I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/28/2016*

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/09/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.5.4 Pregnancy and Labor

I had a hard time writing this one for some reason, but I hope it's still enjoyable.

Livvie
Spoiler:
I haven't seen the Lick interaction yet! I'll have to try it out!
I'll give France one more try to work it out. We'll see how it goes.
I'm eager for the kids to grow up too! I'm all caught up with my updates so I'm not sure they'll be out daily anymore, but I'll do my best.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/09/2016*

Post by Livvielove »

Hahaha! What an awesome chapter!

I know how it is when some chapters are just harder to write than others. The story I post on here is a novel I'm writing out, so it's more dialogue/description base, but I have a challenge (a lot like the one you're doing here) on another forum that I post in that's called a Short Dynasty. Basically it's like a legacy only on the shortest lifespan - but anyways; when I write for that some chapters just come easier for others.
For what it's worth, I enjoyed the chapter a lot. :bounce:
Spoiler:
Into the spoiler box we go!
Hunter is amazing. I've always liked him, but what warms my heart is that he's an evil Sim who loves his family. I've got me one of those in my legacy and he's my favorite.
Jillian is amazing, I've got a wee bit of a soft side for her. Hunter is my favorite of your Sims though.
Prince is coming in close though, what an adorable puppy!
I'll be happy to read whenever you do end up posting! =D
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/11/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.5.5 Growing Pain.

This one was easy to write and terrible to take pictures for! It seemed like a lot of time passed where just nothing happened. My meds are little messed up at the moment as well, so I'm not sure how consistent my updates will be until I get them straightened out. This chapter is shorter, but I'm just glad to get it out!

Livvie
Spoiler:
I adore Hunter! However much I complain about how long he's living, I'll be so sad when he does pass. He's 107 right now! He's been so great with the kids, and I'm especially impressed how well he's behaving with Arrian not being his official daughter.
Jill is a doll - I have so much fun just following her around. She didn't show up in this chapter much though. Maybe that's the problem - she's my inspiration!
Prince is so cute, but sooo hard to care for. I don't keep forgetting about him at all, why would you think that? >.>

As always, you're a wonderful reader, Livvie! Thanks so much for your support <3
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/11/2016*

Post by Livvielove »

I actually read this chapter the day you posted it, but I was ankle-deep in midterms for a while, so I didn't have enough brain capacity to respond in a meaningful way... Apologies.
Spoiler:
Hunter is amazing, as always. Hanging on for dear life - tell me, did he ever finish any athletic skill challenges?
Or have the Vegetarian trait (I can't remember if he does off the top of my head)?
Those tend to cause sims to live longer.

The kids are adorable, and I hope your game stops acting up on you soon! Interesting that Tib would send Arrian a love letter.
Hilariously, wouldn't it be funny if Liang died before Hunter and Hunter got a chance to see his other daughter married? XD
:awesome: Well, hope I didn't jinx it. ;)
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/16/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.5.6 Doctor, Doctor!

I've also posted the Generation 4 Heir Poll

Gah, midterms! I hope you did well!

Livvie, for after you read the chapter!
Spoiler:
Hunter was awesome, and he never did any athletics at all, and wasn't a vegetarian. He was just that awesome.
I actually was beginning to think Liang would die first myself, so I jinxed myself before you did! Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

I'm actually not sure I want Arrian to get married, though she still has the wish in her panel. It's kind of nice not to have a full house, and I'm not sure I want to clog it back up for no reason. But I feel bad not letting her marry anyone.. Not sure what to do there!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/16/2016*

Post by Livvielove »

Woah! Awesome update!
Spoiler:
H-okay, so, I got a little weepy-faced when Hunter passed. That was super hard to handle. He's lived a long life but I still wasn't ready for him to go.
Jillian is fabulous as always, nothing new there.
The boys are really fun. I always find it interesting to see what LTWs they roll, and you're brave enough to take on the Emperor of Evil.
I know you're kind of flying blind and that makes this fun for you, but just an FYI the Emperor of Evil promotion (level 10) gives Sims a red-glow that makes other Sims dislike them more when they are around them... family members included and BABIES included.
Arrian? I think she has a round face which gives her a youthful look. Kind of a baby-face, you know? It's cute on her.
Congratulations on getting Liang through the World Renowned Surgeon career! I was getting nervous about him not making it.
Either way, this was a fantastic update... and I'll miss Hunter SO much. :cryingeyes:
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/22/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 3.5.7 Downsizing
Spoiler:
Hunter's passing was rough. He lived so long, I thought he'd just go on and on! I wasn't ready to let go.
I didn't know I was being brave taking on Emperor of Evil! Oh well, I'll deal with it ^.^
You're right about Arrian's face, though I never noticed. It was always so hard to picture her as an adult, even when she was raising babies of her own.
I hope you enjoyed the new chapter! Sorry for the wait!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/22/2016*

