Puttin on the Ritz an Alternate Universe Legacy Update 2/5

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Puttin on the Ritz an Alternate Universe Legacy Update 2/5

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Yeah I know I've got a lot of other challenges right now, but honestly I hated i lost my Alternate Universe legacy when the laptop died. So I'm at it again! The Premise is simple. You take two sims with the exact same face and personality plop em down in two different copies of the the same world (Mysterious Falls in this case) and see how different their families get in 10 generations. Each hood has it's own little quirks and our founders have to live according to them quirks and yeah so here we go! Enjoy!

Chapter 1: Here we go Again!
Chapter 2: Seriously Guys?
Last edited by mysterymusic7 on February 5th, 2016, 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Puttin on the Ritz an Alternate Universe Legacy

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Ah good to see the mama bird has recreated her baby. Nice to see you doing one again, I didn't start with exactly the same genetic identical founders but I just changed certain things, like personalities, looks, rules...yeah. Let's hope this one makes it, I'd hate to see you lose another one like I thought I had.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Very cool!
Spoiler:
lol oh man, your first universe spouse. XD sad sad. Looks like fun right off the bat, looking forward to more. X3
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, I LIKE this!
Spoiler:
OK, so, the first one, where they can't make money for themselves and have to move-in "stewards" is going to be rather a challenge, yep. I mean, you paint for fun, and then what? Hang it on the wall, I guess, and never sell it. Well, yay, environment score.

I'm sure she has a great personality, and her looks will grow on you. Personality is much more important than looks.

and in the second iteration - no electronics at all? Not even phones? Or do you have those "magic" phones, like the scroll phone, or the shell phone, or the Flintsims things? There are cool "non-electronic" downloads, and even if you do without any alarms, I think the phone is rather vital.

TAI CHI!!!! Yaaaaay!

Things are looking good for both of them, and yet, there are certainly challenges ahead, ask the non-worker struggles to get rich, and the worker struggles to have enough fun.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: Puttin on the Ritz an Alternate Universe Legacy Update 2

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
It feels good to be doing one of these again. Glad I restarted one.
Tell me about it. It sucks losing challenges.
Mauricette:
Spoiler:
Hi new reader person! Nice to meet you.
Yeah I almost choked up my sprite when I saw who got thrown to be my spouse in that iteration.
It's been a blast so far! Thanks for reading!
Michelle:
Spoiler:
yay environment score indeed. When you can sell the paintings the sims never paint autonomously, but when you can't. Pfft everyone suddenly thinks the easel is the coolest object in the house. So typical. :roll:
Oh Carmen's already growing on me. She's a fun sim, and with the makeover she's not that hard to look at.
I don't have cc phones yet. And so far it hasn't been a problem? They've managed to befriend walk-bys and so far they are dropping by the house...could always give the family a business for networking purposes I think? Course the cc is out there if I ever get unlazy and download some.
I know. I never learn Tai Chi so that was an awesome little surprise with marrying in Marisa.
It's been super fun so far. Thanks for reading!

And Update has been posted!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)
Spoiler:
Lol~ Both are doing so well! Nearly the same and yet different. I enjoyed the read- Thanks! :goodvibes:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Next time on Ash's future: 10 kids in each hood since ACR is running rampant. I am just too much of a control freak to let that go in my hoods. And I see that Power Rangers name theme coming back in MF-B, yes I know; I know all...anyway nice chappie.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Hi Becca!
Spoiler:
They are both doing well. They're proving to be additive to play too.
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Yeah I don't know what's wrong with me letting them have free reign like this...probably cause sims are finally on a decent machine that could handle the insanity.
Plus drama's fun...
Yeah I just couldn't stay away from using a PR naming scheme it seems....
Me being too lazy to think up an original naming scheme had nothing to do with it at all. :shiftyeyes:
GustDragon

Post by GustDragon »

Really great! Loved it!
Spoiler:
Especially the step by step writing style. It's really fun to read.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
I am enjoying seeing the differences and similarities between the two legacies - it's almost like you have a prettacy and an uglacy at the same time!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Gust Dragon:
Spoiler:
Love your username. Dragon's are way cool.
Thanks the step by step writing style is quick and easy which makes my life just a little bit easier.
Sam:
Spoiler:
Oh hai there Sam! I haven't talked to you in forever.
Aww thanks.
Yeah it's fun watching how the two houses are different...kinda spooky when some things happen in both worlds.
Yeah I guess we can thank the gypsy matchmaker for that. We'll see if she keep throwing me ugly spouses. Ha!
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Got all caught up. I love that you married in Carmen, poor exterminators get passed by so much. I love the parallels and differences. Can't wait to read more!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just read the second chapter. This is so funny!
Spoiler:
Awww, all the little kids are adorable! And I love how they surprise you with their little personalities.

Benjamin is a great "cash monkey," isn't he? That house is really looking great! I love it, too, that you have a solid theme going in both houses.

Wow, still no phone? I'm glad your walk-bys come back. Usualy, it seems my sims only get people they haven't met before. At least, it was that way until I installed a mod, because that's just ridiculous and completely unrealistic. "Hey, pal! I'm your best friend, and I'm NEVER going to drop by your house again! But I'll send a bunch of strangers, instead!" Yeah, no. That was one mod I absolutely had to have, as soon as I saw it.

Also, you cannot start a home business, let alone a community lot business, without a phone, and you're right that a business is excellent for networking, and it fits with their work-ethic, as well. Might I suggest a small phone "booth" with a locked door, which you can only unlock and access for specific things, like starting a business or inviting over specific friends (which of course, you would "play out" by inviting them to come at such-and-such a time, when you see them drop by, or downtown. Even in the olden days, people planned parties and invited people over for specific times, so I figure it you play the sims giving the invite, then you'd be allowed to use the phone to actually GET them there at the appointed time, because that's the only way to do it in this game, unless you have some cool mods. But other than those two things, yeah, you might be able to do really well without a phone. They can put out their own fires, and live with any burglaries (or just have one person "on watch" at all times, although I once had a burglar come int he middle of the night, with my vampire awake, and I don't understand how it always works, so, yeah, your sims can just live with a burglar. Also, in the case of run-aways or adoption, you'll need a phone to call the police, and you could play that out by sending them to a police lot, downtown. I take it you're using an "ice box" and a "wood-burning oven"? I really like how you're playing this!

I don't know which is cooler, the similarities or the polar opposites.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

I love all your tip style writing, lol.
Spoiler:
Yeah, Carmen throws the ugly out. Good luck with that.
A groovy little shack, lol. Like a love shack?
Isn't it like with all the handicaps, some legacies are kind of partly apocalyptic. It's nice when you want more of a challenge, but not so many rules you can't do anything.
Be useless as wife's head is impaled on the cabin wall, lol!
So let me see if I understand this newer handicap... you let your sims decide to have more babies :crowded: Oh wow, I pity when you have a family sim that wants 10! Eeegads!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”