The Hollinter Legacy [Indefinite Hiatus]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hollinter Legacy [1.4: Growing - November 28th]

Post by Heather »

cholliebear:
Spoiler:
t makes me really happy to know that people feel for my characters when unfortunate things happen to them! Also, that's the last time he will lose his voice, I promise.

I love the twins and Piper. So much fun to play, and write. Looking forward to focusing on them more heavily as they get older. :)
Thanks for reading and commenting! I'm really hoping to get 1.5 out by the end of this month; I've got all of it shot, and parts of it written, I just need to force myself to focus on it more.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I don't usually nag people for updates, since I get sucked into other things and leave things hanging, myself.

But, are you on hiatus, or have you just dropped this? Can we expect another update eventually? Because I really do like this story!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

MichelleCYoung wrote:I don't usually nag people for updates, since I get sucked into other things and leave things hanging, myself.

But, are you on hiatus, or have you just dropped this? Can we expect another update eventually? Because I really do like this story!
I don't mind the nagging; it's been way too long since I've updated this! Definitely expect an update soon. I've been reshooting and rewriting the latest chapter, and I'm really hoping to have it out before my semester starts! :D

I know I say that like, every time I post in this thread, but I'll cut the chapter short if I have to; the first 60 or 75% of it is fully written. I have no excuse. :shifty:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Hooray! Thanks for the quick reply, too!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Hooray! Thanks for the quick reply, too!
No problem! I have a lot of energy at the moment for no particular reason, so I've been doing a bit of housekeeping on the forums, and replying to posts. I really should channel that energy into getting some more writing done tonight...
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

This is lovely! The best way I can describe it! I'll wait patiently over here and seriously consider reinstalling TS2.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Jesslb429 wrote:This is lovely! The best way I can describe it! I'll wait patiently over here and seriously consider reinstalling TS2.
Thank you! :whome: I'm really glad people are still interested in this story, despite my abysmal update times!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hollinter Legacy [1.5: Teenagers - 05/09/2016]

Post by Heather »

As promised, here is the new chapter!

Again, I am extremely sorry for the long wait between chapters. Hopefully that won't happen again in the future, but I am starting my thesis this month, so I can't make any promises! Just know that I have already started working on shooting 1.6, and that there should be some Hollinter-related content coming out this October for SimNaWriMo. :)
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

:wizard:
Spoiler:
"Hy, my name is Tessa, we have Chemistry together."

Waaay to foreshaddow.
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Cowplant:
Spoiler:
That... was totally intentional, yep... :shifty: Don't you love when things just happen to work out like that? :lol:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

It's an update! Bouncy, bouncy!

OK, I stopped bouncing long enough to read it. Great chapter!
Spoiler:
Wow. I'm a horrible human being, because half-way through that dinner, I was wishing you'd feed Meadow to the cowplant.

Whoooooaaaahhhh... Suddenly I feel much less horrible, and am glad that you don't have a fence around the cowplant. And that it smells.

Also, Comet is an idiot. He didn't show any propensity for magic, and then he was able to cast that massive spell, without any help from TRAINED witches, so naturally, the fact that he hasn't seen any propensity for magic in his children means that there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBILITY that there could be any magic there. Yeah. Scientific method? Logic? Naaaaah! That's for people who don't work in the scientific field.

Argh! Grrr! I just... What is WRONG with that boy? He makes more stupid decisions than anyone with his brains ought to be allowed.

Seriously.

Also, "We're 75% sure... It's a misnomer." Because 25% chance that he might be wrong and the name might be accurate is just sooooooooo tiny. Yeah.

Maybe feed HIM to the cowplant. The next generation heir/ess is born, already. And dude has such issues. :timebomb:

Seriously, I just... I can't... :headache:
Great chapter! I don't respond this way for bad writing. That just makes me angry at the writer. Being this ticked off at the characters means you did a really good job.
Spoiler:
I like how you set things up with Halley. Question - did you randomize sexual preferences, as well, or did you plan that for her, from the beginning? Or did she surprise you? Even without ACR installed, I've had surprises, which is awesome, because surprises are what keep the game so interesting.

I'm concerned about Halley being chosen for heir, after you've already set it up that adoption is not allowed in a legacy family, even for the spares. That's kind of messed up, too, you know?

I really like how your family is not perfect. It's so easy to Mary-Sue a whole legacy family, and you certainly have not done that!
Shaz-a-Fraz
United States of America

Post by Shaz-a-Fraz »

Awesome to see an update on this legacy! Fantastic storytelling. I missed responding to 1.4 as well, so this might just be a mix of things:
Spoiler:
It's awesome that Bellatrix and Magnus finally got to meet their grandkids. How lovely! Silly of Comet not to take their advice though; that will certainly bite him in the tush later down the line. Ahh! Meadow Thayer, just making everything ridiculously awkward, bless. I was cringing when Jimmy brought up how Comet might have a type! Oh no, I'm serious, the secondhand embarrassment during that was real. At least they all left dinner relatively unscathed, although I'm really gonna need Meadow to chill before she royally screws something up. Also the kids are great as teens! I love Diana, Piper seems hecka cool, and boy, am I excited to see how Halley's romantic life unfolds. Great update -- can't wait for more!
Shazi
Sims LJ | Simblr
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Yay, comments! I'd just like to say that writing this story has officially ruined my brain, because now every time I go to type 'comment', I write 'comet' instead...

