Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R5/Renaisse - 6/20/2016

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R4/Rheingold - 1/17/2016

Post by Keika »

Bump! The top hat is a goose. :lol: Read the new chapter here!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R4/Lariel - 1/23/2016

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Gotta say Keika the title was quite fitting. :haha:
Spoiler:
So yeah she's a bit desperate there isn't she?
She's a bit too polished Lariel...Course I suppose every land's got to have one.
Certainly has the attitude of a noble that one.
Nah I still do love her, even if she does need to lighten up a bit.
I love Galain's curls....they're cute.
And Shahanth should try sliding down the banisters (if they have any) or ooooh swinging on the fridge.
I know I be cruel.
Looking forward to the next update!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!
Spoiler:
I just LOVE how she's actually putting her plots and schemes in her REPORT to the queen! Oh, yeah, she's just born for court intrigues, yep. LOL! And Keika's reaction at the end was priceless!

I miss Galain's curls. So cute.

Shannath is a lovely young woman, and I felt a bit sorry for her, there. Yes, she's not likely to marry the prince, but there are other reasons for her to attend a royal party, and other people to meet, and maybe SHE could marry the competition (only one week's age difference, right? Not bad at all, really), and so she should be encouraged in that direction, instead of focusing ALL the attention on Galain and the princess. Imelda is smart, for business, but not for match-making. Seriously. If she were canny, she would have pushed Shannath on Darion, and if that boy's already in love with the beautiful dark beauty, he won't even try for the blonde princess. And his mother's not likely to push him at the throne, anyway, so the whole "competition" thing would be a cinch.

And for that reason, alone, I'm thinking that the little red-head is a much more likely candidate. Which is kind of counter-intuitive, I suppose.

Galain's so sweet. If he did marry the princess, he'd never be "king." Just prince consort, and maybe eventually "king consort," but never a real leader. Not unless he steps out from his mother's thumb. Of course, if he does get out from under her, he might make an excellent royal spouse, after all. But not while she's calling all the shots.

Give us back the curls!
Does your spell-checker drive you nutsy, changing the kid's name to Gallon? Darn, this comment took forever to type, because of stupid auto-correct.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
How do you get the toddlers to the community lots? I've never seen tots are community lots, such a great way for them to socialize early. Anduera is going to be spoiled for choice between the boys. I see that the political maneuvering is going to begin soon. Aww poor Shan, but jumping on the bed is so much fun. Lol Imelda so determined. What are you using to decide if the family moves up to nobility? I've been meaning to ask you that. I can't wait to see if Imelda's plan unfold :D
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Let the plotting and scheming begin!
Spoiler:
Guess Imelda missed the snapdragon memo :sigh: :wink:

Amusing update tinged with a bit of sadness for her children. It will be interesting to see what the future holds for Shannath and Galain. Thank goodness Queen Keika's always good for some comic relief!
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Mystery:
Spoiler:
Yeah, just an eensy bit. :haha:

No kidding! A bit of a stick in the mud, that one.

Yesh, I love those curls on Galain! I don't feel like that's a hairstyle every sim guy can pull off, but it really works for him! :)

She actually did slide down the banister once, but dangit, I missed the picture! ><

Thanks, Mystery! :D
Michelle:
Spoiler:
Right!? That's one of the issues I've been trying to decide how to get around (or otherwise play with)--the fact that these journals are going straight to the queen. So why would people write down *all* of their thoughts and doings, which makes for good stories, when they know the queen's going to read it? Especially with a particular plotline I have in the works. Right now I'm thinking of working up implication for things the sims don't want their queen to know, but I have a better solution down the road. Unfortunately, that's not going to be feasible for a few more rounds. :P So, yeah. If any of that made sense.

Don't worry, Galain's curls will be back next time we see him. They were only tamed for the purpose of the party, and his mother's overbearing perfectionism. :)

Yep, all very good points, and Imelda would have seen those if she's not so very tunnel-visioned, especially when it comes to competition! What's more, Shannath is the one who's going to be running the family when Imelda passes on, so you would think she would be carefully bringing her up and establishing connections for her so as to pave the road for her house in the future. Instead, she's latched onto the idea of "OMG I could get my son as king and my granddaughter as queen!!" and is totally ignoring Shannath. A pity, really. And you're totally right about Darion's mother not being likely to push him at the throne; Dienda isn't even aware Imelda's competing with her!

