May/June/July Newsletter

Forum news, updates, and random information will be posted here.

Are you a fan of Bella Goth?

Yes! Definitely!
32%
Meh.
27%
Not really.
18%
I used to love her but her story has been retold so much...
23%
I prefer Circe Beaker.
No votes

Total votes : 22

May/June/July Newsletter

Postby singinghymns » June 27th, 2016, 11:38 am

General Announcements

Welcome to the Newsletter for Boolprop! We will be coming out with this on the fifth of each month, for the purpose of highlighting what has gone on throughout the month. Rosanna will have a recap of the events that have taken place, what is taking place currently, and what events are coming up! Thai will give an account of our scoreboard on the games and I will be listing all the monthly birthdays and holidays! Newly added is the House Stats brought to you by Abby!

I would like to take this space to say a huge thank you to all the mods and the members of Boolprop who have had me in their thoughts and prayers these past couple of months. I have been rather sickly and am just now getting back to my old self again! Thanks for your patience as the newsletter gets back on track and let's make it a great summer!

And look for the polls each month! They will be fun!

Where is the time going? It is already July!!!!

In April's poll, we asked Where would you rather live? Isla Paradiso was the hands down favorite with 41% of the votes, with a tie going between Magic Town and Strangetown at 21% each, and poor Willow Creek coming in last with only 18% of the votes. So we now know that we would prefer to live by the beach, so I want to make this edition a bit beachy!

COMING IN JULY

WE WILL BE STARTING A FEATURE OF A FICTIONAL STORY OR POEM FOR FUTURE NEWSLETTERS! START THOSE CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING AND LOOK FOR THE POST FOR SUBMISSIONS!!!

There have been requests to provide a donation option along with opening a Boolprop store. We now offer a way to make a donation through PayPal – the Donate link is in the top right menu. We are also working on setting up a Boolprop store on CafePress. You can find many items available there now, using the link in the top menu bar. There is a medal available for supporting Boolprop. If you make a donation or purchase from the store, please PM Teresa with the information. Once the donation or order has been confirmed, you will get a medal.

And as always, please keep promoting Boolprop and thanks for being a wonderful community.
singinghymns
Team Moderator
Team Moderator

Medals: 23
Sims 4 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Story of the Month 2019 (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1)
2018 Bouble Bingo (1) 2018 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) The Immortal Teenager (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)
A Field of Red Poppies (1) Singing in the Rain (1) USA - Texas (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1)

Re: May/June/July Newsletter

Postby Rosanna » June 27th, 2016, 11:39 am

Hey all, thanks for reading! Here's just a quick recap of what events have happened, are happening, and will happen! #happenin

Just Ended:

Current/Upcoming

• Wave Your Flag is still going on, if you want to get a snazzy flag medal!
  • BoolProp Chef will have a new round up soon
  • Let's Build It has a new wedding round
  • And lastly, our team events! This is an ongoing event where you're put into teams and you get points for participating events, reaching post milestones, doing sims challenges, etc. You can sign up at any point and be added to a team.
  • And...be on the lookout for season 11 of a certain sims modeling competition!
Rosanna
Palmers minion
Site Admin

Medals: 43
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) The Rosanna Award (1) Sims 2 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Who's Your Daddy? (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 12 Participant (1)
Boolprop Chef (1) 2014 Screenshot Event (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) Let's Build It Participation (1) Halloween Candy (1) Halloween Zombie (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1)
2015 Christmas Gift Exchange (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 2016 Halloween (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Party Hat (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1)
Secret (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) I Supported Boolprop! (1) Creator's Creations (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Drinks on the House (1) Goldfish are Tasty (1) I Scream for Ice Cream (1)
A Field of Red Poppies (1) Ice Cream Float (1) Hey Cupcake (1) USA - Massachusetts (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1) 1,000 Posts (1)

Postby Thaitanic » June 27th, 2016, 11:40 am

Games Scoreboard
In the light of the 4th July: "No taxation without representation!", well we don't tax the Games forum, but here's your representation anyway.

* The new V4 thread of Up or Down is off on a run. And by that I mean, the Uppers are running away and the Downers are taking over. 236 is the last count, and it seems the Downers have this one in the bag. Pony is the most recent Upper post in the thread as of this reporting, but any Upper or Downer knows we can't make movements on our own - so is it a Downer victory? :O
* 10,000 posts without any kind of lock is getting dramatically closer to the 5000 reply mark - "Are we there yet?" no, but we're not far off! It's only taken us what, 2 years?
* For the weird and the wonderful, go to the Duck, Duck Goose thread. Benefit from such things as adventures in sisterhood:
Keika wrote:QUACK!

WistfulRose wrote:Honk! You've been goosed!

Make an epic sister mafia banner. With sunglasses, because we are epic.
Penguins are always appreciated.

GustDragon wrote:PSHK! I could have done that! Seeing as I'm the sister with photoshop and illustrator, and skills in both!
; and
modelmgt wrote:Glitter-berries & Sparkle-sunshine!

What more could you ask for?

