Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Re: What's going on in your Apocalypse?

Post by Bexx87 »

Hi All,

Im new to this challenge, could some one glance over my very boring story and tell me if Im doing it wrong and if I have to restart? Thanks:
http://boolprop.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3041
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Your story is very interesting though! Not boring at all :) I'll give it a readthrough & comment more on the story soon because I *loved* Simapopulas! Quickly, reading the first chapter & since you have uni the first thing I noticed was that the house needs to be above the ground until you lift Natural Science (either on foundation or columns). You're also not allowed the shower (you can use a sink to raise adult sims' hygiene if they sponge bath/wash hands) until Medical is lifted, you might want to look up this mod? It's the one I use and I've had no problems with it so far. I don't know if the house is 8x8 but if you have Freetime that needs to acknowledged until Architecture is lifted. Also I noticed you had the Season set to Autumn but they have to be set to Winter all the way through.

I know the offiical apocalypse rules are hard as hell to read (at least they are for me) because there's so many colours and loads of words for my dyspraxic self to handle :lol: http://modthesims.info/t/453459 I've been playing/reading these rules because they're basically the same from what I can tell & a lot easier for me to digest :)

These aren't too tough to not put right though! I really loved reading it and it seems like a challenge you've worked hard on. Keep going because I'm invested in it now! :) (Sorry this is a bit late.)
call me Thai!
they/them
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So, it's been months, I have no idea where I was or what had been lifted... so I started a new one. Decided to do a TWD named, adult start, child start. In other words, I started with Rick Grimes, he worked three different jobs for the first two weeks, and then quit to get pregnant. Judith just turned into a child and Carl has just been born. Rick will not be able to go back to work because Judith will not have turned teen by the time he turns elder, so I'm going to have about two weeks with an uncontrollable elder, a teen and a toddler/child. Hopefully he saved up enough money to get them through.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I played some more of my undocumented Borg AC after a significant break from it. The 3rd Generation heir's intended spouse Jan Tellerman just lifted Medical.
So far, what I have is:
Stella Terrano (founder) - Art (grave on the lot)
Rodney Jung (spouse) - Business (grave on the lot)
Este' Terrano (2nd gen heir) - Intelligence (moved out)
Xena Terrano (2nd gen spare) - Military (moved out)
Christian (snakeskin jacket) Terrano (2nd gen spouse) - Science (chose the Energizer aspiration reward) (about to move out)
Jan Tellerman (3rd gen spouse) - Medical
Oscar Terrano (3rd gen heir) - looking to lift Culinary or Journalism for backup (same skills required, Culinary hasn't showed up, but Journalism has)
Maya Terrano (3rd gen spare) - working on Education, I was initially going for Law to be done with suppressions (same skills required)
Image Image
ISTJ
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Well, they survived. Rick turned elder the same day Carl became a toddler, and then proceeded to refuse to change Carl's diaper, no matter how many times asked, or how green his mood was. Since Judith was only a child, she couldn't help much. Luckily she was able to call her father over on Tuesday, and *he* didn't have any problem changing Carl's diaper or giving him something to eat. I also realized that Judith *could* fill the pet bowl, and Carl was happy to eat that when his dad refused to feed him. Of course, with a dirty diaper, Carl cried, constantly, which, in a one room house, meant Judith got woken up constantly (and Rick, but since he was refusing to take care of his son, dementia or no, I didn't much care there <grin>). Judith was able to age up one day before Carl, but he didn't want anything she could teach him, so he aged up in low green.

One rule change I did do, was the definition of True Love. With no car, getting anyone to come over enough to fall in love was pretty much impossible. So I changed it to they could come over when their relationship was a crush with an LTR of 70 or higher.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Jendra wrote:Judith was able to age up one day before Carl, but he didn't want anything she could teach him, so he aged up in low green.
This happened with 2nd-gen sisters Este' and Xena in my AC. Both parents were senile/"incapable" of taking care of their toddler Xena, so big sister Este' did everything she could for her sister, except Xena rolled wants only for her parents, so Xena grew up in red aspiration and no Needs perks when she aged up. That I interpreted as Xena being a sickly child, and when she grew into a teen, she and Este' were often at each other's throats. I couldn't blame either girl, Este' working her tail off keeping the household running and doing everything possible for her sister, and Xena getting nothing that she craved from her parents.

