I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/28/2016*

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 09/29/16*

Post by lumasong »

Livvie, thank you so much for your complements! They make me blush happily <3 Thanks for coming out of lurking for me!

My goal was to entertain people with my blundering around not knowing how to do things, so I guess I succeeded! I'm really glad you've enjoyed it so far.

The kids were a bit of a nightmare, but a fun challenge too. I can handle so many sims in the other games, but it's really different for each game. I definitely never planned to let her have 10 children, but I like to follow my sims' wishes, and I just couldn't help myself.

Picking the heir between the three-way tie was super tough. I know I favored Jillian, but I tried to make it fair for all of them. I'm glad you like my choice!
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/01/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.0.0 Onward and Forward
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Oh! A lovely chapter!
First of all, the proprietor glitch is a common one. If you're not using mods yet, I highly recommend NRaas Overwatch and Errortrap. They save long gamefiles like the one you're playing in. They also clean up all the excess cars and things that might bog down your loading times (like having 5 proprietors for one lot...).

Anyways, I love Hunter and the girls! I was rooting for Jillian and glad she found someone special too! Overall, I just love this story. You seem to be getting the hang of the Sims 3. :bounce:

Sorry I can't offer more advice, I'm usually good at trouble shooting, but it's 2am and my brain is just fried tonight.
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I've generally been adverse to mods for TS3/4 (I don't know why, I used them extensively in 2), but I may have to look into those. I've seen them suggested before when I've looked up problems! My plan was to move to a new town when things got too glitchy.

I thought I was getting the hang of things too until I realized how close to elderhood Liang is. He's MUCH older than Jill - I keep forgetting that can happen :3

Thanks for your comments, Livvie! And good luck with the Reapers - someday I'll have to dig in and get into that! It's a big change from the observational stuff I do!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

lumasong wrote:I've generally been adverse to mods for TS3/4 (I don't know why, I used them extensively in 2), but I may have to look into those. I've seen them suggested before when I've looked up problems! My plan was to move to a new town when things got too glitchy.

I thought I was getting the hang of things too until I realized how close to elderhood Liang is. He's MUCH older than Jill - I keep forgetting that can happen :3

Thanks for your comments, Livvie! And good luck with the Reapers - someday I'll have to dig in and get into that! It's a big change from the observational stuff I do!
I play with an insane amount of mods in, a lot of my gameplay mods are NRaas (like Overwatch and Errortrap). They fix SO much of the game that whenever I play without them I notice it immediately. They're almost a little too good at their jobs, sometimes. :roll:
Mostly they're just good at taking care of a lot of issues like Stuck Sims, bloated inventories and game glitchiness.
Also, I've got this nifty feature with Woohooer (also by NRaas) I have this new interaction where I can ask a Sim how old they are in comparison to your Sim. It's super useful!
Though I totally get not wanting to use mods... I remember those days (Stares shamefully at her own 800+ package files). The loading times were shorter then...

Thank you so much! Ah, my lovely Reapers. Working on an update for them. They're kind of my babies. :rotfl:
For what it's worth, my very Original Reapers I did was very observational from the start, then I tripped and fell on that guy :arrow:
(my profile picture) and he changed everything.
The crazy bugger. For what it's worth, I love reading the little bits of personality you're finding in your Sims! I love reading about what mayhem they get into... and it's fun to hear about how other people like playing! :bounce:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Just got all caught up. It's a fun read! I like watching you explore the game. I'm learning some new things too. I don't really play the sims 3 much cause of the glitches. How dare sims disappear from my family tree! :P
Poor Juls getting ragged on by all your siblings sucks. I like Jillian has the heir. I can't wait to who she ends up with :D
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/02/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.0.1 Clay Toilets

Livvie
Spoiler:
One of the reasons for playing without mods is to get the 'pure' experience, really. I guess that means glitches and all.
I love the sim in your profile picture! He looks so unique <3
Pony
Spoiler:
Thanks for reading! I know there are a lot of glitches, but it's all new to me, so it's been an experience learning about them!
I felt bad for Juls, but he was the natural target! And I'm glad Jillian won - she's so expressive and so much fun to take pictures of!
I'm glad you enjoyed!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Omg. I love this. I'm still on Chapter 1 because I can't see through the tears of laughter to read right now. I played Sims 3 a lot longer than I have 2, so it is really nice reading yours and reminiscing about when I first started playing.
Spoiler:
Yay for finding wedding gifts in the mail and the eventual nursery. I can't wait to meet the new baby.
Wynter
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Wynter »

This makes me remember all the things sims 3 had that sims 4 doesn't have yet, and needs severely. Also, those eyes!!! lol
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I'm glad you're enjoying, Jenn!

Wynter, that's pretty much why I ditched 4 for 3. Tired of missing content.

I'd have gone for 2 but I don't have it anymore ;_; But learning to play a new one turned out to be fun anyway!
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/03/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.0.2 Playground
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/03/2016*

Post by Livvielove »

I read the update earlier but didn't get to respond until now!

I love how you're giving everyone some face-time, but I agree with you on your assessment of Lillian and Adrian.
I do love them, but they're... unique!

