simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by simsterlyrock »

That would probably be my definition of a club. I guess it's more up to you than anything.
Twilightoutside

Post Counts

Post by Twilightoutside »

:oops: true... *sigh*, guess, I need to go back to the drawing board then...I actually had a few 'club 'themes' to go with, because I want some variety.

So far I have:

Goth (similar to that vampire club in the nightlife downtown)

Western/Barn (... okay, admittedly my first idea of a name for that theme was 'Country Club'... but I guess, that's not the same...)

Hippie (all these psychedelic color stuff that came with uni - a few bubbleblowers added, and there we are...)

Rock (music instruments instead of a DJ booth....)

Karaoke Bar? (I don't know, if this qualifies as club, but isn't that technically the same?)

Jazz (too bad, that they never introduced any kind of trumpet etc. as musical instrument...)

... okay, perhaps I'm stretching the definition of club with these too far - what do you say?
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I think all of those sound good. As long as they're just a club and don't double as a restaurant or a bowling alley, or something like that, I think it should count as a club.
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

My philosophy regarding clubs has generally been any venue (ticket machine) business that doesn't count for another career. For example, in my BaCC, I've got a music venue with 3 instruments on the stage that counts for the music career and a venue with ballet bars and such for the dance career, and then I've counted all my other venues as opening a Slacker spot, including a dance club, a roller rink, a video arcade, a spa, a gym, and a park. The park's a little iffy, but the rest of them seem to me to qualify as a "club" just fine.
Chan

Post by Chan »

I just got the first large boost of my BaCC with the addition of my first Business District! This one came relatively quickly, imo, as opposed to my first BaCC. This time I'm focused more on unlocking jobs and adding businesses than growing the population. Those SM points are tough haha.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Goodness, have I forgotten how BORING it can be with only one sim in a household. Especially after the Proudmoores with 10+ in one house. :lol: But my brand new BACC is going okay, founder just purchased his first business thanks to the loan jar. Now he just needs a wife and some kiddos...oh yeah, and money! I do plan on taking this one slow, so we shall see what happens!
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I think that single sim households and PlantSim only households are super boring. That's why I have my sims get married and have kids so quickly, even though I have an aging mod that makes them have 20 more days in the adult stage, so they don't really need to.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I did start another RKC on my laptop here since M&G murdered my last one, but I haven't gotten around to getting past the monarch and their castle building/buying stuff. I like them because they start with nine families right off the bat and the Nobility houses can hold Political/Military jobs even at the start if the pop isn't at 1000 and without needing a "military" base. It's called Maladorias.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I've never tried an RKC. I did look at the rules a few times though, but it just seems like so much to keep track of, and I feel like I'd NEED to download tons of stuff to make everything look all medieval. I guess I could technically do it as a modern kingdom, but it just doesn't seem the same.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I've only just started my BACC, well maybe a week or two ago so I'm going to give you one big update and then hopefully lots of little updates from here on out (I'm not officially documenting it since I don't have time to faff on with the images, writing and blogging about it). This is quite a short version of the events so far and I don't really know how many cycles I've played through.
Spoiler:
Founders
So it's started with Lacey Founders, a red head with a dream. She started up her business Paint Me Pretty (selling hand painted paintings) and then married good old Komei Tellerman. They eventually got pregnant and had twin baby boys: Brother and Bug. It was some where around this point I used the CAS sim to get a second household but I'll get on to that later. For a while the Fouders household was concerned about raising the boys and making money, and with Komei's gold badge in selling it was coming along easy. Brother and Bug reached adults and I decided Brother was going to be the Founders heir so Bug moved out. Shortly after that, Lacey died of old age but not before she could pick fights with Brother's wife: Ivy Copur. Komei managed to see the birth of Brother and Ivy's child: Dennis as well as Brother's alien baby Star-Lord before he died too. Currently the house has Brother, Ivy, Dennis and Star-Lord. Paint Me Pretty is at Rank 5.

Knack
I used the CAS sim to created Nick Knack. He was to be the owner of a club business which I named Nick Knack's Paddy Whack. It took Nick a while to find a spouse and he eventually fell head over heels for Marisa Bendett. Marisa took the career now available in the Slacker career path (after quitting that career first so she can start back at the bottom). Nick and Marisa had one son: Arty. So, for a few cycles Nick and Marisa raised Arty and improved the club and it was going swell. When Arty grew up to a teenager he helped out too. One day, Arty decided he could totally make Lobster Thermidor and it results in the biggest fire I've ever had in game. Everything caught fire and the Knack's weren't quick enough to put the flames out. Arty escaped due to the school bus arriving (yeah, the fire lasted ALL night) but Nick (only just an elder) and Marisa died. Currently there is only Arty Knack in the house and he is struggling. Nick Knack's Paddy Whack was at Rank 7 but it is not technically owned by Arty so he has to save up (something like $57,000) and buy it back.