It was a rather welcome dose of AC realism albeit somewhat sad.
Image Image
ISTJ
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

The last two weeks were a bit boring, I must admit. Judith became a popularity teen, with a want to become a General, which I'm fine with, if it comes up. Now that she just turned adult, the first job in the paper is Law... which I'm also just fine with, especially since one rule change I use is to move lock wants/fears to Law from Oceanography, just because I think it fits better. She's got 3 days for Military to come up then she's stuck with Law unless a bad chance card takes it away. She's going to marry Marisa (the blond one) if she lifts Hopeless. Carl is also a popularity teen, but he wants to have 20 pet best friends :jawdrop: :haha: Not going to happen. Rick has not rolled anything in the last week except Judith goes to college, Judith and Carl get scholarships, and a bathtub, so needless to say he's in the red.

So during play today, Judith kept getting chance cards and eventually, on level 3 got fired, on the same day Carl had food poisoning and Rick died of old age, still not in green. At least we got him out of the house and Judith got a job in Journalism and a promotion. The second story of the house finally got completely walled off, and although it still wasn't possible to move up there, it was a lot closer. Then my computer seems to have freaked out. It completely froze, I had to turn it off, and now the mouse isn't working right. And no, I hadn't saved any of that. I'm far more interested in the fact my left mouse button doesn't seem to be working (I've managed to switch things over to the right button, but I use both buttons). That's really annoying.

And I've just realized that I had cause and effect totally wrong. The mouse didn't stop working because of a problem on the computer, the computer "froze" because I couldn't use the left button on my mouse! I didn't need to lose everything... I quit for no reason! :sob: :hissyfit: :censored: :banghead:
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So, I ended up having to start back over the day Judith became an adult. She had already taken the job in Law, and this time she was going up faster and wasn't getting nearly as many chance cards. Rick died the day before Carl grew to an adult. First job was Culinary. Now, I remember thinking, several times, that Carl should *not* go into culinary. He set the grill on fire the first time he tried to grill hot dogs, and burned so many after that that I finally stuck him on lunch meat sandwiches (which actually earn you more cooking points than hot dogs, who knew?) Still, it was the first job up and even though I don't usually try to lift it this early (since it tends to make things boring) I let him take it. He's doing fairly well at it, and is already a waiter. He's got full logic and creativity, so just needs 5 cooking points.

Judith stayed in Law. It was Monday, she was one promotion away, had all her points, I made sure she was as green as it was possible to be. If she didn't make it that day, she would the next and be able to call Marisa over with plenty of time before elderhood. Chance card. She did not get fired, which I checked after I chose and could have happened. She did however, lose two charisma points. She wasn't able to lift Law until Wednesday thanks to having to get those points back. However Kim came by as soon as she got home, so she might not have gotten a spouse yet, but she does now have a cat.

Of course, that rule change I use? You know, putting lock wants/fears under Law... not doing me a lot of good since my mouse only has one working button. Yeah, can't lock wants without a second button :sigh:

Rick Grimes - no lift
Judith Grimes - Law, Hopelessness
Carl Grimes - working on Culinary
Kim - whichever comes up first; Service or Showbiz
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OUCH! Not being able to lock wants. Have you tried holding down CTRL while you click? Sometimes that works as an alternate button.

Good luck!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Got a new mouse, and obviously spring break is over, so not a lot of time to play again. Anyway, Kim did get adopted and a job in Service, which she topped. Carl topped Culinary and both Sake and Kobe got adopted. Kobe got a job in Show biz, which she recently topped, while Sake was held in reserve, just in case something happened. He'll be getting a job in Security once I remember to get him one. Marisa came into the house as a Junior Officer, and I made sure she didn't get a promotion since she had two days in a row off soon after her marriage, and Carol was born. She has since gotten fired by chance card. I went ahead and got her a job in Law Enforcement, which I should have held off on until she had another kid or two. I might have her quit, because I honestly don't care about that job right now and I do care about more kids while Judith is still around. Judith had 10 body so she is still going to work, as was Carl, but he just turned elder without the body skills needed, so he has 4 days to get them or he'll have to quit. Marisa and Carl's schedules were perfect, with Marisa getting home an hour before Carl started work so there was always someone home with Carol without anyone having to quit. She's going to grow into a child tomorrow. (well game tomorrow, no telling when I'll have time to play again.)

