Crystal Valley: A 10-Year Celebration & Recreation!

harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Re: Crystal Valley: A 10-Year Celebration & Recreation!

Post by harmoniouspixels »

The Brown Family Home: 46 Farmhouse Way

Exterior, Front
Exterior, Back
Interior, 1st Floor
Interior, 2nd Floor
Creation Notes:
  • Although it doesn't feel like a "farmhouse" to me, it's a bit of traditional and modern farmhouses. Some of the bathrooms, and the wrap-around porch, are subtle nods to the older style. Other aspects that are more modern drew a bit of inspiration from Saturday morning Food Network shows like The Pioneer Woman and Trisha's Southern Kitchen.
  • Speaking of that wrap-around porch, this is the first time I've attempted one! I think it came out well for a first attempt, but it was a struggle to get it done. I'm happy I did it though! :)
  • Back in 2011 when I made this house, I gave the family their own pool. Yes, a pool. On a farmhouse. What can I say? The younger version of me was grasping at straws here. XD
Last edited by harmoniouspixels on July 23rd, 2022, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technology may try to kill TS2, but I'll be sure to bring it back.
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I think the house looks good, well done for the wrap around porch. The family look good too. I pretty at taking care of growing the veggies but the normal plants i forgot about.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

@peachy123uk: Thank you! I felt that about the plants tough. Veggies I watch like a hawk, but regular shrubs and flowers? Doesn't go over so well. :faint: It's why I hire a gardener if I can, or limit the number of plants I put on the lot.

I think I say it every time, but IRL is hectic rn! Looks like I'm coming back in time as Halloween 2021 is ramping up. With that said, let's take a look at the next family in Crystal Valley: the Rain Family!

Family Description:
At first glance, you wouldn't realize that Selena Rain is the caretaker of the local orphanage. It's not something she herself decided upon, but she does the best for the children there.
The caretaker, Selena Rain.
Selena Rain
  • Aspiration: Popularity
  • Secondary: N/A
  • LTW: Become Icon
  • Personality: Scorpio (6/5/8/3/3)
  • Turn Ons and Turn Offs: Black Hair, Logical; Fatness
  • Job: Caretaker of the SimCity Boy’s Orphanage – Crystal Valley Branch
  • Skills: 2/2/5/4/2/2/2
  • Bio: Selena didn't envision herself as caretaker of an orphanage, but it's where she ended up. Can she continue to juggle it with a busy social life?
Long-term resident, Ashton East.
Ashton East
  • Aspiration: Popularity
  • LTW: Become Mayor
  • Personality: Gemini (4/7/8/3/3)
  • Turn Ons and Turn Offs: Blonde Hair, Logical; Stink
  • Job: High School Student (Teen Job TBD)
  • Skills: 2/4/4/7/3/3/1
  • Bio: Ashton has been a mainstay at the orphanage for quite some time now. But with the addition of two new members, how will things shake out?
One of the newer residents, Skylar West.
Skylar West
  • Aspiration: Knowledge
  • LTW: Become (Medical) Chief of Staff
  • Personality: Cancer (6/3/6/4/6)
  • Turn Ons and Turn Offs: Brown Hair, Athletic; Stink
  • Job: High School Student (Teen Job TBD)
  • Skills: 4/2/2/2/6/2/3
  • Bio: Due to changes at SimCity Orphanage, Skylar was transferred out to the Crystal Valley branch. Although the adjustment is sure to be a bit of a shock, he's just happy that he can watch the stars more easily.
Lastly, the second newest resident and youngest, Leo North.
Leo North
  • Aspiration: Grow-Up (Future Family)
  • LTW: N/A
  • Personality: Pisces (4/3/7/3/7)
  • Job: Elementary School Student
  • Skills: 0/0/1/1/2/2/0
  • Bio: Leo is still confused and dismayed over his parent's untimely death. Will he be able to cope in the orphanage?
Creation Notes:
  • Mentioned way back in the first post, this was the family that is a call back to testing InTeen! And yes, this family looks vastly different from the original that's for sure. Pretty sure the originals were elves!
  • Here we have Leo! He's another sim who I downloaded from The Exchange way back when. Like Nathan, I can't remember if he had an actual name, or if Leo is the one I adopted for him. Leo was also packaged as a teen, and with another outfit (athletic wear).
  • Unlike the original version of Crystal Valley, I aged him down to child here to match Nathan. I didn't add Leo in the original, iirc, until Nathan and the Baker twins were teens.
  • A bit on Selena: She's someone who I envisioned got into a position as a "temporary thing," and then ended up sticking around! I'm trying to think of a slightly similar comparison for her, and Jack Black's character in School of Rock comes to mind. She's a new character to this recreation.
  • Ashton and Skylar, of course, are also new! I'm thinking they'll get together, but I'm still undecided.
  • And yes, I did use most of the cardinal directions in giving the teens the last names. I started with giving Ashton the surname of West, and then thought it would be funny to have the other characters follow suit! :rotfl:
  • Selena didn't get the same last name treatment, but I think Rain works for her.
Last edited by harmoniouspixels on July 23rd, 2022, 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr
harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

