Joint Boolprop Legacy: TS3 Version

DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Re: Joint Boolprop Legacy: TS3 Version?

Post by DreamWeaver »

I have all the expansions and most of the stuff packs except for fast lane and sweet treats.
vera

Re: Joint Boolprop Legacy: TS3 Version (Sign-Ups Complete, Y

Post by vera »

This looks like a lot of fun! Is there any room left?
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: gryffindork7
Origin ID: gryffindork7
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Oh crap, Laserkatt, your post just showed up! Which I think is because it was your first one and had to be moderated? I guess that puts us at 11 now... and I don't wanna throw anyone out so I'm totally down to do an 11-gen legacy, what do you guys think? :lol:

And I mean, not that I don't trust you guys or anything, but there's a chance someone will drop out for some reason or another down the road in which case it might go back to ten anyway...
Image Image Image
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

I don't mind doing 11-gens. I forgot to mention that I have all of the EPs. :)
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Re: Joint Boolprop Legacy: TS3 Version?

Post by Gryffindork »

Thanks, Bokavoy! Noted. :)
DSLady wrote:Oh, I don't have pets! I have everything else though. Maybe try sorting people in order of least expansions to most, that way the traits can still be rolled for as more and more EPs build up further down the line... If that makes sense!?
This actually occurred to me, so I might try to rig something up with the order if people don't mind! For those of you who've requested specific generations, I'll try to keep you where you are. And the idea of running Gen. 1 has been growing on me, so I might keep it unless there are any objections, and I'll just be very careful to keep the household accessible.

So gimme a sec and I'll just finalize the order. :)

Also, some stuff we should probably think about:
- Male or female founder?
- Who should make him/her?
- Overall theme and/or name theme?
- Heir polls: Y/N?
- Start on the largest lot or is that gonna destroy people's computers? :lol:
- Should we put a time limit on each generation so that this doesn't take us ten years (like my own legacy is probably going to)?
- EDIT: Family name? That could be important too :P
Last edited by Gryffindork on March 30th, 2016, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

I think we should have heir polls sense it is a group "project." I don't really care about the other stuff, I am flexible.
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I'm down for however many generations this legacy takes! The more the merrier. :party:

We definitely should start sorting out some details, now that we have a full crew on board. My laptop is probably the most prone to exploding, but it can handle the largest lots in the game. I have no preference for the founder's name or gender, and I think whoever does Gen. 1 or whoever really loves making Sims should make them. Absolute yes to the heir poll (I still haven't had one for my own legacy, oops). I think we should try to make this legacy as silly as possible, so I'm good with any silly theme, or if anyone wants a specific theme for their generation they can go for it. I think we'll need a time limit too, but it should be flexible - real life does rear its ugly head from time to time, and I don't want to lose out on my generation if I get sick or if I have to work a bunch of overtime or if I'm just generally very busy.

Also, how are we going to publish it? I know a lot of us Sims 3 players use Wordpress - does anyone know if it's possible to create a collaborative blog on Wordpress or a similar platform?
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

Emily Whalers wrote: How are we going to publish it? I know a lot of us Sims 3 players use Wordpress - does anyone know if it's possible to create a collaborative blog on Wordpress or a similar platform?
I was thinking that we would publish it on our own sites and then post them on the same thread. I think that is what they are doing for the sims 4 version.
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

Thanks for the input, guys!

Okay, so we're thinking heir polls for sure. Open to the public or just to participants?

And time limit yes, but we'll make it a reasonably generous one.

As for publishing, I was picturing posting our generations on individual blogs and keeping track of everything in a Boolprop thread. But a communal site is an interesting thought, too - I can look into it, and we can see what the preferred option is!

Also, I am so down for silly.
Image Image Image
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I'd prefer not to publish it on my blog, just because I'm scared of running out of room for the Scatterdays. I've already used about half of my media storage, and I'm just about halfway through my legacy, so if I add another generation of something I might not be able to fit all of the Scatterdays on my blog. Plus, having all of the generations in a central location might be easier for readers.

Heir polls open to the public, I think. It'll be more fun that way! And I am so glad you are down for silly!
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

I have an idea. Since I feel a little bad for not participating in these kind of things, you could use one of my sims as the founder?

You could use Mike Malone:

It's fine if you don't want too use him. :tongue:
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

That's a good point - I haven't checked the storage on my blog in a while. :tongue: But I did just start a new blog for all my extra simming stuff, which is where I envisioned posting my part.

However, recognizing that this isn't an option for everyone - there is totally an outlet for multiple contributors on WordPress! It looks super simple and I think it would be a good option. It just means everyone involved needs to have a WordPress account, and I'd have to create the blog and add everyone as contributors. So all of your posts would be attributed to your WordPress username, and if you also wanted to "reblog" them on your personal blog you could definitely do that as well. :)

Everyone let me know what you think about this!

Edit: @Cororon: Is your sim the one at the chess table? :tongue:
Image Image Image
Bokavoy

Post Counts

Post by Bokavoy »

It would be cool to have one WordPress blog with us being contributors. It might be easier that having them all posted in different sites.
Cororon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweden

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Cororon »

Gryffindork wrote:Edit: @Cororon: Is your sim the one at the chess table? :tongue:
No, the one on the poster. :) But either one would be ok. :tongue:
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

It would not be so bad us all posting our parts in different places as long as there is a thread here that links to all of the chapters/updates.
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Gryffindork
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Gryffindork »

That's true, it's not a bad option at all! The only problem is that some people might not want to fill up space on their own blogs, and that leaves them with nowhere to post their chapters. :hmm: I guess we'll figure it out as more votes trickle in on the issue.

@Cororon: Oh okay, cool! I'm guessing we'll probably come up with a few candidates for founder and see which one everyone prefers. :)
Image Image Image
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I don't have a Word Press blog, I publish my Sims 3 Rainbowcy on LJ after making a PowerPoint. Also I did start a Round Robin legacy with Pony on LJ and we have a community page where the generation participants can post their chapters. Only thing is the original creator of the community has to update it if there are no other moderators for it.
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

Post by Mauricette »

I'm sorry to butt in- couldn't you make a WordPress or live journal solely for the purpose of this project? And perhaps more collaborative boolprop projects down the line. And share the account with all the contributors? Can't wait for you guys to get started. Good luck everyone!
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

This looks awesome guys, glad someone made a TS3 one! I dont play TS3 anymore but i'll be watching for chapters! Good luck with it everyone!
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

I agree with most above, a collaborative WP/LJ account just for this legacy looks like the best option.

Willing to go with the flow on the founder/gender/name thing, definitely up for having multiple options we can choose from. Looking forward to seeing the founder everyone comes up with!
Naming themes are fun, either an overall one or different for each generation. Would be fun to get reader input for themes, especially if we're going for silly.

Definitely need heir polls, and they should be public - so those who missed out on being part of this joint legacy can also participate :)
And yes, a generous time limit is a good idea - maybe 6-12 months or so? Reckon we could all get through one generation in that time.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”