So

Rick Grimes - no lift
Judith - Law, Hopelessness
Carl - Culinary
Marisa - nothing yet
Carol - toddler
Kim - Service pet
Kobe - Show Biz pet
Sake - nothing yet
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So, first time in a month or so that I've played, last time I played, nothing really happened. I did totally forget about Carl needing those 4 body points, and when I got back on, saw he was an elder and still working, I just figured he had them. Once I noticed he didn't, I made him quit and family funded away about 15k, figuring that's about what he earned. Thankfully he topped Culinary before turning elder, because it would have really sucked if I'd had to go back to one meal a day, especially after what happened today.

So, I got back on and noticed it was Saturday and Marisa had Monday and Tuesday off. Perfect, if there's no promotion. So I got her pregnant and made sure she wasn't in a good enough mood to get a promotion. Then a chance card came up. Thankfully she just lost a body point and two days pay. Whew!

Carol's a fortune teen... no clue what she wants, as a fortune teen the chance of her actually getting what she wants is really low anyway.

Sake got a job in Security... and got fired. Kim turned into an elder, so I gave her away. Then since Kobe and Sake liked each other, I had them try for baby so we'd have someone to go for security pet.

Marisa... had triplets. Yeah, triplets. Third generation of an apoc, triplets. So thankful Culinary and Service pet have been lifted. No idea how I would have survived if Marisa and Carol were the only ones I could control.

So, right now, there are two (controllable) elders, one adult, one teen, three babies, two adult cats and two kittens. Of course, both Judith and Carl are unlikely to last too much longer, but I'm hopeful they'll at least make it until the triplets, Merle, Daryl and Lori are children. The kittens are Tokyo (boy) and Kyoto (girl).

Lifts are the same as above.
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So Carl died, while his older sister still had a while to go, mainly because Judith made it to permaplat through ltw, while Carl stayed in green. The cats got ignored because ... hello, triplets!... They did get fed though, so I never had to worry about them being taken. So, it's Sunday (in game) and Marissa is 2 promotions away and has all the points she needs. Which is when I realize, Judith has only a day or two left, and has almost all of the friends. Marissa has 1! Carol had 4. So now, besides taking care of triplet toddlers, and keeping Marissa as high in green as possible, I've got to put the two of them to making as many friends as possible. One friend came by who was Judith's friend, so I was able to let them in and stick them with a toddler and toddler bunny, so that was one friendship assured. The kittens grew up and Kyoto got a job in Security. Monday Marisa got promoted to police chief. Tuesday she did not, Judith died, the triplets grew up at the same time, and in the wake of Judith's death, Kyoto's queue dropped the Go to work, so she missed her ride and had to quit. Luckily they'd made enough friends in the last two days and Marisa made it to Captain Hero on Wednesday... which I will never see her costume because she turned elder that night. So, the triplets are kids, Carol is days away from becoming an adult (she wants to be a dancer) and Marisa is an elder. I also gave Sake and Kobe away to the same person so they would stay together.

I'd planned on either Carol or Daryl being heir, preferably Daryl because he's my favorite character. He's the only child that doesn't have full neat points, he has brown hair (as does Carol) while Lori and Merle have red hair and his mouth looks weird. I don't know, I'll decide once they become teens.

Rick Grimes - founder, no lift
Judith - Hopelessness, Law
Carl - Culinary
Marisa - spouse, Law Enforcement
Carol - teen (dance/fortune)
Lori, Merle, Daryl - children
Kim - Service pet
Kobe - Show biz pet
Sake - no lift
Kyoto - no lift
Tokyo - will try for Security pet
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Wow! Your apocalypse sounds really exciting Jendra :D So much going on!