Michelle:
Spoiler:
I'd just like to start off by saying your comment has made me very excited to work on 1.6, because I have a feeling you're going to like some of the things that I've got planned. ;) Also, that I love when my writing makes people feel strong things for my characters, even if that thing is hate. I definitely understand that it's not the writing you dislike, it's the awful decisions my characters are making. :lol:

Where's the fun in having a fence around a cowplant? It's already eaten one random townie by mistake (oops), and almost ate Tessa/Tosha Go. I had to save her, though, for obvious reasons... (though thinking about it now, it would have been interesting if I'd written that into the story.)

Comet is being a big dumb idiot about magic, that's for sure. And now he's being a big dumb idiot about cowplants, too. Let's hope the kids don't take after their father too much. :sly:

Halley is the only kid whose preference wasn't randomized, I did intend to focus on her sexuality as a storyline. It's probably a good thing I picked hers, too, because the rest of the kids randomized as straight, and I'd really like some more diversity in terms of sexuality when it comes to main characters. All of the lgbt+ characters so far have been from the spare families, with the exception of Comet's oldest sister, who never got much of a role in the story since I had to restart in a new neighbourhood.

And thank you! I'm very interested in the legacy family dynamic. They're kind of set up to be this big, grand, perfect family, you know? But they're bound to be full of problems past the surface. I mean, picking a heir/heiress is basically favouritism, they have 'rules' against who is allowed to marry into the family and who isn't (npcs, and npcs only.) It's all a bit messed up, when you really start to think about it.

Thanks for the lovely comment! :D
Shaz-a-Fraz/Shazi: (going off your signature on this one, let me know which you prefer :lol:)
Spoiler:
Thank you! :) I'm really happy to getting back into updating this story.

It was pretty heartwarming being able to bring them back, even for just a scene, to interact with the next generation. Honestly, I like all the old characters too much to stop myself from bringing them back once in a while. Hence, the sudden reappearance of Meadow. :lol:

Actual secondhand embarrassment? I feel accomplished. :D I hate feeling like that I read/watch things, and I'm a terrible person, so I've wanted to evoke that emotion with my writing for so long... looks like that moment has arrived! :smirk:

The teens are so much fun to plan & write for. I feel a bit bad for neglecting the younger ones, though...

Thank you for the comment! :hug:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

The main post has been updated with links to additional writing & drabbles about the family.

Plus, I've posted some new writing about Jimmy & Comet in the October Writing contest! You can read it here. :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hollinter Legacy [1.6: Trouble (Part 1) - 01/10/2016

Post by Heather »

The Hollinter Legacy: 1.6 - Trouble
Mini Update 1

Picks up where 1.5 - Teenagers leaves off. 10 pictures, and just shy of 1k. ;)

Update Warnings:
Spoiler:
None! Though I'd strongly recommend not reading my legacy story if homosexual/bisexual romances make you uncomfortable.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just read "Trouble," and you aren't kidding. I saw that last picture, and just said, "OH NO!"

Looking forward to what comes next.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Michelle:
It was hard picking a header image that would communicate 'trouble', without actually giving away that ending twist, or all the trouble that's yet to come. ;)

Hopefully getting the next part out tonight! I've also got another 3 sets of images ready for another 3 updates, I just need to write 2 of them. :)
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hollinter Legacy [1.6: Trouble (Part 2) - 03/10/2016

Post by Heather »

The Hollinter Legacy: 1.6 - Trouble
Mini Update 2

Picks up where Update 1 leaves off. 10 pictures, and about 700 words.

Update Warnings:
Spoiler:
Language, mildly graphic character death.
Shaz-a-Fraz
United States of America

Re: The Hollinter Legacy [1.6: Trouble (Part 2) - 03/10/2016

Post by Shaz-a-Fraz »

My goodness!
Spoiler:
These mini-updates were quite fun to read before bed. Glad Halley got a cute lil' smooch. I loved the poses in those pictures--it looks so effortless and right!

As for Tosha, well... Haha, I'm glad she's taken care of, but something tells me things are only going to get more complicated from here. Poor Marielle! She's witnessed a murder! Well, a murder of a murderer, but still! She looked absolutely horrified. Oh boy, oh boy, I am sure excited to see how this continues on!

And haha, in reference to your last response, I guess I prefer Shazi? It is my name, after all, hehe! :lol:
Shazi
Sims LJ | Simblr
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hollinter Legacy [1.6: Trouble (Part 3) - 12/10/2016

Post by Heather »

Shazi:
Spoiler:
Thank you! I had to shoot that scene four times before I was happy with how that staging looked. :lol: Looks like it paid off, though. :)

One villain is out of the way, but doesn't meant there aren't others that need to be dealt with, or future ones to come! ;) Glad you;re looking forward to reading the rest!

Haha, I figured, but wanted to double check just in case I'd assumed wrong. :lol:
[hr]
New update is out, too!

1.6 - Trouble (Part 3)

Chapter Warnings: None!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”