The Rain (Orphanage) Family Home: 67 Secluded Street
Exterior, Front
Exterior, Rear (Recreation Area and Courtyard)
Interior, 1st Floor, West Wing (Kitchen and Restrooms)
Interior, 1st Floor, East Wing (Administrative Offices)
Interior, 2nd Floor, West Wing (Boy's Dorm and Restrooms)
Interior, 2nd Floor, East Wing (Caretaker's Room and Bathroom, Study Room)
Creation Notes:
  • One of my more ambitious lots! I really love how this one turned out. Save for the roofing, which I could not for the life of me get level. (Grumble, grumble...)
  • So where the caretaker's room is? It would have been a girls dorm room! Boys would've been on the west, girls on the east for the floor. I scrapped it once I realized Selena needed a place to sleep!
  • Looking back, I suppose I could've kept the girls dorm and then put Selena on a potential 3rd floor. Whoopsies. :duh:
  • I guess the story justification I thought of was that adoption rates are relatively high, so they need fewer locations (which is also why Skylar is at this branch). Other locations either were completely closed and sold, or temporarily converted into recreation centers that could be shifted back if needed.
Last edited by harmoniouspixels on July 23rd, 2022, 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Very pretty sims, and the house looks good too.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

@peachy123uk: Thank you! I think this was one of my more favorite houses/households to make. Lots of creativity here! :plumbob2:

@nooboostar: Thank you, too! I tried to center the houses on the families and their personalities, so it's good to hear that it came across. ^^

Between IRL stuff and participating a bit in this year's Halloween, we're a few weeks out from an update! Which is a shame, considering how I'm nearing the end. Today's post is short, since I'm only sharing one! The Rogue Family is up next, but their lot is an EA premade, Haute Habitation from the Family Fun Stuff Pack. I did some minor renovations, which were mostly swapping out interior paints and objects.

Family Description:
The Rouge's have it all: a good reputation, a loving marriage, and a happy son. They're looking to expand their family soon, thanks to a new program they heard about, but will it conflict with Tanesha's "secret" assignment?
One of the family matriarchs, Tanesha.
Tanesha Rouge
  • Aspiration: Knowledge
  • LTW: Max Out 7 Skills
  • Personality: Aries (5/8/6/3/3)
  • Turn Ons and Turn Offs: Brown Hair, Athletic; Stink
  • Job: Intelligence Career (Surveillance Operator)
  • Skills: 4/2/2/3/5/2/4
  • Bio: Officially, Tanesha relocated her family out here due to an "assignment change" at work, where she needed to take a new position. However, she moved because her employer, the SCIA, needed her out here in Crystal Valley. Are things truly off? Or are they just fine? Tanesha's job is to find out.
Our other matriarch, Winona.
Winona Rouge
  • Aspiration: Fortune
  • LTW: Become Business Tycoon
  • Turn Ons and Turn Offs: Black Hair, Charismatic; Cologne
  • Job: Business (Field Sales Representative)
  • Skills: 3/2/5/2/3/4/2
  • Bio: Winona doesn't see /why/ Tanesha's job moved them out here, but if it's good for the family, she's fine with it. Maybe coming out to more of the "country" will help Winona with her own career...
Lastly, their son, Wolf.
Wolf Rouge
  • Aspiration: Grow-Up
  • Job: Elementary School Student
  • Skills: 0/0/2/0/2/3/0
  • Bio: Wolf was upset having to leave his friends in his old town, but he's hoping that the new town means he can have new friends!
Creation Notes:
  • Back in 2011/2012, I made this family with a friend. We didn't have much of a story for these two, other than they were lesbians and and an adoptive son. I'm pretty sure Tanesha was in Business, but I believe when we did give a litte more backstory to them, she became a secret agent.
  • Since the Rizzo's were made first, these two did follow the blueprint established by them: gay couple with an adopted kid, move to the valley, hear about the same sex pregnancy program... it was a decently used trope in this neighborhood the two families.
  • The child that Tanesha and Winona had back then from the pregnancy was another boy. I forgot his name, but he and Wolf didn't share a room. One was just built on.
  • Wolf, similar to Alice, was a younger character in the 'hood that, unfortunately, didn't get a lot of development back then. I'll try to fix that this time around!
  • This is the first household of Crystal Valley to be in a pre-made house off the bat! Of the eight households, the Rouge family is one of two who for the first generation (the parents and when the children were under the adult lifestage) to not live in a custom built house. The other household is the Thompson family, who will be discussed shortly.
Short and sweet, but hopefully getting back on-track! The plan is to, hopefully, talk about the residential Pine Road lots before moving onto Main Street. I'll eventually wrap up this thread with the aforementioned Thompson family when we get there.
Last edited by harmoniouspixels on July 23rd, 2022, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Can you shows us pics of your pre-made house, I like to look how people decorate the pre-mades. Lovely couple and child too.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

