Build a City Challenge Chat

Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by Keika »

So! BaCC question here again. ^^ Do you guys count your earned CAS sims for your population before you place them in the neighborhood? I was wondering, because after a while I can see how you would end up with tons of earned sims who you don't want to place because your neighborhood is already huge, and it seems like a waste to earn those sims and not have them in your population total. Would you consider counting those sims as part of the population cheating for this challenge?
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I don't count them until at the very least they have moved into a lot and are ready to play. The BaCC rules say that you have to play every household for an equal length of time in a rotation, so in my opinion earning them alone isn't enough to count them. However, I do feel that if you're near the end of the challenge, it would be okay to count any saved-up CAS Sims if all you need to do is plop them down in the neighborhood in order to cross the fifty thousand mark. Kind of a vague distinction, I know, but I haven't ever seen anyone count their earned/unplaced CAS Sims while working their way through the challenge.

(So far I've earned 57 CAS Sims, 30 of which haven't been placed yet. If I were to count them, my population would jump by over a third, from 2673 to 3663.)

Hope that wasn't too confusing!
Image Image
ISTJ
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

No, I getcha. That's why I asked: situations like yours, where there's such a drastic population change, and since this challenge is so incredibly long and all. I like your distinction for the end of the challenge; since, you know, all you would have to do to win is just put the sims down. Thanks for the input. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I guess it depends on how many new faces you want to play. I mean, having the points to spend is nice, but it's OK to just save the points until you are yearning for some fresh blood.

Fortunately, for my hood, I'm not keeping score, so I'll add any and all sims whenever I darned well please, if I please at all.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

I've restarted... :pan:

This time I'm doing Pleasantview... with Mortimer my founder (he earned his son ;) ) ... I'm thinking of playing most of the families as a Challenge. Most, a few don't work that way but could be fun to just play between the rule play families. :hellokitty:

Mortimer has already earned his castle (been working on it for the last 3 hours :spin: ) - I removed all his money back to 20k and removed all his skills. He'll get a job and then quit to remove his retirement- at least I hope that does it. If not I'll remove the money as he earns it. :smiley:

*wrong edit. XD
Last edited by Rflong7 on February 6th, 2016, 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

So you're actually playing in the Pleasantview neighborhood, and adding sims to your rotation as you earn CAS sims? Sorry, I'm not trying to sound judgmental, I'm just honestly curious how you're going about this. :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Did you townify all the playables? That makes sense to me.

Or, just ignore them, and CALL them townies, which is what I probably would do, because I've yet to figure out how to townify anyone without breaking my game. But if you don't play them, they don't count, right?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Yes. I'm starting with Mortimer Goth (King Morti)- removed his skills and all his money- now I'm working to get the other Sims added. Each Community lot he buys gives him a Sim; Every Million he earns gives him a University which earns him 5 Sims. He's earned 7 Million and owns 8 lots= 43 Sims, Right? The town only has ( not counting unborn Sims) 18 Sims, I think . . .

I know I"m supposed to start and add CAS Sims but this is my little twisted world. :)

... I'm removing their money and skills but not their family ties. They'll get some money according to their rank or Challenge. :)

*I changed the map because I liked the one I made better (used it in my lost BACC).
Spoiler:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Ooh, that's an awesome map! Totally go for that one. I love how you've decorate it.

And yeah, that sounds pretty cool! King Morti's really been doing well for himself, huh? :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I was just looking back through this thread and really enjoyed (and get inspired!) reading about everyone's progress, so here's mine:

Just finished playing the Adams (founder's) household. A new baby, Abigail, was born, boosting the population by 33 to 2673.

Business Tycoon Nikki was fired for being late three times (I forgot she'd been late twice from the previous week!). She wasn't too broken up about it (Family Sim), now she gets to stay home with her five kids while Zach finally got a job.

She also established a new business, Desert Greens Mini Golf (ticket machine venue), using some extra Execuputters her friends gifted to her. Playtesting shows visitors won't autonomously use the putters, but they will accept lessons. I'm currently looking into autonomy mods for career rewards, but for now, it runs as a legitimate business, and not just for show or points.

Some pics of the golf course:
Spoiler:

In Build Mode to remove the snow:

:hugs:
Image Image
ISTJ
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

That's so cool- I Love Mini Golf. :woot:

Just finished my founder's round~ Morti and Bella have a new son named Mortecai. Alex has decide on his future wife which will bring a little drama to the hood. :)
With now 9 Universities and a Business district, I've added 18 or 19 families... I've decided I've gone crazy having that many. But, I get to add several non-owner made community lots - One will be a mini Wal-Mart type for my TPC family.

