Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R5/Renaisse - 6/20/2016

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R1-2/Rheingold - 10/9/2015

Post by WistfulRose »

Hello again! I just found this (and finished reading the Wynter Wonderland). See, I'm a good sister! Ish. Anyway, this isn't about me.
Spoiler:
Yes, simself Keika, your pregnant. You had cereal after all. :tongue:
And, because I can't stop myself,
HAM. Ham ham ham. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
Because I have to call you out on it. It's my job as your sister. :sly:
But really, who wouldn't have their (altered) simself be some sort of goddess who founds a kingdom?
And I got the feeling from the first moment I met Beor guy that he would end up being evil. Especially from that last scene.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just read the first chapter. WOW!
Spoiler:
That is one determined God-Queen! Too bad about the garden, but at least she got just enough to get her venue, and from there, the sky's the limit.

OMG, that palace! It is GORGEOUS!

Hehehe. Cereal. Yep. She's preggers.

Are you going to be able to use Elixir of Life, at all? I don't like it when my couples' ages are so far off, but it's rare to get them well-aligned in the founding generation, anyway.

Beor... I just KNOW he's going to be visiting and snarking with you when the invasion happens, and then you (or more likely your heiress) will have to DEAL with it all. Darn it, Beor, haven't you ever heard of a phone? Or email? Or plain old letters? Where's Mercury, the messenger of the gods, when you need him?
This is great! Can't wait for the next round.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Rosie:
Spoiler:
Hi there, Rosie! Good to see you back here! :wave: Cute new avatar, by the way!

Ah, I see you caught the cereal reference that I slipped in. ;)

Would you like some eggs with that ham? ;) And YES, I had to do it. SOMEBODY had to be the all-powerful god-queen! :awesome:

Whaaaaaat? Beor? Evil? Naaaaaaaaaw.
Michelle:

Thanks, Michelle! :D
Spoiler:
Yup. Digging in the ground didn't work too well for sim-Keika. It was really lucky with the tomatoes. Once that lot was in, though, it was just a matter of getting a gold sales badge, and then yeah, the sky's the limit. ^^

Thanks! Took ages to do. Glad you like it!

:haha: Yep. I'm glad you and Rosie got the cereal reference. ^^

I actually did use the elixir, which you'll be seeing a mention of in the next Rheingold chapter. Two rounds is pretty much an eternity for sims, after all, so yeah. A dose of elixir of life for sim-Keika.

Hmmmmm? Beor? Invasion? Whatever makes you think there'll be an invasion? :smirk: <--this is my innocent face.

Thanks for the comment, Michelle!
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

So, this comment is late, but I'm here to comment now!
Spoiler:
You know if my laptop stops being a brat, just like Beor! :awesome:

...That ticket idea is brilliant! I'm stealing that! Just know, I am stealing that idea!

Manual labor and goddesses do not mix. XD So, gardening didn't work, but at least there's overpricing to lend a hand!

Oooh, a romance sim as a husband for a goddess...Sounds about right! Too bad he's mortal. XD That never ends well. Hope he works out!

That castle is AMAZING! Wow! I wish I had the patience to build like that! Oh, well...I'll always have giant rectangles...

Beor, you brat. At least, he's showing concern for her by questioning Ryan's faithfulness, but revealing her pregnancy like that. You brat. XD

Great so far! Can't wait to read more!
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
:awesome:

Just know, I stole the ticket idea from Veil's Million Dollar Challenge, which I read several years back. Which I totally suggest you read; it's brilliant. ^^

No. No, manual labor and goddesses do NOT mix. XD

:haha:, yeah. Those old Greek gods got a bit of a reputation, didn't they? :D

Hey, almost all buildings are just giant rectangles. It's just where you put those giant rectangles in relation to each other that makes a building look new and interesting. ^^

Yup. Beor's a brat. :awesome:

Thanks! :D
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R2/Lariel - 10/16/2015