@peachy123uk: Sure! I'll treat this post like the others before in (such as the formatting of the lot after a family intro). This will serve as a nice little interlude before moving on!

The Rouge Family Home: 35 Pine Road (Modified Haute Habitation)

Exterior
Interior, 1st Floor, Walls Up
Interior, 1st Floor, Walls Cutaway
Interior, 2nd Floor, Walls Up
Interior, 2nd Floor, Walls Cutaway
Creation Notes:
  • I did my best to show off everything! Not too much was changed, but it was tricky to try and show off the majority of the wall decorations. Some didn't make the shots, but it's only one or two.
  • The rear exterior didn't have any modifications to it. Yet. If I follow the path I did ten years ago, then they'll have another room off the back of the first floor for their second child.
  • That said, the only changes to the front are a driveway and car!
  • On the whole, I do like this house. Very minimal layout changes from the default, but what was changed the most was the interior in terms of decor as mentioned.
Last edited by harmoniouspixels on July 23rd, 2022, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

thank you, very nicely decorated. Yeah it is hard to see the wall deco sometimes when showing a house.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

@peachy123uk: You're welcome! It's a cute little house, and I think my decor helped spruce it up a little.

Hello again everyone! Life naturally got a little busy, I got swept up in the Halloween events... and have completely forgot to update on Crystal Valley! We're in the home stretch, which is incredibly weird to think about. I started this recreation project back in May of this year, finished it in August, and then started posting it right as August was giving way to September. I didn't think it would be a slow process, but hey, I'm happy with it.

With that said, I'm going to ease us all back in and look at Pine Road (+Cottage Street)! This is a very awkward crop, but I couldn't get it any other way for now. This is due to how I took the neighborhood view (from an angle), and my own laziness to not get back in-game just yet. :rotfl: Regardless, this post is going to be largely credits, seeing as I downloaded lots or used premade ones to fill out the road. Aside from lots already showcased (businesses and the Rouge home), none of these houses/community lots have been altered.

Credits read from top left of the image to the bottom right!

