Simmers on LiveJournal?

Find an awesome new sims fansite? Share it with everyone! All sims games welcome here!
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Simmers on LiveJournal?

Post by Nevermore »

Not sure where to post this, so here seems right. If not, Mods, could you move it to the right place, please? ^^

So, I'm fairly new to livejournal, and only used it in the last couple of months to post my sims stuff. I searched for communities on there, about simming, challenges, etc. I can't find any, so I thought I might start one.

Is anyone interested in being apart of it if I did?

If I do start one, is anyone interested in running it with me? ^^

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Simmers on LiveJournal?

Post by Ani-Mei »

I have been on there for like 10 years or so now, all the simming communities seem to have left LJ or gone somewhere else because I can't find them anymore either. I do have a community group where we were supposed to post our Sims 2 Round Robin stories so everyone could find them but it seems to have been forgotten or not updated in years. I just use LJ to post my challenges when I do get around to writing them but I haven't updated in months either. Guess my muse is gone on an extended vacation or something.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

I would love to join a community on LJ. I really only use my LJ for my Baby Boomers challenge, but it would be nice to have a community of people to share my chapters with (other than posting here).
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

Ani-Mei wrote:I have been on there for like 10 years or so now, all the simming communities seem to have left LJ or gone somewhere else because I can't find them anymore either. I do have a community group where we were supposed to post our Sims 2 Round Robin stories so everyone could find them but it seems to have been forgotten or not updated in years. I just use LJ to post my challenges when I do get around to writing them but I haven't updated in months either. Guess my muse is gone on an extended vacation or something.
Yeah, I had trouble finding them. Most of them were just for Sims 2. In the one I intend to make, it will be for 2, 3 and 4. If you do go back to challenges and stuff again, I hope you check it out!
simsterlyrock wrote:I would love to join a community on LJ. I really only use my LJ for my Baby Boomers challenge, but it would be nice to have a community of people to share my chapters with (other than posting here).
That's great! I just added you as a friend. I'm owlofnevermore. When I start it, hopefully that should give out an alert or something. ^^

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Ani-Mei wrote:all the simming communities seem to have left LJ or gone somewhere else because I can't find them anymore either
Most have moved to Dreamwidth & Tumblr. There was some sort of scandal with Livejournal that made everyone jump ship, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was
Bexx87
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Bexx87 »

http://bexxgrant.livejournal.com/ - Mine but I am thinking for creating a new one called Simapopulas rather than my name
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY SIMAPOPULASf
I am back from the underground of MH
Proud owner of
Custom Blog Website: http://www.simapopulas.co.uk
ciyrose
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: ciyrose
Origin ID: ciyrose
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by ciyrose »

I missed this way back when, but I have a LJ too where I post all my Breeze Points updates. I don't know what scandals or anything caused everyone to leave, I mostly just use it for that one blog, but I like a lot of stuff about it and find it easier sometimes to post things there. My blog in the 'Breeze Point' link in my siggy and I'm ciyrose there too. :D

ACTIVE CHALLENGES
ImageImage
Image Image
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I've got one. I don't use it, but I've got one.

I'd likely only use to make fake cuts to my actual stories when I post updates.

I'd join in.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Sam wrote:Most have moved to Dreamwidth & Tumblr. There was some sort of scandal with Livejournal that made everyone jump ship, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was
Yeah, it was that all of the sudden LJ's TOU was full of Russian law. Which is, for instance, not very LGBT+ friendly to say the least. That's why a lot of simmers abandoned ship. I did too, I didn't feel comfortable anymore, seeing that some of my sims are LGBT+ and I might share something about myself on my blog too. That's why I'm on Dreamwidth these days instead.

Return to “Fan-Sites”