Post by Livvielove »

Awww! I'm so glad to see this update!
I'm also super glad you found help!
And that the help was ME! XD
I had a moment like... "I helped someone? Oh! I mean... I helped someone!" :rotfl:
Spoiler:
Ah! The infamous inventory bug strikes again, I see! I was doing a Lifestate's Dynasty once and my founder was an inventor and all that scrap in her inventory rekt my game (haha, just kidding, it just made it so laggy and unbearable). I hadn't realized what was going on... but those world Adventures chests...
Let me tell you, I'm doing a Short Dynasty, and do you want to see one of the rooms I have?
Ignore the weird lighting, was a full moon, I believe.
Those chests can save your life.
Also - for Tiberius... I would put a bet on that he was riddled with bugs so marrying him set off too many alarm bells. Uni students aren't supposed to age, and people aging when they're not supposed to is usually a tell-tale sign of not-good things. Sometimes Errortrap gets overzealous, but in most cases they're usually pretty right.

Anyways, Liang... you worked him to death. Just teasing. He's great, and it's a shame he didn't get to fulfill that wish, but I feel like there's some irony in there.
Some hilarious joke I would love to crack right now, but I can't think of it. (Shrugs).
Peach is gorgeous. I love Imaginary Friend genes.
I'm happy Jill gets some time to retire. She looks so happy, especially now that her garden is smaller. XD

(small voice) Give in to the mush! Happy, mushy dialogue! XD
(Shrugs) I did earn me the title of "Queen of Mush" for a reason... XD
Anyways, I think I've mostly covered everything...
I hope... XD
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: I Don't Play the Sims 3 (A Legacy) *Update: 10/28/2016*

Post by lumasong »

Added chapter 4.0 The Power of Imagination
Spoiler:
Oh, those IFs are adorable! And that is a lot of chests! I only bought three, one of each kind. I hope it's enough.

I wondered if Uni students aged or not, and definitely thought it was weird when Tib became elder. I don't regret having errortrap if he would have caused me more issues. Ah well.

Peach is lovely! I adore her. Jill's still my favorite sim, but I think Yu Jie and Peach might be my favorite couple. They seem to go together so well.

Thanks for reading, LIvvie!
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Spoiler:
You've made it halfway! Congratulations!
It's such a cool feeling when you're like "I'm halfway done!"

Oh, and all those chests? That's because I'm OCD and I like to separate things for ease of access. I have one for: gems, metals, regular perfect-quality planting ingredients, perfect-quality alchemy ingredients, seeds, potions from the chemistry table (I've collected a lot of those over the generations), small-sized paintings, medium-sized paintings, large-sized pantings, misc inventory items, and one for skill certificates/driving certificates/Diplomas.
Essentially, I'm just a gigantic organizer. I like being able to find things quickly. :roll:
One would suffice for all of them... but... I'd much rather just have many.

Anyways, Peach, Jill, and Yu Jie make for adorable screenshots. Peach makes really cute faces! I'm excited to see what traits our generation 5 is going to wind up with. Grumpy and Good sound like such an odd combination... XD

A lovely update as always! I'm glad your game seems to be back to functioning once again!
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Finally caught up! blogspot doesn't like me commenting, so I'll try to remember to come on boolprop to comment.
Spoiler:
Yu Jie and Peach are adorable together. I love Peach's hair colour, though her black eyes scare me somewhat. Looking forward to seeing how the baby turns out.

So glad Livvie was able to help you out with the inventory thing. I'd suggest putting some of the excess fruit in the fridge, so your sims can cook with it - saves money, and helps the food be better quality. My sims pretty much only eat vegetarian meals now, since I only allow them to cook what they have the ingredients for.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Woo, I'm finally caught up!
Spoiler:
I'm having an issue right now with only getting boys too. It's very annoying.
I sometime put harvests in the fridge, but mostly I send a sim to the grocery store and sell it all.
I'm glad you got your lag issue fixed and I can't wait to see the newest baby!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I have never had the inventory bug, all the harvested produce I get is put in the fridge and there it can accumulate with no lag. I usually buy three treasure chests from each place, I put my gems, sarcophagus pieces, dive well fragments, pushable statue fragments, even those Mysterious Key pieces from ITF and also large metal ingots in them. The rest usually ends up in the Alchemy cabinet. I find the only way to get good portraits is to use the Paint Still Life option and before the capture screen comes up, make sure you have camera man mode on so you can move it to find the perfect shot. I also turn off the free will when setting up the portrait picture so they don't move on me. Anyway, all caught up now on chapters.

Return to “Sims 3 Story Graveyard”