Pine Road Lots:
  • CV Bank and Trust: Built by me, detailed in an earlier post
  • Crystal Park: Built by me, detailed in an earlier post
  • Park n' Go: Downloaded lot, creator unknown at the moment, mentioned in an earlier post
  • Meals by Lopez: Built by me, detailed in an earlier post
  • 35 Pine Road: Haute Habitaction - SP1 House
  • 36 Pine Road: Hillview Sun - mir-sims (Tumblr)
  • 41 Pine Road: Minty Green Abode - Sharpie0 (MTS)
  • 42 Pine Road: Hearty Home - EP5 House
  • 43 Pine Road: audreysims family estate - audreysims14 (Tumblr, linked on previous post)
  • 44 Pine Road: Visionary Villa - SP1 House
  • 47 Pine Road: The Cottage - Creator unknown at the moment
  • 48 Pine Road: 01 Plymouth St. - dadeux029 (MTS)
Cottage Street Lots: Creation Notes:
  • Lots of custom and prebuilt lots! This was how the 2011 version of the street looked (albeit with some different lots), but I kept the concept the same. The EA lots, I can say with certainty, are the same as they were a decade ago.
  • Cottage Street has just the apartment lot! I will say this does have a minor change, and that's the inclusion of the brick wall. I wanted to give a smidge of realism with the wall as a function of both privacy and noise reduction, given its location.
  • I do apologize for the slight gaps in creator credits! There's always that one piece of CC that you forget the creator, the link vanishes off the face of the Internet, or both! Like Park n' Go, if I can remember who made it, I'll update that with the proper credit.
Also coming onto this thread, I took a peek at the view count. Over 2,700 views! :oops: My goal in sharing this was to show off a passion project, and it means a lot to see that there's a decent following of people on this! Thank you all so much! :heart:

Next time, I'm going to take us down Main Street! It'll be more credits, but there's also a few builds of mine in there (a clothing store and a grocery store). Stay tuned! :coffee:
Last edited by harmoniouspixels on July 23rd, 2022, 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

It is nice to see that a few people are reading your posts :). Putting links for housing (I love looking at lots) is not good for me lol. I could download so many. Must behave.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

@Peachy: I can understand! I used to download a lot of lots back in the day. I've reigned myself in, but also because most of the lots haven't survived the couple of transfers between devices! :duh:

Making my way back in here, realizing why I've procrastinated updates and feeling a bit sad... This we're coming up to the final posts of Crystal Valley! :cry: Before I cover the final family and their house, I want to go over the last sets of districts: Main Street and Oceanside Court. Any EA lots mentioned here are, as of this writing, unmodified from their vanilla states in the housing bin.
Main Street Lots:
  • Rapid Racers Roller Rink - EP5 Community lot
  • H&M SimCity - SP6 Lot
  • 10 Main Street (Uplifting Loft) - SP3 House
  • Crystal Tailors - Built by me, details below!
  • Rec Center - salamisimmer (DW)
  • Chain Restaurant - Peni Griffin (MTS)
  • Crystal Valley Grocer - Built by me, details below!
  • 12 Main Street, European Townhouse - A Lot Bin Makeover (Thompson Family Home) - Justpetro (MTS)
  • 11 Main Street (39 City Ave.) - Creator unknown at the moment
Oceanside Court Lots: Now onto the handmade community lots! Only two in this section.

Crystal Tailors

Looking for local clothes? Stop by Crystal Tailors! Great styles at affordable prices.
Crystal Tailors, Exterior
Crystal Tailors, Interior

Crystal Valley Grocer

Highest quality produce, meat, and dairy from the fields of Crystal Valley, right to your plate! Low prices! Check the newspaper for the latest sale flyer.
Crystal Valley Grocer, Exterior
Crystal Valley Grocer, Interior
Creation Notes:
  • Look, I'm a sucker for a good downtown/main street area. I wanted to emulate that, and since Crystal Valley proper is a bit of a smaller town, this makes sense.
  • As with the other community lots built my me, yes, the custom parking spaces are wrong. I still need to correct these at some point.
  • The tailor I enjoy, but it's a bit... cramped? I really wanted the displays to look like that with the elevated foundations, so some sacrifices were made.
  • Crystal Valley Grocer is... passable. It's a grocery store, so it's not meant to be flashy, but man is it boxy. I tried my best to break it up with that café section, but it's still a bit boring. But hey, boring is okay!
  • Oceanside Court being the European Townhouse lots just. Kind of happened? I could see them being condos that are used for vacationers.
  • You can see it off to the edge, but I put down some construction 'hood deco! The plan is to eventually place more homes there, and I felt that it would be a touch more realistic to have that set down in the meantime.
Now that I've written the whole post out, I think my next one will be the last! :oops: Or at least, second to last, if I show off the Thompson family home a touch more. Not many changes were made, but I would be willing to show it off!
Last edited by harmoniouspixels on July 23rd, 2022, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

When i first got sims 2 i didn't know you could move walls or really build houses. I didn't like the look or style of the orginal sims 2 house. No that i know i can change everything around. There are not to bad now. But i am trying to build my own houses. when i feel in the mood. But your community lots are better than mine :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

@Peachy: Thank you! :D Also I completely understand... sometimes we all have that moment of not knowing what to do in-game! I'm glad to hear you're taking a stab at making your own houses now.