Hamilton
Bug Founders married Marylena Hamilton in the Founders household and then they both moved to a new home. They started a business: Hamilton's Toy Store which is struggling to take off. Bug and Marylena are both Family sims so they started growing their family straight away. So far, they have a son Jamie and twin daughters Aurora and Eleanor (the only girl births in game so far) but a jingle was heard and they will soon be expecting another. Currently the house has Bug, Marylena, Jamie, Aurora and Eleanor. Hamilton's Toy Store is at Rank 3.
Population Score: 28
Available CAS points: 2
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

*snort* I LOVE that club name - though now I want to run around adding, leave the frog alone...(family joke) Sounds like you are off to a good start!

Not much is happening in my BACC at the moment, since I still have pictures to edit. *shamefaced* But when I last played the founder had three possible matches so far, and went on an outing to get to know each girl. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens there. I'm also waiting til I have 2 CAS points before adding another household - planning on moving in one of my all time fave sims (from simsforaranya) and making a CAS hubby for her. I'm really hoping to take this challenge slo0o0owly - having a huge number of households, while more interesting, can also burn one out. Case in point, my Proudmoores - 24 households and counting. :headdesk:

Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Posted my first new RKC chapter, and I named one of the king's daughters Princess Jennifer. :D
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Ani-Mei wrote:Posted my first new RKC chapter, and I named one of the king's daughters Princess Jennifer. :D
Told you I was royalty! :) Now to get my BACC actually POSTED! :rotfl:

All my servos are good witches - kind of required with realistic sickness in. I won't let them cure everyone, but would be nice to be able to cure the ones I like! Of course, keeping track of who maxed their magic and who hasn't is difficult - even with Sim Tracker!

cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Is RKC Royal Kingdom Challenge? *is already interested in this challenge just from the name!* I will definitely have to find time to read it :)

Also, do you guys have any tips for getting Rank 10 businesses? I can't seem to budge from 6's or 7's

Continuing on from where I left off
Spoiler:
Founders
Generation 2's Brother and Ivy are both elders now and just lounge around skilling and going to the businesses when their mood is up enough. Ivy started a flower business too (Ivy's Flower Emporium). Dennis (Brother and Ivy's child) and Star-Lord (Brother's alien abduction baby) are both just adults. Star-Lord got married straight away to Jan Tellerman and changed his surname. Next rotation they are going to move out and form the new Tellerman household. Dennis is still looking, without much luck, for a suitable partner - the NPCs are all male! Currently the house has Brother, Ivy, Dennis, Star-Lord and Jan. Paint Me Pretty is at Rank 6 and Ivy's Flower Emporium is Rank 2.

Knack
Arty had a hard teen life after losing his parents where he constantly painted to save up money for bills and food. Once he became an adult he married Sandy Bruty and they had daughter Annie. Arty decided to start up a new business, Stomach Growling Grocer's, in order to make a little money. Sandy helped out although was primarily concerned with upping her woohoo and make-out count so started two affairs: one with Melissa Fancey, another with Christy Stratton. Both were manageable when the Knack household was active but when I visited lots as other families there was uncontrollable flirty with Sandy and her lovers and eventually Arty found out. This led to many fights and on the last rotation they split up. Sandy moved out to a new household. Currently in the house there is Arty and Annie. Nick Knack's Paddy Whack was at Rank 7, still unowned, and Stomach Growling Grocer's is Rank 2.

Hamilton
The Hamilton's; which is Bug (Founders) and Marylena already had a son Jamie and twin daughters Aurora and Eleanor with not a lot of an age gap between the kids. Very shortly after the twins another set of twins was born, both male: Peter and Quinn. Once they were toddlers Marylena and Bug tried for a baby one last time and had Derek. They did want to have ten kids but I just didn't have it in me. This house was miserable for a very long time. Marylena took the job in the Slacker career as a bit of income as Hamilton's Toy Store was making no profit (and no one was in a good enough mood to visit). The children all grew up and now their oldest Jamie is an adult and engaged to Brandi LeTourneau. They will wed when there is space, both Bug and Marylena are elders now so it won't be long until they pass. The rest of the Hamilton children are all teenagers and just plodding on with homework and skilling if possible. Marylena recently decided she wanted to quit the Slacker career but it's fine since Jamie is now fully able to help with the Toy Store. I've decided Peter Hamilton will be the heir so I'll be moving all the other kids out to start new homes meaning my rotations are going to get longer and longer! Currently the house has Bug, Marylena, Jamie, Aurora, Eleanor, Peter, Quinn and Derek. Hamilton's Toy Store is at Rank 5.

