Destrudo's Despair: COMPLETE with Epilogue (9/20/20)

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 21! updated 8/29

Post by Lorinsv »

Just read 16 and 17:
Spoiler:
Wowza housa, it looks like Destrudo's Fortress now! I had the same problem with errant floor tiles for my AC family's rebuild. It was before I knew about the Batbox, and I moved the entire family out, bulldozed the lot, moved them back in and rebuilt the new house again.

Tucker and Meadow showing up at the lot was funny - it's that kind of stuff that really makes love the game :spin:

All right, check off Intelligence and the gravely-needed Paranormal! I wanted Intelligence lifted early because it's too much micromanaging to keep non-friends out of the house.

Dayum, Nebula is cute! Don't tell her, but I like Gerald a lot too. Aww, it was nice seeing Jasmine and Jason again.
Image Image
ISTJ
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Lorinsv wrote:Just read 16 and 17:
Spoiler:
Wowza housa, it looks like Destrudo's Fortress now! I had the same problem with errant floor tiles for my AC family's rebuild. It was before I knew about the Batbox, and I moved the entire family out, bulldozed the lot, moved them back in and rebuilt the new house again.

Tucker and Meadow showing up at the lot was funny - it's that kind of stuff that really makes love the game :spin:

All right, check off Intelligence and the gravely-needed Paranormal! I wanted Intelligence lifted early because it's too much micromanaging to keep non-friends out of the house.

Dayum, Nebula is cute! Don't tell her, but I like Gerald a lot too. Aww, it was nice seeing Jasmine and Jason again.
Spoiler:
I didn't see an option on the Batbox to remove the tiles, but at this point I'm used to seeing them and too lazy to move 'em out. :slaphappy:

Meadow better stop showing up so much, or I may have to use her for something that won't be pretty.

It IS a lot of micromanaging. But considering the hobby people barge in regardless I try not to worry myself over it.

I adore Nebula and Gerry has his uses, as you will see in future updates. :)
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Hmmm so Jasmine and Jason are just living together for now.

I'll be sad wen Atlas goes. :(

Oh, so she did say yes, and they're just waiting for the right time. I agree that they still have some stuff to work out, but Jasmine's being super chill about everything all things considered.

Aamir got a a makeover!!!

Yeah, that's always super awkward with your sims that don't age. Eventually, they don't realize they're family. It leads to some yuck experiences. :cover:

I love how you wrote Goth Downtownie Teen.

Wow Celeste is awesome! She almost got into private school without even getting to the dinner portion.

Ava trying to date Ava. :lol:

Love that Aamir took an old paper, and Nebula and Komei bonding by yelling at him.

The bald tiger facepaint is a a look.

Well at least Meadow wasn't too hard on Ava. :shrug:

I'm sure Komei's happy that one of his daughters is a fortune sim.

I feel like Komei may have a favorite too. Celeste seems more likely to follow in his footsteps while Ava is well Ava.

Poor Celeste. I'm glad you got her cured!

:( :( I just feel like Atlas has been around so long it makes his passing extra sad.

Can't wait to see what else the girls get up to!
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Hmmm so Jasmine and Jason are just living together for now.

I'll be sad wen Atlas goes. :(

Oh, so she did say yes, and they're just waiting for the right time. I agree that they still have some stuff to work out, but Jasmine's being super chill about everything all things considered.

Aamir got a a makeover!!!

Yeah, that's always super awkward with your sims that don't age. Eventually, they don't realize they're family. It leads to some yuck experiences. :cover:

I love how you wrote Goth Downtownie Teen.

Wow Celeste is awesome! She almost got into private school without even getting to the dinner portion.

Ava trying to date Ava. :lol:

Love that Aamir took an old paper, and Nebula and Komei bonding by yelling at him.

The bald tiger facepaint is a a look.

Well at least Meadow wasn't too hard on Ava. :shrug:

I'm sure Komei's happy that one of his daughters is a fortune sim.