Long time, no post, BoolProp! IRL does get a touch more busy in that period following Thanksgiving into the holidays. With a brief free moment, I want to post about the last Crystal Valley family before 2021 is up! (Procrastination is a helluva drug. >_>)

Our last family is the Thompson family!

Family Description:

The Thompson's claim that they're the image of "perfection," but does that claim really hold up? The facade is crumbling, but Crystal Valley is going to be the catalyst for the end.

We'll start off first with the patriarch, Patrick.
Tyler Thompson
•Aspiration: Romance
•Secondary: N/A
•LTW: Become Hall of Famer
•Personality: Aquarius (4/4/4/7/6)
•Turn Ons and Turn Offs: Blonde Hair, Creativity; Fatness
•Job: Slacker (Gas Station Attendant)
•Skills: 2/2/3/3/2/4/2
•Bio: Tyler could care less about Crystal Valley. He's mostly here because Annabelle told him to be.

Next up is the matriarch, Annabelle.
Annabelle Thompson
•Aspiration: Family
•Secondary: N/A
•LTW: Become Captain Hero
•Personality: Cancer (6/3/6/4/6)
•Turn Ons and Turn Offs: Fitness, Brown Hair; Fatness
•Job: Law Enforcement (Cadet)
•Skills: 4/2/2/2/3/2/5
•Bio: Annabelle just KNOWS that Crystal Valley is going to be perfect for her and her family. But is that really true?

Last but not least, their daughter Samantha!

Samantha Thompson
• Aspiration: Grow-Up
• Personality:
• Job: N/A (Toddler)
• Skills: 0/0/0/0/0/0/0
• Bio: (To be added! :fisty:)

Creation Notes:
  • This family is also one that changed since the 2011 version! They were more of an ordinary, "picture perfect" type of family. I decided for the remake that I should have it be a bit ~different~ in that two completely opposite people got together and had a family. Better as friends, not so great as lovers perhaps?
  • Their house is unmodified, save for two slight changes I didn't feel the need to photograph: I added curtains on the windows and I gave them a car in the garage (a purple Yomoshoto Evasion).
  • Although, yes, the story set up here is an affair by Tyler... I don't actually have a sim to fulfill that role! Maybe I'll make one? Maybe it'll be a townie? That's to be decided!
  • Also I completely dropped the ball and forgot Samantha's bio as of the initial writing! I know I gave her one (as you all may have noticed, every sim got their own custom bio in this 'hood), but I just. Forgot to add it to my notes? I only noticed while writing this, and it's a happy coincidence I'm going to be in-game tonight! I'll make sure to add it in ASAP.
And with that, this is the end of the Crystal Valley updates! :cry:

...Well, sort of. As alluded to in that last bullet point, I've been playing the 'hood! I may or may not share further updates on this, but that's something to be decided at a later date. I'll still be around BoolProp like usual! I just need some time to figure out what I'm going to share next. Maybe another legacy :hmm: ... that by having a new audience I'd actually finish? :rotfl:

Thank you all for letting me share this with you! I'm humbled that, as of this post's writing, this topic has garnered almost 16,500 views! Whether they were legit or bots, it still is amazing to see that people were interested enough to come back to check for updates on this little passion project of mine. :oops:

Here's to more simming in 2022! :toast:
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

I would like to see the sims from this hood in updates. Even if just one picture with a little bit of writing/or highlights of each family. As now we have got to know them, I want to know more.

Still trying to create my own houses but overly clever but getting the hang of things with roofs and stuff.

and happy new year to you too. :toast:
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

harmoniouspixels
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

@Peachy: I think that's what I'm going to do! I've been very picture-lite with the rounds so far, and I've been enjoying playing that way a lot more recently. I'm thinking of making a separate thread for them, and having different summaries for each round per family. I'll keep thinking on it, but that's the option I'm leaning towards!
Sims Socials!
Dreamwidth | Simblr

Return to “Sims 2 Photo Sharing”