I finally realized what I should do for my Sports lot. I've always wanted to use the Surf mod and so I made a Surfing beach. Put in some bungalows and all the fun stuff I could think which would fit. I haven tested it yet, but I will soon. :bounce:

I had a stressful fun time putting in the Simselves and turning them into townies. I thought it would be more fun to see if they will cause some fun for me if they got to wander around town. :party2:
Spoiler:
Pleasantview Kingdom (I placed all the lots to figure out how best to fix it all in, the empty ones will be bought and don't count yet) :)

Sports Beach- they competition area is the water.

Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

Rflong7 wrote:I had a stressful fun time putting in the Simselves and turning them into townies.
Can I ask how you did that? I'll have some playables soon that I want to have as townies and I can't find anything online about it.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I bet simself townies will be a hoot!

Your town is so pretty! The Sports Beach lot looks great, I would love to visit some place like that!
Image Image
ISTJ
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

I used the Teleporter shrub and the 'Make Me.... a Townie' options- http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/18672.html
http://pixel-trade.livejournal.com/18672.html
Took me a little while to find the right command because I didn't have the right mod. :blush:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=188501

Thanks! @Lorinsv :D
I was thinking about adding more Simselves. The King's Castle is open from dawn to dusk everyday so I get everyone visiting. Most of the lots will have home businesses. :D
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

thanks, Rflong!
Lili

Post by Lili »

Those are some very inspiring lots!

On the subject of the sports themed community lot, I don't quite understand what this means: an area for competitive games. I thought maybe it was something that can fulfil the want to win against another sim (like darts, pool table, chess..) Or do we just pretend competitions could happen there (for instance if an area is decorated like a tennis field when really sims can't play tennis)?

Also the Club that opens a position in the Slacker career track, what exactly is a club? I made a Nightclub but it could also be a bookclub, or just any building where sims sharing an interest in something gather, right? A substitute for hobby lots, in a way, but owned by a playable.

Lorinsv I have found these invisible recolours of the execuputters (haven't tested them yet), maybe you'd be interested in them. Or maybe not, your mini golf looks lovely, very relaxing, I hope the customers enjoy it!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi, Lili :)

I always thought the club meant a Night Club... Mostly since it's connected to the Downtown district. Not saying you can't do a book club place. :hellokitty:

They don't have to compete, just be able to do a sport, I guess. No one really wins in any of the sports in the game. Kicky ball, basketball, catch...
My first BACC I built a Fishing Club for sports fishing; it was like a Country Club for Sports Fishing. It was grand and I wish I had it still. :D
Lili

Post by Lili »

Hi and thank you!

That's how I interpreted "Club" too but something made me doubt and I thought I'd ask :)

Fishing sports sounds great, I'm sorry you lost your first BaCC neighbourhood. My sports themed lot has a bit of everything (no fishing though^^) since it's really hard to spend 250,000§ and 5x5 lots are huge. Hopefully the competitive sims will find something to their liking there :D
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

A bit of Everything for a Sports lot sounds great. :D

I did wonder about club because of the "club" but I stuck to what was easiest. :blush:

Thanks- I loose files every time I clean up my computer... I did think I was careful that time but I wasn't.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Lili wrote:Those are some very inspiring lots!

On the subject of the sports themed community lot, I don't quite understand what this means: an area for competitive games. I thought maybe it was something that can fulfil the want to win against another sim (like darts, pool table, chess..) Or do we just pretend competitions could happen there (for instance if an area is decorated like a tennis field when really sims can't play tennis)?

Also the Club that opens a position in the Slacker career track, what exactly is a club? I made a Nightclub but it could also be a bookclub, or just any building where sims sharing an interest in something gather, right? A substitute for hobby lots, in a way, but owned by a playable.

Lorinsv I have found these invisible recolours of the execuputters (haven't tested them yet), maybe you'd be interested in them. Or maybe not, your mini golf looks lovely, very relaxing, I hope the customers enjoy it!
Hi there! :highfive:

Thanks for the link, that's a great idea! I'll play around with it at Desert Greens with different carpet colors like we have here, and I can definitely use it for an 18-hole "real" golf course (NPC or owned) :yes:

For the sports-themed community lot, I didn't really consider the broader competition thing. I think of it more in the context of physical activities, so not sure I would use things like darts, pool table and chess, though really, darts and pool do require physical talent. It just occurred to me axe throwing (archery is an Olympic sport) and log rolling could add a fun twist too!

For clubs, I think of them more as nightclubs (bars, pool, kareoke, dance clubs) than group activity type clubs, but heck, we need lots of them for our aspiring Professional Party Guests, and parties can be centered around hobby activities, so really, why not 'specially if there's a lil drinking involved... :party2: :D
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”