Ridge
Using one of the CAS points I made Olive Ridge, a fortune sim. She founded her business Ridge's Fridges and it is a money maker! It took a rotation or two for Olive to settle down with Joe Carr, now Ridge, and they currently have a toddler daughter Matilda. I'm unsure whether or not they'll have more kids. For now, they are easily one of the richest families in the city (Other than the Founders but they inherited a lot of that money). Currently in the house is Olive, Joe and Matilda. Ridge's Fridges is at Rank 5.

Nunn
Using two more CAS points I moved in Matthew and Fiona Nunn, a married couple who just happen to be the simselves of my boyfriend and myself. I haven't actually played this household yet but I have seen them around Alpinloch buying goodies and making friends with the other households. They don't own a business and I don't plan for them to make one - they'll be pursuing careers.

Knack 2
This is where Sandy moved out too. I'm undecided with what to do with her and I haven't played her since the divorce. It's not a household line I want to continue so it may just be a house where Sandy grows old and fools around to her hearts content.

At some point I made a giant sport lot named The Place For Sport unlocking the Athletic career. A few of the teens maxed their logic too opening a couple of spots in the Science career. There was two burglaries (one after another almost) at the Hamilton house and the Founders house. There have been so many fires too, so many I have lost count.
Population Score: 75 (I think)
Available CAS points: 3
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Regarding tips for getting businesses to the top ranks, not sure what advice to give because for me it gets easier, even with the added number of customer loyalty stars required. The first two or three levels are always the hardest for me.

Do your Sims running the business have high badge levels? At higher ranks, I usually have to expand the number of registers, hire employees usually for restocking, and/or add more attractions or objects to sell for the increased customer demand.
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I hired three employees, one to sell, one to man the cash, and one to restock. Then had the lot owner kill time fishing. Fun fact, sims will join in fishing and raise stars without actually buying anything. I did it for my WYC founder that way. Only now it crashes once I have her use the phone to call with the Head for Numbers perk...wish I knew why.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

For my sims the first few levels are tricky then I get to 6 no problem and then it stops. Generally they've earned the gold badges in things by then too. I've hired employees but they always have a terrible mood and I've only ever really hired one before so I'll try more. I only have the base game and OFB (I know, it's shocking!) so I don't think I can do fishing but it'll be to do with building relationships right? I haven't tried fishing to be honest but I'll give t a go (is that from Seasons?) Everyone in my town hates each other and they are constantly fighting so I might need to put something in to distract them all. Like a hot tub or pinball machine and see what happens!
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

cynicalbadger wrote:For my sims the first few levels are tricky then I get to 6 no problem and then it stops. Generally they've earned the gold badges in things by then too. I've hired employees but they always have a terrible mood and I've only ever really hired one before so I'll try more. I only have the base game and OFB (I know, it's shocking!) so I don't think I can do fishing but it'll be to do with building relationships right? I haven't tried fishing to be honest but I'll give t a go (is that from Seasons?) Everyone in my town hates each other and they are constantly fighting so I might need to put something in to distract them all. Like a hot tub or pinball machine and see what happens!
I'm pretty sure fishing came with Seasons. I can't think what other EP it would have come with if it's not Seasons. It just makes sense with that one, haha.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

@Riss: Yeah it does make sense to be with Seasons. I'll probably buy that EP eventually.

I managed to get a business to Rank 10! I just hired more people and worked on customers who did have the gold stars. It wasn't too bad :P

What's happening in my BACC:
Spoiler:
Founders
Quick history: Lacey (founder) + Komei= twins Brother (heir) & Bug
Brother + Ivy = Dennis (heir) ALSO Brother got abducted = Star-Lord
Star-Lord and wife Jan moved out to a new home. Dennis, the true Founders heir, was out looking for a partner. He eventually married Brittany Yang they have one daughter Eve who is currently a child. Generation 2's Brother and Ivy both passed but not before Brother made Paint Me Pretty a Rank 10 business!! Since they made loads of money with that, Dennis then purchased Nick Knack's Paddy Whack too. Currently the house has Dennis, Brittany and Eve. Paint Me Pretty is at Rank 10, Nick Knack's Paddy Whack is Rank 6 and Ivy's Flower Emporium is Rank 2.
Sim count: 7 | Business count: 3