Post by Keika »

The end of round two has liftoff! Check it out! :llama:

Edit: You can check it out HERE. Thanks for the suggestion of putting the link here, Lorinsv. :)
Last edited by Keika on October 15th, 2015, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Yay another chapter! Imelda certainly did well in her little starter home. It's very cute. I love their store too. Do you ever think about upload some of your lots? You have great building skills :D. Hehe Imelda has a interesting attitude to her Queen. Of course you wouldn't hand pick easy going peasants. The ones that argue are more fun!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Such a cute update, I like Imelda a lot! Clitheroe has such a fun vibe, I can tell I'm going to really enjoy seeing what the inhabitants get up to!
Spoiler:
The Silver Bobbin looks absolutely adorable (and rather pricey!). Not judging in any way, I'm just curious, but are all the businesses going to look kind of upscale like that?

With your mad building skills, I am looking forward to watching as the kingdom evolves. Definitely inspiring!

P. S. Would you mind adding a link to the update in your update posts? Makes it so much easier to keep track of which updates I've read and/or missed than going back to the original post, especially once the list of updates grows.
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Pony:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I uploaded a few of my favorite legacy lots way back when, but I don't do it very much because it's such a pain packing the lot and cleaning out the mods that attach themselves and all that. I probably won't upload everything from Clitheroe, but if you have requests for specific lots, I have no problem getting them up for you. :)

What's the fun in subservient, happy little peasants? Where's the story? Where's the ATTITUDE? :D Ah, I kid. Thanks for reading and commenting, Pony!
Lorinsv:

Thanks a bunch! :D
Spoiler:
Thanks! The Bobbin was intended to look pricey--Imelda strikes me as the type to want to run the absolute top-of-the-line top-designers-only type of store. All the businesses in that center market square are probably going to be the upper-end pricey stores, too, since that's premium land in the direct center of town. Meanwhile, outlying businesses, like farmer's markets or whatever, will look a little more rustic. That's the plan, anyway. :)

Thanks! That's one of the reasons why I'm doing the challenge--to experiment with building a neighborhood to a specific theme (in this case, sort of idealized modern medieval) and seeing how it looks as it grows up.

Thanks for reading and commenting! Sure, I'll make sure to drop a direct link to the update in the bump post from now on. You're right, that would make things a lot easier. :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Like I left in Pony's thread, I did read it last night but was too tired to comment. Love the medieval Silver Bobbin, kinda makes me wish I had taken more time to make my lots in Maladoreias look Steampunkish enough. But I am impatient and not that great with Boolprop codes. My computer won't let me use the Boolprop codes it locks me out whenever I try. It tells me I have to be an Admin to alter game codes which I AM but it doesn't want to realize that...ahem...you don't need to hear me rant.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Thanks, Ani-Mei. :) Good luck with your computer.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Ooh, fun update!
Spoiler:
I like the way you're bringing the peasants into the town and how Queen Keika is making them keep a journal. I love it when Sims-things (like townies, and the stories) are given a back story. :)
Also, Imelda is fun! The little RA's by the queen made me chuckle as well.
The Silver Bobbin is beautiful! I'm very much looking forward to seeing all the amazing buildings you'll be building. :) It's definitely a promising start, haha!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Hi! :wave:
Spoiler:
Hehe. RA. hehe. :mrgreen:
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Nice update. Imelda is fun. Love the townie backstory and how you are bringing the people into the town.
It should be fun to see who ends up becoming members of the nobility and merchant classes as time goes on.
At least Imelda didn't have to deal with a certain watcher of the Everglades. Or maybe I should say...Yet.
Loving this.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Anne:
Spoiler:
Thanks! I'm trying to build more of a continuity for this challenge, so having loose ends like random townies wandering around would have made no sense. It's been fun, too, to branch out and write from other characters' perspectives than just Keika-the-slightly-goofy-narrator. :yoyo:

