Choppy Movments?

KatieCat

Choppy Movments?

Post by KatieCat »

Hi all! So recently I decided to play sims, as you do, and I noticed that whenever I moved the camera around the movements were very choppy. I play the Super Collection on a late 2014 Macbook Pro and I've never had problems with it! I haven't downloaded any CC recently, and play with hardly any of it. I also used to be able to play Sims 3 on this computer but had to stop a while ago due to the graphics messing up. I was wondering if there is anyway I can update the graphics on my computer to help solve this problem? Both of these games have worked very smoothly on my computer before so I know it can do it!
Oh, Baby! A WYDC
Thanks Nicola for the set!
cowplant

Post Counts

Re: Choppy Movments?

Post by cowplant »

Did you have any other programs running during your simming session?
And were only the sims animations choppy or the whole game?
~ Winner of the Golden Plumbbobs in the categories of ~
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Find me on:
[Tumblr] ~ [Twitch] ~ [Wordpress] ~ [Youtube]
[The Viridi (Video) Chronicles]
My little lazy legacy
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

You might want to check how much free memory you have left, too. I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac, but if you google it, there should be guides if you don't already know how. My old computer got really full and then started having problems running 2 and 3, so that could be related. Also what cowplant said. Finally, if you are playing with the UC, and the problems have only been since you installed that, the graphics settings may need to be fiddled with. On a Windows PC, you can use Graphic Rules Maker, but I don't think it's for Macs, but there may be something else or possibly you can do it manually. I also don't play Sims 3 really, so I can't speak to those problems as much. Do let us know a bit more about what's happening and what's going on when it's happening, though. :)
KatieCat

Post by KatieCat »

A quick restart to the computer helped. :P But I'll be sure to check the graphics setting as well! I'm sure this problem will happen again soon.
Oh, Baby! A WYDC
Thanks Nicola for the set!

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”