Knack
Quick history: Nick Knack (founder, a CAS sim) + Marisa = Arty
Arty + Sandy = Annie
Not much more has happened in this household. Annie is a teen now, next time I play this house she'll become an adult. Arty is now an elder and has been working hard to bump up the rank of his Grocer's
Currently in the house there is Arty and Annie. Stomach Growling Grocer's is Rank 5.
Sim count: 4 | Business count: 1

Hamilton
Quick history: Bug (formerly Founders) + Marylena = Jamie, twins Aurora & Eleanor, twins Peter & Quinn and Derek.
This house was so full! Bug and Marylena eventually passed away opening up some space in the household and all of the children grew in to adults. This allowed Aurora to romance and move in Benjamin Long who then proposed, married and moved out to form a new household on the very first day of the rotation. Then during the week all the other siblings were working on getting a spouse. Jamie's fiancee Brandi LeTourneau moved in and they married, on the final day of a rotation they went off to form their own home. Derek was another sibling who married and moved out, he wooed Kaylynn Langerak and they formed the Langerak household. Eleanor, Peter and Quinn are trying, but are not very successful, at finding someone to love and it's not looking like they will go off and form their own homes. Currently the house has Eleanor, Peter and Quinn. Hamilton's Toy Store is at Rank 6.
Sim count: 5 | Business count: 1

Ridge
Quick history: Olive (CAS sim) + Joe = Matilda
Olive and Joe had another daughter, Thursday and everyone is growing up fast. Olive and Joe are elders and both Matilda and Thursday are teens now. Both teens and both with the romance aspiration so I'm undecided how I am going to continue the Ridge bloodline. The family bought another business but their main focus is getting Ridge's Fridges to Rank 10 before Olive and Joe die. Currently in the house is Olive, Joe and Matilda. Ridge's Fridges is at Rank 8 and Bedventures is Rank 2.
Sim count: 4 | Business count: 2

Nunn
Last time I had played these yet, but now I have! Matthew took a career in the Science track and Fiona picked up the job in the Slacker career. Fiona is a family sim who wants to marry off 6 kids so we're looking at a full house in the future. So far, Fiona and Matthew have had four children: Mae, Amelia, Jack and Luke although I've decided that they are going for 6 and a jingle was heard before I last logged off this house. Mae is the oldesy, a child on the brink of teenhood and Luke is still a baby. Currently in the house is Fiona, Matthew, Mae, Amelia, Jack and Luke.
Sim count: 6 | Business count: 0

Knack 2
Quick history: Sandy, originally Bruty, divorced Arty Knack and made a new home
Sandy didn't get many rotations before her death. she took up a career in Science and spent many an evening with different lovers and watching stars. I tried to get her in a bad mood to age her quickly with the elixir of life but that wasn't working. Luckily (unluckily for her) all the stargazing paid off and a satellite crushed her. She had $10,800 left in her bank which I will put towards a University when I eventually get that EP. This house is empty and will not be played anymore (but still count towards numbers and things, right?).
Sim count: 1 | Business count: 0

Tellerman
Star-Lord (alien abduction child of Brother Founders) married Jan and formed this little house. They started a business - Out of this World Electronics which is not doing well because Star-Lord is so mean. They have two children, daughter Luna and son Mars. Both have weird faces thanks to the alien genes. Star-Lord is also the only sim to max out all skills so took up a career in Science just because he can. Currently in the house is Star-Lord, Jan, Luna and Mars. Out of this World Electronics is at Rank 3.
Sim count: 4 | Business count: 1

Long
Aurora (originally Hamilton) shacked up with Benjamin Long. Aurora wants to marry off 6 kids and I am one to please so as well as the Nunn's, the Long's will also be a lrge family. Aurora has a career in Law Enforcement and Benjamin nabbed the one position in Business. After one rotation they have one daughter Cather and son Walter. Walter is just a baby, literally less than an hour old and I believe Cather is still a toddler. Two of six down. Currently in the house is Aurora, Benjamin, Cather and Walter.
Sim count: 4 | Business count: 0

LeTourneau
This house is made up of Jamie (originally Hamilton) and Brandi but I haven't actually got round to playing them yet. It is only those two in the household so far.
Sim count: 2 | Business count: 0

Langerak
This house is made up of Derek (originally Hamilton) and Kaylynn, again I haven't actually got round to playing them yet. Only the two in the house.
Sim count: 2 | Business count: 0

At one point I made Alpinloch's Military Base too to open up the military career. So that and The Place For Sport are both unowned community lots making a total of 10 community lots as well as 10 homes
Population count: 156
Available CAS points: 6
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I just got my first level 10 business too! It was all retail. It sped up immensely once I got to cash registers (and hired one cashier). The best of the best award on display probably caused at least 1/4 of the stars; they are ALWAYS nodding at it!
hello! :heartbeat:

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”