Issue moving neighborhood to new computer - no show 'hood!

Miss Miserie
Steam ID: Candivase
Origin ID: ZombiePlanet
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Issue moving neighborhood to new computer - no show 'hood!

Post by Miss Miserie »

Ok so I finally got around to attempting to move my old sims 2 neighborhoods to my new computer, and a long story short, I ended up having to have a guy get the files out of the old harddrive because the back ups I made vanished and my old computer was so fried that I couldn't do anything with it. However, he was able to save all my files from that computer and that included all my files from 2, including the old neighborhoods. Or at least I believe so. Nothing looks out of place.

However I have moved the files from N004 to the neighborhoods files in my computer here and they do not show up on the main menu when I go to pick a neighborhood. I've tried a couple of fixes and they don't show. I don't know what I'm missing or doing wrong, and if anyone has an idea of what I could be doing incorrectly, what do you think it could be?

I tried HoodChecker and it was able to check the files and everything with minimal, so I assume its not that far gone. Oh and it's to the Sims Ultimate Collection. Which I'm sure helps :roll:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Issue moving neighborhood to new computer - no show 'hoo

Post by Ani-Mei »

You have to make a new folder with the N004 file name, if you're trying to transplant older files from a previous N004 folder into the same one already existing in there, it won't read it. Copy the entire old folder, and put it in the Neighbourhoods one. If it's Windows 10 it has compatibility issues with Sims 2, it's too old of a game for Windows 10 to read properly without some back flips.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Try this, if you aren't able to get the entire Neighborhoods folder.

1. Put your actual N004 onto your desktop or some other location. Your back up location will work. Delete N004 from the Neighborhoods folder
2. Go into the game and make a new N004.
3. Close the game. Relaunch it. Does this N004 show up?

If yes, move on.

4. Delete N004 from Neighborhoods folder. DO NOT LAUNCH THE GAME
5. Put your N004 back in.
6. Launch the game and see if the neighborhood is there and will load.
Miss Miserie
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Miss Miserie »

Ani-Mei wrote:You have to make a new folder with the N004 file name, if you're trying to transplant older files from a previous N004 folder into the same one already existing in there, it won't read it. Copy the entire old folder, and put it in the Neighbourhoods one. If it's Windows 10 it has compatibility issues with Sims 2, it's too old of a game for Windows 10 to read properly without some back flips.
I tried that, still can't recognize it's in there. And yeah it's a 10, but it hadn't given me any trouble with running the game itself. It accepted all my mods as well. It's just the neighborhood.

I also attempted to try to get it to run on my laptop, which is a Windows 7. Took forever to turn the game on, as it's old and crusty, but it also didn't recognize these files.
Miss Miserie
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Miss Miserie »

Seera wrote:Try this, if you aren't able to get the entire Neighborhoods folder.

1. Put your actual N004 onto your desktop or some other location. Your back up location will work. Delete N004 from the Neighborhoods folder
2. Go into the game and make a new N004.
3. Close the game. Relaunch it. Does this N004 show up?

If yes, move on.

4. Delete N004 from Neighborhoods folder. DO NOT LAUNCH THE GAME
5. Put your N004 back in.
6. Launch the game and see if the neighborhood is there and will load.
A good attempt, but that didn't do anything either. The second I replaced the files it poofed again.
Miss Miserie
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Miss Miserie »

I took a break from it because it was driving me nuts but I just thought of something.

Does anyone think that maybe because its coming from a computer that ran Double Deluxe and I'm trying to put it in an Ultimate Edition version could be causing an issue? I think I read somewhere that it shouldn't but what if it does? :shrug:

Return to “Sims 2 Help!”