I can't believe you have to deal with triplet children with no Medical lift... the hygiene bar must be so hard to manage.
call me Thai!
they/them
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Hygiene was a freaking pain! Lori managed to break all three sinks within 2 hours of growing up. At another point, all three of them were washing hands at three different sinks when all three sinks broke at basically the exact same time. So glad Culinary was lifted because they went to school twice in their whole childhood, the rest were all snow days. Still, they are all teens now, Carol is an adult and in the politics career which I wanted, so she has no chance to go for Dance. The triplets... *shakes head* Daryl is pleasure/grilled cheese (saving grace that) with a want for 50 dream dates. Lori is family/romance and wants to be Captain Hero. Merle is popularity/family and also wants to be Captain Hero. None of which is going to be happening.Tokyo is in Security pet, so we'll see how he and Carol do. I keep thinking that Carol is the triplets mother and Marisa their grandmother. Good thing I'm not writing it out, because I would be messing that up so much.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I'm thirsting for another Apocalypse. :shifty: Right now I'm playing a legacy (on my little sister's computer, since I still have no capable computer lol), and I'm thinking at generation 5 or so I might hit it with an apocalypse. If I remember right, my apocalypse took 7 generations to complete, but if I do it again, I'll challenge myself to complete it before generation 10, so basically it'll be a full bunker at all times. Right now, I have generation 2 as teens; in a few days my heiress will grow up, make out with the man I assigned her once, propose, get married, and get pregnant. :shifty: There's no time to waste.
Speaking of my heiress, she's named after Selena Quintanilla Pérez, and she got Rock God as a LTW! I love it! The naming scheme is American musicians, "American" meaning America the continent(s). Each generation is named after musicians from different American states and countries.
The first chapter will be at generation 5- when the apocalypse happens :D
hello! :heartbeat:
hippielayla86

Post by hippielayla86 »

That sounds really fun Chase! I typically get really bored with legacies after a while because they get too easy, so I like your twist. :thup: Good luck!

i just recently started playing my Apocalypse challenge again after almost 2 years. I had a computer die in between the last chapter and now and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to save them, but thankfully I was able to.

I'm very behind on my writing, in my playing I *if nothing catastrophic happens* will be able to finish it with the next generation. My current generation is at Uni.

I'm intrigued by people changing the restrictions around and starting with adults. I'm glad I had a uni start, but those switches with restrictions would have made it easier. I saw someone comment that they started with Artist as the first lift - I did just because I was waiting forever for medical to show up and it never did, so I finally took Artist figuring may as well take advantage of the college degree. It turned out to be a really nice first restriction to lift since the kids could gain creativity more easily, and then I lifted music shortly after so that was a bonus.

I second (third, fourth, not sure how many people have made this recommendation already) lifting Paranormal *early* I had a tragedy strike where two of four adults in a generation were scared to death before they were able to lift restrictions (one of them had just returned from uni too).

My last restrictions to lift are architecture, criminal, dance, entertainment, and business left to lift, so with my four kids of this generation and their spouse I should be golden! :))
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

So Carol topped Politics and they were able to get a hobby car and build that as well as start, very slowly, adding on to the house. Somehow or other, Carol booty called Callista, which I knew good and well I'd disabled globally, but somehow it looks like I'm going to have to disable each sim individually, no idea why, because the global switch being off should have meant it couldn't happen. Ah well, she wasn't who I wanted as a spouse, but I figure she's what I got stuck with because of it. 3 skill points and a job in Culinary is all she came with. Oh, she came with 12,000 Simoleans, but the family has well over 300k at this point. She got switched to Science immediately. Carol got pregnant and had Dale. She's currently perma-plat by bar and just, somehow or other missed her flight and I didn't notice until I got the pop up that she had used a vacation day, so she's got to quit. And yes, I know I hadn't planned on her being the heir, but she topped Politics with 16 days left on her adult life and the triplets were still a week away from becoming adults.

The triplets grew up, all at least in green, so that was good. Nobody feared being uneducated, which was awesome. They took the first jobs available, only one of which I liked, but I've managed to change the others since. Merle got Gamer, which he will keep (fingers crossed). Lori got Entertainer, but was able to switch to Business, which is much more useful. Daryl got Oceanography but managed to switch to Adventure. Hopefully they will all keep these... unless Military comes up in the next couple of days, in which case... probably Lori will be switching.

