Teen Legacies by We_are_all_trash (TS2)

Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Teen Legacies by We_are_all_trash (TS2)

Post by Lorinsv »

(Saved from a web archive. Source: http://web.archive.org/web/201504060015 ... ic615.html)

I recently started a A Teen Legacy (which can be read here: http://www.forums.boolprop.com/viewtopi ... 46&t=21937 DEAD LINK), a lot of people seemed to like the idea of starting a legacy with a teenager, and it's very fun indeed. So, here's how I did it:

The purpose of this is to explain the "guidelines" for a teen legacy. The Legacy Challenge was created by pinstar and you can read more about it at http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/lega ... nge-rules/ (EDITED TO UPDATE LEGACY CHALLENGE LINK) - All in all, this variation will follow the same rules, what's different here is how your founder(s) begins and how the heirs are treated later on. Please note that these are guidelines on how I played, you can modify it at any time:

1. First off: create your founders in CAS, you will need at least one adult and one teen sim. Your teen sim is your legacy founder. Another way to do is:
Create two adults, one male and one female.
Hit the "Create A Baby" button.
Select the age and gender of your founder, and randomize till you get a desired look.
This method will let you pass down the parents genetics later on.

2. Move your family into an empty lot. Follow pinstar's rules in that you can only have 4,800 simoleons to begin with (by moving them into the 5x5 lot, or familyfunding the money away). Extreme starts are not recommended!

3. Find a way to move the parents out:
Get a computer and have them find their own place, they will leave their teen child behind.
Kill them, delete them, etc.

Ta-da! Now you have a lone teenager to start a legacy with! Here are some tips:
Get your teen a job. Less time you will have to see them and it will get some cash flow in.
Use your simoleons wisely, you will be running on very few funds for two weeks.
Your teen sims get fed at school, remember that.
Dogs and cats make more money than teens, remember that too.

Once your founder turns into an adult, if you keep playing like a normal legacy, it won't be a Teen Legacy anymore! Here are some ideas on how to keep it a teen legacy:
Once all the children of a generation turn teens, move the parents out again.
Select an heir, and once they turn into teens, move them out, or move everyone else out.

I haven't played that far in my game yet, so I have yet to test how the subsequent generations will be treated. This is all an "In-progress" thing. I think you should get extra points for starting a teen legacy, but I personally don't play for points, so I will leave this open to the community and have you guys decide.

Just a small FYI: I don't recommend Extreme Starts with this. My teen sim hardly made any money during the 14 day period, I can't see how they can survive with only 1,000 simoleons (or however many is it that you have at the start of an extreme legacy) for 14 days! But someone brave should test this out!

Okay, so that's what I have so far! Please let me know what you think. I love feedback.
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Rulesets”