I feel like Komei may have a favorite too. Celeste seems more likely to follow in his footsteps while Ava is well Ava.

Poor Celeste. I'm glad you got her cured!

:( :( I just feel like Atlas has been around so long it makes his passing extra sad.

Can't wait to see what else the girls get up to!
Spoiler:
Jasmine and Jason just need time, in my opinion. Not trying to be cheesy and say "time heals all wounds," but it definitely helps put things into perspective.

Aamir's a stunner in my opinion. It's hilarious how he's attracted to a very tidy guy.

I like Goth Downtownie Boy, although it's annoying that his face template is broken, so he looks different when you grow him up.

The friendzone feature of ACR is a godsend, although it doesn't stop the heartfarting and romance swoons.

Heheh, expect to see more "unique" makeovers of townies who fall out of my good graces.

Yeah, totally forgot that mysterious disease is a thing. But actually, it's fairly difficult to kill a sim off that way. You'd have to actively not pay attention and let them suffer for a while.

Komei is sure happy that one of his daughter's rolled fortune, meanwhile I'm shaking my head at my dice for landing on the same number always. :slaphappy:
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 22! updated 8/31

Post by Calamity Jade »

I bring forth another update, making this the last one before this Gen heads to uni(for the last time!).
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
Everyone's missing Atlas. :(

Jason is one lucky sim for surviving that many lightening strikes.

Ooo I wonder how Jason and Jasmine will handle the upcoming baby.

Oh Komei you're a bit of a prude. I think Ava will do just fine as heiress.

I think Komei is making waaaaaay too big of deal about this. Just because Ava's a pleasure sim doesn't mean she can't handle being heir.

Angel's cute! I'm interested in any possible plot you may have for him.

I'm glad that Nebula is at least a little bit on Ava's side.

At least at college she can finish her dates without Komei's judgement.

I can't wait for the uni chapter!
[align=center]Image
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
Everyone's missing Atlas. :(

Jason is one lucky sim for surviving that many lightening strikes.

Ooo I wonder how Jason and Jasmine will handle the upcoming baby.

Oh Komei you're a bit of a prude. I think Ava will do just fine as heiress.

I think Komei is making waaaaaay too big of deal about this. Just because Ava's a pleasure sim doesn't mean she can't handle being heir.

Angel's cute! I'm interested in any possible plot you may have for him.

I'm glad that Nebula is at least a little bit on Ava's side.

At least at college she can finish her dates without Komei's judgement.

I can't wait for the uni chapter!
Spoiler:
If you think Komei's a prude, then I guess I've done a good job portraying him. ^^ He may be very traditional and dead-set in his ways, but he will just have to accept that Ava is who she is. Nebula is a bit more understanding, since she is very playful.

For Angel, I have another challenge in the books for him. I just can't wait to see how he turns out once he's older.

I've actually already finished uni, though it took a bit of marathoning. I also took a lot of pics, some of which will be culled, but I still think the end result will be quite big.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Just read them all, nice going so far. Only six left now and I can give you that medal. I had the radioactive one before but I don't know if I'll be going back to play my Apocalypse again for a while yet. Anyway, I'll be waiting for the next one now. ^^
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
Just read them all, nice going so far. Only six left now and I can give you that medal. I had the radioactive one before but I don't know if I'll be going back to play my Apocalypse again for a while yet. Anyway, I'll be waiting for the next one now. ^^
Thanks for reading, Ani! This is pretty much the farthest I've gone in an apocalypse and a challenge in general so very excited to see it through.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 23! updated 9/1

Post by Calamity Jade »

It rained all day yesterday, so I got the writing bug and managed to crank out this update!