We'll have to see! :D
I've added my sims' fantasy names to Office's dictionary. Makes it easier, not having to deal with spellcheck and red squiggle lines. :) Thanks for the comment, Michelle!

Pony:
Spoiler:
I used the summon shrub, which I swear I got from Paladin's Place but now I can't find. >< It's not as convenient as you would think; toddlers have to be "greeted" to be picked up or seriously interacted with, but toddlers can't be "greeted". The best I could get my sims to do with their own children was play peek-a-boo.

Yep, we're gearing up for the politics! I'm super stoked! :D

Officially, families become merchants when they get a level 10 business, and then become nobles when they hit five level ten businesses. However, I'm giving plot license to reassign classes as makes sense... and of course the princess can't marry a peasant.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Pony! :D
Lorinsv:

Yeeees. ^^
Spoiler:
Yeah, it would really make running her business TONS easier. I need to get the Renaisses moving on selling them. ><

Thanks! Yeah, the Lariel kids are really kind of unfortunate. Imelda should really give them some positive reinforcement once in a while; she really does love them. And yes, that's what simselves do best, am I right? :) Thanks for reading and commenting, Lorinsv!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yay, update!
Spoiler:
I love the glances we get of the neighbourhood. It's already starting to really come together!
Wow... Imelda is quite something, isn't she? :') If this were Sims 3, she'd definitely be a snob. :P She definitely loves her kids, but doesn't have a very good way of showing it, which makes me a bit sad for them...
Looking forward to seeing what else you've got in store for us, plot-wise. :D
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

I am really happy that you're pretty quick with updates :D
Spoiler:
Holy short! What a helicopter mom! I kind of expect Shannath to either do backflips to finally impress her or to snap and go full rebel
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I forgot to comment, my bad. Seems like Imelda has no brain to finger filter, I mean who lays their plans out right where the queen can see them? Huh, I ask you. Kind of expect it come back and bite her later, what does the queen do with the reports anyway? File them away? Or use them as convenient reference material for a court hearing? Ah well, I'm sure it will make sense later. Nice updates.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Anne:
Spoiler:
Thanks! It feels a bit too spread out at the moment and needs some more neighborhood-screen decoration, but we're getting there! :D

Yep, that is exactly it with Imelda. Trait: snob, and she loves her children but doesn't really show it. An unfortunate combination, actually. :P Thanks for commenting and reading, Anne!
cowplant:
Spoiler:
Yeah, no kidding! Poor Shannath! :) Thanks for reading and commenting, cowplant!
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Right? Imelda's just tunnel-visioned and has no filter. That, and I'm struggling with figuring out how to still tell the story I want to when journals are being read by the queen; I've been leaning on the side of telling the story instead of just having my sims say that had a "splendiferous week, your majesty, nothing's gone wrong at all!" because that would be boring. It's also quite possible that in Imelda's point of view, she's not doing anything wrong; she's just very honestly explaining her goals and activities from the week to the queen. She's been pretty forthright since the children were born that she's hoping for a royal marriage. She's not really outright plotting anything besides just trying to push her son and the princess together. If she has been, she hasn't been writing it down. ;)

The queen reads the records, and then posts them on the internet! ;D Really, she treats them as a record of the kingdom's history. So basically, yeah, she's reading them and then filing them away.

Thanks for dropping by, Ani-Mei!
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

Keika?
Spoiler:
There are a number of ways how to keep the diaries "Queen-friendly" and still tell a different story. First of all, you could let the pictures tell a completely different story than the text. Also, annotations from a third person.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
My little lazy legacy
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Wow! How did I four more chapters get up here without my noticing? Gust had to tell me that it updated!
Spoiler:
That was a lot to read. I'm sad little what's his name didn't get his father's skin. The redheaded little boy. I was entertained by Imelda trying to set up her son the entire time of her chapter. I have a feeling the red head will actually marry in though. Recessives. Or at least that's what I would do. Anyway, I was a tad worried about Andi, since Keika seemed to be very distracted and not really paying much attention or time with her. But then it seemed to get better when they looked for fairys and such. Though I guess there could still be problems... Things are starting to pick up! It's so exciting! Oh, and are you trying to only marry in red headed males? All three are... I thought that was funny too.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Cowplant:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the input, cowplant! Unfortunately the pictures go with the journals, or else some of the captions wouldn't make sense. Don't know how they're managing to get the pictures, other than magic PLOT CONVENIENCE! :awesome: I like your idea of annotations from a third person, though I'm not sure how I would go about it. When and who would the annotations come from? Mind giving some more input on that? :)