Thanks! She is pretty fun to write. So were those RA's. :)

Thanks a bunch, Anne! We'll see if they actually turn out "amazing" or if I run out of steam and they just all start looking the same. :tongue: Thanks for the comment! :D
Rosie:
Spoiler:
Really? You had to put in a spoiler tag for THAT? :roll: Love ya, sis, and thanks for the comment! :tongue:
Mystery:
Spoiler:
Thanks! Gotta have SOME kind of explanation for all the random townies running around that aren't part of the kingdom. :haha:

Oh, do I have planz for separating the sims into classes. This is going to be fun. :diablo:

*cough*

Thanks, Mystery! :)
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Clitheroe: A BaRKC - R3/Rheingold - 10/23/2015

Post by Keika »

Heads up! New chapter coming in! Read it here!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Yay!
Spoiler:
Little Andi is gorgeous! She looks a lot like her mother. Also, I am once again in awe of your building skills. Holy Plumbbob, Queensgold looks cool! It makes me want to put some more thought in the buildings in my own BaCC hood... :D Can't wait to read more!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I sure look forward to these Clitheroe updates :yes:
Spoiler:
No doubt Queensgold looks befitting a queen/goddess/etc of Keika's stature now (aka it's beautiful!).

Hmm, Ryan... perhaps it's just me, but I sense a little trouble a-brewing, though he seems pretty devoted to Andi. And speaking of trouble... no idea what the dark-winged dude is up to, and didn't notice him in the background of the second-to-last picture on my first time through, though it looks like Beor might be getting in over his head... :hmm: Oh well, just one more reason to look forward to the next Clitheroe update more Clitheroe updates :)
Last edited by Lorinsv on October 23rd, 2015, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Anne:
Spoiler:
Aw, thanks! The princess has a pretty good balance of both her parents, I think. :) Thanks, I put a lot of work into finetuning the Queensgold lot. ^^ Speaking of your BaCC, I'm about halfway through reading it now. I wasn't planning on leaving a comment until I was caught up, but may I say that I'm very much enjoying it? :D

Thanks, Anne!
Lorinsv:
Spoiler:
Thanks! It does look a WHOLE lot better than the little dingy brick building, I think. Certainly a more likely business for a god-queen. :lol:

Trouble... brewing? Whatever could you mean? *shrug*

Thanks for reading and commenting, Lorinsv! :D
I was going to include the following in the reply to your comment, Lorinsv, and realized it turned into a wall of text which may or may not be relevant. I've included it below, if you're interested. :)
Spoiler:
It's going to take a couple of updates for the god plot to reach the next segment, unfortunately. I feel like this is something I should mention, since you mentioned looking forward to the next update in conjunction with comments on the dark-winged dude. This is something I've run into as an issue in this rotational play. I'm trying to keep a solid continuity here and not have events that happened in previous updates referenced by sims in future updates before they've occurred in the round. If that sentence made any sense. Like, if the palace was rebuilt on a Tuesday, the following chapter can't show or reference the rebuilt palace on Monday. That kind of thing.

Because the dark-winged dude didn't appear to Beor until the end of the round, and because the only household that currently has anything to do with gods and stuff is Keika's household, we have to get through the rest of the round before this storyline can continue. I'm trying to make up for it by planting seeds of various plots in the other households in the round so there's more than just the one story we're waiting for, but yeah. The question is, how to keep interest up and keep your readers remembering the various plots occurring when you visit twenty other households with their own characters and stories before you get back to it? *shrug* Working on it.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Oh, no problem! I tweaked my comment above to hopefully take some of the pressure off :wink:
Spoiler:
TBH I like mundane glimpses into Sims' lives as much if not more than side- or overarching plot lines, probably because I'm naturally nosy :P, though that's not to say I don't appreciate a good plot as well. So, carry on and I will continue to enjoy whatever you put out there whenever, because it's all good.
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”