Adoption modules in Lumpinou’s WhooHoo Wellness and Pregnancy Overhaul mod. The teen pregnancy part of the story takes place mainly in chapters 3-6 so if that is triggering for anyone or not your type of story please skip to chapter 7.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 12-1-21

Post by peachy123uk »

I haven't read all the generations but i have really enjoyed the orange generation. She certainly enjoyed a lot of things.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

peachy123uk wrote:I haven't read all the generations but i have really enjoyed the orange generation. She certainly enjoyed a lot of things.
Glad you enjoyed reading the Orange Generation. I hope to post the first chapter of Pink soon.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Designergirl81 »

nooboostar wrote:All caught up! I'm so jealous that Vixen got to go on so many adventures, but I'm glad she lived a fulfilling life! I felt really bad for her in the beginning when she was still a teen living at home (I hate Coral with a passion, lol). Can't wait to see where Zinnia takes the legacy next. :)
Nooboostar, glad you are enjoying the story so far. I too hated Coral.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Not So Berry with a Twist - Start of Pink Gen

Post by Designergirl81 »

Here are several chapters of the Pink Generation. Note that it is slightly different than the original rules as this is my own "Twist" version of the Not So Berry Challenge. Hope you enjoy. Feedback and comments are always welcome.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 1-27-22

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Been working my way through this, on Plum generation Ch.5 right now. Kind of makes me want to get back to my own Berrycy, it's on my list of things to update I just haven't gotten to it yet. I'll probably be back later on with other comments once I finish.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 1-27-22

Post by Designergirl81 »

nooboostar wrote:Loving Zinnia's journey so far! Her and Ezra are the cutest couple ever! I felt so bad that she couldn't get pregnant for so long, but I'm glad it worked out in the end and they'll be expecting triplets! ^^

Out of curiosity, was this the game's doing? Or is there a rule in Zinnia's generation that she's not allowed to have children naturally?

Can't wait to see what else happens with the Pink generation! Also, I really love their new house! :)
@nooboostar, glad you are enjoying Pink Gen so far. To answer your question there was nothing in the rules about Pink Gen having trouble getting pregnant or not being able to have a baby naturally. I play with Mods like MCCC and had recently been trying out Woohoo Wellness and Pregnant Overhaul mod and Wonderful Whims. I was experimenting with Wonderful Whims and one of the features was to assign a random "Wonderful Attribute". I honestly didn't know what they were so did that for Zinnia and the attribute it randomly selected was Hypodertile which states Sims with this trait will have a decreased chance of getting pregnant. In other challenges that I have done - 100 Baby, Baby Boom, etc - my sims always get pregnant so easily. I think in 100 Baby I only had a sim not get pregnant a couple of times. So playing with a sim that couldn't get pregnant right away was something new. The Woohoo Wellness and Pregnancy Overhaul Mod has options for IVF so I decided to combine the two.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Not So Berry with a Twist - Conclusion of Pink Gen

Post by Designergirl81 »

Here are the final four chapters for Pink Generation!
Last edited by Designergirl81 on March 18th, 2022, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Not So Berry with a Twist - Start of Onyx Generation

Post by Designergirl81 »

I know in the official Not So Berry rules Peach is the next generation. But this is my “Twist” on the challenge and a) there is no “filter by color” in The Sims 4 for Peach and 2) I have a hard time differentiating peach from either Orange or Pink – it is just too similar. So I decided to go an entirely different direction and made my next generation Onyx (black).

Onyx Generation: Raven
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 3-18-22

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Ooh it is great to put a twist on a twist.
I am really enjoying all the generations I have nearly caught up with them all.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Not So Berry with a Twist - Updated 3-18-22

Post by Designergirl81 »

peachy123uk wrote: March 18th, 2022, 2:27 pm I am really enjoying all the generations I have nearly caught up with them all.
Glad you are enjoying all the generations so far.
Designergirl81
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
It’s my birthday
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Not So Berry with a Twist - Second update of the day

Post by Designergirl81 »

I was so behind on typing up chapters for this challenge. I am working on getting caught up. Here are four more chapters for the Onyx Generation.

Return to “Sims 4 Stories”