Right now I've been toying with the idea of implication for telling "queen-friendly" sides of the story. Fortunately, I have long-term plans for this speedbump, so this isn't going to be a permanent problem, but for now... yeah. :)
Rosie:
Spoiler:
At least these chapters are (mostly) under fifty slides, right? :awesome:

I know, right? I was so disappointed that he wasn't closer to his father's skintone. There goes my attempt at variety. :P Speaking of variety, no, I'm not purposely marrying in redheads! They just keep being the first ones to show up on the lot who my family founders end up liking! And you know what? There's more redheaded townie men out there who keep suspiciously popping up around my single women! XD I've decided to embrace it, though. Do you remember how way back when, I had a neighborhood you were also playing in? My family were mostly redheads, and it got to the point that you commented that you always knew when your family's walkby was one of my sims, because they had red hair. I think it would be fun to go in that direction again, and have the Clitheroans be loosely identifiable by having a similar hair color. Of course I want lots of diversity in my 'hood--it makes the game more interesting--but I'm going for a little heavier emphasis on red hair nowadays. :)
Palmer
Mascot
Mascot

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Palmer »

This has been stickied for winning a Golden Plumbob award! In four weeks it'll become a regular topic once more. Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

"I've been leaning on the side of telling the story instead of just having my sims say that had a "splendiferous week, your majesty, nothing's gone wrong at all!" because that would be boring. "

Well, how about using a slightly different template for the "what's really happening" story telling, followed by the official report, in the official template, that basically denies everything that just happened, and says, "We've had a splendiferous week, you're majesty, nothing's gone wrong at all!" The different template shows that it is NOT the official report, and could be any style you want, including third person narration, or even first-person present tense observation, or if you have the characters for it, a completely different report (such as an alien reporting to the home world, or even one of those sim-gods posting their OWN observations.

Change up the visual style, and you can really change up the story-telling style to go with it. As long as there's always an official report at the end, your sims could, in fact, keep the Queen in the dark.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

You know what? That's a pretty great idea! :D Now that you say that, I've already got an idea when you say that on how I can implement that! Thanks, Michelle! And thanks to everyone who have given me ideas on how to solve this. This is why being part of a community is awesome. You get lots of input from lots of different people with lots of great ideas on how to solve your writing problems. ^^
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R4/Renaisse - 2/3/2016

Post by Keika »

*bangs pot* The next update is ready! Come and get it!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, boy! I love Dienda! She's just so fun! And she really knows how to address royalty.
Spoiler:
Awww, the kids are so cute! And I love how she just lets them be kids. They'll turn out just fine.

I do hope she survives, though. Pregnancy is scary. Flower-store-lady really, seriously, desperately needs some snapdragons. :Crosses fingers for next week:
cowplant

Post Counts

Post by cowplant »

:celebration:
Spoiler:
Dienda is probably my favourite! And I believe that her kids will be extra cute :D But I wonder why all of the kids are so pale. I mean, their father has the darkest skintone and she has one of the lightest, right?
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
My little lazy legacy
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Michelle:
Spoiler:
Yup. Dienda's a pretty laid-back parent, which is nice compared to some of the other parenting styles in the kingdom. ^^

I did seriously almost lose her every time she got pregnant. I swear, she has the worst pregnancies of any sim I've ever had. And you've got a point about the flower-store-lady not having snapdragons.

Thanks for reading and commenting, Michelle!
cowplant:
Spoiler:
She is fun!

I know, right!? I'll give you a very minor spoiler here--her next child is also inexplicably pale. Dienda is one shade paler than the default skins the game gives us, and Howard is the darkest default the game has. (I do have two darker skintones.) There should be a wide range of skintones in this family, and yet they're all born with the palest tone they can be. I can't figure it out. It can't be custom content genetics, because all of my custom skins are geneticized. It was tempting to reload just to have a darker-skinned kid born to them. Ah well, c'est la vie. At least the Renaisse kids are all easy to identify... they all have the same skintone, eyes, and hair color. *shrug*

Thanks for reading and commenting, cowplant!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”