Destrudo's Despair: COMPLETE with Epilogue (9/20/20)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 11! updated 7/29

Post by Calamity Jade »

Lorinsv wrote:Fun updates!
Spoiler:
Yes! on Athletic, Journalism and Edumacation!

Too bad it was too late for Faith, but that's an Apocalypse for you.

:jawdrop: Tuckerrrr, why you..! Can't believe he got the Jumbok. The Gugenheim reward thingy probably softened that blow somewhat, but I would have been livid! Omigosh!

:wizard: Couldn't have asked for a more serendipitous dress for an aspiring Icon!

The pagoda tower looks good!
Spoiler:
Definitely feels good to get Athletic off my shoulders! Makes other restrictions more manageable.

Poor Faith indeed. She's been the only one so far who's been in a three bolt relationship! True Love I tell ya.

Trust me, I've never hated a dog more than I hated Tucker. The quill pen is just not the same, because you can't raise fun by looking at it. Yeah, that was heart-wrenching, Jumbok's been there since the beginning!

I love the pagoda roof. Any other roof I try to do looks weird, but I like the Takemizu style buildings.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 12! updated 8/1

Post by Calamity Jade »

Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
Great update, congrats on Show Biz! Makeovers are especially important IMO when everyone's coloring is so similar.

Lol, some Sims are born to be terrible mothers. Loved the shot of Jason under the pet bed!

One opportunity I think EAxis missed with toddler coding, is them not rolling any wants for their siblings. You would think they'd be thrilled having a big brother/sister teach them things, or read or play or whatever. And more importantly, it would help soooo much in an Apocalypse! :splat: (And don't get me started on Family Sims rolling wants to have kids, but not do anything with them afterward. Ugh, and the Puppies/Kittens LTW. I've never even wanted to attempt that, don't think I ever will.)

I have an undocumented Borg AC going, haven't played it for over a year. So far I've lifted Artist (surprisingly good first lift), Business, Military, Intelligence and Medical. Would really like to lift Law soon. I've played 3 AC's and have never been able to lift Culinary early on.
Image Image
ISTJ
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Lorinsv wrote:
Spoiler:
Great update, congrats on Show Biz! Makeovers are especially important IMO when everyone's coloring is so similar.

Lol, some Sims are born to be terrible mothers. Loved the shot of Jason under the pet bed!

One opportunity I think EAxis missed with toddler coding, is them not rolling any wants for their siblings. You would think they'd be thrilled having a big brother/sister teach them things, or read or play or whatever. And more importantly, it would help soooo much in an Apocalypse! :splat: (And don't get me started on Family Sims rolling wants to have kids, but not do anything with them afterward. Ugh, and the Puppies/Kittens LTW. I've never even wanted to attempt that, don't think I ever will.)

I have an undocumented Borg AC going, haven't played it for over a year. So far I've lifted Artist (surprisingly good first lift), Business, Military, Intelligence and Medical. Would really like to lift Law soon. I've played 3 AC's and have never been able to lift Culinary early on.
Spoiler:
I've still got my fingers crossed that we get recessives back soon. Makeovers are a great start, especially with boys who tend to look the same.

Just goes to show you that personality points don't tell the whole story. It's not that Seren is mean particularly, she's inattentive and likely jaded from being forced to have so many kids.

It kills me when they go to bed, then wake up and move just to pass out. :pan:

Yeah I wish toddlers could roll wants for other relatives, especially since I need the parents doing other things and teaching skills takes up more time without smart milk. But hey, that's what grandparents are for!

That's how it goes with the Family sims I've played. Every time they have a kid, they roll wants for more, but then none for their current kid. As far as love is concerned, imo they can be just as crazy as romancers. Give me 50 Dream dates/20 lovers over 6 married kids/6 grandkids any day! At least those are more fun.

No I can definitely see Artist being a good first lift. It's a struggle for kids to gain creativity early on, and viewing decoratives is much more efficient for fun than playing red hands. Now that I think about it, I think you can get away with not lifting Culinary for a while as long as you keep the families small and don't do pets. But then again, you'd have senile elders and bored kids to deal with. :faint:
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 13! updated 8/3

Post by Calamity Jade »

Another update! Next one won't come quite as quickly, as I still have a ways to play.

Love's Labours Lost
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

Spoiler:
Now Sandy/Atlas has to be canon, right? (Satlas? Aandy?)
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Marnie wrote:
Spoiler:
Now Sandy/Atlas has to be canon, right? (Satlas? Aandy?)
Spoiler:
Who knows? :sly: Family/Romance clashes like oil and water.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Nice update, I enjoyed seeing the new variety in the family's looks (especially like Lisa's makeover), and I always appreciate character development :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Thanks Lorin! I do want to explore more character development without getting bogged down with too many details.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 14! updated 8/6

Post by Calamity Jade »

Update! Now, just need to play through University...

Episode 14: Slashing the Red Tape
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yay!
Spoiler:
Hooray for lifting Law and removing all those annoying suppressions, and Politics - busting out of the 8x8!
I like when neighbors walk by with their pets too. I don't recall ever seeing the "React to Dislike" action, I will have to seek it out.
Wow, and Alien Tech too! Omigosh, Nebula is such a cutie! :heart:
I like seeing Sandy Bruty in people's games, although I've never played her myself. Perhaps some day...

Reading your AC got me back into mine. I want Law lifted so bad! I'm one promotion away from lifting Education, and then Journalism is next (of course, no sign of Culinary anywhere :hissyfit: )
I'm really enjoying your story, it brings back fond memories of Boolprop's Apocalypse heyday :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Lorinsv wrote:Yay!
Spoiler:
Hooray for lifting Law and removing all those annoying suppressions, and Politics - busting out of the 8x8!
I like when neighbors walk by with their pets too. I don't recall ever seeing the "React to Dislike" action, I will have to seek it out.
Wow, and Alien Tech too! Omigosh, Nebula is such a cutie! :heart:
I like seeing Sandy Bruty in people's games, although I've never played her myself. Perhaps some day...