Episode 23: School Rumble
Audrey
United States of America

Post by Audrey »

Loving it!
Spoiler:
i love how you have Komei be all proper instead of being a caveman type. It’s so different and an interesting take on him!
So glad Ava was able to get her LTW done AND able to find herself a suitable partner. I think she’ll be a great heiress.
You are doing super well with the challenge, I commend you for being so brave. I could never do an apocalypse. I’d break down the first generation, and here you are, close to the finish line!
I also love the way this is written. So good!!
In Progress Challenges:
The Ugly Truth ISBI | Next up: A Strangetown Playthrough?
Sims 2 Simself (Family aspiration, 4/6/4/5/6)
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I bet you're glad you won't have to put your sims through uni anymore, at least not in this challenge anyway.

Lots of oldies being sent Ava's way. :lol:

I love her butterfly tattoo!

OOOOO I wonder how things will work between Celeste and Remington.

And poor Celeste gets shot down for now.

Ava wouldn't be Ava without checking out the firefighter before he left.

Love the mention of the spatula. :haha:

Awe Celeste and Remington are cute together despite what the judgy dormies may think.

The hobby leaders love Ava!

Maybe Komei and Nebula had Gerry do the calling for them.

Go Remington!

I'm happy he and Celeste will tie the knot. They're cute together.

Looks like things are going well for Christopher and Ava too.

I'm glad Komei approves of Remington and Celeste. As always he needs to lay off Ava, but hopefully Nebula will talk some sense into him.

Your family sure does Romance sims. :D I'm glad Komei at least offered up some approval for Christopher and Ava.
[align=center]Image
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Audrey wrote:Loving it!
Spoiler:
i love how you have Komei be all proper instead of being a caveman type. It’s so different and an interesting take on him!
So glad Ava was able to get her LTW done AND able to find herself a suitable partner. I think she’ll be a great heiress.
You are doing super well with the challenge, I commend you for being so brave. I could never do an apocalypse. I’d break down the first generation, and here you are, close to the finish line!
I also love the way this is written. So good!!
Spoiler:
Haha yes, I did notice Komei's often written as a caveman, but when he used to walk by the lot he would always talk about art and stuff, giving me the idea to write him as the cultured type. Sad to say but I don't think I'll be getting his lifetime want done, it takes quite a bit of time and would just prolong the challenge.

I enjoyed doing the dates with Ava, at the very least it gave me something to work on while playing through uni.

I did have some minor slip-ups early on(mainly with Entertainment lol), but it was nothing too life-altering. I will say though, I didn't think I could do an apocalypse either for the longest time, but I have read a lot of apoc stories and loved their craziness. That prompted me to try my own, as each apocalypse can be done differently depending on your playstyle. And reading other stories definitely introduced a lot of helpful tips(like storing papers in inventory to get a different job).

The first three generations were definitely TOUGH, that's for sure. But I got lucky by finding spouses who were high up in Culinary and Medical. The hardness toned down considerably once Athletics was unlocked, and dare I say it, sometimes I miss the more imminent challenge. I never thought I'd get this far, so thanks for reading!
108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
I bet you're glad you won't have to put your sims through uni anymore, at least not in this challenge anyway.

Lots of oldies being sent Ava's way. :lol:

I love her butterfly tattoo!

OOOOO I wonder how things will work between Celeste and Remington.

And poor Celeste gets shot down for now.

Ava wouldn't be Ava without checking out the firefighter before he left.

Love the mention of the spatula. :haha:

Awe Celeste and Remington are cute together despite what the judgy dormies may think.

The hobby leaders love Ava!

Maybe Komei and Nebula had Gerry do the calling for them.

Go Remington!

I'm happy he and Celeste will tie the knot. They're cute together.

Looks like things are going well for Christopher and Ava too.

I'm glad Komei approves of Remington and Celeste. As always he needs to lay off Ava, but hopefully Nebula will talk some sense into him.

Your family sure does Romance sims. :D I'm glad Komei at least offered up some approval for Christopher and Ava.
Spoiler:
Celeste and Remington was a little bit engineered by me, ever since that day I saw them talking at the business and knew they had compatible aspirations. It was pure chance that he was assigned to be their maid in college. I don't remember his stats offhand but I think he is a Cancer, so probably shy and that's why he didn't accept her flirt right away. I also don't understand why he and the cheerleader hate each other, but I'm glad he kicked some sense into her.

