Shando Legacy - Generation 3 Heir

Forum rules
When your poll is completed, please report it and ask for it to be locked.

Who Should Be Heir?

Poll ended at October 27th, 2014, 2:50 pm

Veronica
33%
Helena
No votes
James
67%

Total votes: 6

lumasong

Post Counts

Shando Legacy - Generation 3 Heir

Post by lumasong »

Once again, my Shando Legacy isn't documented, but I do utilize heir polls! I like them better than true random heirs.

Succession Laws are Gender Equality, Strict Traditional Bloodline, and Random Heirs (via Poll, obviously).

First up, some background on the parents!
Spoiler:
Rena Shando, our first heir, has since become a successful mother of 3, completed 4 Aspirations (all three Nature and Joke Star) and is well on her way to completing a 5th, as well as maxing 6 skills, thus making her my most successful Sim yet. She still has something like 15 days to Elder as well, so I look forward to what more she can do. Her original traits are Outgoing, Cheerful, Art Lover, and she now has about 15 more, far surpassing the Most Interesting Sim in the World Achievement.
Unfortunately, she married this jerk.
It's not a very good picture, but I don't care because I don't like him. This is Rolan Mayes, I believe a downloaded LegacyLoves. I mostly chose him because he had unique traits, was the right age, and had the skin color I was looking for (my founder was black, and all his kids turned out super white. Unfair). He is a Materialistic, Self-Assured Snob. Urgh. Several days into elderhood he FINALLY topped his career as an E-Sport Gamer. He has no hope whatsoever of completing his Aspiration (Fabulously Wealthy) and has mysteriously disappeared into a two-by-two room with naught but the legacy knight to keep him company. He's actually the same age as the second born of last generation (Rena was fourth), so once again the heir will long outlive the spouse, and thank goodness.

Other people of note in Gen 3's lives are their Uncle Van and his sweet wife, Sasha.
Van was actually my favorite of the last generation, yet received only a single vote. Thanks to the new spouse rules, however, I was able to get him married and never quite got around to moving him out. Van became an Astronaut as an International Smuggler, and Sasha is a Diamond Secret Agent. I'm sure neither of them knows exactly what the other does, but they are very much in love, and oh so cute. Like Rolan, they've become elders now and alas, never had a child of their own, but they'll stick around. I love them so much <3
Our first choice is Veronica!
Spoiler:
Veronica was the most adorable child, and it's continuously a shock to me that they jump from lean children to the unfortunate pear-shape of my founder's wife that all women in this family seem to have. Still, she's spunky and fun and will likely take up a Criminal career, unless her last trait leads me elsewhere. Veronica is very soon to become a young adult, and is my fourth Sim with the Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration (including Rolan and Van). I have yet to successfully complete it (though I'm working on it with Van), but I think I have a better idea of how to go about it after a few failures.
Second up is Helena!
Spoiler:
I don't know a lot of bookworms that love throwing parties, but I just generally don't know a lot of people, so what do I know. She would certainly help get up our Popularity score. Helena looked similar and always seemed to take second place to her elder sister Veronica, but I still reckon she'd make a pretty good heir. Her mother, Rena, never really got a job (she's in culinary right now, but only for her new aspiration), and I doubt Helena would either. Parties and friend-making are unfamiliar territory for me, so it would be a real challenge for me to keep up with her.
Finally, we have James!
Spoiler:
While the women take on the unfortunate pear-shape, the men of the Shando family continue to take on the Founder's barrel-chested-ness. James is new to teenhood, but doing well. As an adult, he will almost certainly pursue a career in Culinary for his Aspiration's sake. Beyond that, who knows?

In fairness, James originally rolled the Friend of the World aspiration, which does rather fit his traits better than the one I gave him. I rerolled due to the nonsense of not being able to have more than one BFF at once. I've already destroyed one relationship trying to resolve that issue, and I'm not ready to try again. Technically, this is cheating, but I work around enough glitches. I kept his first rolled trait, but took the reroll's aspiration. Confession over!
The poll will end within a week, or when James reaches Young Adulthood - which ever comes first! Thanks for reading, and thanks for voting!
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: Shando Legacy - Generation 3 Heir

Post by lumasong »

Looks like James is our heir. Thanks for voting!

Return to “Sims 4 Story Polls”