Anything else you're after updates on in the Games section? Shoot us a PM! :plumbob:
call me Thai!
Image Image
tumblr
Thaitanic
oh no! an iceberg!
Global Moderator

Medals: 28
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2018 (1) Apocalypse Challenge (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 12 Participant (1) 2014 Housewarming Gift Xchange (1) 2017 Egg Hunt (1)
2017 Golden Egg (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events (1) 2017 Halloween Events - Cat (1) 2017 Pumpkin Hunt - Gold (1) 2017 Xmas Events (1) 2018 Valentine Events (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 12th Birthday Event (1)
Pin the Plumbob (1) Happy Birthday (1) Artwork (1) Teresa's Troll (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Pride (1) Thailand (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1)
1,000 Posts (1)
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030

Postby singinghymns » June 27th, 2016, 12:46 pm

May Birthdays:

Spoiler:
May 2nd:
Simsimity

May 4th:
segedey

May 10th:
CHBlossomProduction

May 11th:
Pastel

May 12th:
MAKPlays
lilox12
Emily

May 15th:
SimAddicted13

May 18th:
Rhea

May 19th:
simfulicious
Erin

May 20th:
xonceinadream

May 21st:
Little White Comet

May 22nd:
Bree

May 26th:
nicholaplaysthesims
Olivia

May 27th:
kgcowbelle

May 28th:
platformperil

May 29th:
Rosanna

May 31st:
ShadowGem

June Birthdays:

Spoiler:
June 1st:
sarahthesimmer

June 2nd:
bunyip92
Nanners

June 3rd:
Repo

June 12th:
KimiKatastrophe
youdeserveher

June 13th:
Sporks

June 14th:
simmlish_22

June 15th:
jcampbell
Jadestone

June 16th:
PastelSimmer

June 20th:
Kelyns
arabella_

June 21st:
AliceAsylum

June 22nd:
BadWolfGirl

June 24th:
BlueBerryPie

June 29th:
GustDragon
KatieCat
Shortstop
snowberry

July Birthdays:

Spoiler:
July 1st:
AberdeenSquare

July 2nd:
Candi0207

July 4th:
Kimmifer
tayblu

July 5th:
CK Silly Pants
CatTonic
nyctores

July 8th:
Laserkatt
Matt
Hollywood3015

July 9th:
anacsilva

July 11th:
goeswithoutsinging

July 12th:
NoSoEvilPepsi

July 14th:
Iya

July 19th:
Setopuffs

July 22nd:
Bokavoy
TwistedSister

July 23rd:
CathyTea
Pony

July 27th:
tyralily

July 29th:
DSLady

Summer Holidays

I have tried to keep the holidays section lighthearted and fun, but our community represents people from all over the world, and I know that there are holidays that are special that don't get included. So feel free to leave a comment below, telling us about a holiday that is coming up for you and how you are going to observe that holiday. Or tell us about a holiday that has just recently gone by in the month of May or June, and share your experiences here with us to enjoy!

Here in the good ol US of A, we celebrated Memorial Day on May 30th, a day to remember those who have given their lives for the protection and security of our country. If your country has a day to remember those who have fallen in service of your country, please leave a comment and tell us about the holiday and how you observe it!

On July 4th, we will celebrate our Independence day. This is the day the USA declared that we are a country unto ourselves, to be governed by our own. Americans celebrate this with picnics, outdoor BBQ's, parties, lake time, and hanging out with family and friends. If you have a similar holiday, please give us details in the comments!

And coming up on September 5th, we celebrate Labor Day, a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of our country.

Two other special days that have been celebrated are Mother's Day and Father's Day, a time to recognize the parents that raised us and gave us a chance at life. Whether those parents were your birth parents, or the people who chose to have you as their own, this is a time to say thank you for everything they did preparing us for life.
singinghymns
Team Moderator
Team Moderator

Medals: 23
Sims 4 Legacy (1) Boolprop Wacky Challenge (1) Story of the Month 2019 (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) Thanksgiving Turkey (1) 2015 Holiday Events (1) 2016 Valentine Events (1) 2016 Easter Events (1)
2018 Bouble Bingo (1) 2018 Xmas Events - Advent (1) 2015 Birthday Toast (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) The Immortal Teenager (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) Watermelon Bliss (1) Little Ball of Fur (1)
A Field of Red Poppies (1) Singing in the Rain (1) USA - Texas (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1)

Postby Abby » June 27th, 2016, 2:32 pm

BOOLPROP HOUSE STATS

465 POINTS

300 POINTS

515 POINTS

765 POINTS

695 points

Congrats to House Smustle!! Members of House Smustle, feel free to send a PM to any mod with a pick your own medal of choice for being successful this quarter! It's a fresh slate next quarter - it's anyone's game. Keep excited for our October Newsletter where the next winners will be announced :mrgreen:
(Image. Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image, Image or Image!)
Abby
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 18
Golden Plumbob 2016 (1) Golden Plumbob 2017 (1) Sims 4 Legacy (1) Story of the Month (1) Completed a Challenge! (1) Boolprop NTM 10 Participant (1) Boolprop NTM 11 Participant (1) 2016 Summer Screenshot (1) Let's Build It Participation (1)
Silver SimNaNoWriMo Award 2016 (1) 2016 Easter Events (1) 2016 Halloween (1) 2015 Birthday Balloon (1) Happy Birthday (1) Great Migration of 2014 (1) USA - Texas (1) 100 Posts (1) 500 Posts (1)

Return to Updates & Information