Michelle's Apocasylum

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Michelle's Apocasylum

Post by MichelleCYoung »

The apocalypse has been going for three generations, now. At the Founder's household, the following restrictions have been lifted:

Natural Science (founder)
Artist (founder's spouse)
Athletic (1st generation heir)
Criminal (1st generation spouse)
Culinary (1st generation spare)
Business (2nd generation heir)
Intelligence (2nd generation heir's spouse)
Science (2nd generation spare)

It's time for the third generation to get underway lifting their own restrictions. But wait! All is not well at the Founders household. For the 2nd generation heir, heedless of the Medical restrictions, and lack of contraception, was a stereotypical Romance sim, who got around. Well, he didn't really get AROUND, because he couldn't leave the lot, except via the carpool for work. But while his wife was at work, he was very good at getting visiting sims into his house and his bed. Consequently, there are a whole lot of 3rd generation children roaming the neighborhood, all with Founder's blood.

The powers that be have gathered these Founder-kids into one household. Unfortunately, the radioactive dust have driven nearly all of them insane. Only one of these "Foundlings" is actually able to control his own actions. The government has, therefore, shut them all up in an asylum, leaving Bart, the one sane Foundling, to act as caretaker for his siblings. Bart has been told that they will not be released from the asylum until he achieves his own lifetime want, which is to earn $100,000, since he is a fortune sim.

So, our Foundling family has been plopped onto a smallish plot of land, 3x3, with building supplies, money in Bart's pocket and a "How to Do Stuff - For Dummies" book, as well as a folder with asylum rules and regulations.

Since Business has been lifted, and Bart is a fortune sim, he requested the right to set up a home business. To accommodate his request, the asylum regulation that they cannot buy anything new after building is complete has been changed: They can only buy new things specifically for the business, such as increasing their stock, as well as paying the wholesale costs for crafting supplies and seeds for the garden (they don't have to sell ALL their produce or crafted items, but they need to sell enough so that it counts as a "business expense"). They can install shelves and a cash register and/or ticket machine on the first day, but after that, they may not add any more. Same with crafting stations. Bart has to plan in advance.

However, in exchange for this concession, the Foundlings had to give up the right to any entertainment options, except for a single chess game and a piano. They have one set of weights, as well, and a mirror, in case Bart takes a job that requires giving speeches. Even the bookshelf has been banned, because nobody has written any novels for them to read, so Bart has to make do with his single "How to Do Stuff" book, alone. He's not even allowed to use a computer to write novels for his siblings to enjoy.

Moreover, when it comes to running his business, the government has placed a limit on pricing - nothing can be set any higher than "expensive." Without custom pricing, it's probably going to take a while to earn that $100,000, even with business perks. Oh, wait, business perks are not allowed? Come ON, government, cut me a break, will ya?

Right, right. It wouldn't be an apocalypse without restrictions, and the perks remain locked until Bart builds his business up to level 10. Sigh. Fine.

Anyway...

Will Bart Foundling manage to make his fortune and free his siblings? Or will their insanity be the death of them all?

Chapter 1 - Coming soon!

Yeah, I may or may not do this. I actually lost the file, but when I'm in the mood, I do have a certain founder in mind, after all... But let's just say this is on hiatus until I find my mind, again, because I seem to have lost it, at some point.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”