Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated Mar 27, 2017

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Debbie

Re: Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated July 14, 2015

Post by Debbie »

I really liked the way Doc talked. Did he ever even listen to himself, though? Obviously, he did not listen to his wife.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated July 14, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Sorry it's been so long. I got sucked into Youngdale, and didn't even continue the rotation of my other challenges, although I have the next chapter half-way written for both this, and the Alphabetocalypse.

Gotta get back to the real rotational play again, obviously.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated Feb 24, 2016

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bump! Chapter 4 is up! At last!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Loving this!
Spoiler:
I love the different ways Bobbie Sue and Marcel speak. And if any spouse deserved to be murdered, it was him, turning her into a witch over and over. Love him as a zombie, and I'm sure he'll be even more fun as a vampire-zombie.
The kids are all cute! I'm sure they'll be tons of fun as uncontrollable teenagers.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks raebeth47!
Spoiler:
Yeah, I have some real fun with the different ways of talking. As for Marcel, well... I have no idea how this is going to go now. I HAD a plan, but it's been completely derailed. Seriously, though, this storyline totally took me by surprise. I planted the seed, but had no idea it would sprout like THIS. And I do not have one of those hacks so that vampires can't bite you. I play it old-school. My only concession on that score was to get the hack to protect Mrs. Crumplebottom from being bitten, because that requires a complete reinstallation of the whole game. So not gonna happen. So, she's in "protective custody," and the vampires are going hog wild. That vampire coven is breeding like plot-bunnies. My comfort is that it was Doc, and not Billie Sue.

Also, I'm definitely going to tweak the odds on the trips and quads mod before she gives birth again. YIKES! That "random" button is dangerous. I mean, yeah, I've done it on purpose elsewhere (when I was hopped up on pain pills), but I do want to keep the births random in my trailer park. Randomness is half the fun of this challenge, after all. But geeeez. It was the first birth after I put in the mod. But then again, that sort of thing is why I put it in, in the first place, so I shouldn't complain.

The kids, yeah, it's fun to watch them do their own thing. It's a whole different play style for me, with the uncontrollables. I'm leaving the kids on free will a lot of the time, just to get myself more in the habit before they grow up. Besides, she wants them to enjoy the freedom she never had as a child. I gotta say, I love it when those kids clean up after themselves.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I fixed the links. Sorry about them being down like that. My website is kaput. These now lead directly to AuthorStream.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Parker Trailer Park Challenge - Updated Mar 27, 2017

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bump! Chapter 5 is up, at last, and I'm ready for my first heir poll!

ETA: Link to heir poll
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on March 27th, 2017, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Some take-away comments for chapter 4:
Spoiler:
Invisible zombie husband. Sounds like a punk rock song to me.

The contrast between Marcel's former and current ways of speaking is very amusing :lol: Clever puns.

Making §20,000 in a yard sale? This is supposed to be poverty, dang it!

Ooh, a zompirelock!
Simultaneous comments for chapter 5:
Spoiler:
Peter's face structure really looks like Marcel (y'know, before the zombie thing). I think I'll vote for him, given that he's Family.

I want a hunting/beach lot as well :hissyfit: With a sauna!

I become so worried when I read about your game glitching!

Oh wait, I think I'll vote for Bobbi Jo instead. I'd like to see you play a Popularity sim. But wait, I can vote for both!

Well that was an enjoyable read. Kind of glad to see I'm not the only one taking such long breaks with challenges.
Now clicking a few extra times to find the heir poll isn't that bothersome, but a direct link would be appreciated :flirt:
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks! I added the link!
Spoiler:
I know it's supposed to be poverty. I just have a hard time staying in poverty with such a driven founder. She was driven enough to run away from home and start all over, on her own terms. But I guess her parents' values rubbed off on her, a little. She can't even let her kids do poorly at school. Tsktsk.

I may have to do it again, with more of a slacker. Yeah, it's the founder's fault. Not mine, at all. :whistle:

Hmmmm, I could have the second-place sim get electrocuted, lose all his/her skill points, and totally slack on their own trailer park.

