Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Lauren

Re: Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Post by Lauren »

Thanks Ally. I"m sorry. I didn't mean for it to be a pain in the neck. I'm totally new to this new moderation system. :D Anyways I've played the game for several hours with not real issues. So for me it works just fine on windows eight. I hope other 8 users have the same experience.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

I just got the internet back, and now I am working on downloading this thing. I am so excited!! :celebration:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I think I deleted my Origin account when I got rid of Sims 3, my laptop never had it installed so I couldn't get it if I wanted to.
Olive Specter

Post by Olive Specter »

Ani-Mei wrote:I think I deleted my Origin account when I got rid of Sims 3, my laptop never had it installed so I couldn't get it if I wanted to.
That's not true, don't worry.

If you no longer have Origin on your computer, you can download it for free from EA's site. If you deleted your old account, you can just create a new one (creating accounts is free).

Did you specifically delete your account or did you simply uninstall Origin? Unless you deleted your account, you can just use your previous log-in again. It's independent from your computer, I believe, so even if you were changing computers and having to install Origin from scratch, you could log-in with the same account.
:woot:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

So your Origin account would still exist. If you wanted the TS2 collection, you could reinstall Origin and then use the code for the free download.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Yeah that requires work and effort and downloading 12.56 gigs of stuff that I will be yelled at for by my dad so no UC for me.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Yeah I can understand that.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

If I am really motivated I can use my boyfriend's internet next weekend, no limits there. :woot:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Ani-Mei wrote:If I am really motivated I can use my boyfriend's internet next weekend, no limits there. :woot:
So you will need to work on the motivation :yes:
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

UC actually fixed some glitches in my game so *crosses fingers* for you Ani-Mei :D.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Ani-Mei wrote:If I am really motivated I can use my boyfriend's internet next weekend, no limits there. :woot:
Unfortunately the giveaway ended Thursday, so the code is no longer valid. :( The game can still be downloaded and installed, from what I understand, but the game code can no longer be redeemed and added to your account.
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Joining in a little late guys, but I have a questions. There are mods like radiance mod, scriptorium and clothing migration by Phaenoh that requires us to go into the game's installation folder to modify files. Can I still do this with the ultimate collection? This scares me because I have all the EPs/SPs and if I'm uninstalling it to get the Ultimate Collection, then I hope there isn't any problem with it.

I guess my question is, will I be able to go into the game folder and modify the required EP/SP files depending on the mod?
ImageImage
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I guess my question is, will I be able to go into the game folder and modify the required EP/SP files depending on the mod?
You should be able to! Can't verify it for those particular mods, but I use spookymuffin's lighting mod and was able to install it for TS2UC just fine. I believe the only difference is that the folder is now located in Program Files (x86)/Origin Games instead of EA Games, and if you need to alter base game files they'll be under Double Deluxe.
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

I've had no issues so far with TS2UC and modifying game files - and I use Scriptorium too. Plus I had to tweak the exe, graphic rules and other fun stuff to make the games work better...oh yeah, and empty templates! So I've done a fair bit of messing around in there lol.
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Simsimity wrote:I've had no issues so far with TS2UC and modifying game files - and I use Scriptorium too. Plus I had to tweak the exe, graphic rules and other fun stuff to make the games work better...oh yeah, and empty templates! So I've done a fair bit of messing around in there lol.
that's good to know. Thanks. I do the same thing to my games and everytime I had to reinstall, i spent hours trying to set everything up so I'm pretty reluctant to try do it all over again.
ImageImage
Simsimity

Post Counts

Post by Simsimity »

Wanted to post something I just found out today - don't use registry cleaners with the Sims 2 UC! I'm not sure about the rest of them, but I personally use CCleaner and regularly clean out my registry with it - and neither BodyShop or S2UC would open after I did that. I actually thought it was the defrag I had done maybe moving something, so spent hours trying to figure it out...when all I had to do was a simple restore of my registry! The registry clean didn't even cross my mind as the issue, since I've done it so many times without a problem. So I wouldn't recommend doing so without knowing the EXACT registry values called on by Origin/S2UC - and I don't.

Good thing I always back up my registry before making changes. :duh:
Call me Jenn/Rai, I answer to both!

Proudmoore Sims Downloads
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Simsimity wrote:Wanted to post something I just found out today - don't use registry cleaners with the Sims 2 UC! I'm not sure about the rest of them, but I personally use CCleaner and regularly clean out my registry with it - and neither BodyShop or S2UC would open after I did that. I actually thought it was the defrag I had done maybe moving something, so spent hours trying to figure it out...when all I had to do was a simple restore of my registry! The registry clean didn't even cross my mind as the issue, since I've done it so many times without a problem. So I wouldn't recommend doing so without knowing the EXACT registry values called on by Origin/S2UC - and I don't.

Good thing I always back up my registry before making changes. :duh:
haha. since I use ccleaner and such, i think i'll stick with what i isntalled, lol.
ImageImage

Return to “Sims 2 Chat”