Marisa, I felt so sorry for her. Fortune Sims with triplet teens do not have an easy time in the apoc, because all she wanted was for them to get scholarships. Everyday, Lori gets a scholarship, Daryl gets a scholarship, Merle gets a scholarship and playing Marco Polo. That's all she wanted. I tried everything. I let her start a fire, so that a fear would be realized in the hope that it would reroll her wants. Nope. I let her meet and check out and scope rooms (or at least the front yard) nothing. Finally, finally she met someone she actually thought was hot and rerolled to something I could get her. She had been panhandling every two hours or so at that point.

Tokyo topped Security and I gave away Kyoto. I also adopted a kitten, Alegra, so I'd have more kittens. However, for some reason, Alegra didn't want to or couldn't eat from the dishes even though they were full. Someone had to feed her treats to keep her alive. Once Calista moved in and Carol got pregnant, I realized I didn't really have room for kittens, and the cats were being ignored a good amount of time, so I gave them both away.

Listie:
1st gen Rick Grimes - founder- no lift
2nd gen Judith - Law, Hopelessnes, Marisa - spouse- Law Enforcement, Carl - Culinary
3rd gen Carol - Politics, Calista - in Science, Merle - in Gamer, Lori - in Business, Daryl - in Adventure
4th gen Dale - baby
Pets Kim - servuce, Kobe - show biz Sake - no lift, Tokyo - security, Kyoto - no lift, Alegra - no lift
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

1 permaplat, perpetually hungry and pregnant adult. 4 adults all trying to top their jobs, none of which have the necessary skills yet. 1 child, 1 toddler and twin babies. So much fun.... what the heck was I thinking?
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

The micromanaging!!! Marisa died in green, and next to the driveway. I don't remember seeing her ghost though. Carl is a nice ghost, he cleans counters, mops up puddles, and takes the books three stories up to put them up in the bookcase.

Calista got fired at level 7 or 8 of science, not happy. She finally got a new job in journalism, which of course, only had one skill in common with Science. She's a couple of days from elder at this point and only level 3. Carol is permaplat and thus ignored unless I need her to groom someone or play red hands. Lori topped Business, (though she's got demoted since... I do not care, it was topped <g>), Merle topped Gamer. Daryl got a chance card that said he was fired, but instead he came home demoted all the way to the bottom. He's currently on level 7.

I think I might want to hold off on putting the secondaries on until after they roll wants. Dale is still a week from growing up. He wants to graduate 3 kids from college. Lots of luck with that, he's not the heir. He's also a pleasure sim (family is secondary). Hiram (who is supposed to be Hershel, but I messed up) is my heir, because I like his hair cut (and his personality I suppose). He's a romance/knowledge who wants to be a Space Pirate. Amy is family/knowledge and also wants to be a Space Pirate. And Andrea is knowledge primary (romance secondary) with the want to be a Professional Party Guest. I might be wrong, but it seems like every single one of them got a LTW for their secondary instead of their primary. Amy and Andrea when children would jump on the beds, over and over. None of my other kids ever did that. And Dale and Hiram keep stopping working out to smustle, which is illegal, so I have to keep stopping them... over and over.

Nobody can leave yet :( I really hope Journalism gets topped, because I need military! The house is way too full, and I don't want that many ghosts!

Listie:
1st gen Rick Grimes - founder- no lift
2nd gen Judith - Law, Hopelessnes, Marisa - spouse- Law Enforcement, Carl - Culinary
3rd gen Carol - Politics, Calista - in Journalism, Merle - Gamer, Lori - Business, Daryl - in Adventure
4th gen Dale, Hiram, Andrea, Amy - all teens
Pets Kim - servuce, Kobe - show biz Sake - no lift, Tokyo - security, Kyoto - no lift, Alegra - no lift
Jendra

Post by Jendra »

Hiram died :( He was my favorite of all the teens, and he got scared to death. No idea how, he had just finished eating and it was his first time being scared, but dead he is.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”