Yes, I love Ava's tattoo with that top! Definitely had the vibe I had going for her. I think Ava getting with a romance sim was almost inevitable, as there aren't that many pleasure townies in the game, and romance is the next best thing compatibility wise. Plus Christopher has recessives so he's good in my books. Komei doesn't really have a choice in the matter!
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 24! updated 9/4

Post by Calamity Jade »

Update goodness right here
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
:lol: Christopher's cheesy serenade was great.

Oh Komei, still as self centered as ever.

Hopefully Christopher and Ava get some alone time on their honeymoon. Annoying townies!

Woo Ava can teleport!

Wow Christopher and Ava can't catch a break on their honeymoon.

Love that little girl who's messing with everyone.

I'm glad Christopher won't cheat on Ava. He could've been a fun Grilled Cheese sim, but I'm glad his aspiration worked out for your plans.

Komei and Nebula make cute elders.

Glad you were able to cure them both from the flu!

I love that Komei and Nebula have matching swimsuits. :D

Yay baby! Are you sure they're pleasure sims since they want to try for another already? ;)

Hopefully Celeste can find her job soon, so she and Remington can be together.

Woo go Ava!

I can't wait to see this generation's kiddos.
[align=center]Image
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

108sims wrote:
Spoiler:
:lol: Christopher's cheesy serenade was great.

Oh Komei, still as self centered as ever.

Hopefully Christopher and Ava get some alone time on their honeymoon. Annoying townies!

Woo Ava can teleport!

Wow Christopher and Ava can't catch a break on their honeymoon.

Love that little girl who's messing with everyone.

I'm glad Christopher won't cheat on Ava. He could've been a fun Grilled Cheese sim, but I'm glad his aspiration worked out for your plans.

Komei and Nebula make cute elders.

Glad you were able to cure them both from the flu!

I love that Komei and Nebula have matching swimsuits. :D

Yay baby! Are you sure they're pleasure sims since they want to try for another already? ;)

Hopefully Celeste can find her job soon, so she and Remington can be together.

Woo go Ava!

I can't wait to see this generation's kiddos.
Spoiler:
The honeymoon was fun, I just hated the glitched hotel and how everyone gets tired way too quickly on vacation.

The girl was hilarious, I made her selectable so I could see her personality and she has three nice points(no surprise there) but was very shy so I wasn't sure why she was going around pranking people.

I like Christopher, but if I'm going to do a numbered LTW I have to LOVE that sim. He's much more happier this way.

Well, I sorta nudged them into trying again :slaphappy: (took them six times mind you for a lullabye), but on vacation they tried all by themselves.

Komei and Neb aged very gracefully, though I have a feeling she's going to outlive her husband.
Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Destrudo's Despair: Episode 25! updated 9/8

Post by Calamity Jade »

Episode 25 is here.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Can't believe that you have nearly finished. Well done too.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Calamity Jade
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Calamity Jade »

Thank you Peachy! I really want to finish this soon(hopefully by the end of the month).
108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Spoiler:
I'm sure the fortune sims love that those restrictions are lifted!

Brennan is a cutie. Hopefully Remington and Celeste will have kids of their own soon.

I mean honestly, the pet bed looks more comfortable.

Yay for a green baby!

Brennan wanting a piano right away makes him seem like a mini fortune sim in the making.

That's a super high score for private school!

Woo for everyone getting the jobs they need. :D

It's hard to believe you're almost finished. You've done a great job getting through this challenge!

Of course Komei wanted money. For Komei that would give him peace of mind even if it didn't fulfill his LTW :lol:

Angel does realize they're technically all on TV right?

Gah all the kids are so cute!

I bet you're really glad about the ignoring chance cards part considering how many this family gets.

Maybe you wouldn't be hungry BJ if you got out of the hot tub and actually ate!

I'm excited to see what's in store for Celeste and Remington.
[align=center]Image

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”