Build a City Challenge Chat

tegami

Re: Build a City Challenge Chat

Post by tegami »

simsterlyrock wrote:
tegami wrote:I save almost always when the saving pops up to my head because i'm paranoid it'll crash immediately if i don't save xD

I have pink flashing problem too. My sims can't go on vacation because the place will instantly flash pink which makes me so sad because i'd like to utilize the Bon Voyage EP more ;_;
The Graphics Rules something-or-other (can't remember the exact name now!) might help with that. I use it to make sure that shadows show up properly and the graphics are smoother than they otherwise would be
Thanks, i'll try that!
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

i haven't played my bacc for a while so what i did for the last 2 days is binge play it, i've just completed another rotation :3
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

I have one more household in the rotation that I need to play, but I might spend a few CAS sims to really fluff up my business district and university. I have 30 that I can make. If I used them all, I would probably have a population close to 5000 by now. :jawdrop:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I always use the CAS sim up each round populations as you said goes up way quicker.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

I have 31 CAS points I can use for Crimson Falls right now, but I feel like it would be so overwhelming. I probably should've used them right away when I earnt them but it's too late for that. I can barely manage the amount of households I have right now (20 at the moment, at least 5 more to come this rotation and another 5 added next rotation when they graduated uni).

I like to see the city grow, but I think I'm going to focus more on earning business districts and universities to get the population up. I really like the families I'm playing and I feel like when I add new families, I'm not that attached to them and it gets me bored.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I very rarely use my CAS points because I already have so many kiddos born in my game. I have close to 30 now so I might actually use some to help my population.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Right now I have 93 unused CAS Sims (currently worth 5580 if placed with a 60SM) that I plan to use toward the end of the challenge for the final push over the 50,000 mark. I do use them occasionally when I think up an interesting household I want to play, but I would rather play dozens of additional households once in the final rotation rather than over the course of many.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

I think I'll largely be holding onto my CAS points too, until I'm close to finishing. Having a lot of families can be overwhelming, and the neighborhood is going to keep growing on its own.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Yea, I'll likely hold onto my CAS points in my current BACC and only make them if I need new blood in the challenge or want to start a new challenge within the BACC.

Personally, if my CAS points would cause me to cross the finish line, I'd consider the challenge completed. I won't be making the Sims just to make them to cross the finish line. That's pointless, imo.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Using your CAS makes more houses to play but they can make more business and more universities and you sim multiplayer goes up quicker. Everybody has the own way of playing. And you should enjoy what you play :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I just loaded Silver Bend for the first time in forever. It's nice to see some familiar faces.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I posted in the general challenge thread because I couldn't find this one last week. :lol:

I'm on rotation 13 of my unpublished BaCC, and I've just gotten my first subhood (a business district)! I'm playing with seasonal rotations and have just moved up to 6 households (up from 4, though I was sitting at 5 for a while). The founding family is almost in its fourth generation, and they just need about 200k more to establish a university; meanwhile, I've only just started collecting taxes in rotation 12, and the funds for the public university are already up to 100k (including some from the half-played current rotation).

I'm thinking that instead of creating a new university subhood for each earned university, I'm going to add a "college" to existing ones. So I'm only going to have the private and public university, and when another million simoleans is raised for either, I'll just add a new lot in the subhood that "unlocks" a major. When my capitalist founders start their university, the only major available will be Economics. With every additional million they raise, they'll establish a new "college" ie unlock a new major. Once those run out, I'll move on to new dorms, or other lots. I'm pretty excited about this approach! I'm trying to think of something to do to have less actual business districts, too. I hate having so many sparse areas.

Also, I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on my plan for winning:

Final population of 125,
SM of 400 from:
1: Starting point
19: 90 community lots ([95/5]+1=19SM)
50: 10 business districts
5: Downtown
325: 65(!) 'universities.'

1+19+50+5+325=400, 400*125=50,000.

So all I have to do is get 10 business tycoons, start 80 more businesses (minus a few free lots from households), and rack up 65 million simoleans. Sounds doable, right? :lol:

Also, I need to read previous pages to see if this has been done already, but how do y'all record your data? I love seeing data visualizations, show me yours! Hehe here's a sample of mine:
Spoiler:
edit: I wrote this post at 3 AM and that was so apparent upon later review. :lol:
hello! :heartbeat:
simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I like that idea for the university! If I hadn't already played several kiddos through college I would use that! Maybe with my next (inevitable) BACC. :lol:

I have a spreadsheet on Google Drive that I use to track SM, population, number of community lots, as well as the names/owners of community lots, unlocked jobs, and the residents' stats. It's so helpful.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I just have a little document, with just a few notes about sm/pop/community lots (but not who owns it) NPC lots/college and funds, careers and burglaries and fires. At the end of each round I do a count up of aspirations, how many elders, adults, teenagers, children, toddlers and babies, males and females and just to make sure my numbers are correct. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

It's fun to learn about people's data tracking methods :')

Lol, update on that private uni: I ended up taking the family's 600k and investing it in a new car dealership on a 5x6 lot. I'm selling fancy CC cars there, so it looks really nice, and they're all super expensive. I've only filled half of the lot, and I ran out of money. :eek: It's fun, but so far I can't sell anything there without 4 dazzles first. :lol: I don't know if it's a coincidence, but the only townie it was easy to sell things to is the random elderly townie I have all of my Sims send their taxes to. :P
hello! :heartbeat:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I know this questions has probably been asked but I am not going through 30 pages to look for it. When a sim dies in B.A.C.C. do you take that death of your population count?
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

FunkyFresh
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by FunkyFresh »

peachy123uk wrote:I know this questions has probably been asked but I am not going through 30 pages to look for it. When a sim dies in B.A.C.C. do you take that death of your population count?
I keep counting them, I feel like I earned them. I do track them as 'graves' instead of 'Sims' though, so I can easily leave them out when I change my mind.
Completed challenges:
Spoiler:

simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Technically you're not supposed to count them in the population anymore since they are dead. They're no longer a playable sim, so they don't technically count towards the population. I adjust the pop. and then have a "graves" count so I know how many dead sims I have since the number of graves in my graveyard unlocks more Paranormal job slots.
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I will try that with my B.A.C.C. I just had the founder and the wife died, and someone else died but I shall see. Thanks
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I personally count the dead. It already takes forever a day to get to the end.

It also means that if I only like to play X households I don't have to have a bunch of meaningless businesses and multiple uni's and buisness districts on paper just to rack up to the 50K population mark. That if I decide my city is built up enough it will still eventually hit 50K.

I do however give myself the ability to have Sims move away (ie: stuck in Sim bin for eternity) - they have to quit their jobs and can't have school aged children. Those I do remove from the population. Decided I'm tired of forcing myself to play a Sim or house I didn't connect with. And don't necessarily want them just living with Sims I do care about.

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”