Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by Pony »

I'm having her bring her dogs to work with her. But no dogs are showing up at the park. I think I'm going to have her build it, then release it to the community. I think the dogs and cats will show up if she's not the owner.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I started a new, undocumented BACC because I'm hoping that if there's no pressure to update or keep going, I'll be more likely to actually finish it. I'm using EA premades and so far have Mortimer and Bella Goth and Don Lothario. Morty and Bella have 2 children together and Morty has 2 alien babies, and then Bella and Don had an affair which led to a baby AND Mortimer breaking up with Bella. I was a bit sad for that since I really like them, but it is what it is. So Bella is now living in her own house with Don's son and we'll see what happens. She's a week away from being an elder with a toddler and want for another baby. :lol: Her life sure is interesting.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Worked on Silver Bend's backlog of chapters this weekend. It felt good to finally make some progress. I played the Diem house while I was working. Week 8 has unofficially begun. SimPony's younger kids are finally making their way into college. Making one of the biggest houses in the hood one of the smallest. It feels so weird playing their giant house with only a few sims in it. I'm tentatively planning to get all the backlog of chapter written and then starting converting all of the older chapters to Livejournal instead of slideshare. Since slideshare is being difficult for me.
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

I just took out some problem mods from my game and took the age mod out so now my sims will age like normal. I'm about to go from 1 household of like 12 people to 4 or 5 households so I am excited because all those households are going to mean I can build a community lot AND unlock careers! YAY.. This BaCC is going better then any other one I've had.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I think I'm going to start a new BACC soon. I kind of want to attempt an apocalypse first though, because I'm crazy, so I think I'm going to attempt that before starting a BACC.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

You should attempt an apocalypse! I've been debating on putting it on the challenge list for Silver Bend since I have an empty business district available. And then start a new BACC for me to read :D
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I decided to start a new BACC and maybe do an apocalypse in a few weeks/months once I've read a lot of them here and read the rules a bajillion times so I know exactly what I'm getting into. There are SO MANY RULES. :lol:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

That there are. Either way, new exciting stuff to read. :bounce:

Oh hey, do you know of any good poseboxes for family portraits. I'm trying to be better at getting family portraits for the beginning of each chapter, but I'm getting bored of the maxis poses. I have a couple poseboxes and have been looking for more, but I can't quite find what I'm looking for.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

For the most part, a little blurb like this will be my update post from now on, which no longer really qualifies as a story, so I'm posting my progress here as well as in my Mesa Vista thread.

MV Urban Creep Update - Nitty Gritty version:

To start off Week 6, new arrival Agatha Crystalbotham swindled earned over §2,000,000 with her Crystal Card Club, and used her winnings to purchase the Public Toilet in St Hubert (cuz charging desperate Sims is how Agatha rolls) plus an additional 48 community lots for her new development called Crystal Vista, as well as funding bogus online, bet the suckers don't read the fine print Crystal University. Ooh! Shiny!

(Note Tiffany Zarubin's bag o'cash and the snapdragons Agatha coerced from her at the end of Week 5)

Playables: 102 (+1 added Agatha)
Sim Multiplier: 55 (+10 for 50 community lots +5 for new Uni)
Population: 5610 (+1570)

I now have 12 potential business districts, and 6 near-Tycoons coming up in the rotation, so expect more nice bumps in population.
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Wow, things are going well, Lorin! It might all be a bit shady, but Agatha is sure making things happen :lol:
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Sometimes shady is what you need!!

And Pony, I won't be much help with the poseboxes since I don't use them. I just use the in-game poses whenever I do portrait things, but sadly those don't let the Sims pose together.
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

I want to start an Apoc challenge as well! I'm scared though.. I think I am going to finish my BaCC first and then see if I still want to do one.. I might just do the BG rules at first though..
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'll probably stick to in game poses then.

I went to add to Apocalypse challenge to Silver Bend challenge list and it was already there. I'm kinda nervous about a simself rolling it though.
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

I unlocked the downtown (Because my rules are revised) and I am so excited! I know exactly who I am having moving there. Also I am starting on rotation 12 and I can't believe it !
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

I also like playing with my own rules for Ingleside....but I'm like eh it's just for fun so I can do whatever I want.
Darn you Pony...now i'm binge playing and doing the best I can to keep up with the writing so I don't play too far ahead. Cause I know me, if I play too much without writing stuff down I'll forget everything....
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I'm a bad influence :lol: :diablo:

It's so hard not to play ahead, I'm working on rotation 7 and I've played through the first few households of rotation 8. I've forgotten so much. There's a lot of 'why did I take this picture'.
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

That's why I write up the updates as soon as I've played. :lol: Sometimes that means 3 updates in one day, but at least I don't forget what everything is.
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

I do the same. I write them right after I finish a rotation so I don't forget a thing.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hoo boy - tragedy just struck the Shin household: Stephan started a kitchen fire while making omelets for Saturday's breakfast. Neither he nor Diane could overcome their panic to call the fire department, but their oldest son Stan finally managed to and the brigade arrived, but alas, too late to save poor Diane :no:

There's still Sunday and Monday left to play, enough time for a funeral. She made Business Tycoon earlier, so another big rise in population, but I'll wait until their week is finished before I post the updated tally.
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”