I do enjoy the puns, but I looked up rhymes with brains, and was saddened to see how few choices there are. And he's immortal, now, so he'll be around for all the chapters, requiring new puns, or at least more usages of them, unless he moves out. I love your term for him! Zompirelock! :toast:

Also, I want my own beach lot, as well. I've long longed for a sauna. If I am ever rich and famous (or heck! Skip the famous! I'll take rich and obscure.), I will add a sauna to my backyard. And one of those little swimming pools with the waves, so you can swim, and not go anywhere. Or turn it off, and just splash around. And a jacuzzi. Yep. And a privacy fence. And screens all over, to keep the bugs away. And a cute pool boy to take care of it all. I can't afford a pool if I can't afford a cute pool boy to go along with it. And I'm not gross at all. :blush:

On the plus side, with all these kids, including absolutely uncontrollable teens, I am getting a lot more practice on the hands-off approach, and starting to step away from micro-management. I've always been a micromanager for my sims, because I want them to succeed. All that apocalypse-playing, no doubt. But now, I can't stand to pause and click and pause and click and pause and click with all of them, and so I'm letting the kids run almost as wild as the teens. I do send them to bed at night, except for the weekends, when they all do whatever.

I didn't show it, but Earlene learned ALL her toddler skills, because Doc kept giving her smart milk. Braaaaaains, you know. How she manages as a child, only time will tell. And I'm one of those weirdos who actually enjoy playing college, so I'll probably play the Knowledge sims, as well, even if I don't post it, much. But actual spare-spares, who lost the poll? Not unless they are part of a played household.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

This was a fun read. Glad I was able to get caught up in time to vote!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I'm glad, too! I had forgotten how much fun this was.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, the results are in! Peter and Daisy Mae are tied for heir, so I have decided to keep Daisy Mae to follow in her mother's footsteps, while Peter will get all his skills wiped, and sent off on his own to do...

The Officially Wacky Boolprop Trailer Park Monster Mashup Livin' Off the Land Challenge! :drinks: Wheeeeee!

So, basically, it's an OWBC set in a Trailer Park (so the naming scheme for the required pregnancies is BooX-lprY-opnZ, with any extraneous pregnancies each generation being Q), and Peter has to be alien abducted to have at least one (if not all!) alien child, for the Monster Mash-up, and he has to Live Off the Land, meaning he can only sell crops/fish/paintings, and not have an actual job, although a spouse can keep their job if they move in at a low level of an appropriate career (which means culinary or slacker, because they can't do criminal until they actually finish the other two, but they won't be able to take a new job if they quit, so no criminal). Date gift cards are earned and can be used at the Sim Mart (or Build/Buy catalog only for items NOT sold at the Sim Mart), and the cash earned from sales or spouse jobs can be used to pay bills.

I think I will have to play Marty, and have him update the Sim Mart with a few objects he hasn't stocked, before, such as telescopes (Why didn't I have him stock those?!), and maybe the fish/produce packers, so they can sell batches of food, rather than one at a time. Yep.

This is a great idea! HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaa... :gasp: :wheeze: Whew! Gotta remember to breathe when I do my maniacal laughter next time. I should take lessons to learn how to control my diaphragm. I wonder who Dr. Horrible's vocal coach is?
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

So many kids... eeek. You are braver than me.
Spoiler:
Do you have some sort of hack to let you have that many sims on a lot. WOW. Can't control teenagers... oh my gosh. This actually sounds like a very fun challenge. Love how she had those triplets at the end... and their names... lol. Very trailer like. Robi... yeah, doesn't sound like he's getting dad of the year. Great update.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yeah, I have a bigger household mod. I can have as many as I can stand and the computer can handle. I put it in, just for this challenge, and it spread to others. I got the idea from another trailer park challenge, where the founder and her wife were using a same-sex pregnancy mod to try to out-do the Duggars.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”