Reading your AC got me back into mine. I want Law lifted so bad! I'm one promotion away from lifting Education, and then Journalism is next (of course, no sign of Culinary anywhere :hissyfit: )
I'm really enjoying your story, it brings back fond memories of Boolprop's Apocalypse heyday :)
I'm glad you're enjoying the ride. :) I'm at the point where I'm not too worried about the rules anymore, so I can definitely see the finish line in sight!
Spoiler:
I was hoping to get Law lifted sooner but I'm glad it's finally done, along with all the other risky seasons careers.

The react to dislike happens when a sim reacts poorly to another sim's painting while in they're in the room. Pretty neat, I love all these subtle features in the game!

Nebula is a product of my recently installed Multi-PT mod. It was such insane luck in the abduction, I don't think I've ever had one so quickly!

I love Sandy and all the classic PV townies. Whether or not I actually try to do her 20 loves LTW is left to be unseen though.

And I would love to see how your own Borg apoc is doing(but to be fair I still have to finish reading Romancing the Apocalypse haha)
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 15! updated 8/10

Post by Calamity Jade »

The uni update! Written differently than usual. :)

Chemical Misfire, a Memoir
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

That was good!
Spoiler:
More memories! I used to write in first-person all the time, I really enjoyed delving into a character and finding out what made them tick.

The Uni house! It looks positively luxurious, with all that spaaaace, and no ghosts...

Ah, sweet Jasmine, I like her a lot, and she's probably too good for Jason, although I'm still shipping them, if he either shits or gets off the pot with her. Otherwise, she deserves much better than his namby-pamby wishy-washy nonsense. (I can't judge him too harshly though, being sheltered and inexperienced) On the plus side, some of my favorite Sim couples have low bolts. :)

:spit: Omigosh, the end - I am still laughing! :rotfl: Boy, did Seren lift Show Business not a moment too soon! :rotfl:
Spoiler:
Despite shipping them, I came up with an intriguing thought: what turn would Jasmine's life take if she doesn't end up with Jason? :hmm:
Image Image
ISTJ
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Lorinsv wrote:That was good!
Spoiler:
More memories! I used to write in first-person all the time, I really enjoyed delving into a character and finding out what made them tick.

The Uni house! It looks positively luxurious, with all that spaaaace, and no ghosts...

Ah, sweet Jasmine, I like her a lot, and she's probably too good for Jason, although I'm still shipping them, if he either shits or gets off the pot with her. Otherwise, she deserves much better than his namby-pamby wishy-washy nonsense. (I can't judge him too harshly though, being sheltered and inexperienced) On the plus side, some of my favorite Sim couples have low bolts. :)

:spit: Omigosh, the end - I am still laughing! :rotfl: Boy, did Seren lift Show Business not a moment too soon! :rotfl:
Spoiler:
Despite shipping them, I came up with an intriguing thought: what turn would Jasmine's life take if she doesn't end up with Jason? :hmm:
Spoiler:
I'm satisfied with how the house turned out, even with crappy furniture. ^^

Funny thing is, after Jasmine and Jason broke up, they eventually moved from one to two bolts! So...we'll see how things go there. To be fair for Jason, at least he told her about his indiscretion rather than having her find out herself. I think that's big.

Glad you enjoyed the first person. Uni is boring enough as it is, especially in the apoc, so I wanted to keep things interesting both for myself and readers. I'll probably do this for the next(and hopefully last!) uni chapter.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 16! updated 8/12

Post by Calamity Jade »

Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 17! updated 8/16

Post by Calamity Jade »

Back with another update!

Episode 17: Friends Like These
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

Spoiler:
I'm going to miss Seren. She was kickass! But then again, so is Nebula. I'm excited that's she's heir, though I'm going to miss the trademark Bruty lips.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Marnie wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm going to miss Seren. She was kickass! But then again, so is Nebula. I'm excited that's she's heir, though I'm going to miss the trademark Bruty lips.
Spoiler:
Seren was great, I was a bit sad to see her go but she lived a long life and I'm honestly already in love with Nebula. :heartbeat: Then again, I think I will like any girl heir because there have been SO MANY boys.

As much as I like Sandy, I don't fancy her lips on anyone else hehe.
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I absolutely love that you have this set up as a TV show, though somehow I don't think Angela really knows what she's gotten herself into.

Wow Angela got a lot of chance cards. :lol:

Going to work for the free meals is always a plus when you're just starting out, especially in an apocalypse.

I've never done an apoc myself, but I've read them, but it's been a long time, so I've completely forgotten about a bunch of restrictions. You're doing great with what you have so far.

Love that Gabriel is getting introduced to his future spouse earlier!

The kid's reactions to their parent's PDA was funny.

What an unfortunate outfit Angela grew up in.

Poor Gabe with his inevitable aspiration failure for skipping college.

Woo for Solveig entering the family and letting them eat food!

Wow you lucked out with getting the jobs you wanted for everyone, even though they're already getting chance cards.

I know I would be thinking of things besides college if I were a teen sim, but I also really didn't want to go to college.

Wow Solveig try and look a little happier about your new baby!

Aamir's outfit and hairstyle combo is hilarious.

RIP Angela. She was a good founder. :(

Solveig is the worst. Not caring about her kids, cheating on her husband right in front of his face.

Now Zeeshan's gone too. :(

Gabe finding out about Solveig and Faith was anitclamtic, or he just really didn't care too much since they weren't really in love? Who knows?
I'll be back to finish the rest soon, but I'm really enjoying this so far. :)
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”