Also I love how you tossed in that very convenient picture of an airplane... I'm a sucker for romance so I'm always writing out my Sim's romances... but that airplane though! :heartbeat:

"Person person minus."
I was dying. :rofl:
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/04/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.0.3 Deciding the Other Heir

LIvvie
Spoiler:
Haha, I'm glad you liked the airplane. I really was just panning around while they were working toward the kiss, and that was the first time I looked at the sky.
I'm just no good at romance. I don't like it in books or movies either. I get all shifty and uncomfortable - I don't know why!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/06/2016*

Post by Livvielove »

I'm late to the responses! But I'm here now!

First of all, HI LUMA!!
I saw the mention and it made my day! I swear I can't play without NRaas.

I love your commentary and I died laughing at your "romance" comment (perhaps because I write so much of it myself that seeing it written like that was too funny). Jillian is awesome and I love Arrian too!
Spoiler:
So is Arrian's child Tibs? Or did I miss something? Or are you keeping it secret?
Either way I'm excited for the impending babies! Also, congrats on how many updates you're getting - wait, that doesn't need to be in the spoiler. Too late now. Too lazy to change it. :roll:

Also, I'm sending you internet hugs about your mother. :( :hug:
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/07/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.5.2 Weddings

Livvie
Spoiler:
The mods definitely help! Thanks for recommending them. And don't worry, I just shove everything under the spoiler /shrug

Arrian's babydaddy is a mystery for now! There are hints, but I don't have a good gauge of too subtle/too obvious so who knows if they can be picked up on. I mean, it's obvious to ME, but I was there, I already know X3

Thank you for the hugs! :hug:

I appreciate your feedback, and I hope you're enjoying the chapters!

(The babies are adorable - I've seen them as toddlers and had to stop myself taking a million pictures :3 )
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/07/2016*

Post by Livvielove »

I think I've figured out the baby daddy!
Spoiler:
Both babies have the same daddy, don't they? The broken heart, the thought bubbles, the constant fighting between Arrian and Liang...

Anyways, even if I'm right or wrong you don't have to tell me! Though I must say you're a lot more lenient on your Sims than I am. I once caught one of my Sim's hubbies flirting with his daughter's friend and boy oh boy did I rage on him. Took away all of his privileges, forced him to apologize to his wife for being a scumbag... threatened to raise his mother from the dead so she could scold him... had his father knock some sense into him ( :pan: which he was more than happy to do... everyone loved the woman Mr. Flirty married, so...), oh and then his grown daughter stopped talking to him for a week.
I'm mega harsh on the cheaters.
Anyways, I love Prince. He's adorable and very protective of his bed!
Jillian is amazing as always (will openly admit I was the one vote for her to remain the only heir. :roll: buuut I'm happy with any results, of course) and Liang has earned my skepticism.

Also - perhaps this will help for you?
I'm glad the mods are helping you though! NRaas is generally a really safe mod user to have. I usually like to use Master Controller (the Reset Sim feature on that one is ahh-mazing, the regular game cheat "ResetSim" doesn't get a clean as that one does) and a few other for-fun mods (like Story Progression and Woohooer and Careers). I'm not sure if this is an option through the normal game, but you may be able to advance to the next career level with Liang and see if that fixes your bug through a cheat of some kind. I know Master Controller has the feature where you can pick what career level you want him to be at, but I don't know if the regular game does. I don't usually play vanilla much these days (if I can help it).

Anyways, I don't mean to troubleshoot every problem you have, but I run into them a fair amount myself (as I used to/sometimes still do frequent Carl's Sims Forum tech board where I would troubleshoot problems there... :roll: It's second nature for me). Hopefully your game keeps going for you, but you can always put them in a fresh neighborhood and start from there if the bugs get to be too much. Keep in mind you'll lose your tomb progress (most likely) for Jillian.
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/08/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.5.3 Homewrecker

This is also the first time I've posted a chapter without having the next one pre-written. Scary.

Livvie
Spoiler:
Yep! If you look back at 3.5.1 in the picture of Liang's back, the hands around him are too pale to be Jill's, and they're pillow-fighting in their undies immediately after the woohoo. Angelina actually caught them, but she died right after.

I can't blame them though, because it was me who instigated it, not them. I had invited over one Arrian's lovers but he got deleted by errortrap. I panicked a little because Jill was already pregnant and I wanted them to be pregnant at the same time... so I improvised!

Liang does eventually go back to work, thankfully. He might have actually been on a paternity leave? I just wish the game wouldn't lie about when he goes to work next. It happens to my kids sometimes too, where they miss a day of school that isn't a weekend/holiday/snow day. It's weird.

I'll give traveling one more go, because I really do want to go back to France (plus I find it fun when it works right). We'll see if I can get it to work - I already tried most of those solutions!

I hope you enjoy the latest chapter! I better get picture taking and writing the next one for tomorrow...
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/08/2016*

Post by Livvielove »

Spoiler:
It's finally announced!
Welp, I'm still mad at Liang and rooting for Jillian, as usual (DUMP THE CHEATER). Though I highly suspect there was cheating on Jillian's end too.
I love Prince and dog/toddler interactions are amazing. I love the "Lick" interaction when the dog licks the toddler's face. It's too cute.
I'm glad that Liang is able to go back to work now. The game usually doesn't lie about things like that, so I think you just encountered a bug that worked itself out.
As for France, if it doesn't work in this file, I know it would work in a new save file. I've never really had issues with Traveling when I have my mods in from the start, but sometimes there's a "point of no return" where even NRaas can't help.
Either way, I can't wait to see the boys all grown up and the new children too!

Return to “Sims 3 Story Graveyard”